HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers don’t expect to re-sign Prust (Signs with Habs 4yrs $10m)

Old
06-24-2012, 12:46 AM
Alphacat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
He can win faceoffs...on the fourth line.

If boyle is our third line center we still have serious issues.
If you bring back the Boyle from a year ago, I can tolerate him on the 3rd. He just has zero playmaking ability though, and that creates a whole slew of problems when his line is trying to generate offense.

Alphacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:54 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS913 View Post
If you bring back the Boyle from a year ago, I can tolerate him on the 3rd. He just has zero playmaking ability though, and that creates a whole slew of problems when his line is trying to generate offense.
Boyle needs to he the teams 4th line center. His skating isn't great, his vision is horrible, doesn't possess a good shot. He is what he is, a team first lunch pale guy who blocks shots, takes draws, and plays the pk

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Alphacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Boyle needs to he the teams 4th line center. His skating isn't great, his vision is horrible, doesn't possess a good shot. He is what he is, a team first lunch pale guy who blocks shots, takes draws, and plays the pk
And who needs to stay away from the power play

Alphacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:12 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
If he wants 2.2 million per season, you have to move on.
At 5.4m for 3 years, it's a lot of money for a role guy. If Prust is turning down 5.4/3yrs than let him go and go sign Kenopka who can center the 4th line, win faceoffs, and fight just as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
IMO BB his best as a 3rd line winger as part of a dominant shutdown group.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:16 AM
MadHookUp

If I were the Rangers, I would tweet...

"I wish Prust wanted to be back as much as the fans want him back."

Prust has a contract sitting on his desk. What is prevent him is not management, its his own greed.

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:24 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHookUp View Post
If I were the Rangers, I would tweet...

"I wish Prust wanted to be back as much as the fans want him back."

Prust has a contract sitting on his desk. What is prevent him is not management, its his own greed.
I think there's a difference between greed and trying to get what you think you're worth. If he eventually realizes he's not worth that type of money and signs somewhere else for around what Sather offered him, he will look stupid. If he gets the money he wanted, then I don't really have a problem with it.

06-24-2012, 03:11 AM
theJUMPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Rangers are already offering 1.8 apparently.......he's being greedy and leaving NY because of it
1.8 is ridic. What a moron for turning that down. No way he gets 2.2 from anybody.

He's not intimidating at all with his fighting ability. He's a 4th line middle-weight, who in a good season will net you high SINGLE digit amount of goals.

If that 1.8 per year is true, I hope Slats low balls him into the 1.2 territory for thinking too much of himself.

You can get Konopka and Tootoo for 2.2 a year.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:28 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
1.8 is ridic. What a moron for turning that down. No way he gets 2.2 from anybody.

He's not intimidating at all with his fighting ability. He's a 4th line middle-weight, who in a good season will net you high SINGLE digit amount of goals.

If that 1.8 per year is true, I hope Slats low balls him into the 1.2 territory for thinking too much of himself.

You can get Konopka and Tootoo for 2.2 a year.
Or one of Konopka/tootoo and resign Scott for less than the offered 1,8m...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:48 AM
JaeTM

You guys make me laugh. As if you wouldn't do the same thing in his position. If he thinks he can get an extra 500k a year, why wouldn't anyone try and do that? That's 1.5m over the next three years, and the last time I checked, that's a hell of a lot of money. Is it because he's a sports player and is already making a lot of money that he shouldn't try and get more? BS. We all try and make as much as we can.

Next time you get a job offer from a place that is willingly to pay you significantly more then your current job, decline it because it might make your current group of employees and customers upset.

JaeTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:51 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
You guys make me laugh. As if you wouldn't do the same thing in his position. If he thinks he can get an extra 500k a year, why wouldn't anyone try and do that? That's 1.5m over the next three years, and the last time I checked, that's a hell of a lot of money. Is it because he's a sports player and is already making a lot of money that he shouldn't try and get more? BS. We all try and make as much as we can.

Next time you get a job offer from a place that is willingly to pay you significantly more then your current job, decline it because it might make your current group of employees and customers upset.
Yeah, then complain to your employees that your employer is a ******** who doesn't want you back, even after the employer offered you incentives you shouldn't be getting.

Nobody has problems with him getting money. It's that bush league tweet that rubbed me the wrong way.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:05 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yeah, then complain to your employees that your employer is a ******** who doesn't want you back, even after the employer offered you incentives you shouldn't be getting.

Nobody has problems with him getting money. It's that bush league tweet that rubbed me the wrong way.
what are you talking about? every problem is with the money he wants. 2.2 million for a 4th line grinder is ridiculous.

BUT

what problem could you possibly have with his tweet?
sather basically tried to force prust's hand by going to the media and saying that prust wasn't cooperating. you don't have a deal with a player who put a lot of effort in for your team-- you don't go to the media about it.

it was clearly a 'bush league' comment made in order to force prust's hand/limit his competitive value elsewhere. prust may have hurt himself by responding on twitter, but sather should've kept his mouth shut in the first place. not only did sather basically tell a reporter that prust is not coming back-- he decreased his value on the market by saying that he will not be resigning with new york--meaning they don't have to compete with us. it was a 'bush league' move by sather if anything.

but i don't see anybody complaining about sather opening his mouth about a player that worked his ass off for us.........could've kept his mouth shut, said thank you for your time, and sent brandon packing.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:19 AM
Leetch66

I certainly do not fault him one little bit for asking for the moon...heck it is NYR and they always tend to overpay...so why not ask for it and it will be his last kick at the can so he may as well look after himself...as did Colton Orr and also Mike Rupp .
I thank him for his time spent as a Ranger...great team guy .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:33 AM
JayQueensNY88*

@Jae i agree with you 100%..But the point is 1.8 is fair and that is really his worth.He was bringing in a 800,000$ a year to an offer of 1.8 mill a year so thats a mill dollar raise.His tweet and his asking price is silly.Especially for a 4th liner who plays an avg of 7-11 mins a game,nets 5 even strength goals a year and has no offensive abilities what so ever.Yes he will stand up for team mates against anyone and has a huge heart and can skate and is a good pk'r..But if players got paid because they have heart n could penatly kill add in 30 goals then that makes Callahan a 7 mill dollar a year player....

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Geffres
@geffres on twitter

Prust can tweet that all he wants bottom line is PRUST is the one demanding 2.2 million, not the Rangers. If it was really about the fans, he would take the deal, but its not.. its about the money. He has every right to try to get as much as he wants because hockey is his job, but don't try to sit here and act like your the victim when you are demanding about a million more then your actually worth

Geffres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:38 AM
eco's bones

Whatever you think of Prust's role on the team--and the back and forth between him and Sather he's a guy that's likely going to be missed. Good penalty killer--very gritty player--the poster talking about him willing to take on a polar bear if he messed with one of his teammates was dead on. Prust might not be all that talented but players like him are in short supply and very valuable. The Rangers lose a lot of toughness without him.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:49 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geffres View Post
Prust can tweet that all he wants bottom line is PRUST is the one demanding 2.2 million, not the Rangers. If it was really about the fans, he would take the deal, but its not.. its about the money. He has every right to try to get as much as he wants because hockey is his job, but don't try to sit here and act like your the victim when you are demanding about a million more then your actually worth
Very arguable OTOH that he was worth a lot more than the $800K the Rangers have been paying him the past two years. Rupp gets a contract for almost twice that. Prust>>Rupp. Anyway I don't see Prust as a victim--all major professional sports players do very, very well if not extraordinarily well compared to the great majority of fans who come to see them. The franchises themselves are money making machines owned by billionaires and multi-nationals. The whole system is set up from top to bottom based on greed. Prust is no longer an employee of the Rangers. He is a free agent with no restrictions. Loyalty is nice but it's not something that the Rangers necessarily practice themselves towards their own fan base--as an example cutting off large chunks of their television viewing fan base this past year in their dispute with Time-Warner--over more $.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Orr Nightmare

I love Prust more than most and if he wants to get paid thats fine...however, he doesn't deserve more than 1.8 a year from us....

This is the wrong year to squeeze the Rangers for money when TooToo, Konokpa, Pyatt and a host of other role players are there to replace.

I really wish he resigns with us though...I love wearing my HErtiage Prust jersey.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Vitto79

Was prust drunk at Dubis wedding when he sent that tweet? Lol . Boyle makes 1.7 and is likely insulted prust won't take 1.8

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Lundsanity30

Personally? Me? If I got a million from where I wanted to be or 2m from a place I might not like? Give me the million. Money doesn't bring happiness. And how much can one person spend in a year??

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Personally? Me? If I got a million from where I wanted to be or 2m from a place I might not like? Give me the million. Money doesn't bring happiness. And how much can one person spend in a year??
Prust should take a discount, he will be young enough to be an UFA again.. give him 3 year deal...let him be an UFA again when he is 31

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:10 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I Prust wants to nickel and dime us then **** him. This is a real stupid move on his part.

The Islanders will pay ya buddy. Have fun there.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:14 AM
mcsauer2738

I dont understand how he sees there being a big market for his services. Because honestly what does he do better than tootoo and konopka that makes him think he's worth over a million more than them?

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:14 AM
mcsauer2738

In my honest opinion prust isn't worth a penny more than 1.4.

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:27 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I would agree. The most I would go on him is 1.5M. And I think that's being very generous.

He shouldn't be making more than Rupp.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:28 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would agree. The most I would go on him is 1.5M. And I think that's being very generous.

He shouldn't be making more than Rupp.
Nor should he make more the Boyle.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote