HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Bobby Ryan Talk - Bobb(y)ing for Ryan Part III

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
To PHI he will go IMO.
Not without Schenn + or Couturier + going back the other way.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Great Leaf fans don't stop. It's gone from Schenn + Kadri and now its going to be Gunnarsson + Kadri. NO!
Is Yakupov available from the Ducks? I think Ryan iss being undervalued with bits and pieces from other squads. Someone's going to have to step up if they really wish to acquire him.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
The player's value has decreased because of his previous season and the fact that he has publicly stated he wants out.
What are you talking about? You're a Flyers fan and you don't know why the Leafs aren't offering Schenn anymore?

Old
06-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Stepan+
Coturier+

Catching a theme here?

Old
06-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
No it hasn't.

I'll be fine with keeping him. He won't have a problem staying.

Of course it has. If the Ducks don't want to trade him, that's fine. But it's ridiculous to say that Ryan's trade value has not decreased in a season where his production dropped off and he expressed discontent with his role and his future in the organization.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Of course it has. If the Ducks don't want to trade him, that's fine. But it's ridiculous to say that Ryan's trade value has not decreased in a season where his production dropped off and he expressed discontent with his role and his future in the organization.
Thats fine. Then we will keep him.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
The only thing that dropped off was his assist total. That could be attributed to the team, as a whole, playing terribly...as well as, him playing with 3rd liners a good deal of the time. His goal total still eclipsed 30, which means he is still the same ole Bobby Ryan that you saw before.

Also, the rant he went on was in reaction to having his name brought up in trade rumours again and not his displeasure with playing for the Ducks. If the Ducks assure him that he's wanted, he's a happy camper.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
What are you talking about? You're a Flyers fan and you don't know why the Leafs aren't offering Schenn anymore?
Sure, misinterpret my post to make the least amount of sense possible and then act like I said something confusing. That will lead to good discussion.

The Leafs could easily offer a package as good as Schenn + Kadri with the players still left in their system, such as Gardiner and Colborne. Don't count on it, though.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Sure, misinterpret my post to make the least amount of sense possible and then act like I said something confusing. That will lead to good discussion.

The Leafs could easily offer a package as good as Schenn + Kadri with the players still left in their system, such as Gardiner and Colborne. Don't count on it, though.
I'd be surprised if the Ducks would go for a Gardiner/Colborne trade...in fact, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even consider it. At least not at this point in time. It wouldn't make them a better team right now, which is one thing Murray would be looking for.

Last edited by Crazy8oooo: 06-23-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old
06-23-2012, 11:40 PM
airforceones25

Quote:

Gardiner and Colborne is not getting Ryan..

Gardiner is ****ing overrated. Just like the ****** players being tossed around in this thread. Offer something of significance or offer nothing at all. Ryan is not going out for free. End of story

Old
06-23-2012, 11:41 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Ryan's value has decreased...until you realize that there are multiple bidders. Bidders that will try to beat the other by upping their offer. Ultimately, while Ryan's value to the Ducks may have decreased, his value to the suitors hasn't, and those suitors won't be able to get Ryan at his "lower value" because another suitor will outbid, and the Ducks will take the highest offer at that point.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
"Great Leaf fans don't stop. It's gone from Schenn + Kadri and now its going to be Gunnarsson + Kadri."

"The player's value has decreased because of his previous season and the fact that he has publicly stated he wants out."

He didn't say anything about decreasing in value.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Dark Knight
ScorchedEarthRebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeLoBlue View Post
We're not getting Bobby Ryan for that package. Would you trade Kessel for that?
No because I think Kessel is better as a scorer and a playmaker. I don't want this to become a Ryan vs Kessel thread, but I'd expect more for Kessel.

Values decrease based on how situations are handled. Ryan didn't do the Ducks a favor lashing out at them. Murray didn't do the Ducks a favor by not shopping him quietly.

