HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL ENTRY DRAFT THREAD: 10AM Rounds 2-7| 35th overall | IV | TBD

Old
06-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
CAuse we need a 3rd liner...

Honestly I don't care about this draft. I think Burke messed up and the biggest bonus we could've gotten was Forsberg or Grink at 5 and then a guy like Collberg at 35th..

Rielly is a good pick but he's a 5th overall, that's expected

Finn was a garbage pick.

And why did you pick Loov, just take a chance on Ebert goddanm.
Wow, you think it was a bad draft for us?

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Kbs

Dunno if it's been posted, but Burke's draft recap is up on mapleleafs.com.

One thing that stuck out was he mentioned that he was in on Jordan Staal. He made it sound like (as everyone pretty much knew) Staal's decision had a lot to do with Eric being on Carolina.

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console

Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
CAuse we need a 3rd liner...

Honestly I don't care about this draft. I think Burke messed up and the biggest bonus we could've gotten was Forsberg or Grink at 5 and then a guy like Collberg at 35th..

Rielly is a good pick but he's a 5th overall, that's expected

Finn was a garbage pick.

And why did you pick Loov, just take a chance on Ebert goddanm.
That's ridiculous. Finn will be an NHL player. Do you remember who Robbie Earl was? Then you wouldn't want to draft someone like Ebert. All ego, no effort.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:31 PM
blackmarketmob

Quite a drop for Ebert. Early on in the season, Jughead wanted Ebert if Toronto was in or near a lottery position and picking roughly 5-6. He went 211th.

blackmarketmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Apparently we're looking to invite a goalie who wasn't drafted to the prospects camp.

Houser perhaps?

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:42 PM
saffronleaf

So I guess Burke's plan is pretty clear now -- to tank the next season in order to have a better chance at MacKinnon.

Reilly will be NHL-ready by 2015, but regardless, we still have no center for the first line, and a small, weak, 50pt second line center.

It pains me to say this, but it's getting more and more likely that the Leafs will go an entire decade without making the playoffs. It's a sad, sad period for Leafs nation. Just an overall tragedy with regard to the state of this organization for quite a while now. A generation of fans will have lost hope in the Leafs and moved on to other clubs and sports.

I suppose the legions of Leafs-haters (especially in the GTA; for as many passionate Leafs fans there are, there are an equal amount that passionately hate them) can rejoice as they witness the destruction of this once-storied club.

saffronleaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffronleaf View Post
So I guess Burke's plan is pretty clear now -- to tank the next season in order to have a better chance at MacKinnon.

Reilly will be NHL-ready by 2015, but regardless, we still have no center for the first line, and a small, weak, 50pt second line center.

It pains me to say this, but it's getting more and more likely that the Leafs will go an entire decade without making the playoffs. It's a sad, sad period for Leafs nation. Just an overall tragedy with regard to the state of this organization for quite a while now. A generation of fans will have lost hope in the Leafs and moved on to other clubs and sports.

I suppose the legions of Leafs-haters (especially in the GTA; for as many passionate Leafs fans there are, there are an equal amount that passionately hate them) can rejoice as they witness the destruction of this once-storied club.
lolwat

Give this team half-decent goaltending and they're probably in the playoffs.

Kyle Doobas is online now   Reply With Quote