Bobby Ryan

Old
06-23-2012, 09:04 PM
McLovin25
Eberle=Clutch

vCash: 500
Bobby Ryan

Sharks fan coming in peace.

Personally i have interest in Bobby Ryan coming to San jose, and frankly i hope DW does as well. obviously we pay more then other teams as we are division rivals, but i think we could make a solid hockey trade.

my proposal for Ryan is Ryan for Pavelski +++

The other guy that pops into my head is Doug Murray.

My overall proposal is

Ryan
2nd 2013

for

Pavelski
Murray
Alex Stalock

Please in counter proposals base your return package around Pavelski as Couture and Burns wont be moved for Ryan. Please keep them reasonable.

McLovin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Ignoring the fact that we would be playing Bobby 6 times a year with trading him to you guys....

It is a nice proposal but remove the 2nd and Stalock. The only problem is both of those players are UFA this year or the next... That is a problem.

As I'm sure you know, I would rather go for Couture.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Unholy

The valule isn't horrible and I would love to get a guy like Pavelski but I don't want to play against Ryan 6 times a year so obviously I would hope to send him away from the division.

06-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
Already better than a lot of what we see from Philly and New York, but can't see him traded to SJS. And then there's the contract thing like Gliff mentioned.

Jesus Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:41 AM
iMark
Rookie User

I wouldn't want to have us facing Ryan 6 times a year which is what it would be if he was to go to the SJS.

iMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:20 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

This probably won't ever happen but... how has Murray been since he took the puck to the throat? I've always had a love/hate feeling toward Murray... hated playing against him but would love to have him on the team.

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Hockeycast

vCash: 794
Hi Ducks fans.
Would you accept Kulikov + Santorelli + Robak + 6th for Ryan ?
or Garrisons rights + Ellerby + Uppshall + Santorelli

Hockeycast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:37 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycast View Post
Hi Ducks fans.
Garrisons rights are useless when dealing with high assets such as Ryan. Same with a 6th round pick

I would think the Ducks would definitely want Kulikov or Gudbranson in any Florida proposal.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Hi Ducks fans.
I'd want Kulikov (or Gudbranson) and Fleischman for Ryan + something small to maybe even it out, but I doubt Panthers fans would be willing to give that for us.

Doothpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:09 PM
High Glove

Here's a proposal:

KEEP RYAN!

High Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:26 PM
rollingdux

I like the keep ryan proposal

Some believe that this situation is beyond repair and that he must be moved. I don't think it is.

rollingdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

If Ryan still wants to play for the Ducks, I'd be more than fine keeping him. If he really is this offended by a few rumours popping up every once in a while, and feels like he isn't wanted here anymore, then trade him. I just think it's stupid to keep a player who doesn't want to play here anymore. I certainly don't know if that's the case here, but if it is then that's my opinion.

Although I honestly think Ryan was just frustrated when he made those comments earlier about him not caring anymore. I don't think he will be traded but you never know.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doothpick View Post
If Ryan still wants to play for the Ducks, I'd be more than fine keeping him. If he really is this offended by a few rumours popping up every once in a while, and feels like he isn't wanted here anymore, then trade him. I just think it's stupid to keep a player who doesn't want to play here anymore. I certainly don't know if that's the case here, but if it is then that's my opinion.

Although I honestly think Ryan was just frustrated when he made those comments earlier about him not caring anymore. I don't think he will be traded but you never know.
I took it as more frustration with the situation and not being able to do anything about it. He may want to play in Philly one day but i didn't see him asking to be traded there.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Hockeycast

vCash: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doothpick View Post
I'd want Kulikov (or Gudbranson) and Fleischman for Ryan + something small to maybe even it out, but I doubt Panthers fans would be willing to give that for us.
We're not giving up both Fleischman and Kulikov but Kulikov + Ellerby + Santorelli could work.

Hockeycast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
I took it as more frustration with the situation and not being able to do anything about it. He may want to play in Philly one day but i didn't see him asking to be traded there.
I was just speculating that if he does want out, then I would certainly think Murray has to do something about it (=trade him). Judging by the comments he gave, I agree it sounds like he's just tired of the continuous rumor mill.

Quote:
We're not giving up both Fleischman and Kulikov but Kulikov + Ellerby + Santorelli could work.
That's what I thought, and I've got to say I don't find Ellerby or Santorelli attractive pieces for a deal for Bobby Ryan.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Well then its a perfect match because we arnt trading Ryan for that

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Elvs

Love Kulikov, but if the Ducks were to move Ryan it should be for a forward or two imo.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Nab77

From Florida: Weiss + Gudbranson for Ryan + forward prospect

This covers our biggest needs: A good 2nd line center + Top 4 tough defensive d-man.

Nab77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Paul4587

Florida won't be trading Weiss, they're weaker at centre than the Ducks are.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Nab77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Florida won't be trading Weiss, they're weaker at centre than the Ducks are.
Propably not but I don't think we're trading Ryan to Florida anyway, so that was just value/needs based.

Nab77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Hi Ducks fans.
There needs to be someone like Shore or Bjugstad in there.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Ashley

Ryan shouldn't be traded to any team in the division. Send him east.

Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:07 AM
puckyeah

I think Ryan has to go or the GM has to go, its too late for Ducks Gm to look Bobby in the eye and convince him that not only do the Ducks want him, but his name will no longer be used in trade proposals and that he is the future of the Ducks.

puckyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckyeah View Post
I think Ryan has to go or the GM has to go, its too late for Ducks Gm to look Bobby in the eye and convince him that not only do the Ducks want him, but his name will no longer be used in trade proposals and that he is the future of the Ducks.
I don't see why that would be the case, at all. Ryan doesn't need to hear that his name is not going to come up on trade rumors any more. That's an unrealistic expectation. There were rumors around him before he played his first NHL season (when people expected us to have to include him in a package to get rid of Mathieu Schneider's contract) and when he hit RFA. Dealing with rumors is a part of his job as an NHL player. He has the power to control that himself, by playing to a level where he earns himself the status of an untouchable with a team or a no-trade clause in a contract. That's up to him, other than that, it's not the Ducks' job to get his name out of the rumor mill. When a team has many star players and the team doesn't live up to expectations, those names are going to be brought up.

It has its advantages that Ryan is such an active and "touchable" person through modern media. But if he can't deal with rumors he's necessarily going to be confronted with on twitter (or whereever), he needs to take a step back from that and focus on playing hockey, and care less about somebody else's job, like the GM's or the journalist's.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I don't see why that would be the case, at all. Ryan doesn't need to hear that his name is not going to come up on trade rumors any more. That's an unrealistic expectation. There were rumors around him before he played his first NHL season (when people expected us to have to include him in a package to get rid of Mathieu Schneider's contract) and when he hit RFA. Dealing with rumors is a part of his job as an NHL player. He has the power to control that himself, by playing to a level where he earns himself the status of an untouchable with a team or a no-trade clause in a contract. That's up to him, other than that, it's not the Ducks' job to get his name out of the rumor mill. When a team has many star players and the team doesn't live up to expectations, those names are going to be brought up.

It has its advantages that Ryan is such an active and "touchable" person through modern media. But if he can't deal with rumors he's necessarily going to be confronted with on twitter (or whereever), he needs to take a step back from that and focus on playing hockey, and care less about somebody else's job, like the GM's or the journalist's.
And if he's looking to escape all that, going to Philly isn't where it's going to happen. Not only has Holmgren shipped off players that were thought to have security, but it's a major hockey market where you won't have to go on Twitter to have the tell you what they think of you.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote