HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cap and free agency

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2012, 09:02 PM
  #1
BlueBaron
Registered User
 
BlueBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Cap and free agency

Just went to CapGeek and they already have our trades factored out. Leafs have $12,946,667 in cap space needing to sign

Kuleman (RFA)
Frattin (RFA)
Crabb (UFA)
Rosehill (UFA)

Franson (RFA)

Currently under contract is 11 forward, 5 D, and 1 goalie.

I think the only one above we let walk is Rosehill. I'm thinking we can sign everyone for under 6 mil. If so that would leave us a big chunk of change for either Luongo or a FA or even both if we send salery back to Vancouver or send Lombardi to the Marlies. I'm curious how much money people see the above going for and what we would do with the remaining space ? I don;t think there is anything at center available is there ? Maybe an elite penalty kill/leader type with size ?

BlueBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:06 PM
  #2
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,913
vCash: 50
Kuleman (RFA) 2.5 - 3
Frattin (RFA) 2
Crabb (UFA) 1.5
Rosehill (UFA) 1

Franson (RFA) 1.5 but I'm not convinced he will be with the leafs this coming season.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:53 PM
  #3
Kessely Snipes
Great White North
 
Kessely Snipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 500
We need to wait and see what happens via trade before we start crunching numbers. I have a feeling prices are going to be so high July 1st, that we don't do very much in terms of ufas.

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:59 PM
  #4
Brown Dog
Registered User
 
Brown Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
I'm usually a believer in being active in UFA--for the obvious reason that it allows you to acquire players for nothing more than money (not mine) and cap space.

But this seems like a good year not to get involved. It's a pretty thin crop, we aren't likely to improve significantly with one or two UFA additions, and after next season we'll have all kinds of contracts coming off the books to take a run at some of the more enticing free agents of the 2013 crop. Better off sitting on the sidelines this time around.

Brown Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:44 PM
  #5
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER
 
cup67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TORONTO
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
Kuleman (RFA) 2.5 - 3
Frattin (RFA) 2
Crabb (UFA) 1.5
Rosehill (UFA) 1

Franson (RFA) 1.5 but I'm not convinced he will be with the leafs this coming season.
kulimun is worth more than JVR, 4.25 MIL

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:49 PM
  #6
Calacatz
Pak-trick!
 
Calacatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
Kuleman (RFA) 2.5 - 3
Frattin (RFA) 2
Crabb (UFA) 1.5
Rosehill (UFA) 1

Franson (RFA) 1.5 but I'm not convinced he will be with the leafs this coming season.
LMFAO! Dude Rosehill 500k or hes prob not even gonna get an offer. Frattin 1 mil and he would cream. Crabb 800k

You are soo off man. Kuli will prob get 3 because of the off season. If I were Burke I would do a 3 yr/9mil

Calacatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:50 PM
  #7
Hero
The Corporal Returns
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessely Snipes View Post
We need to wait and see what happens via trade before we start crunching numbers. I have a feeling prices are going to be so high July 1st, that we don't do very much in terms of ufas.
Schultz, Suter, Parros/Prust, Gaustad

Lupul - ____ - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kulie
Kadri - Gaustad - Frattin
Brown - Steckle - Parros/Prust

Suter - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Schultz
Gunnarsson - Holzer

Drop....

Liles/Komisarek/Franson
Bozak/MacArthur/Connolly/Lombardi/Armstrong/Rosehill/Crabb

Liles, Franson, TyBo, MacA all have value though.

Boom!

Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:53 PM
  #8
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
You can go 10% over in the offseason, so no concerns. The only guys to target are Suter, Parise and Schultz.

FTR: Capgeek and hockeydb did a great job updating information quickly through the draft.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:10 AM
  #9
ALine
Registered User
 
ALine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 500
No way Parros gets signed with Orr still in the organization. Huge slap in the face to bring in another fighter, especially considering how much Burke respects Orr. Still one of the best HW in the league. I have a suspicion Carlyle will make use of him much more than Wilson ever did. Although Burke should target some good, big, energy guys (among other things)

I think it will be something like:
Kulimen - 5.5 million (2.75 X 2yr)
Frattin - 2.4 Million (1.2 X 2yr)
Crabb - 1 million (1 x 1yr) *one way, i think he has shown managment he dererves it
Rosehill - 800k NHL Salary, will be two way
Franson 4 million (2 X 2yr)

ALine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:12 PM
  #10
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White
 
Blaylock38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 789
vCash: 500
I do like how crabb played this season, is he a factor or do the leafs let him walk?

Blaylock38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:27 PM
  #11
Im Old Gregggg
Registered User
 
Im Old Gregggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kitchener, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,939
vCash: 500
Kuleman (RFA) 2.5m short term "prove yourself" contract, allows him to get a 4m contract if his offense rebounds
Frattin (RFA) 1.5m 3yr contract
Crabb (UFA) see ya
Rosehill (UFA) see ya

Franson (RFA) maybe sign him to a 1.75m 1yr, and prob trade sometime this season

Im Old Gregggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:43 PM
  #12
Dr Swag
Banned User
 
Dr Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: T.
Country: Canada
Posts: 789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
kulimun is worth more than JVR, 4.25 MIL
oh cup67 u so crazy

Dr Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:49 PM
  #13
Maximum Cheddar
Registered User
 
Maximum Cheddar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
No way Parros gets signed with Orr still in the organization. Huge slap in the face to bring in another fighter, especially considering how much Burke respects Orr. Still one of the best HW in the league. I have a suspicion Carlyle will make use of him much more than Wilson ever did. Although Burke should target some good, big, energy guys (among other things)

I think it will be something like:
Kulimen - 5.5 million (2.75 X 2yr)
Frattin - 2.4 Million (1.2 X 2yr)
Crabb - 1 million (1 x 1yr) *one way, i think he has shown managment he dererves it
Rosehill - 800k NHL Salary, will be two way
Franson 4 million (2 X 2yr)
Speaking of Orr I wonder if the new skating coach can get him back to the NHL. Everyone said the big knock against him was that he was to slow.

Maximum Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:52 PM
  #14
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
I'm usually a believer in being active in UFA--for the obvious reason that it allows you to acquire players for nothing more than money (not mine) and cap space.

But this seems like a good year not to get involved. It's a pretty thin crop, we aren't likely to improve significantly with one or two UFA additions, and after next season we'll have all kinds of contracts coming off the books to take a run at some of the more enticing free agents of the 2013 crop. Better off sitting on the sidelines this time around.
Sounds to me like someone gets why signing Beauchemin, Connolly, CMac, Connolly, Armstrong, Bozak and Komisarek all made sense as well as trading for Lombardi.

Capspace can't ever be carried forward from a previous year and the Leafs are a team that should always spend to the cap.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:01 PM
  #15
hullsy47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,876
vCash: 500
isnt shultz a free agent before jult 1st? just curious

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:01 PM
  #16
diceman934
Registered User
 
diceman934's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NHL player factory
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
No way Parros gets signed with Orr still in the organization. Huge slap in the face to bring in another fighter, especially considering how much Burke respects Orr. Still one of the best HW in the league. I have a suspicion Carlyle will make use of him much more than Wilson ever did. Although Burke should target some good, big, energy guys (among other things)

I think it will be something like:
Kulimen - 5.5 million (2.75 X 2yr)
Frattin - 2.4 Million (1.2 X 2yr)
Crabb - 1 million (1 x 1yr) *one way, i think he has shown managment he dererves it
Rosehill - 800k NHL Salary, will be two way
Franson 4 million (2 X 2yr)

I can not see Rosehill being resigned.

I like the other numbers.

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:05 PM
  #17
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle
 
Erza Scarlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Requiem
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
isnt shultz a free agent before jult 1st? just curious
we can negotiate, but we can't sign him.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.