HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2012, 03:54 PM
  #1
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 50
2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk

Now we can start all over again.

MacKinnon, Barkov, Monahan or Jones?!

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:57 PM
  #2
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,027
vCash: 500
Time to tank yet?

Et le But is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:58 PM
  #3
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
Im all for Barkov !!!!

No seriously where do you thjink Anthony Duclair will fall ? I saw this kid play and he's a wizz.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:59 PM
  #4
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,446
vCash: 500
I think will be back in the playoffs next year actually, if we do it means that when galchenyuk is ready for the show he could be the piece along with tinordi and beaulieu that puts us over the top (as a contender)

subbanged is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:01 PM
  #5
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
I think will be back in the playoffs next year actually, if we do it means that when galchenyuk is ready for the show he could be the piece along with tinordi and beaulieu that puts us over the top (as a contender)
I would not mind ending up with a mid/late first round pick this year. With all our seconds, I could see up trading up in the top tier of the draft if the management have a player they absolutely love.

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:03 PM
  #6
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Im all for Barkov !!!!

No seriously where do you thjink Anthony Duclair will fall ? I saw this kid play and he's a wizz.
I don't know, he's ranked around 8-15 right now. Hometown boy. It would be nice adding him if we pick later than this year.

Duclair - Galchenyuk - Collberg.

He's listed at 5'11 and 159 lbs but I don't think he's at 159 lbs anymore. It's not a race thing but I think he'll grow like Subban. He'll become a tank without losing his speed.


Last edited by SergeConstantin74: 06-23-2012 at 04:08 PM.
SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:07 PM
  #7
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Habs won't pick above 14th next year.

Might be much later as well, depending on how the Summer goes and how healthy Markov is.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:11 PM
  #8
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: England
Posts: 7,429
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
We're gonna make the playoffs next year.

Seb is online now  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:17 PM
  #9
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,038
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'm already saying right now - I want NOTHING to do with Anthony Duclaire. You want a guy with 3rd line max upside, thats him. Really do not like him.

As far as the exciting players as of right now..
Seth Jones,
The Mooseheads trio of MacKinnon, Drouin and Fucale
Hunter Shinkaruk
Aleksander Barkov
Curtis Lazar
Adam Erne

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:20 PM
  #10
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,079
vCash: 500
You guys are maniacs. See you in October.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:26 PM
  #11
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'm already saying right now - I want NOTHING to do with Anthony Duclaire. You want a guy with 3rd line max upside, thats him. Really do not like him.

As far as the exciting players as of right now..
Seth Jones,
The Mooseheads trio of MacKinnon, Drouin and Fucale
Hunter Shinkaruk
Aleksander Barkov
Curtis Lazar
Adam Erne
Really 3rd liner ? Care to elaborate 'cause i saw a **** load of talent while watching Grigo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You guys are maniacs. See you in October.
We are !

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:27 PM
  #12
NovaScotia Habsfan31
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
As a Habs fan and a Halifax Mooseheads fan I would absolutely love to see us take Mackinnon next year. However that involves an absolutely terrible season for that to happen.

With a drastic reduction in man games lost and guys who had bad years last year rebounding the Habs could sneak into the playoffs but you also have to take into account other teams who were in the 6th-8th seeds as well as the teams who missed the playoffs and how they develop over the course of the next year. IMO the best case scenario as far as seeding goes will be with the Habs just barely making it as the 8th seed which would put us with the 15th overall pick.

Going back to my Mooseheads bias I can see Drouin and Fucale being there at 15. Duclair and Erne off the Remparts could be had there as well. If the Habs are somewhere in between 3rd and 15th like say 7th-8th then Lazar, Roy, Pulock are guys I like at the moment. Barkov is intriguing as a big center and of course if we outright suck then I salivate at the thought of Mackinnon and Seth Jones as a consolation prize if we miss out.

I don't neccesarily like the idea of another bad season as the past one was difficult to make it through but it wouldnt be the end of the world if the Habs had a bad season next year with another high pick as the reward and adding along 4 other picks with in the top 70 and maybe more if Bergevin goes full sell mode if the Habs are definitely outside the playoffs in February.

NovaScotia Habsfan31 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:28 PM
  #13
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Really 3rd liner ? Care to elaborate 'cause i saw a **** load of talent while watching Grigo.
Same reason why he didn't want anything to do with Grigorenko and wants the Halifax trio.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:28 PM
  #14
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,038
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Really 3rd liner ? Care to elaborate 'cause i saw a **** load of talent while watching Grigo.



We are !
Watching Duclair in the play-offs against the Moose, he just never did anything. For every bit of bad Grigorenko was, Duclaire was downright invisible. He never seemed to make anything happen with the puck, all he could do was put pressure with his skating ability.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:29 PM
  #15
NovaScotia Habsfan31
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'm already saying right now - I want NOTHING to do with Anthony Duclaire. You want a guy with 3rd line max upside, thats him. Really do not like him.

As far as the exciting players as of right now..
Seth Jones,
The Mooseheads trio of MacKinnon, Drouin and Fucale
Hunter Shinkaruk
Aleksander Barkov
Curtis Lazar
Adam Erne
What about later on in the draft like late first/early second for Duclair?

NovaScotia Habsfan31 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:31 PM
  #16
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,038
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaScotia Habsfan31 View Post
What about later on in the draft like late first/early second for Duclair?
You could gamble if he falls into the 2nd round because of the perceived talent, but I wouldnt go near him as a 1st rounder. I see him slipping over next year if he doesnt show an improvement.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:33 PM
  #17
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 50
That's Halifax Mooseheads fan for you. Thinking Quebec Remparts youngsters are crap because they didn't have good playoffs.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:34 PM
  #18
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Same reason why he didn't want anything to do with Grigorenko and wants the Halifax trio.
He was a Grigo fan at first if I recall good . (I do.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Watching Duclair in the play-offs against the Moose, he just never did anything. For every bit of bad Grigorenko was, Duclaire was downright invisible. He never seemed to make anything happen with the puck, all he could do was put pressure with his skating ability.
Pretty much all the offense of Quebec struggled in the playoffs...

But I see what you are saying..

Altought, I think we're likely to draft in the early 20's so.. He might be BPA.

Could we go with Shinkaruk to complete a duo of ****ed-up names ? Him and Galchenyuk are not bad..

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:36 PM
  #19
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,038
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
That's Halifax Mooseheads fan for you. Thinking Quebec Remparts youngsters are crap because they didn't have good playoffs.
But yet I listed Adam Erne..

Oh because he was a Mooseheads pick, thats why I am biased?

I didnt like him in the regular season games vs. the Moose either, for what its worth.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:37 PM
  #20
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
You could gamble if he falls into the 2nd round because of the perceived talent, but I wouldnt go near him as a 1st rounder. I see him slipping over next year if he doesnt show an improvement.
And also try and remember that he's extremely thin. + I always hate people coming from Lac St-louis going straight in big competition like that in the Q

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:40 PM
  #21
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
But yet I listed Adam Erne..

Oh because he was a Mooseheads pick, thats why I am biased?

I didnt like him in the regular season games vs. the Moose either, for what its worth.
I don't blame you. Liking our own players better and underrating others is a normal thing.

Grigorenko, Duclair and Erne didn't have good playoffs, especially Erne who didn't create anything until the 7th game. It doesn't mean they aren't talented enough.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:45 PM
  #22
Sakicfan
Registered User
 
Sakicfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 501
vCash: 500
I agree with WTK here. I have doubts about Duclair's hockey sense. He sure has tons of speed and some very good hands, but he doesn't seems to know what to do with all these tools. He reminds me of Esposito in that sense. Playing in the Q, he gets away with those problems, but I don't see him being able to use his skating and hands in the NHL unless he really changes the way he plays the game.

Adam Erne is a way better prospect and, from what I saw, Nick Sorenson is also better.

Sakicfan is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:48 PM
  #23
Sakicfan
Registered User
 
Sakicfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
I don't blame you. Liking our own players better and underrating others is a normal thing.

Grigorenko, Duclair and Erne didn't have good playoffs, especially Erne who didn't create anything until the 7th game. It doesn't mean they aren't talented enough.
Erne did some good plays in that series and I like what I saw from him, but he was stuck with Mike freaking McNamee (who was always losing the puck) and Logan Shaw. He was better in those games than Duclair.

Sakicfan is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:55 PM
  #24
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakicfan View Post
Erne did some good plays in that series and I like what I saw from him, but he was stuck with Mike freaking McNamee (who was always losing the puck) and Logan Shaw. He was better in those games than Duclair.
Not really. During the season he was the driving force of that line for sure but in the playoffs, he wasn't doing it anymore. I was really disappointed with his playoffs because I thought that he could shine in that type of game where there isn't much space. All he did was come down from the wing and shot the puck from the circles where the goalie could see it clearly. In the 7th game he crashed the net and look what it did. He didn't do it in the 10 previous games. In an important game against Halifax, he was directly reponsible for two of Halifax goals when he couldn't get out of his zone even he he had an easy play.

I like him A LOT but saying he had better playoffs than Duclair and Grigo?! They didn't play good but Erne was worst, he didn't even showed up against Drummondville. Too bad he started playing only in the 7th game...

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 05:00 PM
  #25
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,466
vCash: 500
My pick for big draft ranking riser next year is Anthony Mantha. He was so good at the end of this season.

Fozz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.