HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan hopes to be traded to Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 12:21 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 500
I'm all for acquiring Bobby Ryan, but I'm probably not going to be happy with the cost. At least one of our good young players is going the other way, the lesser of all evils is Jake but I don't want him to go either.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:24 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
If we trade Coburn AND Voracek I will be pissed.

I understand you have to give to get and we still get Ryan without trading Schenn, Schenn, or Couturier... but Coburn?

I would do Voracek and Mez.

Voracek and Coburn no way.

I have a hard time wanting to include Jake, but this is Bobby Ryan and Ryan is a big upgrade in my eyes.

I would be fine with either Coburn, Read, 1st or Mez, Voracek + whatever. Voracek AND Cobrun in the same package? Lunacy.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:25 PM
UKFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Talk that Coburn is included in the deal for Ryan.

If that happens I will break things. But it just makes too much sense for ana.

Coburn + Read for Ryan.
If that's true then Homer best be certain he can pick up Suter in FA because we'd be heading into the season with a worse defence than what we had at the end of last season. Mez, Read and a 1st I'd be able to deal with, but not Coburn.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:26 PM
nuclear reactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I'd be super pissed.
Coburn has the speed that the Ducks need. He is valuable enough not to have to include Read. Coburn and a 1st. Nothing more.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:26 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:

Coburn + Read for Ryan.
Where are you hearing this?

Old
06-24-2012, 12:30 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
No source = in his head.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear reactor View Post
Coburn has the speed that the Ducks need. He is valuable enough not to have to include Read. Coburn and a 1st. Nothing more.
Our defense takes a huge step back by trading Coburn.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Apparently one of the Blue Jackets radio guys repeated the rumor, or something. That's how it came into the Trade Forum thread.

I think he's probably just spit-balling. Putting two and two together and getting seven.

Voracek + Mezsaros might make sense in light of the acquisition of Schenn.

The acquisition of Schenn should do nothing to impact Coburn's value to the team--and it is pretty hard to imagine the organization believing otherwise.

EDIT: Here it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Damn, I hope this rumor has no legs. Taken from PhilaPhans, via Orange and Black.net.

"Jeff Rimer (Blue Jackets play by play) was just on the radio here in Columbus and said he heard it will be Voracek and Coburn to Ducks for Ryan, that the Schenn trade was absolutely a precursor.

Old
hockeyfreak7

Ah, Coburn makes a ton of sense for Anaheim to pursue. I was shocked no one on the trade board suggested Coburn be involved in a deal for Ryan...

If it's Coburn+something small, I think I could handle it. But if we have to give up Jake (I doubt it) or even Read along with Coburn, I dont think I'll be too pleased.

Although I love Ryan. He really seems to fit.

Old
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
If we trade Coburn AND Voracek I will be pissed.

I understand you have to give to get and we still get Ryan without trading Schenn, Schenn, or Couturier... but Coburn?

I would do Voracek and Mez.

Voracek and Coburn no way.

I have a hard time wanting to include Jake, but this is Bobby Ryan and Ryan is a big upgrade in my eyes.

I would be fine with either Coburn, Read, 1st or Mez, Voracek + whatever. Voracek AND Cobrun in the same package? Lunacy.
Yeah I feel the same way kind of. Voracek + Mez I'd do. Read + Coburn I'd do. Voracek and Coburn I don't approve (unless there is something else in the works to sure up the defense). Ideally it would be Read + Mez + whatever picks/prospects (MAB? Gus?), but I don't think Anaheim bites that. But man if they could swing something without dealing Voracek or Coburn. Shew.

Hartnell-G-Ryan
Schenn-Briere-Voracek
Simmonds-Couturier-UFA (Langenbrunner would be awesome)
Sestito-Talbot-Wellwood
Rinaldo

Coburn-Schenn
Timonen-Carle
Grossman-UFA or one of the young cats
Lilja

Old
06-24-2012, 12:35 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:

Coburn + Read for Ryan.
you been hanging around with flyersguru lately?

Old
06-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Management is just stupid. I like the talent they acquire in these trades but you can't just keep this revolving roster going.

I'm sorry but Coubrn is our most reliable defenseman. What sense does that make? Mez isn't ready for any type of increased role. Not only that why not just go with the safer option by signing a free agent winger? Just stupid if this trade is true. I understand the love for Ryan. But that love is just blind and down right retarded.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

No way I'd trade Coburn, he was our best dman in the playoffs and a lot of last year. I would trade Meszaros, Voracek, and maybe a pick. But I definitely wouldn't trade Coburn in any package for Ryan.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:39 PM
healthyscratch

Cool, thanks for the info guys.

Adding Schenn and subtracting Coburn is a step back on defense IMO.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the info guys.

Adding Schenn and subtracting Coburn is a step back on defense IMO.
A huge setback. The unknown Schenn and increased time for Mez.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:44 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Management is just stupid. I like the talent they acquire in these trades but you can't just keep this revolving roster going.

I'm sorry but Coubrn is our most reliable defenseman. What sense does that make? Mez isn't ready for any type of increased role. Not only that why not just go with the safer option by signing a free agent winger? Just stupid if this trade is true. I understand the love for Ryan. But that love is just blind and down right retarded.
Soooo.....management is stupid because you heard a rumor that Coburn was being traded?

At least wait for him to be traded before criticizing management.

The same thing happened with Schenn (Brayden). His name got involved in the rumors, everyone freaked out, then it came out that Holmgren was totally against moving him. For all we know, Murray is asking for Coburn and Holmgren is pushing Meszaros instead...

I'm completely against trading Coburn, but, jeez
, people need to wait for all the facts to make these judgments.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Soooo.....management is stupid because you heard a rumor that Coburn was being traded?

The same thing happened with Schenn (Brayden). His name got involved in the rumors, everyone freaked out, then it came out that Holmgren was totally against moving him. For all we know, Murray is asking for Coburn and Holmgren is pushing Meszaros instead...

Did you not just read what i said "if this trade is true".

Old
06-24-2012, 12:47 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post

Let's not forget that a trade today that you don't like because of the step back on defense could easily be forgotten but a trade or signing tomorrow that improves the defense. I agree losing Coburn (and other potential assets) for Bobby Ryan may not help out the defense at all, but if they make significant signings or another trade, that will be forgotten. Let's wait until they get their team settled to start saying how dumb the management is.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Let's not forget that a trade today that you don't like because of the step back on defense could easily be forgotten but a trade or signing tomorrow that improves the defense. I agree losing Coburn (and other potential assets) for Bobby Ryan may not help out the defense at all, but if they make significant signings or another trade, that will be forgotten. Let's wait until they get their team settled to start saying how dumb the management is.
Maybe but this revolving door on the roster sooner or later needs to die down. Let these guys become a damn team. You can't have that when every year guys are shipped in and shipped out.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:49 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Did you not just read what i said "if this trade is true".
Your first sentence was "Management is so stupid".

There's really only so many ways to interpret that sentence

All I'm saying is just let this play out before getting all worked up.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:53 PM
DickTony

If Coburn is moved for anything short of Shea Weber or ****ing Chara, it's going to set this team back to the early 90s.

But considering Coby's got a brand new long term extension at a reasonable and team friendly cap hit, I fully expect him to be shipped out for the rights to Shane Doan tomorrow afternoon, exactly an hour after being told he'll be a Flyer for life.

Holmgren has to go. What happens when Schenn, Giroux, and Coots are up for new contracts? Would you sign a hometown discount with a team that has shown no loyalty to so many of your former team mates?

Old
06-24-2012, 12:58 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Maybe but this revolving door on the roster sooner or later needs to die down. Let these guys become a damn team. You can't have that when every year guys are shipped in and shipped out.
It does but it doesn't. You don't stop getting better players just because they would be new players. Obviously I do not advocate trading every player every year, but any team would be silly to reject a trade they think will improve their team just so the guys on the team now, who are not as good as the guy they are getting, can get better chemistry.

Old
06-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
It does but it doesn't. You don't stop getting better players just because they would be new players. Obviously I do not advocate trading every player every year, but any team would be silly to reject a trade they think will improve their team just so the guys on the team now, who are not as good as the guy they are getting, can get better chemistry.
Yes but keep the core talented players together. Let them compete unless they totally suck. Coburn is a part of that core. The most reliable defenseman. he is hardly ever injured. We're going to trade him and go to a guy who just had back surgery and an underachieving young d-man? Stupid if it happens IMO.

Old
06-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Top Cheese Danish

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Holmgren has to go. What happens when Schenn, Giroux, and Coots are up for new contracts? Would you sign a hometown discount with a team that has shown no loyalty to so many of your former team mates?
Schenn will stay - his brother will still be here. Giroux will squeeze this franchise dry of every penny it has. He'll ask for top dollar or he'll walk, and why not? If you're gonna get traded to Edmonton two days after signing your contract, you'd better make sure you'll be making $8 million per year.

Old
06-24-2012, 01:17 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Yes but keep the core talented players together. Let them compete unless they totally suck. Coburn is a part of that core. The most reliable defenseman. he is hardly ever injured. We're going to trade him and go to a guy who just had back surgery and an underachieving young d-man? Stupid if it happens IMO.
Well again we don't know who may also be brought in on the blueline if Coburn is traded. If we go with MAB/Gus as the bottom pairing, I don't think it is a smart move. But if they deal Coburn and bring in someone of similar skill either by trade or signing, I don't think it will be an issue. All I'm saying is wait and see. People called the JvR Schenn deal the worst move in franchise history and neither player has even put on the other team's jersey yet. Trading Coburn may not be a smart move in a vcauum, but it may work out in the end depending on what goes down after it and what comes back in return.

Closed Thread