HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brandon Gormley

Old
06-23-2012, 11:37 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Brandon Gormley

Assuming the Avs cannot pick up anyone of significance in Free-agency what would a blue-chip D prospect like Gormley cost?

I am not exactly fully aware of what Phoenix's needs are beyond center. I would guess that with the uncertainty of some of their forwards aging and being UFA's even a winger might be of use.

Just wondering really if Phoenix would be open to moving a prospect like that having it be such an organizational strength.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:41 PM
heathfilms*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Assuming the Avs cannot pick up anyone of significance in Free-agency what would a blue-chip D prospect like Gormley cost?

I am not exactly fully aware of what Phoenix's needs are beyond center. I would guess that with the uncertainty of some of their forwards aging and being UFA's even a winger might be of use.

Just wondering really if Phoenix would be open to moving a prospect like that having it be such an organizational strength.
well with rumors that yandle will be traded that makes gormley the next top 2 with OEL to get him you would have to overpayment because they love this kid

heathfilms* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:54 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathfilms View Post
well with rumors that yandle will be traded that makes gormley the next top 2 with OEL to get him you would have to overpayment because they love this kid
Gormley is a LH-D so with OEL also being a left hander I would guess Rundblad as a right handed guy would be part of the future.

Yeah if Yandle is moved fair enough.. But the rumor is they put him out there but quickly pulled back as well. Yandle would take a SERIOUS package and your probably going to find a hell of a lot less suitors for a Yandle type of package than for Gormley.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Zibanejad for Gormley

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:57 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

No.

If you want David Schlemko, we can talk about him. Absolutely zero reason for us to trade any other D.

Last edited by rt: 06-24-2012 at 12:05 AM.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Magnifique

vCash: 50
GMDM said it would take a special package to get Yandle. He turned down a 2nd line player and a 10 pick for Yandle today. Yandle is likely going to stay in Phoenix.

As far as Gormley, I really don't know. I would say that GMDM would absolutely move him for the right price, but I don't know what that would be.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:38 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
GMDM said it would take a special package to get Yandle. He turned down a 2nd line player and a 10 pick for Yandle today. Yandle is likely going to stay in Phoenix.

As far as Gormley, I really don't know. I would say that GMDM would absolutely move him for the right price, but I don't know what that would be.
I could see adding something small to even a proven young winger like Downie. As long as Phoenix likes his game and toughness. I would guess Phoenix would like offense and grit probably wouldn't hurt either.

The only prospect I could see PHX wanting out of Colorado would be Sgarbossa, a two-way center that led the OHL in scoring last year with 100+ points. Ive been told he thrives off of physical play but he needs to fill out some before he would be ready for the NHL.

Michael Sgarbossa,

"My opinion on him is that he's a guy who should fit into a Top Six as a 25-25 guy, with a lot of pest-like qualities to his game. He's a guy who creates a lot of inzone offense and has a very quality offensive game to him. My only concern for him translating his game is getting stronger. He feeds off physical play at times and to continue that, he'll need to bulk up."

~Brian Huddle~ (Hockeybuzz)

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 06-24-2012 at 12:46 AM.