I think its a mistake for the Ducks to trade him, period, but I imagine the only guy who seemed like a logical fit from the Flyers was Brayden Schenn, but I doubt they trade him after just acquiring his brother.

Sean Couturier wont be a great package for Anaheim. I think they need a prospect with a higher ceiling than him. Flyers aren't stacked with prospects either and if they trade Couturier they'd have to include him with a guy like Voracek which might not be the smartest move for them.

06-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Actually he said he loved playing under Boudreau and it helped him get his head straight. He also said he just wanted to play somewhere where he wasn't always the first guy on the trade block. Neither of those statements precludes him from playing in Anaheim.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:49 PM
thepootamis

Boston will offer Krejci/Marchand,Spooner,Caron,and a draft pick

Old
06-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Elever
Hth

To whoever suggested Lion O'Reilly + Landeskog <--> Ryan

I'd rather have Landeskog than Ryan and Ryan does have more value than O'Reilly plus we could use a winger but Avs fans love O'Reilly cos he's the type of centre you win a cup with.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:50 PM
TNT8592

pavelski+ ?

Old
06-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
"Great Leaf fans don't stop. It's gone from Schenn + Kadri and now its going to be Gunnarsson + Kadri."

"The player's value has decreased because of his previous season and the fact that he has publicly stated he wants out."

He didn't say anything about decreasing in value.
Aren't you tedious. Schenn > Gunnarsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Actually he said he loved playing under Boudreau and it helped him get his head straight. He also said he just wanted to play somewhere where he wasn't always the first guy on the trade block. Neither of those statements precludes him from playing in Anaheim.
I didn't say he couldn't play in Anaheim ("If the Ducks don't want to trade him..."). I said that his trade value has decreased.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Drew Stafford

Derek Roy

Joel Armia

I think that's a pretty solid package. 50 point winger who's capable of more, 2nd line center, and a great prospect.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:13 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
No because I think Kessel is better as a scorer and a playmaker. I don't want this to become a Ryan vs Kessel thread, but I'd expect more for Kessel.

Values decrease based on how situations are handled. Ryan didn't do the Ducks a favor lashing out at them. Murray didn't do the Ducks a favor by not shopping him quietly.

I think its a mistake for the Ducks to trade him, period, but I imagine the only guy who seemed like a logical fit from the Flyers was Brayden Schenn, but I doubt they trade him after just acquiring his brother.

Sean Couturier wont be a great package for Anaheim. I think they need a prospect with a higher ceiling than him. Flyers aren't stacked with prospects either and if they trade Couturier they'd have to include him with a guy like Voracek which might not be the smartest move for them.
Couturier AND Voracek? How has Ryan's value gone UP after his comments?

Old
06-24-2012, 12:20 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
How did his 1st and 3rd season go?
Wasnt my point, Fowler had a sophmore slump just like MDZ did, after having a strong rookie season why should we not believe Fowler will have a strong 3rd season?

Old
06-24-2012, 12:32 AM
ayshplaysh

Voracek + is all the Flyers could give, and the + certainly isn't either of Couturier or Schenn.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:36 AM
Gibson Les Palms
Jinxes aren't real

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayshplaysh View Post
Voracek + is all the Flyers could give, and the + certainly isn't either of Couturier or Schenn.
TBH, I think there's almost no chance he'll be traded there. I actually doubt he'll be traded at all.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:40 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Aren't you tedious. Schenn > Gunnarsson
Are you just incapable of admitting that you misread what he meant? I'll break it down for you. He's saying that the cliched proposal of Schenn and Kadri has become Gunnarsson and Kadri, not because of a change in value, but because Schenn no longer plays for Toronto. Coming up next on Explaining the Obvious, Math: 'You don't have to use your fingers to add.'

Old
06-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Wasnt my point, Fowler had a sophmore slump just like MDZ did, after having a strong rookie season why should we not believe Fowler will have a strong 3rd season?
I understand your point. My return question would be, what's wrong with having two 50 point puck movers on the blueline? If anything thats a pretty solid base for a team.

Closed Thread