HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLV All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
The Bruins traded Pouliot to Tampa Bay for forward Michel Ouellet and a fifth-round pick in Saturday’s draft. With that selection, 131st overall, the Bruins selected center Seth Griffith.

LINK
Not missing pouliot but again the question needs to be asked. Why can other gms find homes for players and get assets back trading players gauthier couldn't .

It's a rhetorical question, gauthier was an idiot.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:54 AM
googlymoogly

It seems crazy that Jersey kept their 1st this year when they would be picking 29. It would of made sense to drop it under their penalty for the Kovalchuk contract. The only reason I am thinking they decided to gamble was they might of been going after Subban to replace the aging Brodeur but got derailed by Boston picking him up.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Miller Time

I would welcome Lats back... could be a great addition and given his health concerns and ties to Quebec, could potentially welcome a 1-year deal to get his career back on track.

He'd be a good fit on either Plek's or Eller's wing, and if he's matured and/or is serious about having a successful career, he would have the perfect opportunity in our lineup and with a guy like Therrien coaching him.

would seem like a very good match for both sides, i'd be pleased to see it happen.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
I would welcome Lats back...
Not me!! He was always outta shape and always with some injury, I dont miss him at all...

Old
06-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
It seems crazy that Jersey kept their 1st this year when they would be picking 29. It would of made sense to drop it under their penalty for the Kovalchuk contract. The only reason I am thinking they decided to gamble was they might of been going after Subban to replace the aging Brodeur but got derailed by Boston picking him up.
They're hosting next years draft too, so it's unlikely they'll give that one up. The better hope to reach the Cup final the year after then, as they'll be forced to give up that one.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:35 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Id give Lats a 1 year deal here. We need size and scoring ability on the wing. If he has learned his lesson about how he can be successful in the league (my main problem when he was here despite not being sent back to the AHL once he was eligible); then he is a worthwhile gamble.

Patches-DD-Cole
Latendresse-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Eller-Moen
White-UFA Center-Staubitz or Dumont or Conboy

Old
06-24-2012, 12:45 PM
thedoor81

Sheldon Souray

I was thinking about the need of having a big veteran defenceman (my opinion) and then the name of Souray came out.

He had a good year in Dallas stats wise: 64gp 6g 15a 21pts 73pim +11, he got more PK icetime than PP. Not much of a hitter, but according to forecaster, he's an adept at clearing the front of the net and at protecting teammates, which is what we need. Turnovers are still a concern with him (ranked second in D for GV with Dallas) but I think if you reduce is 5 on 5 icetime (by putting him on the third pairing), his GV numbers will not hurt.

Let's say somehow Kaberle is gone (trade, waiver, buy-out) would you be happy if Bergevin signs him on a 1 or 2 years deal?

markov - emelin
subban - gorges
diaz - souray

Old
06-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Mike8

No. Souray's no good in today's NHL.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:50 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Not me!! He was always outta shape and always with some injury, I dont miss him at all...
Lats leant to become a Pro with the Wild.. He never should have made the team at 19 and should have played at least 1 season in the AHL before making the jump with the Habs.. Hes had it too easy and this is a very good prospect we lost cause we missed the developmental part on this one.. Lats has become a way more dynamic player, he is pretty involved in the game, has found his junior scoring instincts back and if he hadnt been so unlucky with injuries, he would have been in a position to ask for about 3 - 3.5M this summer.. He is a very very interesting gamble cause if he can stay healthy for the most part of the season, he will play a very important role with the team adding some very serious depth.. In other words, little risk, huge reward type of short term signing..

Old
06-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Lats back for sure. He's leaned and will surely want to proove where's he's at and that he should have never left. Something I also think by the way. So for me, that's pretty obvious. I hope it's what he wants as well.

Old
06-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Et le But

I have no problem bringing Lats back. After all he's been through he's learned not to take his place for granted. Plus, his presence will satisfy a certain section of the media which, let's be honest, is a bonus here.

My only concern is he's a concussion away from being finished. I won't feel comfortable if that's the only depth brought in but bringing back Lats for cheap would be great.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Lats back for sure. He's leaned and will surely want to proove where's he's at and that he should have never left. Something I also think by the way. So for me, that's pretty obvious. I hope it's what he wants as well.
We need a legitimate top 6 LW. Pretty sure Gionta is more complete when it comes to RW top 6 material. Unless you're thinking 3rd line with replacements on the top 6, then yeah, why not.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Lats leant to become a Pro with the Wild.. He never should have made the team at 19 and should have played at least 1 season in the AHL before making the jump with the Habs.. Hes had it too easy and this is a very good prospect we lost cause we missed the developmental part on this one.. Lats has become a way more dynamic player, he is pretty involved in the game, has found his junior scoring instincts back and if he hadnt been so unlucky with injuries, he would have been in a position to ask for about 3 - 3.5M this summer.. He is a very very interesting gamble cause if he can stay healthy for the most part of the season, he will play a very important role with the team adding some very serious depth.. In other words, little risk, huge reward type of short term signing..
Actually, that was of his damn doing. He had a year left before AHL eligibility, but his agent insisted the Habs sign him now and put him in the NHL or else he would wait for him to go back to the draft so he could be picked by someone else.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
We need a legitimate top 6 LW. Pretty sure Gionta is more complete when it comes to RW top 6 material. Unless you're thinking 3rd line with replacements on the top 6, then yeah, why not.
Well that's more what I was thinking about. The guy cannot be promised a top 6 role, not with what he was battling in his last years. And he'd understand that. Eller with Lats and somebody else...that can't be bad.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Scotianhab

I could see the Bruins being interested in Lats. A replacement for Pouliot. That would suck.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:28 PM
habsfanatics*

I would take lats back for 1 year and ship Rene Bourque to cuba.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:59 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

I'd take lats back in a heartbeat.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

MT will have to find a way to get more out of Bourque. I'm not saying he's a star, but he does have more to offer than what we saw last season.

Like WTK said, I wouldn't mind Lats on a short term basis. Hopefully, he can stay healthy. Bourque could play in a top 6 role as well if you get the most out of him. That's a big "if" though

Old
06-24-2012, 07:02 PM
hockeyfan2k11

What is with this fanbase wanting to bring everyone back (especially when they're at their lowest point)? I can see the "I'll take Rene back" threads after he's traded too.

I'm more of a "see ya later, bud" kinda guy.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Habsfan18

The thing with Lats is while he certainly has skill, he is just so damn slow with a terrible skating stride.

If he just got himself in shape and worked on his skating, I think he could be a damn good player.

Do we know what kind of shape he's in?

IF, and I mean IF, he's gotten himself into good shape, and he was interested in signing a 1 year contract at a low salary, I'd bring him back. Otherwise, no thanks.

06-25-2012, 04:01 PM
HomaridII

Pavelec signs 5 years, 20 million

Old
06-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Pavelec signs 5 years, 20 million
Hahahaha. What a terrible signing. The guy might have been the weakest link on the Jets this season and has a .907 career save percentage. .907 may have been good in the league when the Old Jets were around but it's not good today.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:16 PM
BLONG7

Do you guys think Ribs leaving Dallas has anything to do with BG going to work in Dallas??

Old
06-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
wow, ..honestly i think thats EXACTLY what happened...

Old
06-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Do you guys think Ribs leaving Dallas has anything to do with BG going to work in Dallas??
And they got even less than Niinima!

Closed Thread