HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

mtl - ana

Old
06-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
If Vatanen comes in, we can be sure Lydman is safe as well. As a mentor for Vatanen.
Beauchemin could be his mentor, too. Just because they're both Finnish doesn't mean that he was the one Murray wanted to mentor the rookies. I'm not saying you're wrong, though. Toni had some rotten luck with injuries over the last year.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Beauchemin could be his mentor, too. Just because they're both Finnish doesn't mean that he was the one Murray wanted to mentor the rookies. I'm not saying you're wrong, though. Toni had some rotten luck with injuries over the last year.
I expect Beauch to play with Cam and still help him along. Lydman could ease the transition for Sami, as his English isn't too good at the moment judging from his interviews. But who knows.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:17 AM
heathfilms*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyTabasco View Post
Would the Habs have any interest in Lydman?

Or would he even be available?
we don't need him we are fine on defense we need offense why you think most of our picks were offense we did select one defense but that was a steal at the late 2nd rounder. the only way we would take him is if you take Tomas Kaberle

heathfilms* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:27 AM
Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
I see DSP to work with Getzy and Perry like Penner did. Etem would be better suited with Koivu + Selanne or Ryan + Plekanec IMO.

But in general I like the idea of Palmieri + Holland + Cogliano for Plekanec + Weber
Yeah I do see what people are saying when they want DSP to work with the twins. I just feel that Etem with his skill and speed would work just as well especially against the tough opposition they will be facing.

As for Lydman I have no idea if he would be available. Right now I'd keep him since we haven't brought anyone else in yet but I'd like to see if he could bounce back if we are able to hold on to him.

06-24-2012, 07:46 AM
JustAHabFan

If the Ducks is one of the top team in the Western Conference and the Habs is at the bottom of the Eastern Conference near the trade deadline, then I think we can become trading partners for Plekanec. It just doesn't make sense right now to trade him.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Something around Plekanec for Palmieri and Holland is workable. A couple of things, though: NO Cogliano at all. He has negative value in a trade with the Habs(maybe not other teams, though) based on our actual team needs. At this point, we need a big, young RW who can play rugged hockey and produce some points. Cogliano can do none of that. PLEASE do NOT offer Cogliano in any Habs trades.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote