TNA Impact Discussion Thread ; NO SPOILERS

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Captain, I am talking in terms of my own enjoyment of the quality they are putting on tv. It's like in CM Punk's famous promo, WWE makes money in spite of itself.

I haven't enjoyed much of RAW since Extreme Rules. Smackdown seems as irrelevant as its ever been in a while. Good luck getting a big boost in PPV buys with Lesnar now that he's been beaten by Cena and hasn't been on TV since. They already ****ed that up.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:49 AM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Captain, I am talking in terms of my own enjoyment of the quality they are putting on tv. It's like in CM Punk's famous promo, WWE makes money in spite of itself.

I haven't enjoyed much of RAW since Extreme Rules. Smackdown seems as irrelevant as its ever been in a while. Good luck getting a big boost in PPV buys with Lesnar now that he's been beaten by Cena and hasn't been on TV since. They already ****ed that up.
As much as Raw has become confusing story line wise, I find a lot of things about TNA to be nearly unwatchable with the last straw being the Bischoff and Hogan sibling pushes.

Don't get me wrong they have some great wrestlers there. I've always been a fan of Style's the wrestler, I was a huge fan of Samoa Joe. But they've been wrecked by booking to the point that Styles is pretty much a nothing player in the game, and Joe is so discontented that he's put on about 300 pounds.

Their strengths used to be the X-Division and the knockouts. But the Knockouts have gone from being solid performers who carried their segment to experts in the slow ring entrance and again, they are wrecked by the creative process.

Every time I hear Hogan or Stings or Bishoffs music I turn the channel and its hard to turn back.

I would argue that in your original statement you could replace WWE with TNA and replace TNA with ROH.

That's the wrestling show that Spike should have gone after.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:59 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 114
I was really going to give Impact a chance tonight.

So I turn it on and it's Al Snow, Taz and some guy breaking kayfabe in some long, awful segment

And up next is Brooke Hogan

I'm out

Old
06-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Starsfan24
Let's Go Cubbies

A friend offered me a ticket to Slammiversary this Sunday, and I'm wondering if I should go. I don't watch TNA at all, but it might still be cool to go. Has TNA been worth a crap to watch lately?

Old
06-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan24 View Post
A friend offered me a ticket to Slammiversary this Sunday, and I'm wondering if I should go. I don't watch TNA at all, but it might still be cool to go. Has TNA been worth a crap to watch lately?
The PPV looks like absolute *******.

BUTTTTTTT... I would go.

Besides an ridiculously weak card, it also has a match at has the potential to be MOTY in Kurt Angle & AJ Styles vs. Kazarian & Daniels for the Tag Team Titles. That match will be epic.

If you've never seen Sting before, now is your chance. He's a legend even if he's not that good anymore. He's wrestling Bobby Roode for the World Title. The match should be okay.

Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park is stupid. Devon/Bischoff vs. Robbie T and Robbie E is also stupid.

Hopefully some better matches get announced this week.

They had Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe advertised but took it down. If that match gets announced, you have two potential MOTY surround a bunch of crap.

Either way, I'd go.

Old
06-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
WWE has been mostly in the crapper since their last PPV, IMO. TNA has been providing the better TV show for about a month at this point.

If it's a free ticket, take it.

Old
06-05-2012, 10:08 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Same old TNA. Right idea, horrible execution.

Old
06-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Same old TNA. Right idea, horrible execution.
Right idea?

Bully Ray vs Joseph Park is "right idea?"

Old
06-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Natey
#feelthelove

I'd definitely go now. The card looks solid.

AJ Styles & Kurt Angle vs. Daniels & Kazarian.
Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe.

Two MOTYC right there.

Kash vs. Hernandez might be okay. And RVD vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy might be okay too.

As well as seeing a living legend in Sting wrestle for the World Title.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Sens4thecup

WWE superstar Christian will be appearing at slammiversery

Old
06-09-2012, 02:15 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

plus it looks like Crimson and his open challenge will land someone with a name to enter TNA...

Though it appears as if ex-WWE wrestler Chris Masters is the likely guy as he just had a tryout match in TNA....though with Crimson calling out Goldberg, that could be real cool...

Should be a good card, nothing great at all...

TNA needs to inject some new talent in the ranks as they have lost a lot of the guys that were actual top wrestlers and have replaced them with very little...

Masters will be decent in TNA, though I doubt he really becomes a top player in the company, but I am holding out hope for Goldberg as I have always been a mark for him, even if he is old has 3 moves, he would still be awesome to se at the p.p.v

I will order it as I love when they go on the road, hopefully they get some great matches, get the crowd into it right away, and get a Masters/Goldberg entrance to the company and with Christian Cage going to be there as well....should be very interesting to see none the less...

Aries vs Joe is going to be awesome

Daniels/Kaz vs AJ/Angle will be very good as well

Roode vs Sting will be good, but Roode is going to have to carry the load here...

TNA going live on Thursday will help, but the energy needs to get picked up and the wrestling matches need to start getting more intense

Old
06-09-2012, 02:39 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

or the black MMA guy they signed could come out and fight Crimson....not the best thing I would want, but would be interesting none the less

Old
06-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Habsfan18

3 masked men attacked Sting to end tonight's show. Will be interesting to see where they go with this. Whatever happens, it likely won't make much sense.

06-14-2012, 11:00 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Right idea?

Bully Ray vs Joseph Park is "right idea?"
I meant the Kayfabe part. If they took that & made a reality show type thing it would be great. Similar in the fashion of something like HBO's 24/7 Wrestling fans would come out in droves to watch that but it would have to be separated from the actual show. It also can't be half assed & semi scripted like that segment. Like a beyond the mat type thing weekly.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:50 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
3 masked men attacked Sting to end tonight's show. Will be interesting to see where they go with this. Whatever happens, it likely won't make much sense.
Wonder if they're related to the ninja's that kidnapped Samoa Joe?

Old
06-21-2012, 10:02 PM
BrickAHL
Not actually a brick

vCash: 50
That acting by that chick was horrible.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

I guess 3 good shows in a row is too much to ask of TNA.

The matches were complete jokes tonight.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:53 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Any stuff on the ninjas? Who were they?

Old
06-22-2012, 06:40 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
Wonder if they're related to the ninja's that kidnapped Samoa Joe?
Nah, the ninja's worked for Jenny Craig.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:41 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Impact was terrible on Thursday....thats the kind of show that should get people fired....

the open fight night stuff is the dumbest **** I have seen...it just gives the writers an excuse to not come up with anything....same with the Bound for Glory tourney....that again is just matches for the sake of matches, no build up or heat...dumb ****...

the ending was almost as bad as Russo winning the WCW heavyweight belt years back....it made no sense, was drawn out and awkward, and simply had no payout...

TNA had a few great shows and ppv in a row going, then they throw this steaming pile of **** at us....come on guys, my 5 year old could have came up with better stuff then that....

i had to laugh when my brother called me up and asked "didnt they get rid of Russo?"

Old
06-23-2012, 01:43 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Any stuff on the ninjas? Who were they?
again, they built up a great thing, and dropped the ball on it. not a single mention of it, not a clip, a blurb, simply nothing.....I just dont get who makes the final calls at TNA, but this **** is beyond old

Old
06-23-2012, 02:25 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 1200
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
same with the Bound for Glory tourney....that again is just matches for the sake of matches, no build up or heat...dumb ****...
How quick some forget that it was the Bound for Glory tournament that they used to elevate Roode and Storm last year and helped get them to the level they are at now AND built Bully up as a legit singles guy AND built Gunner up although they really haven't done all that much since with him. You'd think someone who has followed TNA as long as you claim to would not need to be reminded of this.

Somehow, I doubt many are complaining about the results at this point as Roode is the number 1 guy in the company, Storm is one of the most over faces, Bully is one of the most over heels. BFG series proved a resounding success and provided a bunch of great matches in the process. Of course funnily enough, Roode lost to Angle at the end of it and people on here were screaming OMFG STUPID TNA WHO IS THE MORON WHO BOOKED THIS WHAT AN IDIOT, yet, it seemed to work out perfectly well didn't it lol, typical IWC booking experts of course.

The irony is that you complain that it's just "matches for the sake of matches" when, in actual fact, it gives matches much more meaning than most matches that are on TV because they are all actually worth something, and this became more and more important last year as the BFG tourney progressed. The heat and build up came over time, not everything needs to be served up instantly for the microwave generation.

Understand the concept of the Bound for Glory series you clearly do not. I suspect you also didn't watch it last year...

Last edited by Morozov: 06-23-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old
06-23-2012, 04:11 AM
17futurecap

Casual viewer of TNA, and I like the Bound for Glory series. Gives TV matches some worth. Also they did a good job fixing it this year by making sure every guy is wrestling the same amount of matches.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:16 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 1200
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Casual viewer of TNA, and I like the Bound for Glory series. Gives TV matches some worth. Also they did a good job fixing it this year by making sure every guy is wrestling the same amount of matches.
Yeah this was the major problem with it last year, definitely good that it was addressed.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

i agree on the BFG stuff...i feel the matches mean more when its about the points and a final end with the series...and like it was said, it made the careers of Roode and Storm and I'm sure someone else will be elevated this year...

Closed Thread