HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs select Tim Bozon - 64th overall

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2012, 09:31 AM
  #51
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Our WHL scout Ryan Jankowski deserves some credit for this pick too I would imagine - Bozon said at the combine that Jankowski had shown tons of interest in him the whole season.

My guess the main reason why he fell is because it's hard for old school GM's and scouts to think France can produce a quality NHL forward.
This guy was already part of the hockey family.(Kids of NHLers are not exactly unknown) I would be surprised if the fact that he was French was a problem at all.

SOLR is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:18 AM
  #52
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,356
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Bloodlines, he has them, Timmins loves them.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:47 AM
  #53
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,141
vCash: 500
Again, it's because of that LA Kings size syndrome. To think this kid went 64th with 36 goals in his first season in North America is crazy. He had 11 more goals than Mitch Moroz had points. And it's not like he's a midget, he's 6'0 and works hard.

Who cares though, let other teams pay a premium for size, the Habs can just keep picking talent.

le_sean is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:49 AM
  #54
Vi Nc E x13x
Registered User
 
Vi Nc E x13x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Again, it's because of that LA Kings size syndrome. To think this kid went 64th with 36 goals in his first season in North America is crazy. He had 11 more goals than Mitch Moroz had points. And it's not like he's a midget, he's 6'0 and works hard.

Who cares though, let other teams pay a premium for size, the Habs can just keep picking talent.
Exactly ... I love this pick for the habs Tim has sick hands!

Vi Nc E x13x is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:06 AM
  #55
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen is Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Our WHL scout Ryan Jankowski deserves some credit for this pick too I would imagine - Bozon said at the combine that Jankowski had shown tons of interest in him the whole season.

My guess the main reason why he fell is because it's hard for old school GM's and scouts to think France can produce a quality NHL forward.
His father is french, but he spent most of his time in Switzerland after his NHL career (playing and coaching). Tim already played for U18 France national team although we can't say he is a product of french hockey.

In the eyes of NHL GMs or scouts, he is considered as a swiss prospect. And Switzerland proved they can produce NHL-level players, so I don't think this is what made him fall in the Draft.

IMHO many teams rushed to pick D's in the early rounds and they thought players like Tim would still be available later. It's almost like the Habs went upstream in this Draft.

Time will tell, but right now it looks like they did really well

Moen is Gone is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:10 AM
  #56
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Again, it's because of that LA Kings size syndrome. To think this kid went 64th with 36 goals in his first season in North America is crazy. He had 11 more goals than Mitch Moroz had points. And it's not like he's a midget, he's 6'0 and works hard.

Who cares though, let other teams pay a premium for size, the Habs can just keep picking talent.
Never understood that concept. LA won because of their crazy depth and Quick, not because of size. Looking at their top-6, their most physical players actually aren't that tall. Richards and Brown are the most physical scoring forwards and they're 5'11" and 6'0" respectively. Its a lot easier to find guys like Greene, Stoll and King through Trades and Free Agency than it is to find guys like Kopitar, Doughty and Quick.

Captain Smurf is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 12:09 PM
  #57
Zaide
I'm a renegade
 
Zaide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montréal
Country: uriname
Posts: 65,475
vCash: 500
I would hope they invited this player at their camp.
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=64328

__________________
Zaide is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:32 PM
  #58
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
tim bozon ‏@timbozon94

See ya pittsburgh ...destination switzerland and come back wednesday to montreal !! #greatweekend #Habs @Trichard27 http://pic.twitter.com/g9HApFjs
Pretty pumped for dev camp part 2.

__________________
Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1382901
Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:34 PM
  #59
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Pretty pumped for dev camp part 2.
Lol came here to post that. He looks pretty big. Not oversized, but doesnt look like he will get pushed around easily. + Timmins said they both agreed he needed to put some weight on. Could end up being a Max Pacioretty type of player. Not all big hits, but smart hockey with size

Dont know if this was posted

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:05 PM
  #60
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 500
It's traditional for oversized wingers to move up and undersized wingers to slide down on draft day. Ditto for all positions, really. In Collberg and Bozon I really think the Habs have gotten guys that are more physical and capable of using their skills in traffic than many players who are an inch or two taller. They could be Palushaj-types (ie pretty much busts) but they have huge upside without huge flaws in their games.

It's still sinking in that pretty much all our top five picks are high quality NHL prospects in their own ways.

Bullsmith is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:12 PM
  #61
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
It's traditional for oversized wingers to move up and undersized wingers to slide down on draft day. Ditto for all positions, really. In Collberg and Bozon I really think the Habs have gotten guys that are more physical and capable of using their skills in traffic than many players who are an inch or two taller. They could be Palushaj-types (ie pretty much busts) but they have huge upside without huge flaws in their games.

It's still sinking in that pretty much all our top five picks are high quality NHL prospects in their own ways.
It is nice to have some 2nd rounders for once. The past management were trading away too much youth and picks and it is why the Habs depth got weakened so fast. If we can get 2-3 NHLers from this draft and another 2-3 next year with all the picks Habs could be contenders in 3-5 years.

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:40 PM
  #62
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 54,582
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
His father is french, but he spent most of his time in Switzerland after his NHL career (playing and coaching). Tim already played for U18 France national team although we can't say he is a product of french hockey.

In the eyes of NHL GMs or scouts, he is considered as a swiss prospect. And Switzerland proved they can produce NHL-level players, so I don't think this is what made him fall in the Draft.
Well even then...the next good Swiss NHL forward will be the first, right? It will most likely be Sven since the Isles were morons with Nino.

It's the same BS for why Kopitar went 11th because no player had come out of Slovenia, when there's no track record from that country, GMs/scouts can be scared.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:19 PM
  #63
chrisralph007
HFB Partner
 
chrisralph007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Bozon's Next Ones in depth profile:
http://thehockeywriters.com/tim-bozo...pect-profiles/

He ended up ranked 23rd overall in Next Ones Final Rankings (Top150)
http://thehockeywriters.com/2012-nhl...inal-rankings/

& 22nd overall in fantasy-based rankings based on pure offensive upside:
http://thehockeywriters.com/2012-nhl...ased-rankings/

chrisralph007 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:38 PM
  #64
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,454
vCash: 500
Wicked shot!

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:42 PM
  #65
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen is Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Well even then...the next good Swiss NHL forward will be the first, right? It will most likely be Sven since the Isles were morons with Nino.

It's the same BS for why Kopitar went 11th because no player had come out of Slovenia, when there's no track record from that country, GMs/scouts can be scared.
Yes, most of them were either goalies or defensemen

Moen is Gone is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 06:10 PM
  #66
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,779
vCash: 500
tim bozon ‏@timbozon94
Unbelievebal feeling! Phone's been off the hook! Thank you all #habsnation #bestfans

HomaridII is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:31 PM
  #67
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,772
vCash: 500
Don't want to start a controversy....but I don't think his real name is Tim.....Seems that it's......Timothé. Reason why he changed it at Tim....TVA Sports should be all over that....from Raymond Bourque to Ray Bourque, from Daniel Brière to Danny Brière and now from Timothé Bozon to Tim Bozon.....(just in case....)

http://thehockeywriters.com/tim-bozo...pect-profiles/

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:37 PM
  #68
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Don't want to start a controversy....but I don't think his real name is Tim.....Seems that it's......Timothé. Reason why he changed it at Tim....TVA Sports should be all over that....from Raymond Bourque to Ray Bourque, from Daniel Brière to Danny Brière and now from Timothé Bozon to Tim Bozon.....(just in case....)

http://thehockeywriters.com/tim-bozo...pect-profiles/
We don't care, he's not a quebecois anyway.... so screw him


And about the blood lines it's never a garantee of success.... let's all remember Ray Bourque's kids or the incredible Steve Gainey....

HABsurde is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:43 PM
  #69
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
We don't care, he's not a quebecois anyway.... so screw him


And about the blood lines it's never a garantee of success.... let's all remember Ray Bourque's kids or the incredible Steve Gainey....
Those are kids picked high based on their names though. It's not like Tim's Dad was a great player, he spent most of his career in Europe. Tim really has nothing to try to live up to.

From what I remember, Tim had a slow second half. So let's hope he bounces back and learns to pace himself.

le_sean is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:01 PM
  #70
Dwight
The French Tickler
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,823
vCash: 500
Internationally, does Tim play for France?

Dwight is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:01 PM
  #71
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Internationally, does Tim play for France?
Yep.

overlords is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:02 PM
  #72
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Those are kids picked high based on their names though. It's not like Tim's Dad was a great player, he spent most of his career in Europe. Tim really has nothing to try to live up to.

From what I remember, Tim had a slow second half. So let's hope he bounces back and learns to pace himself.
if it was is first time playing such a heavy schedule with the traveling of the WHL, i would expect a slower second half, but talent is talent and he should overcome schedule and traveling....

HABsurde is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:22 PM
  #73
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Internationally, does Tim play for France?
He chose France because his his grand-father would have whooped his butt if not.

Kimota is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:29 PM
  #74
SonOfGom
Registered User
 
SonOfGom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Don't want to start a controversy....but I don't think his real name is Tim.....Seems that it's......Timothé. Reason why he changed it at Tim....TVA Sports should be all over that....from Raymond Bourque to Ray Bourque, from Daniel Brière to Danny Brière and now from Timothé Bozon to Tim Bozon.....(just in case....)

http://thehockeywriters.com/tim-bozo...pect-profiles/
Timbozon sounds like a Caribbean dance

SonOfGom is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:32 PM
  #75
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGom View Post
Timbozon sounds like a Caribbean dance
Bozon sounds more like a Superstar Brazilian soccer player IMO.

(With the S instead of the Z in the pronounciation of Bozon)
Boson GOLLLAASSOOOOOOO BOSON BOSON BOSON GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LaurentHabs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.