HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Farewell Zuke! (Signs with KHL)

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2012, 01:04 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Fast forward five years and we'll still be looking at the above statement.

I think it too a good 3 years for the threads about Immonen to stop, and he does not have any where near Zuccs Q factor.
Or rewind a couple years to when people said PA Parenteau could be a decent player somewhere else. How did that end up?

I'd wager money that Zuccarello finds at least modest success somewhere else in the league. It may be on the top line of some ****** team like PAP, but he's not done in the NHL.

It's just pain.
Old
06-12-2012, 06:46 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
In 3 weeks he will be a UFA, he has a NHL out clause in his KHL contract...
He will be playing NHL hockey next season i am 95% certain
He definetely wont. His NHL out clause is not valid until after the end of the first season.

Google Translate

Old
06-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
He definetely wont. His NHL out clause is not valid until after the end of the first season.

Google Translate
Yeah, saw that earlier today.
He could still be picked up by a NHL team after July 1st as an UFA though.
KHL contract is not valid in NA, just ask Radulov haha

Also interesting that he is not listed on the roster on the team site. I suspect he wont be until after reporting to Russia if he does not get picked up by a NHL team

Last edited by Hellion: 06-12-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old
06-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Or rewind a couple years to when people said PA Parenteau could be a decent player somewhere else. How did that end up?

I'd wager money that Zuccarello finds at least modest success somewhere else in the league. It may be on the top line of some ****** team like PAP, but he's not done in the NHL.
I can agree with this. Maybe Zuccarello can hook into a generational talent at center like the Tavares/PAP duo.

Then again, like PAP, I can see Zuccarello putting up 60 points and being on an awful team; his incomplete game contributing to the overall lack of team success.

Last edited by Bleed Ranger Blue: 06-12-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old
06-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I can agree with this. Maybe Zuccarello can hook into a generational talent at center like the Tavares/PAP duo.

Then again, like PAP, I can see Zuccarello putting up 60 points and being on an awful team; his incomplete game contributing to the overall lack of team success.
what?

zuc's only real lacking factor is his size on the boards. he hits as hard as half our team. he blocks shots. he is a decent skater. he's got a decent shot. he's a smart passer. he covers his man well. he hustles back when somebody else fails at covering their man/can't catch up. he can pry the puck out of the boards when it's already pinned. he's sneaky. hell! the kid plays the crease at his size. nothing he brings will bring any team down. he falls back when the defenseman pinches in. etc. etc. etc.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
what?

zuc's only real lacking factor is his size on the boards. he hits as hard as half our team. he blocks shots. he is a decent skater. he's got a decent shot. he's a smart passer. he covers his man well. he hustles back when somebody else fails at covering their man/can't catch up. he can pry the puck out of the boards when it's already pinned. he's sneaky. hell! the kid plays the crease at his size. nothing he brings will bring any team down. he falls back when the defenseman pinches in. etc. etc. etc.
We'll agree to disagree.

I disagree with your assessment of his play away from the puck. I highly disagree the notion that he is a "decent" skater.

Old
06-15-2012, 06:34 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:

Google Translate
I dont know if its the translation or the writer but that article says in multiple spots he was making 10 million when in the NHL. Based on that I take the rest of the article with a grain of salt. I hope to see Zooks back in the NHL at some point soon. Even better if he comes back to the Rangers down the road.

Old
06-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
I dont know if its the translation or the writer but that article says in multiple spots he was making 10 million when in the NHL. Based on that I take the rest of the article with a grain of salt. I hope to see Zooks back in the NHL at some point soon. Even better if he comes back to the Rangers down the road.
They are not talking American dollars, but Norwegian krone.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Vitto79

now that Zuke is qualified what are the chances he gets traded for a pick at the draft and signs a one way NHL deal with another team? he has the KHL out clause

Old
06-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
now that Zuke is qualified what are the chances he gets traded for a pick at the draft and signs a one way NHL deal with another team? he has the KHL out clause
what are the chances that he accepts the QO and stays here..? he'd have at least a couple of weeks/months to prove himself in gaborik's absence.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:01 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
I have been reading a lot of peoples opinions on this matter and I feel like saying a few words. I dont often post here anymore, but I read these boards every day. And let me just say that I was on board here long before Zucc signed with the Rangers.

What I am really sick of are these Norwegians who ***** and whine about playing in the AHL and how they seem like they think that they are automatically intitled to one way contracts when their ELC's expire. "oh, I want a one way contract" "The AHL is a grarage league" "im not doing another year like this" yada yada yada.
Patrick Thoresen, Mathis Olimb, Jonas Holøs, and now of all people Zucc are whining back to europe to collect a paycheque. These guys were given opportunities that most Hockeyplayers in the World, let alone in Norway, would die to get.

The only player from Norway in recent years that I felt went about things the right way, was Ole-Kristian Tollefsen. He paid his dues in the AHL before he came up to the bigs with the Blue Jackets. Never complained about anything and just went about his business and worked hard to reach his goals. The only reason he went back to Europe was because his body was a wreck. He played an insanely physical style and he didnt care about protecting himself on the ice. That took its toll on his body and he wanted to take a couple years off and play in a less physically demanding league. I played a littlebit with this guy before he went over to N.A so I know just how tough this guy is. I dont even know how many injuries and surgeries he suffered through while in the WHL, AHL and NHL. Tollefsen is a true warrior and he is a great example for young kids in our country. This guy will be back in the NHL some day for sure!
He did it the right way, just like most other north american hockey players. Pay your dues and you will get your chance if you work hard,. Im not saying that Zucc didnt work hard, he certainly did and he probably deserved a legitimate shot. However i am very disappointed that he got so impatient, whined about not wanting to come back on a two way deal and rushed to sign a contract in that disgusting league they call the KHL. Now thats a true garage league right there.
Norwegian hockey needs players in the NHL, not that bum league KHL.

Some people are probably gonna blast me for this. Fire away, I don't care. This is my sincere opinion.
What do u mean by that? Thoresen and Haugen are both KHL players and both are key players on our national team. I would say that we need more Ds. We got only 2 good d pairings and thats a problem.....

Old
06-16-2012, 12:52 PM
TigerJack

|
Quote:
what are the chances that he accepts the QO and stays here..? he'd have at least a couple of weeks/months to prove himself in gaborik's absence.
Exactly.
And he is waiver eligible also. This means that if he is sent down to Whale, he has to clear waivers.....

I think he should stay with the Rangers.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
|

Exactly.
And he is waiver eligible also. This means that if he is sent down to Whale, he has to clear waivers.....

I think he should stay with the Rangers.
i think it's in his best interest to sign for one more year and open the season with the team playing in gaborik's place. if he proves himself as he did last year (specifically towards the end) then we won't have a problem keeping him-- and other teams will have a better opinion of him.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:50 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Zooks was qualified? That is great news to hear. I have to admit some people in this thread convinced me that Zooks would not be qualified. I'm glad the Rangers did qualify Zooks. Makes sense for the team and shows that door may not be fully closed.

Old
06-16-2012, 06:55 PM
SirKillalot

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Norse Hockey View Post
He would never have been as good as St.Louis, that comparison is just ridiculous.
Aaahhh, welcome "jantelov"! (that's the Norwegian : Don't think you are better than anyone else" moral law)

Do you have the lottery numbers to? Since you already know this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
I have been reading a lot of peoples opinions on this matter and I feel like saying a few words. I dont often post here anymore, but I read these boards every day. And let me just say that I was on board here long before Zucc signed with the Rangers.

What I am really sick of are these Norwegians who ***** and whine about playing in the AHL and how they seem like they think that they are automatically intitled to one way contracts when their ELC's expire. "oh, I want a one way contract" "The AHL is a grarage league" "im not doing another year like this" yada yada yada.
Patrick Thoresen, Mathis Olimb, Jonas Holøs, and now of all people Zucc are whining back to europe to collect a paycheque. These guys were given opportunities that most Hockeyplayers in the World, let alone in Norway, would die to get.

The only player from Norway in recent years that I felt went about things the right way, was Ole-Kristian Tollefsen. He paid his dues in the AHL before he came up to the bigs with the Blue Jackets. Never complained about anything and just went about his business and worked hard to reach his goals. The only reason he went back to Europe was because his body was a wreck. He played an insanely physical style and he didnt care about protecting himself on the ice. That took its toll on his body and he wanted to take a couple years off and play in a less physically demanding league. I played a littlebit with this guy before he went over to N.A so I know just how tough this guy is. I dont even know how many injuries and surgeries he suffered through while in the WHL, AHL and NHL. Tollefsen is a true warrior and he is a great example for young kids in our country. This guy will be back in the NHL some day for sure!
He did it the right way, just like most other north american hockey players. Pay your dues and you will get your chance if you work hard,. Im not saying that Zucc didnt work hard, he certainly did and he probably deserved a legitimate shot. However i am very disappointed that he got so impatient, whined about not wanting to come back on a two way deal and rushed to sign a contract in that disgusting league they call the KHL. Now thats a true garage league right there.
Norwegian hockey needs players in the NHL, not that bum league KHL.

Some people are probably gonna blast me for this. Fire away, I don't care. This is my sincere opinion.
1. Because he is just not that good of a player. Though, he can log a lot of minutes, he's prone to make positional mistakes.
2. He just apparently declined Nashville Predators because of "family reasons" (wife having a baby some time this summer or something). So apparently, he is just in the same boat you put the others. Except Tollefsen, not one of the other guys have been given a decent chance.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

From Brooksie

Quote:
“So we would keep his rights,” Sather “I understand he has to take the money over there but one day he might want to come back and I want it to be with us.”

Old
06-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
what?

if he did all those things,he never would have been sent down to the AHL in the first place

Old
06-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 50
He was injured while in the NHL, so that argument doesn't make that much sense.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
From Brooksie
[QUOTESo we would keep his rights,” Sather “I understand he has to take the money over there but one day he might want to come back and I want it to be with us.” ][/QUOTE]

Just goes to prove that Sather and Tortorella don't see every player in the same light.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
So we would keep his rights,” Sather “I understand he has to take the money over there but one day he might want to come back and I want it to be with us.”
Quote:
Just goes to prove that Sather and Tortorella don't see every player in the same light.
that's why sather's making the big bucks

Old
06-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
that's why sather's making the big bucks
Twenty-two years and counting. He's a Hockey God.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:08 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
There'd be no reason to trade his right when he could potentially come back a more complete player in a few years.

Closed Thread