HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kulemin to Pitts?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2012, 01:36 AM
  #1
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,829
vCash: 500
Kulemin to Pitts?

With Toronto getting JVR and having 5 wingers... I wonder what Toronto would want for Kulemin?

The only thing I think Pittsburgh can offer something like Kennedy/Trangradi and a pick/prospect (not a bluechip one).

Is that enough? Or what would Leaf fans want?

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:07 AM
  #2
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.
 
A1LeafNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,633
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
With Toronto getting JVR and having 5 wingers... I wonder what Toronto would want for Kulemin?

The only thing I think Pittsburgh can offer something like Kennedy/Trangradi and a pick/prospect (not a bluechip one).

Is that enough? Or what would Leaf fans want?
#1 center or #1 goalie, thats all we need. We don't need any borderline top 6 guys. Unless you are willing to discuss Fleury, Malkin, or Crosby which you aren't.... PEACE.

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:16 AM
  #3
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
#1 center or #1 goalie, thats all we need. We don't need any borderline top 6 guys. Unless you are willing to discuss Fleury, Malkin, or Crosby which you aren't.... PEACE.

Because Kulemin is going to get you a number 1 center. I agree that's what you need... however even if you received a top 6 guy... where do they play? You have 5 top 6 wingers and 1 center. One of those wingers is going to be the odd man out, and I don't see it being Kessel, Lupul or JVR.

It's possible that he's included in a deal for Luongo... however Leafs would have to add a significant piece (prospect and likely a pick as well) as it wouldn't center around Kulemin.

With Harding signing a 3 yr extension, it's possible Backstrom is moved sometime this season... however he'll cost more than Kulemin is worth as well.

Don't get me wrong... I like him, and expect him to do a lot better than last year (assuming he gets top 6 icetime). However if he can't get top 6 icetime, then I don't see him doing much more than 10-15 goals. At which point moving him for another player/prospect isn't a bad thing.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:20 AM
  #4
BonMorrison
Sexy Back
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,277
vCash: 500
Now that Staal is gone, I doubt there is any chance of Kulemin being sent to Pittsburgh.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:14 AM
  #5
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Because Kulemin is going to get you a number 1 center. I agree that's what you need... however even if you received a top 6 guy... where do they play? You have 5 top 6 wingers and 1 center. One of those wingers is going to be the odd man out, and I don't see it being Kessel, Lupul or JVR.

It's possible that he's included in a deal for Luongo... however Leafs would have to add a significant piece (prospect and likely a pick as well) as it wouldn't center around Kulemin.

With Harding signing a 3 yr extension, it's possible Backstrom is moved sometime this season... however he'll cost more than Kulemin is worth as well.

Don't get me wrong... I like him, and expect him to do a lot better than last year (assuming he gets top 6 icetime). However if he can't get top 6 icetime, then I don't see him doing much more than 10-15 goals. At which point moving him for another player/prospect isn't a bad thing.
I'm not a Toronto fan but basically you are trying to buy low on Kulemin. Burke is not that dumb to sell him low. Toronto looks at it as he just had a bad year and can be a 20 to 30 goal scorer again. Kulemin is a great player to have on the 3rd line actually if they need to use him there. Much better for them to keep him then trade him for the spare parts you are offering.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:46 AM
  #6
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!
 
Cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,893
vCash: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
With Toronto getting JVR and having 5 wingers... I wonder what Toronto would want for Kulemin?

The only thing I think Pittsburgh can offer something like Kennedy/Trangradi and a pick/prospect (not a bluechip one).

Is that enough? Or what would Leaf fans want?
That isnt anywhere close to enough.
First your trying to buy low based of his bad season and that isnt gonna happen. Nearly all Leaf fans feel he will bounce back to being a 20 - 25 goal scorer.
Second Burke has said we may try JVR at center as that is where he played in college.
Third if we had to play Kulemin on the 3rd line would that really be a bad thing? He is great defensively, built like a tank and an incredibly fast skater.
Fourth if there was gonna be an odd man out it would likley be MacArthur who only has 1 year left on his deal.

None of the pieces you would be willing to give up would get the deal done.

Cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:27 AM
  #7
BrianTML2011
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
I do agree that the Leafs have too many players and need to unload a few, however I really do not think Kulemin should be one of those players unless he is included in a package for a legit upgrade. Now that Stall has been traded, I do not see a trade happening between these two teams involving Kulemin.

If you are looking for a decent offensive winger from Toronto, that they would be willing to part with, it would be Macarthur. He has decent vision and can score, however we have other players who can step in his role right away.

I would trade Macarthur for Pits 2013 1st round pick straight up. I know Burke was offered a 1st rounder for him at the deadline and looking back at it, he should have taken it for the simple fact that the Leafs have too many bodies.

If your heart is set on Kulimen, a steep over payement would be required or a package involving Kulimen + caps dumps, however I doubt Pitsburg would be willing to touch that.

BrianTML2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:46 AM
  #8
Gavy
Registered User
 
Gavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Kulemin isn't going anywhere, despite his crappy season last year, he is too valuable and every other team undervalues him

Gavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:32 AM
  #9
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!
 
Cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,893
vCash: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTML2011 View Post
I do agree that the Leafs have too many players and need to unload a few, however I really do not think Kulemin should be one of those players unless he is included in a package for a legit upgrade. Now that Stall has been traded, I do not see a trade happening between these two teams involving Kulemin.

If you are looking for a decent offensive winger from Toronto, that they would be willing to part with, it would be Macarthur. He has decent vision and can score, however we have other players who can step in his role right away.

I would trade Macarthur for Pits 2013 1st round pick straight up. I know Burke was offered a 1st rounder for him at the deadline and looking back at it, he should have taken it for the simple fact that the Leafs have too many bodies.

If your heart is set on Kulimen, a steep over payement would be required or a package involving Kulimen + caps dumps, however I doubt Pitsburg would be willing to touch that.
It was a conditional first and it never cam out what the conditions were.

Cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:38 AM
  #10
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 50
As it stands, they will try JVR at center, if that doesn't work out Kulemin would likely slide down to the 3rd line, he did some 3rd line work when Carlyle came in as coach. If Kulemin is to get traded, I would prefer it to be an upgrade or for #1 center/goalie because otherwise we have no reason to move him. If one of our wingers has to go, I think 95+% of leaf fans would prefer it to be MacArthur. Trying to trade for Kulemin will be tough.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:55 AM
  #11
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Because Kulemin is going to get you a number 1 center. I agree that's what you need... however even if you received a top 6 guy... where do they play? You have 5 top 6 wingers and 1 center. One of those wingers is going to be the odd man out, and I don't see it being Kessel, Lupul or JVR.

It's possible that he's included in a deal for Luongo... however Leafs would have to add a significant piece (prospect and likely a pick as well) as it wouldn't center around Kulemin.

With Harding signing a 3 yr extension, it's possible Backstrom is moved sometime this season... however he'll cost more than Kulemin is worth as well.

Don't get me wrong... I like him, and expect him to do a lot better than last year (assuming he gets top 6 icetime). However if he can't get top 6 icetime, then I don't see him doing much more than 10-15 goals. At which point moving him for another player/prospect isn't a bad thing.
Having 5 top 6 wingers is not a problem -- it's a luxury. While we don't necessarily need all 5, it doesn't hurt to have them. Furthermore, if the Leafs are going to unload a winger -- Kulemin isn't going to be the odd man out. He's capable of scoring 30 goals, he's one of our best defensive forwards, and brings the size that Toronto needs up there. IF somebody's going to go, it should be Kadri or MacArthur.

So, it's not a matter of what the market deems Kulemin to be "worth" -- it's a matter of what makes the Leafs a better team without Kulemin. I suspect they're happy with the blueline of Phaneuf, Gunnarsson, Liles, Komisarek, Gardiner, Franson and Blacker/Mikus as the #7. They've gotta be happy with their winger contingent except for potentially adding another checking winger (which you're obviously not going to trade Kulemin for).

They need a centre who's an upgrade on Connolly/Bozak, and a goaltender who's an upgrade on Scrivens... that's it. If Pittsburgh isn't prepared to offer one of those assets, there's really nothing to discuss. In any trade where valuable players are involved, both teams have to be getting something they actually want.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:06 AM
  #12
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,246
vCash: 500
It's more likely Cmac moves to the third line or traded. Or we try JVR out at center

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:11 AM
  #13
Happy Kadri
#happykadri
 
Happy Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peterborough, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500


Tyler Kennedy



Nikolai Kulemin


Leafs would get a "good Canadian boy" from Sault Ste Marie

Happy Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:18 AM
  #14
PhiladelphiaKessel
DontCrossthe****Line
 
PhiladelphiaKessel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post


Tyler Kennedy



Nikolai Kulemin


Leafs would get a "good Canadian boy" from Sault Ste Marie
Do. Not. Want.

PhiladelphiaKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:19 AM
  #15
Happy Kadri
#happykadri
 
Happy Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peterborough, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaKessel View Post
Do. Not. Want.
Can't blame a guy for trying

I honestly think if the Leafs are going to get Luongo then Kulemin will be part of that deal.

Happy Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:03 AM
  #16
QMJHLfollower
Registered User
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,002
vCash: 500
We need to keep Nikolai Kulemin.

Clarke MacArthur and Kenny Ryan for Eric Tangradi, Dustin Jeffrey and Ben Lovejoy.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:05 AM
  #17
Happy Kadri
#happykadri
 
Happy Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peterborough, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
We need to keep Nikolai Kulemin.

Clarke MacArthur and Kenny Ryan for Eric Tangradi, Dustin Jeffrey and Ben Lovejoy.
MacArthur would be third line and being paid too much to be there. No thanks.

Happy Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:05 AM
  #18
Gavy
Registered User
 
Gavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post


Tyler Kennedy



Nikolai Kulemin


Leafs would get a "good Canadian boy" from Sault Ste Marie
No thanks, Kulemin has more scoring potential and he hits and doesn't make mistakes. I just really like Kulemin lol.

Is Tyler Kennedy a fan favourite in Pittsburgh?

Gavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:21 AM
  #19
PhiladelphiaKessel
DontCrossthe****Line
 
PhiladelphiaKessel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
Can't blame a guy for trying

I honestly think if the Leafs are going to get Luongo then Kulemin will be part of that deal.
Its not like i have anything against Kennedy, its just i'd like to keep Kulemin cause of his size. With the addition of JVR, we've added size up front but if we move Kulemin were back were we started, only one big forward.

And if thats the asking price i hope burke stays away

PhiladelphiaKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:22 AM
  #20
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 12,694
vCash: 500
I agree that the Pens just don't have the right pieces to get him with Staal gone.

It just hit me how weird it will be not being bugged by Leafs fans trying to acquire Staal from now on.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:28 AM
  #21
Pyromaniac3
Registered User
 
Pyromaniac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: India
Posts: 3,073
vCash: 500
Unless you are going to offer serious upgrade over Kulemin, he won't be going to Pittsburgh.

Pyromaniac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:29 AM
  #22
torrencemd
Registered User
 
torrencemd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
#1 center or #1 goalie, thats all we need. We don't need any borderline top 6 guys. Unless you are willing to discuss Fleury, Malkin, or Crosby which you aren't.... PEACE.
Thats true Toronto has been on that cusp of winning a cup for years as evidence by their multiple trips to the cup finals...uh i mean playof... uh nm...

torrencemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:33 AM
  #23
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Because Kulemin is going to get you a number 1 center. I agree that's what you need... however even if you received a top 6 guy... where do they play? You have 5 top 6 wingers and 1 center. One of those wingers is going to be the odd man out, and I don't see it being Kessel, Lupul or JVR.

It's possible that he's included in a deal for Luongo... however Leafs would have to add a significant piece (prospect and likely a pick as well) as it wouldn't center around Kulemin.

With Harding signing a 3 yr extension, it's possible Backstrom is moved sometime this season... however he'll cost more than Kulemin is worth as well.

Don't get me wrong... I like him, and expect him to do a lot better than last year (assuming he gets top 6 icetime). However if he can't get top 6 icetime, then I don't see him doing much more than 10-15 goals. At which point moving him for another player/prospect isn't a bad thing.

Kessel has played center before so if needed be he can be converted.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:48 AM
  #24
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!
 
Cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,893
vCash: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Kessel has played center before so if needed be he can be converted.
Kessel has been terrible at center in the nhl. Not good enough defensively and very poor on faceoffs.

I have always thought Kule was a guy who would make a decent center, tho it is pretty late in the game to try to move him over.

He is has been decent on faceoffs when the center was thrown out.


Last edited by Cyris: 06-24-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:58 AM
  #25
TorontoTrades
Registered User
 
TorontoTrades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
MacArthur is likely the odd man out.

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.