HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2012, 04:13 PM
  #26
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
After last year, I wanna follow the draft more in depth. Please to all the draft gurus, tell me how to follow prospects in depth (without paying plane tickets to watch them play).

I just don't wanna be the youtube highlights guy.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:16 PM
  #27
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
After last year, I wanna follow the draft more in depth. Please to all the draft gurus, tell me how to follow prospects in depth (without paying plane tickets to watch them play).

I just don't wanna be the youtube highlights guy.
Pick up list of prospect (most likely a good one ), pick up a calendar, pick up dates of games you want to watch (best interest is to focus on two players a game) then get a stream !

Mrb1p is online now  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:17 PM
  #28
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Who knows we might have another top 5 picks next year if there's substantial lockout and we have many lottery balls.(The worse part of that: Edmonton could pick very high again)

So we didn't get a goalie this year. arggh.

Let's go for Fucale?

SOLR is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:19 PM
  #29
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Pick up list of prospect (most likely a good one ), pick up a calendar, pick up dates of games you want to watch (best interest is to focus on two players a game) then get a stream !
Sounds like a plan

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:20 PM
  #30
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Who knows we might have another top 5 picks next year if there's substantial lockout and we have many lottery balls.(The worse part of that: Edmonton could pick very high again)

So we didn't get a goalie this year. arggh.

Let's go for Fucale?
Don't wish for a lockout... It's been 2 weeks there's no hockey and i'm falling little by little in a deep deep deeeeep depression

Mrb1p is online now  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:21 PM
  #31
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,167
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
After last year, I wanna follow the draft more in depth. Please to all the draft gurus, tell me how to follow prospects in depth (without paying plane tickets to watch them play).

I just don't wanna be the youtube highlights guy.
I try to catch as many Mooseheads games as I can live, if I can't, Eastlink t.v. streams them. There is also streams available all over the net for games. Some CHL games are broadcast on Sportsnet.

If you can get streams of tournaments like the Can-Rus challenge, the top prospects game, Ivan Hlinka, U-18, U-20, they are good to see the top players in the age groups.

Find resources that you trust on the internet, lots of draft blogs, scouting websites, nhldraftvideo is an excellent resource which comes from a guy on our own forum.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:27 PM
  #32
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
Fucale is a future star. I want a project and an AHL ready goalie.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:27 PM
  #33
Uwey
Registered User
 
Uwey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lunenburg, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Who knows we might have another top 5 picks next year if there's substantial lockout and we have many lottery balls.(The worse part of that: Edmonton could pick very high again)

So we didn't get a goalie this year. arggh.

Let's go for Fucale?
If we are picking that high, screw the tender, I want Jonathan Drouin. That way everyone gets something, talented, top six forward, francophone.

Uwey is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:29 PM
  #34
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
After last year, I wanna follow the draft more in depth. Please to all the draft gurus, tell me how to follow prospects in depth (without paying plane tickets to watch them play).

I just don't wanna be the youtube highlights guy.
Start by doing second hand research (prospect write ups, blogs, and yes, even youtube highlights and hfboards posts), find prospects that stand out to you, and find streams when you can. All the big tournaments are easy to find, high profile CHL games and European games are possible to stream at times.

Following European youth teams is harder but you will figure out who to keep a look out for by lurking on the prospects and international boards enough to see which European posters are worth listening to.

Et le But is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:31 PM
  #35
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,735
vCash: 500
oh crap already 2013 lol!


Last edited by Mathletic: 06-23-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Mathletic is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:35 PM
  #36
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
If we are picking that high, screw the tender, I want Jonathan Drouin. That way everyone gets something, talented, top six forward, francophone.
He won't be the only player in that draft that has all those qualities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
seriously I'm lamost crying of happiness right now. Hudon, Collberg, Bozon and Thrower + Galchenyuk yesterday. Pretty much all I wanted.
Wrong thread buddy.

Fozz is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:37 PM
  #37
Uwey
Registered User
 
Uwey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lunenburg, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
He won't be the only player in that draft that has all those qualities.



Wrong thread buddy.
OK, how about he was picked in last years Q draft second only to Nathan McKinnon!!!!

Trump that one.

Uwey is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:38 PM
  #38
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Anyone remember the first 2012 entry draft thread after last years draft. Frk was the big thing then.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:38 PM
  #39
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,469
vCash: 500
Where do Mads Eller project to be taken at?

Mathradio is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:38 PM
  #40
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Fucale is a future star. I want a project and an AHL ready goalie.
Micheal Howser?

Halifaxhab is online now  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:41 PM
  #41
Uwey
Registered User
 
Uwey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lunenburg, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Anyone remember the first 2012 entry draft thread after last years draft. Frk was the big thing then.
& maybe yet, the Red Wings pick another 2nd round gem???

Uwey is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:52 PM
  #42
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I try to catch as many Mooseheads games as I can live, if I can't, Eastlink t.v. streams them. There is also streams available all over the net for games. Some CHL games are broadcast on Sportsnet.

If you can get streams of tournaments like the Can-Rus challenge, the top prospects game, Ivan Hlinka, U-18, U-20, they are good to see the top players in the age groups.

Find resources that you trust on the internet, lots of draft blogs, scouting websites, nhldraftvideo is an excellent resource which comes from a guy on our own forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Start by doing second hand research (prospect write ups, blogs, and yes, even youtube highlights and hfboards posts), find prospects that stand out to you, and find streams when you can. All the big tournaments are easy to find, high profile CHL games and European games are possible to stream at times.

Following European youth teams is harder but you will figure out who to keep a look out for by lurking on the prospects and international boards enough to see which European posters are worth listening to.
This is really helpful guys, thanks. Sounds like fun.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 05:04 PM
  #43
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,384
vCash: 500
NHL 2013 Early Rankings

1. Nathan MacKinnon
2. Seth Jones
3. Anthony Duclair
4. Hunter Shinkaruk
5. Aleksander Barkov Jr
6. Sean Monahan
7. Elias Lindholm
8. Ryan Pulock
9. Valery Nichushkin
10. Jonathan Drouin
11. Curtis Lazar
12. Kerby Richel
13. Rasmus Ristolainen
14. Adam Erne
15. Max Domi
16. Alex Forsberg
17. Zachary Fucale
18. JT Compher
19. Nick Sorensen
20. Eric Roy

Being in a mindset of not tanking that badly, these 2 guys are the ones I want in my team. Especially Curtis Lazar. The kid is so mature for his age and has tremendous work ethic.

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 05:08 PM
  #44
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
After last year, I wanna follow the draft more in depth. Please to all the draft gurus, tell me how to follow prospects in depth (without paying plane tickets to watch them play).

I just don't wanna be the youtube highlights guy.
Depending on where you're from, go watch CHL games either Q, OHL or WHL. It's not that expensive and watch for visiting teams that have great talent for the draft. I live in Mauricie, Québec and I went to watch Grigorenko played 2 times in Shawinigan.

As most of us aren't real scouts, we do a lot of reading and discussions. Make sure you come often on HFboards and the prospects section.

Here's my hockeyblog and you can scroll down to read the articles I've written on them. Galchenyuk tweeted me back 2 times early in the season complementing my article on him.

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.com/

I consider myself as an ARMCHAIR scout. loll

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 05:16 PM
  #45
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Depending on where you're from, go watch CHL games either Q, OHL or WHL. It's not that expensive and watch for visiting teams that have great talent for the draft. I live in Mauricie, Québec and I went to watch Grigorenko played 2 times in Shawinigan.

As most of us aren't real scouts, we do a lot of reading and discussions. Make sure you come often on HFboards and the prospects section.

Here's my hockeyblog and you can scroll down to read the articles I've written on them. Galchenyuk tweeted me back 2 times early in the season complementing my article on him.

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.com/

I consider myself as an ARMCHAIR scout. loll
Looks like a great blog, and regarding the list you posted previously, Rasmus Ristolainen really stood out for me in the last u20 WJC. I'm gonna watch him closely this year and I think he can possibly rise.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 05:32 PM
  #46
Uwey
Registered User
 
Uwey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lunenburg, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
NHL 2013 Early Rankings

1. Nathan MacKinnon
2. Seth Jones
3. Anthony Duclair
4. Hunter Shinkaruk
5. Aleksander Barkov Jr
6. Sean Monahan
7. Elias Lindholm
8. Ryan Pulock
9. Valery Nichushkin
10. Jonathan Drouin
11. Curtis Lazar
12. Kerby Richel
13. Rasmus Ristolainen
14. Adam Erne
15. Max Domi
16. Alex Forsberg
17. Zachary Fucale
18. JT Compher
19. Nick Sorensen
20. Eric Roy

Being in a mindset of not tanking that badly, these 2 guys are the ones I want in my team. Especially Curtis Lazar. The kid is so mature for his age and has tremendous work ethic.

I'm betting by next June, Jones & MacKinnon swap rankings.

Uwey is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 05:36 PM
  #47
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Don't wish for a lockout... It's been 2 weeks there's no hockey and i'm falling little by little in a deep deep deeeeep depression
I'm not wishing but realistically, there will be lockout...just don't know how long.

SOLR is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 05:38 PM
  #48
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
I'm betting by next June, Jones & MacKinnon swap rankings.
It's very possible. But we have to be careful with him. Remember how Erik Johnson was considered the next big thing at defence? He completely dominated for the USDP. But it's still a whole year from now so there's going to be a lot of changes, and surprises. An unknown kid like Huberdeau and Teravainen could rise progressively in the rankings without being even mentionned in the early mocks.

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 05:47 PM
  #49
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
It's very possible. But we have to be careful with him. Remember how Erik Johnson was considered the next big thing at defence? He completely dominated for the USDP. But it's still a whole year from now so there's going to be a lot of changes, and surprises. An unknown kid like Huberdeau and Teravainen could rise progressively in the rankings without being even mentionned in the early mocks.
It will be interesting to watch how guys like Valeri Nichushkin will rank.

SOLR is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 05:55 PM
  #50
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
OK, how about he was picked in last years Q draft second only to Nathan McKinnon!!!!

Trump that one.
Dillon Fournier and Olivier Archambault were both drafted first overall in the Q draft. Trumped? I think so.

Fozz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.