HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rank our top 10 prospects

Old
06-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Scotianhab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Where do you guys think we'd fall into th organizational rankings ? top 10 ?
10-20 imo. Right now we still have no goalie depth.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:55 PM
odishabs

1. Alex Galchenyuk - C
2. Jared Tinordi - D
3. Nathan Beaulieu - D
4. Louis LeBlanc - W
5. Brendan Gallagher - RW
6. Morgan Ellis - D
7. Sebastian Collberg - RW
8. Michael Bournival - C
9. Dalton Thrower - D
10. Danny Kristo - RW

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

1.Galchenyuk
2.Tinordi
3.Leblanc
4.Gallagher
5.Beaulieu
6.Collberg
7.Ellis
8.Kristo
9.Bournival
10.Thrower

HM: Bozon,Holland,Dietz

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
10-20 imo. Right now we still have no goalie depth.
True. still an upgrade from the 25th (or something like that)

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
How does Collberg rank above Beaulieu?
I wouldn't anyone but Galchenyuk over Beaulieu until I see differently, as I think Beaulieu still has the 2nd highest upside of any Hab prospect as of today. But it's not uncomon to see fans get excited for the new kids on the block, so it's to be expected. If Collberg ends up being a better prospect then guys like Beaulieu/Tinordi etc... then that's just great for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Beaulieu didn't have a great year of development whether this board wants to admit it or not. He's looking alot more like a 2nd tier offensive dman, and that's only if he refines his defensive game and improves his decision making.
I was impressed with Beaulieu in the couple times I saw him this season, except for the wjc's I'd say his development this year was very good. I don't know why this board needs to admit otherwise, everything I've heard from contacts seems to suggest the same although for me I get my best read on the prospects when they are in Hamilton so we'll see how he does next year. Personally not sure why he's looking more like a 2nd tier offensive D, as he seems to have impressive offensive tools from what i've seen, I just worry about the mental lazyness in his own end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
I know I am in the minority here .. but I would think hard about putting Gallagher ahead of Collberg.

Gallagher will be a top 6 player in the NHL.
I don't think it should be the minority, as it should be close as Gallagher brings jam along with the offense so you get the feeling that even if he doesn't make it in the top 6 that he could still be useful in another role. Of course we'll have to see how he adjusts to the AHL as it's tough to judge how any kid is going to respond when moving from juniors to pros. With Collberg it sounds like he's got the speed and shot along with putting up some numbers at the international tournaments which usually gets you noticed when you do in terms of the fans. Will be interesting to see how both develop over the next couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
In terms of hunches (even less informed than opinions), I am not thrilled with Beaulieu. I think it was whitesnake who at one time, at least, mentioned Hainsey. I get the same association. Objectively, a very impressive package, but something just missing that separates really good hockey players from players with good or even superior hockey attributes.
I've made the Hainsey comparison around, not to suggest that he will be on the level of Hainsey but that his mental laspes in his own end remind me of Hainsey who made the same lazy mistakes (imo). I think Beaulieu has higher upside but I also think he needs to work on that as I'm sure coaches will give him some room if he's putting up points but at the same time if he's going to be a top pairing D you can't have him making simple mistakes in his own his end consistently.

Where I think Beaulieu is further ahead of Hainsey when he was in AHL at least, is Beaulieu has an impressive mix of physical abilities and impressive offensive skills. Not that Hainsey didn't have both of those, just that I think and hope that Beaulieu's is even higher as he moves so well and really seems to have the offensive instincts that should serve him well going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
But does Beaulieu actually struggle to skate backwards?
I think he could stand to improve on hid backward skating but i don't think it will hinder him at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I have seen Ellis play for 25 games this season, he has been better then Gormley, and Gormley has been good. He can do everything very well. Habs fans dont know yet how good this guy will be. Cant wait for next training camp.
I have only seen Ellis a couple times but at this point I wouldn't have him over Beaulieu or Tinordi. I felt both were more impressive at the Memorial Cup and while we'll see how all 3 translate to the pros next season, I wouldn't rank Ellis higher until I see how his skating/mobility effects him at the next level. Either way though the Habs are loaded with impressive D prospects with these 3 plus they have Bennett/Thrower/Dietz/etc...

