HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Draft Complete: Ode to the 5'10 Center

Old
06-23-2012, 12:12 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
what are you talking about?
Myles Bell and his incident before the draft last year.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

Wow, what a boring draft for Avs fans

Qurpiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Myles Bell and his incident before the draft last year.
yea i knew about that but i thought they were talking about Ebert in a crash, i understand now. thanks.

Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Kid sure likes to throw them.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:39 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Mitchell Heard 6.0 B
Troy Bourke 7.0 D
Michael Clarke 6.5 C
Joseph Blandisie 6.0 D
Colin Smith 6.5 D

Are my numbers.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Rhaego

I just looked at the Caps board. There acting like they got the real Forsberg. I feel like Forsberg has an MPS feel to him. Also, they said they'd rather have Mike Riberio than Varlamov, thats without adding the superstar that they just drafted.

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:07 PM
chet1926

To everyone that is a "size queen" yeah we picked some smaller guys but all of the players we drafted are 18 and 19 years old meaning they still have time to grow.

That player we all love and want the Avs to sign Parise is only 5'11" 195lbs now. I can easily see a couple of the players we drafted get to that size.

Size isn't everything, the players we drafted are going to have to work hard. I'm not going to say I love our draft but you never know one guys could turn out to be the next star.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
I just looked at the Caps board. There acting like they got the real Forsberg. I feel like Forsberg has an MPS feel to him. Also, they said they'd rather have Mike Riberio than Varlamov, thats without adding the superstar that they just drafted.
People here would be doing the same thing if the roles were reversed...that said I'm perfectly thrilled with having Varlamov and what FF does for Washington is not relevant to that feeling.

Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:10 PM
JoemAvs

Not happy with the Avs draft.
But then again I am never happy with them and usually they turn out pretty solid.

Wanted Frk over Heard. We need boom or bust top line talent and not more of the hard working guy who will be a great 3rd liner but could even play on the 2nd line. But thats just my opinion.

And the worst thing about this whole draft for the Avs by far is being overlooked here. Toronto went dman heavy. And Staal was traded to Carolina and Ribeiro to the Caps.

If the Leafs dont get Derek Roy we are doomed.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:27 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
I honestly don't care.

JWK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:31 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Mitchell Heard 6.5 B
Troy Bourke 7.5 C
Michael Clarke 6.5 D
Joseph Blandisie 6.5 D
Colin Smith 6.5 D

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:32 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Not happy with the Avs draft.
But then again I am never happy with them and usually they turn out pretty solid.

Wanted Frk over Heard. We need boom or bust top line talent and not more of the hard working guy who will be a great 3rd liner but could even play on the 2nd line. But thats just my opinion.

And the worst thing about this whole draft for the Avs by far is being overlooked here. Toronto went dman heavy. And Staal was traded to Carolina and Ribeiro to the Caps.

If the Leafs dont get Derek Roy we are doomed.
I assuming that you think that means if they don't get Roy they are going to get Stastny. I'm not sure where you are making that assumption.

To make a trade it takes two teams to agree. The Avs aren't just going to hand over Stastny cheaply. If Toronto makes us a fair offer then yeah we might listen. Them drafting a bunch of dmen actually helps us because they might be more willing to part with Schenn+ to get Stastny. Whereas before Schenn wasn't going to get moved.

But just because we drafted a bunch of project centers to potentially replace someone down the road and a team that wants a top end center doesn't mean they are going to be able to get them.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:35 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I assuming that you think that means if they don't get Roy they are going to get Stastny. I'm not sure where you are making that assumption.

To make a trade it takes two teams to agree. The Avs aren't just going to hand over Stastny cheaply. If Toronto makes us a fair offer then yeah we might listen. Them drafting a bunch of dmen actually helps us because they might be more willing to part with Schenn+ to get Stastny. Whereas before Schenn wasn't going to get moved.

But just because we drafted a bunch of project centers to potentially replace someone down the road and a team that wants a top end center doesn't mean they are going to be able to get them.
Do not want Schenn.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:39 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Do not want Schenn.
So you don't think Schenn would help our D at all? The only dman on our team that is better currently is EJ.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:

You misspelled Gardiner. Luke Schenn is a bad defensively, he treats the puck like a live grenade and he would be behind EJ, ROB and Elliott/Barrie on our depth charts.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:40 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
So you don't think Schenn would help our D at all? The only dman on our team that is better currently is EJ.
Hejda is better than Schenn right now.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Looks like a "meh" draft on paper and I don't like the small center theme but Pracey knows what he's doing.

We didn't have a 1st round pick and this is supposed to be a pretty average draft so I'll be happy if one of these guys becomes a regular player for us.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:44 PM
cgf

Quote:
Hejda and O'Byrne are a lot better than Schenn currently. Wilson probably as well. Schenn's not very good right now.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Hopefully the Avs are planning on keeping Staz, Dutch, and ROR around, but don't want to get caught with a 4th line Center asking 3M again.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Schenn would be a bottom pairing defenseman on this team, just like he was for Toronto last year. They can keep him.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Looks like another draft where they based as much on need as they did talent. Interesting draft strategy the last two offseasons.

No idea who any of these kids are, so thanks to everyone here for providing some insight.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:17 PM
BoxOfChocolates

I'm willing to bet that Heard and Bourke will be the only ones to get contracts.

BoxOfChocolates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:30 PM
chewey
dmitri

Yikes! A bit of Schenn hate on here. I think he'll end up being a top pairing guy. Toronto isn't the place for him to develop. Its a great ****ing city tho.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
Yikes! A bit of Schenn hate on here. I think he'll end up being a top pairing guy. Toronto isn't the place for him to develop. Its a great ****ing city tho.
IMHO Rotten Ronnie did a pretty good number on him, I really have a hard time seeing him bounce back from his time under Wilson.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
I don't hate him, but I sure don't see top pairing potential in him either. I don't see any need at all to give up any assets for him when we've got young defensemen of our own knocking on the door and in the pipeline.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote