Old
06-20-2012, 05:52 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
we can put Sidlik into the "mostly sure not being drafted" group

I havenīt seen him play in Q but he was pretty bad at Hlinka Cup and entirely awful at World U18 champs, I would be shocked if he is selected. But anything could happen on Saturday.
Considering itīs weak year, chance for players in second or third year of eligibility is slightly higher. So there is chance for guys like Machovsky, Pavelka, Nosek.
Only Faksa, Hertl, Frk and Hyka are sure thing.
I hope for Langhamer, Plutnar and Nosek being picked up.
Nejezchleb has higher chance than Knot.
right. Sidlik and Knot was awful on U-18 WC. Impressed me only Kostalek,Vrana as younger players last year. The team as whole was awful.
What about Volek, can we expect him to be drafted, as he leave NA? Why he did? I've heard only dissatisfaction with his progress in NA.

Last edited by Jeez: 06-20-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:41 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
right. Sidlik and Knot was awful on U-18 WC. Impressed me only Kostalek,Vrana as younger players last year. The team as whole was awful.
What about Volek, can we expect him to be drafted, as he leave NA? Why he did? I've heard only dissatisfaction with his progress in NA.
I think Volek may be drafted, but he won't go until the 6th or 7th round. I heard before he was slotted for the 3rd-4th round, but I can't see him going that high now.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
Knot has good potencial and played really well before championship against Canada but he looked mentally soft at champs.
I donīt know what to think about Volek, next season itīs his fourth country and fourth league within 4 years. I donīt like it.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:13 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Knot has good potencial and played really well before championship against Canada but he looked mentally soft at champs.
I donīt know what to think about Volek, next season itīs his fourth country and fourth league within 4 years. I donīt like it.
Czech republic, Canada and now Sweden, which was the fourth one? Was that before Sparta?

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Czech republic, Canada and now Sweden, which was the fourth one? Was that before Sparta?
he played for Davos before Sparta

Old
06-21-2012, 06:01 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Which teams will pick our best prospects:

I like it:

Winipeg - Faksa as 9.pick
Tampa bay - Hertl as 19.pick
Toronto - Frk as 35.pick

Old
06-21-2012, 09:07 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
he played for Davos before Sparta
Aha, Thanks for the info.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:43 AM
wings5

This is abit off topic but I'm noticing smaller Czech players in the u-16 ranks etc than their Western counterparts. What is the average height in Czech Republic and Slovakia ?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
This is abit off topic but I'm noticing smaller Czech players in the u-16 ranks etc than their Western counterparts. What is the average height in Czech Republic and Slovakia ?
no idea. I've heard only, that our kids become mature, longer time than world average. But It was mentally, now I reminded.

Last edited by Jeez: 06-22-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old
06-23-2012, 11:55 AM
zorz

wow, what an awful day 2 of the nhl draft. Congratz to Mazanec, he was not expected to be picked, but other than that its plain awful (from Czech pov)

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:00 PM
smitty10

Wow, only 6 Czech's taken! Not the 10+ people were expecting.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:06 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Wow, only 6 Czech's taken! Not the 10+ people were expecting.
yeah I know, this is close to the worst possible scenario which I thought would be unlikely to happen. But it did. I aint even mad, Im more like wtf

Old
06-23-2012, 12:14 PM
joey16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
yeah I know, this is close to the worst possible scenario which I thought would be unlikely to happen. But it did. I aint even mad, Im more like wtf
It's a pretty big paradox. Last year, there were expected +- 5 players to be taken and eventually it was 10. This year it is excatly the opposite.

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:00 PM
RussianShark
Cheech

Send a message via Yahoo to RussianShark
How does Hertl's development look going forward?

RussianShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:41 PM
slovakiasnextone

Kinda disappointing after what the exceptations were with the overall number of picks, but congrats on your first first round picks since 2007 was it?

There just was no love for Czech players in rounds 3-5...

Old
06-23-2012, 03:43 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Having two quality first round picks is really a step in the right direction regardless of how many players were taken later. Both Faksa and Hertl could be quality top 6 players in the NHL and they represent far more value than a whole bunch of 6th or 7th rounders so I'd say this is probably the best draft for the Czechs in years.

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:54 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
What is the current prognosis for the upcoming Czech generations (2013/2014 draft). I am aware only of Kostalek for 2013, of whom czechexpert seems to like.

This draft numerically is disappointing, but as Cagney declared, 2 1st round picks is preferable to a little more depth. Wasn't it the 94's who were supposed to be the age group representing a real low?

The NHL draft has clearly become more of an NA benefit anyway. It's simply not orientated around Europeans as much as it was around the turn of the millennium.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Nhl clubs picked only 2 defenders (Musil,Nedomlel) from 16 drafted players in last 2 Nhl drafts. Specially our defence looked weak at last U-18 WC...

Old
06-24-2012, 02:52 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
What is the current prognosis for the upcoming Czech generations (2013/2014 draft). I am aware only of Kostalek for 2013, of whom czechexpert seems to like.

This draft numerically is disappointing, but as Cagney declared, 2 1st round picks is preferable to a little more depth. Wasn't it the 94's who were supposed to be the age group representing a real low?

The NHL draft has clearly become more of an NA benefit anyway. It's simply not orientated around Europeans as much as it was around the turn of the millennium.
I donīt have the stats to confirm this, but it seems to me that asides the Americans improving their development system since that time, it also has to do with the lesser number of players drafted as it seems to me that there was usually more Europeans drafted in round 8 and 9 than on the earlier rounds.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:22 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Having two quality first round picks is really a step in the right direction regardless of how many players were taken later. Both Faksa and Hertl could be quality top 6 players in the NHL and they represent far more value than a whole bunch of 6th or 7th rounders so I'd say this is probably the best draft for the Czechs in years.
yeah, youre probably right. it was fun to have some firstrounders finally + so far it looks like there could a firstrounder too in 2013.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:36 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I donīt have the stats to confirm this, but it seems to me that asides the Americans improving their development system since that time, it also has to do with the lesser number of players drafted as it seems to me that there was usually more Europeans drafted in round 8 and 9 than on the earlier rounds.
It's obviously down to a variety of factors. Shorter draft + stagnation of development in many European countries during the late 2000's. I also believe the mentality of teams is less European orientated. They'd rather take an overage CHL player/NCAA bound player who they can stock away over a European project who is 4-5 years away.

Or simply in Russia's case, many teams don't even have regular Russian scouts. I would be interested to see how many teams have regular Czech/Slovak scouts.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:21 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
I've heard only about : Dominik Kubalík Jakub Vrána

Old
06-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
It's obviously down to a variety of factors. Shorter draft + stagnation of development in many European countries during the late 2000's. I also believe the mentality of teams is less European orientated. They'd rather take an overage CHL player/NCAA bound player who they can stock away over a European project who is 4-5 years away.

Or simply in Russia's case, many teams don't even have regular Russian scouts. I would be interested to see how many teams have regular Czech/Slovak scouts.
If I counted right than 19 teams including Maple Leafs as Peter Ihnacak is based in Germany but spends much more time in Czech than in Germany(at least scouting).
Plus Robert Kron(Carolina) and Frank Musil(Edmonton) live in N.A. but travel to Europe(including Czech and Slovakia) to scout European prospects.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:

Right now, Iīm not very optimistic regarding 2013. Outside of Kostalek who in the best case scenario could be first round pick I donīt see any other "sure" picks. Iīm not as high on Kubalik as some other people though he is decent prospect. Than there is Martin Kohout who is hard-driving winger with size, competitiveness and decent skills. D David Nemecek and scoring winger Dominik Pokorny could be at least worth of watching. Undersized, highly skilled forward Miroslav Indrak is my sleeper pick, liked him in limited viewing last season.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:42 AM
zorz

Quote:
Right now, Iīm not very optimistic regarding 2013. Outside of Kostalek who in the best case scenario could be first round pick I donīt see any other "sure" picks. Iīm not as high on Kubalik as some other people though he is decent prospect. Than there is Martin Kohout who is hard-driving winger with size, competitiveness and decent skills. D David Nemecek and scoring winger Dominik Pokorny could be at least worth of watching. Undersized, highly skilled forward Miroslav Indrak is my sleeper pick, liked him in limited viewing last season.
+ some overager could be picked. happens every year recently.