HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Watch any classic wrestling (as in non-current) lately?

Old
06-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Ball1374

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
Edge & Mysterio vs. Benoit & Angle - ****3/4
This, quite possibly, is the best tag team match I ever saw. Holy ****. I wish WWE put out tag team matches like this and gave it the time it got as well. This match was phenomenal. All four guys in the match were at the top of their game and there were tons of great spots. All four men were equally involved and told a really nice story. The finish with Angle and Edge reversing ankle locks was magnificent. Just a tremendous tag team match and to my best recollection, this is the best tag team match I have ever seen.
Speaking of great tag team matches, I found this gem yesterday. Awesome, awesome match that told a great story. Phenomenal!

Ball1374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:25 PM
canucksfan

Quote:
I watched Triple H vs. Cactus Jack inside Hell in a Cell and Edge/Mysterio vs. Benoit/Angle from No Mercy 2002.

Triple H vs. Cactus Jack - ****1/4
This entire program really solidified Triple H in that top position. This was a great Hell in a Cell match which featured an innovative spot to get out of the Hell in a Cell after the door had all those padlocks all over them. It all flowed pretty well and Foley once again bumping like a mad man, falling off the Cell through the announce table and a back body drop through the Cell roof and through the ring. Both men were awesome in this match.

Edge & Mysterio vs. Benoit & Angle - ****3/4
This, quite possibly, is the best tag team match I ever saw. Holy ****. I wish WWE put out tag team matches like this and gave it the time it got as well. This match was phenomenal. All four guys in the match were at the top of their game and there were tons of great spots. All four men were equally involved and told a really nice story. The finish with Angle and Edge reversing ankle locks was magnificent. Just a tremendous tag team match and to my best recollection, this is the best tag team match I have ever seen.
Watched the HHH/Cactus Jack match. Mick Foley is nuts. You couldn't pay me any amount of money to do some of the stuff he did.

canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:01 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball1374 View Post
Speaking of great tag team matches, I found this gem yesterday. Awesome, awesome match that told a great story. Phenomenal!

Before I watched the Edge/Mysterio vs. Benoit/Angle match, the best tag team match I ever saw before that was Sting/Steamboat vs. Austin/Flair which I got to see on Austin's recent DVD. That one was another awesome tag team match which I'd give a ****1/4, but the Edge/Mysterio vs. Benoit/Angle match is without a doubt the best tag match I've seen. Just unbelievable action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Watched the HHH/Cactus Jack match. Mick Foley is nuts. You couldn't pay me any amount of money to do some of the stuff he did.
The fall off the side of the Cell through the announce table? I'd probably do that. The back body drop through the Cell roof and through the ring? I wouldn't do it. That's just crazy.

If I was watching the match live, I'd also be worried for Triple H and Foley if the part of the Cell roof in the corner had caved in and collapsed. Triple H and/or Foley would've both fallen through and down onto the floor if it caved in, which it was close to doing.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:46 AM
canucksfan

Quote:
The fall off the side of the Cell through the announce table? I'd probably do that. The back body drop through the Cell roof and through the ring? I wouldn't do it. That's just crazy.

If I was watching the match live, I'd also be worried for Triple H and Foley if the part of the Cell roof in the corner had caved in and collapsed. Triple H and/or Foley would've both fallen through and down onto the floor if it caved in, which it was close to doing.
The announce table I could do. However, the drop through the cell I couldn't do that at all.

Speaking of nuts, I watched this for the first time. Too much crazy for my liking.

canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:27 AM
M.C.G. 31

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart - WrestleMania 13 (*****)
-My favorite match of all time from two of my favorite wrestlers of all time. Everything about it is top notch, and I don't think WWE will ever be able to pull off a double turn as successful as this one. Epic stuff.

Old
06-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:
-My favorite match of all time from two of my favorite wrestlers of all time. Everything about it is top notch, and I don't think WWE will ever be able to pull off a double turn as successful as this one. Epic stuff.
Have this on VHS still. Absolutely love it.

Topshelf8188 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Watched this the other day, in it's entirety. Halloween Havoc 1998.

The story behind how the main event to this PPV happened is quite fascinating, to say the least.

When Goldberg went for the spear in the corner, DDP actually had to get out of the way because he knew Goldberg was coming at him full-force. After when they set up the spear in the middle of the ring, watch closely. You'll see the first person to hit the mat is Goldberg himself. His head bounces off the mat and from that point on, he's wrestling half-consciously aware.

DDP hits him with the Diamond Cutter to set up the false finish, but Goldberg kicks out at exactly 2, instead of dragging it out for a 2 and 9/10th count (due to the fact that he's knocked out at this point).

After the match, DDP went to confront Goldberg. Goldberg explained to him what had happened and DDP dropped it all and gave him a hug. I may not have liked Goldberg much, but huge props to him for sticking it out and finishing the match, despite being technically knocked out.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:45 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Quote:
Loved that match. I don't think WWE knew at that time what just happened but bless their hearts it did..

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:36 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Currently watching the 09/19/92 episode of WCW Saturday Night.

Speaking of WCW in 92, does anyone else LOVE the opening theme? So old school, I love it.

Starts at approximately 30 seconds.

I was more partial to the WWF Superstars of Wrestling theme

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:47 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

or all of the WWF/E intros

Old
06-24-2012, 10:22 PM
M.C.G. 31

Triple H vs Stone Cold Steve Austin - 3 Stages of Hell (*****)
-Another ****ing awesome match. Just balls to the wall action in a brutal, brutal match. While the angle became botched from the beginning with Rikishi "doing it for The Rock" to Rikishi working for Triple H, at least we got this match out of it. This was great stuff. They meshed well together. Who would've thought that after this match, Austin and HHH would've formed the Two Man Power Trip just a few months later?

Old
06-25-2012, 09:57 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
You gotta a problem with Rusty Brooks?

ESPN Classic has old AWA programs on late at night that if I stumble across I'll watch for nostalgia sake.
Rusty Brooks sighting on ESPN Classic right now, along with that jabroni B. Brian Blair.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:03 AM
M.C.G. 31

First Ever Elimination Chamber Match; World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H (c) vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Kane vs. Chris Jericho vs. Booker T vs. Shawn Michaels

On viewing this again after such a long time, I wasn't as into it as I remember I was. Maybe because this was the first Chamber match ever and at the time, the spots in the match were pretty brutal, but as the years have gone by and we've had more matches, we've seen crazier things inside the chamber.

That doesn't mean I didn't really enjoy the match. I still was entertained by the match. Say what you will about Triple H, but he's got balls. The guy bleeds in the first two minutes of the match and gets his larynx crushed and finishes the match.

I liked that pretty much everyone had the opportunity to shine in this match. Rob Van Dam pretty much dominated Triple H for the first five minutes until Jericho's pod opened. Momentum slowly swung to Jericho, then Booker T when he came in, then Kane cleaned house and when it was down to Jericho, HHH and HBK, there were some nice sequences in there.

I'd put this in my top five chamber list, but I don't think it makes my top 3.

Match Rating: ***3/4

I think I'm going to end up buying/downloading a bunch of matches from 2000-2004 (more than what I already have) and just watching these this summer when I'm at home and bored.

Last edited by M.C.G. 31: 06-26-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old
07-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Currently watching In Your House 6: Rage In The Cage. Just got through Jake Roberts vs Tatanka, which was on the pre-show.

Jake was in AWFUL shape.

07-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Oil Dude

Going through my WrestleMania box set and something irked me almost right away. Why would they not use the actual theme song for Demolition?

Could have been the best theme song of all time but for whatever reason it was changed. Anyone know why?

Oil Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Dude View Post
Going through my WrestleMania box set and something irked me almost right away. Why would they not use the actual theme song for Demolition?

Could have been the best theme song of all time but for whatever reason it was changed. Anyone know why?
I think its due to copyrights.

They did the same thing for Wendi Richter in WM1.

She came out with Cyndi Lauper and "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" not the generic music that you hear on the DVD.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:28 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Joel Gertner promos.

NSFW
Always a good time.

I watched Angle V Benoit Royal Rumble 2003. Maybe the best pure wrestling match ever. Tazz even marks out during it. I love watching old Jake the Snake videos. Was obsessed with him as a kid.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Ozz

Quote:

It still is!

Last edited by Ozz: 07-17-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Oil Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
I think its due to copyrights.

They did the same thing for Wendi Richter in WM1.

She came out with Cyndi Lauper and "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" not the generic music that you hear on the DVD.
Yeah there were quite a few that didn't have the same intro , too bad they couldn't clear that up and the bleeping out of the F in WWF was a little annoying as well as the blurring out of belts , fan signs , turn buckles and the ring took away from some of the experience.

This box set brought back some good memories though. WM3 classic with Steamboat/Savage still stands the test of time , and Benoit/HHH/HBK was the best three way match I had ever seen until Joe/AJ/Daniels set a new standard for me.

Tag team wrestling has sure dropped off a lot since the hey day of the 80's though. Too bad.

Oil Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:

Yeah, that's why I prefer my old Wrestlemania VHS copies over the DVD's.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Yeah there were quite a few that didn't have the same intro , too bad they couldn't clear that up and the bleeping out of the F in WWF was a little annoying as well as the blurring out of belts , fan signs , turn buckles and the ring took away from some of the experience.

This box set brought back some good memories though. WM3 classic with Steamboat/Savage still stands the test of time , and Benoit/HHH/HBK was the best three way match I had ever seen until Joe/AJ/Daniels set a new standard for me.

Tag team wrestling has sure dropped off a lot since the hey day of the 80's though. Too bad.

This reminded me.

Steamboat's entrance theme at WM3 was "Sirius" by Allan Parson's Project otherwise known as the Chicago Bull's intro theme.

Sirius was replaced on the DVD as well.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Dynamite Kid matches.

Sadly, his final match is on yt where is isnt on the gas and is a embarrassment. I really hope he got every dime he was promised for showing up like that.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 12:24 AM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Dynamite Kid matches.

Sadly, his final match is on yt where is isnt on the gas and is a embarrassment. I really hope he got every dime he was promised for showing up like that.

he starts walking to the ring at 3:06

Old
07-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Behn Wilson

Holy Cow on how bad Dynamite Kid looked there. Just read up on him, didnt know he was still wrestling when he was that bad off, no wonder he ended up crippled.

Behn Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Canadienjet

Watched the Best of Nitro.Sting vs DDP from April 26th,1999 one of my favorite matches growing up.

Canadienjet is offline   Reply With Quote