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:33 PM
SOLR

At this point. (Groups are there for a reason)

1) Galchenyuk
2) Gallagher

3)Tinordi
4)Leblanc
5)Beaulieu
6)Collberg

7)Kristo
8)Ellis

9) Thrower
10) Bozon
11) Bournival
12) Holland
13) Pateryn

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
People underrate Leblanc WAAAAAAAYY too much.

Personally I think he's overrated, third liner at best!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:45 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
We should really tank again, it feels good!
Actually, it is far better to have one horrible year every 7 years than barely make or just miss the playoffs those 7years.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:49 PM
TennisMenace

As far as Louie goes, I don't think he was made to be a 3rd liner. So, he is going to have to man up this year(get stronger) and make that 2nd line. Otherwise, he is not helping us on lines 3 or 4.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Takashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
1. Alex Galchenyuk - C
2. Jared Tinordi - D
3. Nathan Beaulieu - D
4. Louis LeBlanc - W
6. Morgan Ellis - D
8. Michael Bournival - C
9. Dalton Thrower - D
10. Danny Kristo - RW
How the ******* is kristo behind bournival? and thrower ?
Collberg, dunno.

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Fatguy266

1. Galchenyuk
2. Beaulieu
3. Tinordi
4. Gallagher
5. Collberg
6. Kristo
7. Ellis
8. Bournival
9. Thrower
10. Nygren (Enjoyed watching him a few times this season, probably put him too high but I like him)
Bozon/Holland/Steve Quailer Were pretty close. Decided not to include Leblanc, if he was included he would be number 6.

Fatguy266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:05 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Leblanc SHOULD be back in the AHL next season. Especially if the Habs are serious about development.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Leblanc SHOULD be back in the AHL next season. Especially if the Habs are serious about development.
Can't say that until we see how he fairs in training camp. A full summer of training might do wonders for him.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:29 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Can't say that until we see how he fairs in training camp. A full summer of training might do wonders for him.
Isnt going to help develop offensive confidence.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:32 PM
BigM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
1. Alex Galchenyuk - C
2. Jared Tinordi - D
3. Nathan Beaulieu - D
4. Louis LeBlanc - W
6. Morgan Ellis - D
8. Michael Bournival - C
9. Dalton Thrower - D
10. Danny Kristo - RW
Just wondering if we have any decent left wingers coming up ... on the Habs we have MaxPac and not much after that.

BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Fatguy266

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM View Post
Just wondering if we have any decent left wingers coming up ... on the Habs we have MaxPac and not much after that.
I think Bozon is a LWinger, also Erik Nyström.

Fatguy266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:41 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Why don't you let him decide? Like Max Pacioretty.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Isnt going to help develop offensive confidence.
Plenty O' that already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8dNsAt5Wok

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Why don't you let him decide? Like Max Pacioretty.

Honestly I also think that people underestimate Leblanc a lot. His style is very gritty, he cannot do it in the NHL yet until he gets stronger. Give him 1-2 years to beef up, and he's going to be a very useful player for us. The thing about Leblanc is that he's not flashy, but somehow he manages to get points. He might end up on a third line if some other more pure offensive prospect pass him, but he will be on an offensively producing 3rd line, and that can make a difference between an average team and a cup contender.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:41 PM
ChoseLa

Palushaj should make the top 10 even though he wasn't good in the NHL.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I'd say the opposite, although I really hated how the Habs handled him this year. The kid has put up numbers on every team he's played on except the NHL. They should have left him in the AHL for a full year like they did with Subban but hopefully that's corrected going forward as I don't want to see the same mistakes with our more recent draft picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
As far as Louie goes, I don't think he was made to be a 3rd liner. So, he is going to have to man up this year(get stronger) and make that 2nd line. Otherwise, he is not helping us on lines 3 or 4.
I don't see why as he plays a solid two way game and has a high compete level so I think once he gets stronger he'll be able to be a good 3rd liner as he thinks the game so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM View Post
Perhaps Bournival ends up on the wing instead of center. Holland can play LW as well, I wouldn't be surprised if Kristo saw time at LW if RW is full in Hamilton in 2 years. Quailer played LW this year, he's tall at 6'4 and has decent hands but is not overly physical for someone with his frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Palushaj should make the top 10 even though he wasn't good in the NHL.
He wouldn't be in my top 10 if I considered him a prospect.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:03 AM
Drunk World Order

Montreal gots a great future!

