HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2012 NHL Entry Draft | June 22-23, 2012 | 7:00 ET (NBCSN, TSN, NHL-Network)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2012, 04:35 PM
  #376
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,999
vCash: 500
Tanner Richard:
Quote:
"It's been my favorite team now for about 6 years. Lecavalier's probably been my [favorite] player for the same amount of time and Steve Yzerman was obviously a big idol growing up, so I'm really happy I got picked by Tampa."
Quote:
"I was fortunate enough to get to a game, my first nhl game. It was 6 years the year they won the cup, against the Islanders, so I got to watch the first round. It was pretty amazing."
Quote:
"It was the year right before the lockout when they won it. It was game 5, I remember against the Islanders when St. Louis scored in overtime to knock the Islanders out and I don't know but ever since then I kinda got captured by the enthusiasm of the fans and everything. It was great."
It wasn't 6 years ago, but it's awesome to have a fan who was created from the cup year to be drafted by us.

__________________
VL4ever
"It's still All In to me dammit." - Felonious Python

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 06-23-2012 at 04:41 PM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 05:01 PM
  #377
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Some stuff on your OHL picks.

I had Koekkoek rated 11th among OHL players for the draft (but expected him to go higher).

I had Blujus ranked 25th among OHL guys.

I had Jake Dotchin ranked 32nd.

And I had Tanner Richard as the 3rd best overager available from the O.

Here's what I wrote about them.

Another player who suffered a devastating season ending injury, as Koekkoek missed two thirds of the year with a severe shoulder separation. This obviously makes it hard to evaluate his draft season. It was especially hard for me because I loved what I had seen from Koekkoek in his 16 year old season, but the times I saw him early this year, he really left me wanting more. For a lot of teams, I'm sure this could be the case, so drafting him is going off of pure projection of where he COULD be in 5 years time and not necessarily where he is now. I've seen some scouts suggest Koekkoek doesn't possess a lot of potential. I'd HIGHLY disagree with that. For me, Koekkoek is one of those "sum of his parts" kind of guy who has everything going for him, just never at the same time. If he figures it out, he could be a two-way first pairing defenseman. The key to Koekkoek's game is his mobility. He's got great speed and acceleration, which he uses to be an effective puck rusher. He also uses this to avoid the forecheck and is great at making sure the puck gets out of his own end. He also has terrific backwards and lateral agility which he uses to stay with forwards off the rush, angling them off the puck. Koekkoek works the powerplay well and has a heavy shot which gives him strong goal scoring potential from the back end. Defensively, he can be physical at times, but needs to become more consistent in this area. He will also need to work on his coverage in the zone as he can tend to wander around a bit. In the times I saw him this year, he either looked good defensively, or offensively and never both. Finding that comfort zone in the middle will be key. As I said, loads of potential if you're willing to take the risk about him figuring it out.

Blujus had an excellent sophomore season with Brampton, emerging as one of their go to guys on the blueline. He's not a flashy guy, but quietly very effective. He makes an excellent first pass, makes quick decisions with the puck and does a very good job controlling the point on the powerplay. Defensively, he plays a simple game and does well within Brampton's strict defensive system. At 6'3, he's a very intriguing prospect because once he fills out and learns to use his size more, he could become not just a good defensive player, but a very good one. Especially since he seems to think the game really well and has a good head on his shoulders. The big red flag for me is his skating ability. He's definitely an awkward skater who needs to improve both his speed/acceleration forwards, but also his backwards and lateral mobility defensively. I'm always weary of offensive type defenseman who need skating work, because it hinders their offensive potential at the next level. Will his skating improve to the point that he can be an effective puck rusher at the NHL level? Will his mobility improve to the point that he can be an effective defender off the rush in the NHL? When I see Blujus play, I can't help but recall a former highly touted WHL prospect by the name of Eric Doyle (one of the highest ranked prospects to go undrafted from my memory), who had a similar build but similar problems as Blujus. Despite what the statline would tell you, I think he's very much a project, but a project worth gambling on at some point in the draft

Dotchin is a first year OHL defenseman who had an excellent season in the OHL. Owen Sound just keeps finding these diamonds in the rough who make big contributions to their club. Dotchin has a lot of things going for him. He's got great size on the back end (6'3, 200lbs) and loves to use it. He has a penchant for the open ice hit and makes it hard for forwards to gain access to the offensive zone. It seemed like his skating improved over the course of the season too, especially while defending backwards. His zone coverage I think is still a bit of a work in progress, as he can get caught running around a bit, but there's room to grow on a player still learning to play in this league. Offensively, he's surprisingly skilled with the puck. He can be effective as a puck rusher and uses his big body to protect the puck well. He also looked comfortable working the point on the powerplay. I think he oozes potential as a physical two-way defender. There's no doubt his coaching staff has confidence in him since they moved Petgrave and Schemitsch to Oshawa in order to give him more ice time.

In the games if Richard I did see, I came away quite impressed. The sample size was smaller because it seemed every time I saw Guelph, he was out of the lineup. But again, the couple times I did manage to catch him, he was good. He's definitely a very good playmaking center who's got a high hockey IQ. Keeps plays alive in the offensive end by keeping the play moving and is patient with the puck. Seems to be a hard worker away from the puck and a good forechecker, which obviously aids in his ability to set up plays for his linemates. The skating seemed pretty good too, as did his overall game and defensive play. The only issue I have is the durability one. But I'm sure there were a few teams out there who saw enough of him to form an opinion. He could definitely have potential as a 2B/3A kind of guy.

__________________
OHL Prospects Blog - http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/
OHL Prospects on Twitter - @BrockOtten
Brock is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 05:53 PM
  #378
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Some stuff on your OHL picks.

I had Koekkoek rated 11th among OHL players for the draft (but expected him to go higher).

I had Blujus ranked 25th among OHL guys.

I had Jake Dotchin ranked 32nd.

And I had Tanner Richard as the 3rd best overager available from the O.

Here's what I wrote about them.

Another player who suffered a devastating season ending injury, as Koekkoek missed two thirds of the year with a severe shoulder separation. This obviously makes it hard to evaluate his draft season. It was especially hard for me because I loved what I had seen from Koekkoek in his 16 year old season, but the times I saw him early this year, he really left me wanting more. For a lot of teams, I'm sure this could be the case, so drafting him is going off of pure projection of where he COULD be in 5 years time and not necessarily where he is now. I've seen some scouts suggest Koekkoek doesn't possess a lot of potential. I'd HIGHLY disagree with that. For me, Koekkoek is one of those "sum of his parts" kind of guy who has everything going for him, just never at the same time. If he figures it out, he could be a two-way first pairing defenseman. The key to Koekkoek's game is his mobility. He's got great speed and acceleration, which he uses to be an effective puck rusher. He also uses this to avoid the forecheck and is great at making sure the puck gets out of his own end. He also has terrific backwards and lateral agility which he uses to stay with forwards off the rush, angling them off the puck. Koekkoek works the powerplay well and has a heavy shot which gives him strong goal scoring potential from the back end. Defensively, he can be physical at times, but needs to become more consistent in this area. He will also need to work on his coverage in the zone as he can tend to wander around a bit. In the times I saw him this year, he either looked good defensively, or offensively and never both. Finding that comfort zone in the middle will be key. As I said, loads of potential if you're willing to take the risk about him figuring it out.

Blujus had an excellent sophomore season with Brampton, emerging as one of their go to guys on the blueline. He's not a flashy guy, but quietly very effective. He makes an excellent first pass, makes quick decisions with the puck and does a very good job controlling the point on the powerplay. Defensively, he plays a simple game and does well within Brampton's strict defensive system. At 6'3, he's a very intriguing prospect because once he fills out and learns to use his size more, he could become not just a good defensive player, but a very good one. Especially since he seems to think the game really well and has a good head on his shoulders. The big red flag for me is his skating ability. He's definitely an awkward skater who needs to improve both his speed/acceleration forwards, but also his backwards and lateral mobility defensively. I'm always weary of offensive type defenseman who need skating work, because it hinders their offensive potential at the next level. Will his skating improve to the point that he can be an effective puck rusher at the NHL level? Will his mobility improve to the point that he can be an effective defender off the rush in the NHL? When I see Blujus play, I can't help but recall a former highly touted WHL prospect by the name of Eric Doyle (one of the highest ranked prospects to go undrafted from my memory), who had a similar build but similar problems as Blujus. Despite what the statline would tell you, I think he's very much a project, but a project worth gambling on at some point in the draft

Dotchin is a first year OHL defenseman who had an excellent season in the OHL. Owen Sound just keeps finding these diamonds in the rough who make big contributions to their club. Dotchin has a lot of things going for him. He's got great size on the back end (6'3, 200lbs) and loves to use it. He has a penchant for the open ice hit and makes it hard for forwards to gain access to the offensive zone. It seemed like his skating improved over the course of the season too, especially while defending backwards. His zone coverage I think is still a bit of a work in progress, as he can get caught running around a bit, but there's room to grow on a player still learning to play in this league. Offensively, he's surprisingly skilled with the puck. He can be effective as a puck rusher and uses his big body to protect the puck well. He also looked comfortable working the point on the powerplay. I think he oozes potential as a physical two-way defender. There's no doubt his coaching staff has confidence in him since they moved Petgrave and Schemitsch to Oshawa in order to give him more ice time.

In the games if Richard I did see, I came away quite impressed. The sample size was smaller because it seemed every time I saw Guelph, he was out of the lineup. But again, the couple times I did manage to catch him, he was good. He's definitely a very good playmaking center who's got a high hockey IQ. Keeps plays alive in the offensive end by keeping the play moving and is patient with the puck. Seems to be a hard worker away from the puck and a good forechecker, which obviously aids in his ability to set up plays for his linemates. The skating seemed pretty good too, as did his overall game and defensive play. The only issue I have is the durability one. But I'm sure there were a few teams out there who saw enough of him to form an opinion. He could definitely have potential as a 2B/3A kind of guy.
Thanks for the info, sounds like we need to get them a skating coach. Seems like even if they don't hit full potential we got some good 2nd/3rd pair players and a nice bottom 6 C.

HoseEmDown is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:09 PM
  #379
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolto View Post
Somehow I don't think Steve Y is lurking on this board looking for drafting advice............................................ .................
Sorry, forgot the

The Wyzerhood is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 10:27 PM
  #380
BoltSTH
Registered User
 
BoltSTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,116
vCash: 500
Will we ever see the Russian 'v' line:

Gusev - Namestnikov - Kucherov

BoltSTH is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 10:54 PM
  #381
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Will we ever see the Russian 'v' line:

Gusev - Namestnikov - Kucherov
Ya know....if we could maybe just get one russian player over here, others may follow. Maybe it might make them feel a little more comfortable being around someone that speaks their language....just my opinion....

TBLHoser is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 11:45 PM
  #382
2 Weekes Notice
Registered User
 
2 Weekes Notice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Non-traditional Land
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Ya know....if we could maybe just get one russian player over here, others may follow. Maybe it might make them feel a little more comfortable being around someone that speaks their language....just my opinion....
I think Vladdy's pretty well a lock to be in Tampa as soon as he's ready. He spent a large part of his childhood in Utah, I believe, and the word on the street is that he's planning to play for Syracuse this year.

So maybe as a guy who's already comfortable playing in Russia and NA he might serve as a nice liaison to all the new Russian kids as they come up the pipeline? Now THAT would be a valuable intangible if ever there was one

2 Weekes Notice is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:46 AM
  #383
SPORTSMANIAC
Registered User
 
SPORTSMANIAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Hart drafted by Tampa Bay
By Nathan Fournier Published: 24th June 2012

Quote:
Brian Hart, 53rd overall pick by the Tampa Bay Lightning, looks on during day two of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft at Consol Energy Center on June 23, 2012 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Source: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images North America)
It was only four years ago when Brian Hart was celebrating a Class B State Championship with Greely, scoring two goals, and now he is a draft pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Lightning used the 53rd overall pick in the 2nd round to select the Cumberland native, who played for Phillips Exeter Academy last season where he had 31 goals and 34 assists for 65 points in 29 games.

“My grandparents actually live in Tampa,” he said. “When they heard that (I was drafted) they were really fired up, almost as fired up as me.”

Link>>>

SPORTSMANIAC is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:09 AM
  #384
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Passing on Forsberg or Grigorenko for a defensive defenceman....ouch.
Not having any idea about our prospect pool... ouch?

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 05:18 AM
  #385
Thrillho
Registered User
 
Thrillho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Thrillho
Quote:
Originally Posted by battfan888 View Post
Hey folks, a Brampton season ticket holder here who has been watching Dylan Blujus for 2 years now.

Great pickup who has seemed to be getting better and better, we drafted him in the 3rd round of our OHL draft 2 years ago and as a rookie he fit right in.

This year he was great, kid has a HELLUVA shot on the point and is on our #1 PP unit. He does have a few holes defensively but his offensive upside seems to make up for it, plus he is paired with a very good shutdown defenseman here in Brampton, who is also still on the draft table.

Check out battalionhockey.com tomorrow for a Blujus highlight pack.

But until then check out this....

http://www.battalionhockey.com/video...70c0001d6ede7a
My folks are Battalion season ticket holders and billoted Dylan Blujus and Jordan Auld. Dylan is the most down to earth kid off the ice... on the ice, HO-LEE-CRAP, he has HUGE potential. He's definitely going to make a significant impact over the next 24 months.

I am beyond thrilled for Dylan! Ordered a Tamp jersey today and will be wearing it to the Tampa/Van game on October 28th =)

Out of curiosity, do you know where I can find a stream of rounds 2-7 draft?

Thrillho is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 06:25 AM
  #386
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillho View Post
My folks are Battalion season ticket holders and billoted Dylan Blujus and Jordan Auld. Dylan is the most down to earth kid off the ice... on the ice, HO-LEE-CRAP, he has HUGE potential. He's definitely going to make a significant impact over the next 24 months.

I am beyond thrilled for Dylan! Ordered a Tamp jersey today and will be wearing it to the Tampa/Van game on October 28th =)

Out of curiosity, do you know where I can find a stream of rounds 2-7 draft?
A stream? They're already done. I watched the NHL.com stream, and the broadcasters didn't seem too concerned with who was being picked in those rounds.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 08:37 AM
  #387
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Congrats on drafting Gusev. Him and Kucherov have amazing chemistry, would be nice to see them both playing in NHL.

2nd in Rus Jr League scoring (since he spend time in KHL too)

76 points in 34 GAMES = 2.24 points per game
(kucherov had 43points in 23 games = 1.86 ppg)
33 points 19 games in the playoffs = 1.73 ppg


9 points in 7 games in WJC

Some highlights:


Last edited by Fulcrum: 06-24-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Fulcrum is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:06 AM
  #388
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
Videos:

Full draft reaction (Yzerman, Boucher, Murray): http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...=791&id=182806

Koekkoek draft report: http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...=791&id=182552
Vasilevski draft report: http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...=791&id=182566
Blujus draft report: http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...=791&id=182747
Hart draft report: http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...=791&id=182768
Richard draft report: http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...=791&id=182782
Paquette draft report: http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...=791&id=182787 ()
Dotchin draft report: http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...=791&id=182789


Last edited by LightningStrikes: 06-24-2012 at 11:11 AM.
LightningStrikes is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:14 AM
  #389
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,477
vCash: 500
I am much much happier with how Day 2 went. I like all of the picks we made and absolutely LOVE a few of them (Dotchin, Hart, and to an extent Gusev).

Overall I think they had a pretty good draft, went off the board for a couple of picks but if they like them that much then hopefully they are right. Again I love that we got Vasilevski, he was the goalie I wanted, and I like Koekkoek, just not sure of drafting that player in that spot, but he must have wowed the Lightning brass in his interviews etc.

I would say the draft overall gets about a B grade from me right now. Dotchin so late is a steal in my books, Gusev will help with the other Russians, and has HUGE potential if he can fill it, I love Harts game.

The news coming out about Vasilevski trying to come over right away is amazing. I thought I read it earlier somewhere but I agree that if this news was public knowledge, he would have gone before the 19th pick. Best goalie in the draft by far and could be amazing if he reaches his potential.

I also like the Pouliot trade. Bolsters the 3rd line and hopefully provides 15-20 goals from there.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:48 AM
  #390
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,983
vCash: 423
The only thing I wonder is if Vasilevski is coming over how come it didn't come out earlier? He would have been drafted a lot higher and I would have loved him at 10 if he was coming to the CHL.

X0X0A0 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:49 AM
  #391
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,541
vCash: 500


Felonious Python is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 12:05 PM
  #392
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilevski View Post
The only thing I wonder is if Vasilevski is coming over how come it didn't come out earlier? He would have been drafted a lot higher and I would have loved him at 10 if he was coming to the CHL.
Does it matter? I mean it worked in our favor. We werent going to draft him at 10 I dont think, and if it was known, I doubt he would have been there at 19.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 12:15 PM
  #393
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,999
vCash: 500
Murray said he saw a lot of Koekoek and liked his track record, so I did some searching on what Slater's done outside playing for the Petes in 2011-2012.

2010 Telus Cup - Won
  • Assistant Captain
  • Player of the game award in Cup final for Notre Dame with 1 goal and 1 assist
  • Telus MVP award
  • Telus Top defensman award
2011 World U-17 Hockey Challenge - Gold Medal
  • Assistant Captain
  • assisted on game winning goal
2011 World U18 Championships - 4th place
  • youngest player & only 1 of 3 1994 born players on the team
OHL 2010-11 Season
  • 7th overall pick in OHL Priority Selection
  • OHL Second All-Rookie Team
2011 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament - Gold Medal
  • Assistant Captain
  • Led Canadian defensemen in points with 5pts in 5 games
  • Tied Ville Pokka for the most points by a defensemen in the tournament
  • 9th in points among all players
2011 Subway Super Series
  • Tied for 2nd in points by a Canadian defenseman, only behind Dougie Hamilton
  • Tied for 3rd among all Russian and Canadian defensemen in points

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 12:29 PM
  #394
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 9,228
vCash: 900
I'm getting too excited about the Vasilevski pick...


Last edited by Vasilevskiy: 06-24-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Vasilevskiy is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:57 PM
  #395
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
I think Vladdy's pretty well a lock to be in Tampa as soon as he's ready. He spent a large part of his childhood in Utah, I believe, and the word on the street is that he's planning to play for Syracuse this year.

So maybe as a guy who's already comfortable playing in Russia and NA he might serve as a nice liaison to all the new Russian kids as they come up the pipeline? Now THAT would be a valuable intangible if ever there was one
Hopefully that's the case since Vasilevski obviously doesn't speak any english. Time to break out that Rosetta Stone! (at least speak better english than Malkin!)

TBLHoser is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:08 PM
  #396
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
By the way, Miles Koules (son of Oren Koules) went undrafted.

LightningStrikes is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:19 PM
  #397
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
By the way, Miles Koules (son of Oren Koules) went undrafted.
His only chance is if his dad buys a team.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:32 PM
  #398
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod
 
stryfe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,830
vCash: 500
Well I'm back from vacation, and what in the hell happened?

Koekkoek at 10? I had him as one of my favourites at 19 but at 10? Vasilevski at 19, I thought they might have packaged a second to move up to late 20's or early 30's to grab him if he was still there. In the first round passing on what they could have was shocking to me. If there is one thing though I have learned since last year, don't try to understand the Yzerplan. The Yzerplan will pull through. This is not to say that I am distraught or against the picks, I like them quite a bit in all honesty. Just didn't see them being picked where there were.

I love the Gusev pick, even though "the Russian factor" is always there. I would love to see him playing in the A and see how he will fair. Brian Hart is our un-sung hero of the draft in my opinion. The kid is young, huge, and provide that big body that many of our forward prospects lack. At 18 being 6'3 210+lbs, who knows how big he is going to get. The other upside is if he going to stay at Harvard. The wait will be a little long but well worth it, I refer to Killorn.

I admittedly do not know much about the other picks though and ask for some help from you guys on this.

stryfe604 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:09 PM
  #399
kp61c
Registered User
 
kp61c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 984
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post

what the heck is this?
this guy sounds retarded and his pronunciation is just horrible

kp61c is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:44 PM
  #400
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
what the heck is this?
this guy sounds retarded and his pronunciation is just horrible
Uh...this guys sounds like there's a number of states he can't get married in....other than that, he's a moron.....

TBLHoser is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.