HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Medvedev wants to expand to 64 teams

Old
06-21-2012, 09:14 AM
LOFIN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
We're more about the teams than players and we also fully know that the best players want to play in the best leagues. So we're not crying about it.
Well I'd say we are bitter for it and why shouldn't we be? But whaddya gonna do.

LOFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFIN View Post
Well I'd say we are bitter for it and why shouldn't we be? But whaddya gonna do.
Yeah, it's not like we can't stop players from wanting more money and playing in better leagues. The more guys we have in the NHL, the better.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:00 PM
VladNYC*

Except you guys can. Join the KHL and your players will stay put.

All this talk about rivalries is a bunch of nonsense. All it would take is Artyukhin to board or fight one of the players on your local KHL team and trust me the rivalry will be on.

Or have Vityaz visit. Instant rivalry. Vityaz's rivalry with Omsk is one of the most heated if not the most heated in hockey and how old is that? 3 years?

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
Except you guys can. Join the KHL and your players will stay put.

All this talk about rivalries is a bunch of nonsense. All it would take is Artyukhin to board or fight one of the players on your local KHL team and trust me the rivalry will be on.

Or have Vityaz visit. Instant rivalry. Vityaz's rivalry with Omsk is one of the most heated if not the most heated in hockey and how old is that? 3 years?
Our players develop better when they play in the NHL. Our KHL players are useless against the North American teams in major tournaments. And do you really think it'd be easy to just join the KHL?

Finns don't even bother with Artyukhin, let the dumbass drop the gloves and take the 10 minute.

Oh, whatever happened to KHL being a skilled players league? Why are you promoting it with North American elements?

Last edited by Jussi: 06-21-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old
06-21-2012, 04:49 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Our players develop better when they play in the NHL. Our KHL players are useless against the North American teams in major tournaments. And do you really think it'd be easy to just join the KHL?

Finns don't even bother with Artyukhin, let the dumbass drop the gloves and take the 10 minute.

Oh, whatever happened to KHL being a skilled players league? Why are you promoting it with North American elements?
You KHL players aren't a product of KHL development. They just happen to be in the KHL. You, like many others here want everything to happen over night. No patience and no foresight.

I can't say how easy or not easy it is to join the KHL but if Slovaks, Czechs, Latvians, Ukranians and Belorussians can do it why can't Finns? What is it they have that Finns lack other then initiative and boldness?

The KHL is a skilled player's league. I was just pointing out that all that needs to happen is a normal hockey play in order to build bitter rivalry.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
agreed

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:37 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:

I can't say how easy or not easy it is to join the KHL but if Slovaks, Czechs, Latvians, Ukranians and Belorussians can do it why can't Finns? What is it they have that Finns lack other then initiative and boldness?
Why cannot Finns? I dont know what they think but I have my idea about this topic. Clubs from Finland (and federation) dont have problem with beeing feeder league of NHL and KHL, they dont want to have world top clubs. Russian (slovak etc) clubs dont want to be feeder league of NHL, therefore they join KHL... all story.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 05:36 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Yeah, thanks for answers Jussi. Loyality for club is definitely not bad. And one or two KHL clubs in a country can't destroy it. I know, that your youth programme is way better than CZE. This is the only way for us, also. We are trying to raise our youth programme and KHL,MHL can help us...

But I'm still praying for group of people from Swe,Finn, which will want KHL also. There is no chance to create enough competitive league without Scandinavian clubs IMO. At least, i don't like it. Now, i can't understand Medvedev's idea at all.

Last edited by Jeez: 06-22-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:47 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
You KHL players aren't a product of KHL development. They just happen to be in the KHL. You, like many others here want everything to happen over night. No patience and no foresight. I can't say how easy or not easy it is to join the KHL but if Slovaks, Czechs, Latvians, Ukranians and Belorussians can do it why can't Finns? What is it they have that Finns lack other then initiative and boldness?

The KHL is a skilled player's league. I was just pointing out that all that needs to happen is a normal hockey play in order to build bitter rivalry.
IMO it`s the KHL who want everything to happen over a night. Expand from 23 to 64 teams in two years seems ridicilos in my eyes.
How can it not be diluted? The NHL claimed they are diluted after expanding from 24 to 30 teams.
Where will all that money come from. Will Gazprom pay for Italian KHL clubs?

The Swedes and The Fins have the worlds best developingsystems. They don`t need KHL.
Pleace let KHL stay in former Sovijet countrys, and leave other domestic leagues be.

Last edited by fredrikstad: 06-23-2012 at 10:00 AM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Arthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
IMO it`s the KHL who want everything to happen over a night. Expand from 23 to 64 teams in two years seems ridicilos in my eyes.
How can it not be diluted? The NHL claimed they are diluted after expanding from 24 to 30 teams.
Where will all that money come from. Will Gazprom pay for Italian KHL clubs?

The Swedes and The Fins have the worlds best developingsystems. They don`t need KHL.
Pleace let KHL stay in former Sovijet countrys, and leave other domestic leagues be.
I agree, medvedev wants finns, swedes and others to join the KHL system, but i can't see it happening aswell, surely they they don't have any problems with their leagues. What i would like is though, and Lichtner pointed it out, is having a decent Champions League with top teams from Europe.

Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:38 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Sweden and Finland does not have problem with developing players, honestly they are best in Europe nowadays. Both countries have problem with elite senior leagues, wants make money but can not within domestic league. Champions League (without KHL) is not solution, Swedes and Finns must to cooperate with KHL (that means NO Champions League)

Old
06-23-2012, 01:53 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

I can't see Finnish or Swedish teams joining the KHL for at least 10 years or even longer? It is an interesting thought but at it stilla thought and nothing more

KHL has to prove it will work for a few more years still, keep on increasing it's credibility, having some kind of fair system that doesn't allow the top teams have so much money that forces the smaller teams to feed of scraps that wouldn't interest anyone

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:41 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
I can't see Finnish or Swedish teams joining the KHL for at least 10 years or even longer? It is an interesting thought but at it stilla thought and nothing more

KHL has to prove it will work for a few more years still, keep on increasing it's credibility, having some kind of fair system that doesn't allow the top teams have so much money that forces the smaller teams to feed of scraps that wouldn't interest anyone
Thats my main consern too. Where would all the 37 or what new teams get theyr money from?
It`s not gonna start growing money on trees just because a city from Italy or Denmark are joining the KHL,would it?
I cant see how a team from Norway could raise 15 millions euro. Several teams are strugling to put up one million.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:13 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Thats my main consern too. Where would all the 37 or what new teams get theyr money from?
Exactly and I don't want some random millionaire/billionaire to buy my club and think hey this is pretty cool and then they get bored after awhile and who knows what would happen

Old
06-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
You KHL players aren't a product of KHL development. They just happen to be in the KHL. You, like many others here want everything to happen over night. No patience and no foresight.

In Finland rivalries are born out of closeness, e.g. Rauma-Pori, Jokerit-HIFK, Turku-everybody (because everyone hates them). No one cares about a club in Siberia. During the EHL in the 90s Finns didn't care about the Swedish clubs either, it's only the national teams they care about when it comes to our western neighbor.

What do those clubs have in common? Rich foreign money or huge local backer. Thre's no rich sugar daddy in Finland. Jussi Salonoja got fed up with losing money every year with Espoo Blues and sold the majority of the club to a bunch of local people (probably didn't make much profit), he even went to a meeting in Russia about the KHL, no one was there to meet him. With foreign backing there's the risk vsk92 mentioned.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:11 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
In Finland rivalries are born out of closeness, e.g. Rauma-Pori, Jokerit-HIFK, Turku-everybody (because everyone hates them).
The same situation in Slovakia and fans visited HC LEV matches last season. Why not in Finland? You are not special, we have also rivalries in Slovakia.

Quote:
he even went to a meeting in Russia about the KHL, no one was there to meet him.
he is bad bussinessman when he does not know how to arrange bussiness meeting

Old
06-24-2012, 03:12 AM
zorz

Quote:

I strongly disagree with this opinion. This system of parity is one of the main things that annoys me about the NHL. And creating the same type of league in Europe would for sure kill my remaining interest in hockey outside of international tournaments. This is not part of the European sports culture. All top football leagues work just fine without something like this and you cant say that fans of the worse teams are not having fun.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:22 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I strongly disagree with this opinion. This system of parity is one of the main things that annoys me about the NHL. And creating the same type of league in Europe would for sure kill my remaining interest in hockey outside of international tournaments. This is not part of the European sports culture. All top football leagues work just fine without something like this and you cant say that fans of the worse teams are not having fun.
agree

Old
06-24-2012, 04:15 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
well I wouldn't want my team who don't have much money join the KHL and not have the chance to improve that much will all the best players getting signed at levels we can't afford too pay.

its basically same level of team in a new league, we can't win so what the point of joining? May aswell just stay in the SM Liiga we we can compete at most times rather than say hey we're in the KHL but it doesn't matter if we keep on losing

Old
06-24-2012, 04:21 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
its basically same level of team in a new league, we can't win so what the point of joining?
better league, higher level of hockey, better players in league, more opportunities to make money for club etc

Old
06-24-2012, 04:30 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
better league, higher level of hockey, better players in league, more opportunities to make money for club etc
Yeah other team's have better players, but HIFK would not be able to afford high wages and like I said earlier.

I don't want some random millionaire/billionaire to buy my club and think hey this is pretty cool and then they get bored after awhile and who knows what would happen then.

KHL would have put into place some legal gurantee that owner's can't walk away whenever they fee like it, or it is just too risky

Old
06-24-2012, 04:38 AM
zorz

Quote:
Yeah other team's have better players, but HIFK would not be able to afford high wages and like I said earlier.

I don't want some random millionaire/billionaire to buy my club and think hey this is pretty cool and then they get bored after awhile and who knows what would happen then.

KHL would have put into place some legal gurantee that owner's can't walk away whenever they fee like it, or it is just too risky
why not? Now it is probably owned by some "random" local investors. They can bankrupt just like everybody. Actually I think being owned by Abramovic is more safe then being owned by some "poor" local people.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:47 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
why not? Now it is probably owned by some "random" local investors. They can bankrupt just like everybody. Actually I think being owned by Abramovic is more safe then being owned by some "poor" local people.
I don't want the club to lose heritage & because why would say a 'Russian billionaire' care anything about HIFK, rather than see it as cool project?? as soon as it goes wrong and people would stop attending why would he stick by the club.

The current people in charge care about the club and would do what's best for the club and we are managing fine as it stands we live by our means and nothing more.

Last edited by vsk92: 06-24-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old
06-24-2012, 04:54 AM
zorz

Quote:
I don't want the club to lose heritage & because why would say a 'Russian billionaire' care anything about HIFK, rather than see it as cool project?? as soon as it goes wrong and people would stop attending why would he stick by the club.

The current people in charge care about the club and would do what's best for the club and we are managing fine as it stands we live by our means and nothing more.
If thats enough for you, then everythings fine of course. But nobody said it would have to be Russian. There are no billionaires in Finland?

Old
06-24-2012, 04:57 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
If thats enough for you, then everythings fine of course. But nobody said it would have to be Russian. There are no billionaires in Finland?
There's two I think Antti Herlin & Poju Zabludowicz and if they were interested in buying a hockey club they woud have done so by now so I don't think they would change they're minds