HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Good players that are expected to be drafted in the 50-80 range

Old
05-21-2012, 04:17 AM
TheNudge

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
Nope, it doesn't make sense. Not to mention, I provided a source from a scout so my opinion is actually shared by someone who is worth quoting in a magazine.

Flipping on your own words again? One day his +/- was "staggering" and now you're saying you never said it? Well here's the quote for you to refresh your memory:

If you want to argue that I said shocking and you said staggering, feel free to click this and read this:

This thread is simply asking for guys who are expected to be drafted in the 50-80 range. Henrik Samuelsson is expected to be in that range regardless of anyone's opinion. That doesn't mean it's impossible for him to be picked earlier, I doubt I ever said that either, but stating that he is going to be selected 31st (actually 32nd) by the Oilers is ridiculous fanboy crap that should be left in the specific team threads. I don't think you should bother responding to this post as everything that needs to be said has been said. You acknowledged that Henrik Samuelsson could be in the 50-80 range which is the purpose of the topic and anything else will simply get this thread off topic.
Wow looks like you flip flopped over night didn't you? Today it's possible that he falls into that range but yesterday you tried to make it clear that Henrik Samuelsson wasn't getting past the Oilers in the 2nd round (the 32nd pick actually):

Who cares. If H.S fall or not. Your such a jerk. If the kid believe the Oilers need and should take H.S. with there 2nd rounder then let him think that. Who are to say other wise?? Are you God ??? Even if other scouts shared your opinion, it still a opinion. I simply hate a poster bashing someone for giving is opinion.

Also I can't see Samuelsson falling more then mid 2nd. Also HS did exactly what was expected from him. He produce well, showed the worl he can play on a smaller ice surfice. Also is +/- are good. H.S showed is peers that he a vesatile player.

So now leave him alone.

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:23 AM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
I feel Andreas Athanasiou should end up a late 2nd/early 3rd

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Grandpabuzz

Send a message via AIM to Grandpabuzz
Some players which I think have first round potential, but will probably be picked in that range:

Kevin Roy - despite his size and his criticism about style vs substance, I still think he has the most potential of any forward in this draft excluding the big three (Yak, Grig, Gal)
Tim Bozon
Dylan Blujus
Jordan Schmaltz
Marcus McIvor
Travis Brown
Coda Gordon
Jarrod Maidens

Grandpabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by judge301 View Post
Henrik Samuelsson doesn't get past 31 and the \Oilers. He was brought over by the organization to play on the CHL team and be closely scouted. He has not disappointed and is a player the Oilers need.
The Habs might have a crack at him. They pick at #3 in the second round as well.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:14 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarukar View Post
It seems like people are ignoring goalies, but Oscar Dansk anyone?
Dansk has an outside shot at the first round, IMO. The love for him seems to have come on really strong lately and some have him ranked higher than Subban.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Seachd

Quote:
To return the favor and correct all your expertise, the Oilers will be picking at 31 due to the NJDs relinquishing their first rounder due to the Kovalchuk signing.
Not exactly. They'd be taking the 31st player, but it will be with the 32nd pick.

As for the topic, that seems pretty early for Samuelsson.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:05 PM
judge301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Not exactly. They'd be taking the 31st player, but it will be with the 32nd pick.

Again, your opinion vs mine... Nothing more. IF HS is still around at the 31 pick, which is the spot the Oilers will draft in regardless of childish semantics, I really see the Oilers taking him Unless some kid falls WAY off the charts. HS has proven to be an outstanding player and meets one of the organizations greatest needs. He is a big, agitating, aggressive power forward and this team needs that type of player to become a champion. I could care less what you think or why. I simply stated an opinion in this thread and have been attacked a number of times by posters professing to know something no one else in the world does. This includes Klowe and Tambi. I simply have stated, on numerous threads attempting to clarify for those who choose to play childish games based on artificial semantics and foolish articulation interpretations, that the Oil would take a shot at drafting this player.

judge301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:15 PM
judge301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The Habs might have a crack at him. They pick at #3 in the second round as well.
Yeah, they may. My thinking though, and that is all it is, says HS doesn't get past the Oilers pick at 31 and to clarify for those unable to get past it, no matter what wording twist some people want to play, and barring a trade or some other unforseen change in fate, the Oilers will select the 31st player at the entry draft this year. I think they take HS for reasons previously posted by myself that HS will be the choice.

Old
05-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Athanasiou has really impressed me in the last game of the OHL final and in the tourney so far. Thought he was the classic ''has great speed and skill but very poor hockey sense'' player but it looks like I was wrong.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Again, your opinion vs mine... Nothing more. IF HS is still around at the 31 pick, which is the spot the Oilers will draft in regardless of childish semantics.
Easy, tiger. It's not semantics, it's how the NHL does things. A simple "thank you" would have sufficed.

By the way, you're welcome.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:34 PM
judge301

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
Wow looks like you flip flopped over night didn't you? Today it's possible that he falls into that range but yesterday you tried to make it clear that Henrik Samuelsson wasn't getting past the Oilers in the 2nd round (the 32nd pick actually):

Who cares. If H.S fall or not. Your such a jerk. If the kid believe the Oilers need and should take H.S. with there 2nd rounder then let him think that. Who are to say other wise?? Are you God ??? Even if other scouts shared your opinion, it still a opinion. I simply hate a poster bashing someone for giving is opinion.

Also I can't see Samuelsson falling more then mid 2nd. Also HS did exactly what was expected from him. He produce well, showed the worl he can play on a smaller ice surfice. Also is +/- are good. H.S showed is peers that he a vesatile player.

So now leave him alone.
Thank You.

Some reading to support my opinion that H.S. will not go past the 31st player picked. (Note to Searchd, I could give a rats behind what pick it officially registered as by the NHL. The player chosen will be the 31 player drafted and yes, it is semantics. You're welcome.)

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

This media outlet and others don't even see Henrik Samuelsson falling out of the first round. I guess we'll see shortly.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:30 PM
judge301

Quote:
Henrik Samuelsson doesn't get past 31 and the \Oilers. He was brought over by the organization to play on the CHL team and be closely scouted. He has not disappointed and is a player the Oilers need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Say what you want but I wouldn't be shocked either if Samuelsson fell into the 50-60 range. It's not like he's a lock to be a top 45 pick....

As for other guys that I like in this range:

Lukas Sutter - Saskatoon Blades
Mike Winther - Prince Albert Raiders
Coda Gordon - Swift Current Broncos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post

I hate to be that guy but..... Nah, who am i kidding. I LOVE IT!!