1. Alex Galchenyuk - C
2. Jared Tinordi - D
3. Nathan Beaulieu - D
4. Louis LeBlanc - C/ RW
6. Morgan Ellis - D
8. Kristo Danny - RW
9. Dalton Thrower - D
10. Dietz Darren- D / Bournival Micheal - C

Drunk World Order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Drunk World Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
He has 2nd to 3rd line potential...He needs to get stronger and add muscle...I think he should start in Hamilton playing 25 minutes a game in all situations! ...Unless there gonna give him more then 10 mins a game in Montreal send him down and let him continue to develop!

Drunk World Order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

holy **** we're stacked.

Only thing missing is a goalie for the long term future.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:56 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I wouldn't anyone but Galchenyuk over Beaulieu until I see differently, as I think Beaulieu still has the 2nd highest upside of any Hab prospect as of today. But it's not uncomon to see fans get excited for the new kids on the block, so it's to be expected. If Collberg ends up being a better prospect then guys like Beaulieu/Tinordi etc... then that's just great for us.

I was impressed with Beaulieu in the couple times I saw him this season, except for the wjc's I'd say his development this year was very good. I don't know why this board needs to admit otherwise, everything I've heard from contacts seems to suggest the same although for me I get my best read on the prospects when they are in Hamilton so we'll see how he does next year. Personally not sure why he's looking more like a 2nd tier offensive D, as he seems to have impressive offensive tools from what i've seen, I just worry about the mental lazyness in his own end.

I've made the Hainsey comparison around, not to suggest that he will be on the level of Hainsey but that his mental laspes in his own end remind me of Hainsey who made the same lazy mistakes (imo). I think Beaulieu has higher upside but I also think he needs to work on that as I'm sure coaches will give him some room if he's putting up points but at the same time if he's going to be a top pairing D you can't have him making simple mistakes in his own his end consistently.

Where I think Beaulieu is further ahead of Hainsey when he was in AHL at least, is Beaulieu has an impressive mix of physical abilities and impressive offensive skills. Not that Hainsey didn't have both of those, just that I think and hope that Beaulieu's is even higher as he moves so well and really seems to have the offensive instincts that should serve him well going forward.

I think he could stand to improve on hid backward skating but i don't think it will hinder him at this point.

I have only seen Ellis a couple times but at this point I wouldn't have him over Beaulieu or Tinordi. I felt both were more impressive at the Memorial Cup and while we'll see how all 3 translate to the pros next season, I wouldn't rank Ellis higher until I see how his skating/mobility effects him at the next level. Either way though the Habs are loaded with impressive D prospects with these 3 plus they have Bennett/Thrower/Dietz/etc...

Have watched Beaulieu play 25+ games per season since he broke into the Q, including this season. I also don't understand the criticisms here - hasn't developed well, can't skate backwards, lazy, mental lapses, etc... All I can say us that most of this is just plain wrong, in particular the lazy tag. I really think most of this stuff comes from that one game in the WJC where it appeared he quit on a play that led to a goal. While he explained afterwards that he he thought the play had been blown dead, I guess a number of upset fans didn't believe him and have run with this. I don't feel I can change the minds of the doubters, but I don't have to. I've seen enough of him to confidently rate him our #2 prospect behind Galchenyuk. Funny, my biggest concern for Nathan is off-ice, and hope that he and the other highly-touted youngsters we have will get the guidance they need to stay focussed in a city like Montreal.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote