Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Iggy

Old
05-17-2012, 06:00 PM
redmile

vCash: 500
respect for iggy

lets for a moment take out "fan of iggy" or whatever you want to call it and look at just fact and trends.

For the last 11 years Iggy has played at least 70 games with the last 7 years of his career playing 82 games 6 time, and this is towards his so called tail end of his career cause he is old, as someone said before, aside from a big injury trend suggest he can and still be able to perform yet another 82 game season, he will be 35 for next season, he isn't that different compared to 2 or 3 years ago, it will show in 2 to 3 years from now, but between now and then, there just isn't going to be any difference in his performance.

now looking at the 11 years, he has pot 30 or more goals as someone suggested, some years more than others, his goals come from his one timers, its about knowing where to be and when to be there, age isn't going to hinder that part of his game, to suddenly suggest or believe that iggy will drop off from his average of 38 goals a year for the last 11 years is just not educated prediction, I would believe it when I see a sample of numbers suggesting it, but an educated guess at this point for the next 2 seasons has iggy potting at least 30 goals.

redmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:06 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmile View Post
lets for a moment take out "fan of iggy" or whatever you want to call it and look at just fact and trends.

For the last 11 years Iggy has played at least 70 games with the last 7 years of his career playing 82 games 6 time, and this is towards his so called tail end of his career cause he is old, as someone said before, aside from a big injury trend suggest he can and still be able to perform yet another 82 game season, he will be 35 for next season, he isn't that different compared to 2 or 3 years ago, it will show in 2 to 3 years from now, but between now and then, there just isn't going to be any difference in his performance.

now looking at the 11 years, he has pot 30 or more goals as someone suggested, some years more than others, his goals come from his one timers, its about knowing where to be and when to be there, age isn't going to hinder that part of his game, to suddenly suggest or believe that iggy will drop off from his average of 38 goals a year for the last 11 years is just not educated prediction, I would believe it when I see a sample of numbers suggesting it, but an educated guess at this point for the next 2 seasons has iggy potting at least 30 goals.
I don't even have to show the numbers and run the math to know Iggy is still an elite player, regardless of what others believe. I'm a numbers guy for sure, so if someone is going to make claims without factual support, they better be prepared to be scrutinized. In the situation where Iggy drops to 20 goals and 40 pts, then I'll run the numbers to defend Iggy's ability or value. But as of now, the facts are clear.... the guy is still carrying this team. And that's not including his pretty good semi-tangible stats, such as hitting, face-offs and fights

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
I think Iggy can still hit 30 for 3 more years, but he can't do it on his own anymore. If he plays with talent, he will still be considered a premier forward in the NHL. And thats not a knock on him either, most top players in the NHL need help to put up big numbers. There's currently only a handful of players in the NHL that can do it by themselves, and its always been that way.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Thing is though, Iginla won't be traded in a situation where a team doesn't overpay, making your requirement of "fair" moot.
Completely agree. Calgary won't part with iggy in the first place, if they do, it'll be for a gross overpayment.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Northern Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Completely agree. Calgary won't part with iggy in the first place, if they do, it'll be for a gross overpayment.
Exactly. What CGY fans think would be fair, other teams won't agree to it. This is a topic that's always brought up.

- everyone also talks about how he's on the decline....yet still hammers 30+ (without a supporting cast)

- everyone also talks about how flames would want overpayment and ONLY overpayment....makes sense to me, I'm of the same opinion. You don't give up your franchise player for anything less, period!

The weak return for the B's in the Ray Bourque trade was brought up earlier. I agree he didn't net a great return at all. It also didn't help Boston much when it happened. That should be a nice little example for Feaster to remember if he were to ever trade Iggy, don't settle for scraps if there aren't fantastic offers in front of you.

Bottom line, if the return isn't a monster return....it doesn't happen!

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:29 PM
BarneyRoss

I am hearing the NYR are willing to give up a lot - including Feaster's demand for guys NHL ready and young - mostly i'm hearing Dubinsky would be the main component with next years 1st rounder, another pick and Christian Thomas. Take it for what it's worth but the talks are heating up.

BarneyRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:33 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyRoss View Post
I am hearing the NYR are willing to give up a lot - including Feaster's demand for guys NHL ready and young - mostly i'm hearing Dubinsky would be the main component with next years 1st rounder, another pick and Christian Thomas. Take it for what it's worth but the talks are heating up.
Source?

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:36 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyRoss View Post
So,

Dubinsky, 1st, Thomas + a pick?

....its ok. Id want another prospect coming back instead of a pick.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
So,

Dubinsky, 1st, Thomas + a pick?

....its ok. Id want another prospect coming back instead of a pick.
I'd want Kreider. If anything, to cheese off the fans who say he's untouchable.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:37 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I'd want Kreider. If anything, to cheese off the fans who say he's untouchable.
I think if we get that offer we take it and run. But my belief is that is some fan, stirring up nonsense with no source.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Just keep in my mind that the trade have to make sense for both side. Fire away !

Start with your top prospect and your 1st.

Last edited by Skobel24: 06-23-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:21 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post

Start with your top prospect and your 1st.
Good god, I'd trade Iginla for Hamilton and a 1st in a heartbeat. I'd be sad for a while afterward, but that sweet, sweet first pairing defenceman would soak up all of the tears fairly readily.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Good god, I'd trade Iginla for Hamilton and a 1st in a heartbeat. I'd be sad for a while afterward, but that sweet, sweet first pairing defenceman would soak up all of the tears fairly readily.
...until we trade him for Stajan, Hagman, White, and Mayars... right?

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:33 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
...until we trade him for Stajan, Hagman, White, and Mayars... right?
Damn it, Skobel. That memory had almost faded away until you mentioned it again.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:51 PM
ubercanucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Bruins fan, here...

Let's speculate that the Flames are ready to trade Iggy, what would be a fair trade proposal. Just keep in my mind that the trade have to make sense for both side. Fire away !
Canucks fan here, and while i realize Feaster likes this job too much to trade Iggy and have a nieuwendyk situation, I think the canucks could use him.

Vancouver gives up:
Cory Schneider

Calgary gives up:
Jarome Iginla
1st 2013
2nd 2013

The thinking here is having a goaltender to help after Kiprusoff will help assauge the fanbase, and that Feaster will realize the likelyhood of getting anyone near this good with the picks he is expecting (bottom half minimum) to the point they can give Iginla.

The thinking for Vancouver is you keep Luongo to split time with Lack for a year or two then deal him to a team that needs capspace. The picks will help replenish their prospects, and they could package these and their first for a top five next year. Iginla brings the skill and toughness Van City covets, and would be a great power forward with the Sedins.

ubercanucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1440
^

No.

I would explain it to you, but I couldn't understand it for you.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:11 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
That's really, really funny. After that chuckle I felt a hint of pity.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercanucksfan View Post
Canucks fan here, and while i realize Feaster likes this job too much to trade Iggy and have a nieuwendyk situation, I think the canucks could use him.

Vancouver gives up:
Cory Schneider

Calgary gives up:
Jarome Iginla
1st 2013
2nd 2013

The thinking here is having a goaltender to help after Kiprusoff will help assauge the fanbase, and that Feaster will realize the likelyhood of getting anyone near this good with the picks he is expecting (bottom half minimum) to the point they can give Iginla.

The thinking for Vancouver is you keep Luongo to split time with Lack for a year or two then deal him to a team that needs capspace. The picks will help replenish their prospects, and they could package these and their first for a top five next year. Iginla brings the skill and toughness Van City covets, and would be a great power forward with the Sedins.
You cannot possibly be serious.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:25 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:

Vancouver gives up:
Cory Schneider

Calgary gives up:
Jarome Iginla
1st 2013
2nd 2013

Such a big pass it isn't even funny.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:

Vancouver gives up:
Cory Schneider

Calgary gives up:
Jarome Iginla
1st 2013
2nd 2013

You should post that in the trade rumour forum and see how people react. You would probably be the talk of the forum.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:12 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:

Vancouver gives up:
Cory Schneider

Calgary gives up:
Jarome Iginla
1st 2013
2nd 2013

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:22 PM
TheJudge

Quote:

Vancouver gives up:
Cory Schneider

Calgary gives up:
Jarome Iginla
1st 2013
2nd 2013

TheJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:

Vancouver gives up:
Cory Schneider

Calgary gives up:
Jarome Iginla
1st 2013
2nd 2013

How about Daniel Sedin and a 1st for Kipper?

We really dont care if you need Kipper or not...we just want your two best assets.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Ynnek

vCash: 177
If something isn't done via free agency and trades soon I can see Iggy being gone by the end of the year. The message with this draft was we only plan on being competitive once Iggy and Kipper retire.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnek View Post
If something isn't done via free agency and trades soon I can see Iggy being gone by the end of the year. The message with this draft was we only plan on being competitive once Iggy and Kipper retire.
Yeah, I'm really uncertain with the strategy at this point of time. This draft is one that we won't see any type of merit for 4 yrs+.

I think this was the first step in a Calgary rebuild. I'm really, really, really hoping Calgary is either
A) In a playoff spot
B) So far out, that there's no limbo mode
@ the deadline.

then we can either be in the picture, or selling off.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote