HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason /Trades/Signings: Burke's New Move?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2012, 02:42 PM
  #901
TMLFAN4LIFE
Registered User
 
TMLFAN4LIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Would Radim Vrbata be a good fit on this Leafs team? He's got 2 more years left on his contract worth $3 mill/season... For a 50+ point scorer, that contract is pretty reasonable in comparison to the Macarthur contract.

TMLFAN4LIFE is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:45 PM
  #902
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby View Post
Negotiate Monday, sign July 1.
Okay, thanks. It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens on July 1st.

Here's to hoping!

91Kadri91 is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:46 PM
  #903
colchar
Registered User
 
colchar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Yeah, and more than a few posters informed you that thi kind of talk is par for the course, and wanting Kadri traded is clouding your ability to see that this isn't what you're making it out to be.

I didn't read all the responses as I had other stuff to do and didn't see anyone informing me of that. But I did see some posters who thought it was interesting and that there was something to it. But yeah, I'll just go ahead and believe the posters you side with because they clearly know more than Eakins. Fair enough, I'll buy that. Right.


Edited to add: I just went back to check a couple of the threads in which I posted that link yet couldn't find anything from the 'more than a few posters' that you claim 'informed' me. Methinks you are full of crap.


Last edited by colchar: 06-24-2012 at 03:02 PM.
colchar is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:47 PM
  #904
dimi78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
To be fair, I kind of started that whole psychologist thing by claiming he was insecure. It was my pathetic attempt at finishing the conversation so we wouldn't fill this thread our own personal differences. It obviously didn't work, and I certainly take part of the responsibility for what occurred. Anyways, it's over, so let's start talking hockey again.

I also think something has to be going down. There's no reason for Hendrick to say that something is going down when it's not. He works for MLSE, is always on Leafs TV, and does a number of interviews. Fan respect is very important to him, given his job, so I don't know why he'd risk fan respect if he weren't certain something was going to happen.

I'm interested to hear what, exactly, is going down though.
If I was to guess it does have something to do with Schultz but not to trade for his rights. I know about the talk about Nashville but on draft floor Burke spent a lot of time talking to the Blues both days who are on record looking for top 4 D men something could be going on with them.

dimi78 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
  #905
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,866
vCash: 500
Ok here is a Q for yas, Schultz can start talking in 9 ish hrs and can't sign till july 1, BUT can he or agent or team announce before july 1 that they have come to terms?

Faltorvo is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
  #906
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLFAN4LIFE View Post
Would Radim Vrbata be a good fit on this Leafs team? He's got 2 more years left on his contract worth $3 mill/season... For a 50+ point scorer, that contract is pretty reasonable in comparison to the Macarthur contract.
According to bisnasty he's the most underated player on their team....but appreciated by them

Doubt he'd be available

pspot is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:50 PM
  #907
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Hey Dr.Phil, why don't you either all of the dogs, and stop acting like a condescending, know-it-all jerk, or PM that garbage.

You aren't a professional pscho-analyst, and acting like one is gaining you any favour.

Your narcissism, and unrelenting badgering scream of your own insecurities. If anything, you both have work to do.

In the most polite way possible, talk hockey, or can it, please.
Not a psychologist, but I've actually worked in the abnormal psych field, and been a therapist. Him and I addressed it, and it's done. So in a much less polite way, kindly shut it, and mind your own business. And learn how to string together a proper sentence while you're at it.

IWD is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:50 PM
  #908
colchar
Registered User
 
colchar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
I could see why this could be miscrunstrued.... This was Eakins being a straight shooter nothing more. Did he say that the patience is running thin or that they're not willing to wait and see for Kadri to do what is asked of him before moving him?

No, he didn't say patience was running thin, per se, but this comment certainly seems to indicate that it is time for Kadri to put up (especially when combined with his other comments):

“It’s up to him now. We’ve given him the necessary information. He know he needs to get stronger, he needs another step and he knows the rules that are in place for his game when he’s on the ice. He’ll either accept those and become a very good NHL player or he won’t accept them and move on somewhere else.”

colchar is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:50 PM
  #909
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
If I was to guess it does have something to do with Schultz but not to trade for his rights. I know about the talk about Nashville but on draft floor Burke spent a lot of time talking to the Blues both days who are on record looking for top 4 D men something could be going on with them.
The Blues?

That's interesting. I wonder who the Leafs would be looking at if that's true?

91Kadri91 is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:50 PM
  #910
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
I didn't read all the responses as I had other stuff to do and didn't see anyone informing me of that. But I did see some posters who thought it was interesting and that there was something to it. But yeah, I'll just go ahead and believe the posters you side with because they clearly know more than Eakins. Fair enough, I'll buy that. Right.
No, you're putting words/ideas to Eakins that aren't there.

That's the point. He didn't say it was do or die for Naz. He 21 years old, for Gods' sake. Don't ignore the praise the organization has given Kadri over the course of the year. He's been a trooper, and taken his share of lumps. He wa stating what Kadri had to work on, something we're all aware of.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:53 PM
  #911
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
It seems like Henny was stirring the pot a little. I can't imagine that makes Burke appreciative. Collectively, we place too much pressure on management, and when something doesn't happen, he gets the brunt. Unless something does actually happen. I've always liked Henny, and headiest seem to be the rumourmonger type.

IWD is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:54 PM
  #912
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
Not a psychologist, but I've actually worked in the abnormal psych field, and been a therapist. Him and I addressed it, and it's done. So in a much less polite way, kindly shut it, and mind your own business. And learn how to string together a proper sentence while you're at it.
The point you fail to see, is when uou go on a witch hunt in a thread where it has no place, it's everyone's business. So, maybe take it up with the poster privately, or get over it, and not pollute a constructive, active thread with your nonsense.

Oh, and attacking my sentence structure for "call off the dogs" beingspelled improperly, due to tuping on a mobile phone.... Great shot Freud, really. Maybe talk to yourself in the mirror about you childish insecurity, since you're a therapist and all.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:57 PM
  #913
samwitch
Registered User
 
samwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
You're all sounding like a bunch of babies

samwitch is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:58 PM
  #914
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
You're all sounding like a bunch of babies
This ...

Give it up

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:02 PM
  #915
rumman
Registered User
 
rumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
The Blues?

That's interesting. I wonder who the Leafs would be looking at if that's true?
Stewart? just resigned, but expendable to the Blues?

rumman is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:03 PM
  #916
Est1995
Registered User
 
Est1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clarington
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Would anyone do Mac + Franson for Berglund??

Est1995 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:04 PM
  #917
dimi78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
No, he didn't say patience was running thin, per se, but this comment certainly seems to indicate that it is time for Kadri to put up (especially when combined with his other comments):

“It’s up to him now. We’ve given him the necessary information. He know he needs to get stronger, he needs another step and he knows the rules that are in place for his game when he’s on the ice. He’ll either accept those and become a very good NHL player or he won’t accept them and move on somewhere else.”
Have you've listen to how Eakins speaks? He's a straight shooter that's all that was. Eakins during the course of the year talked in high praise of Kadri in how determined he is to not just be an NHL player but an "Impact Player" and that he's willing to do the work to reach his goals that's why he has alot of time for Kadri. He said the same things then about how Kadri needs to get stronger.... there's no sugarcoating it with Eakins he gave it straight to what is keeping Kadri out of the NHL like many people on here have explained that if that strength isn't gained he wont make the Leafs it's as simple as that nothing more. Not that they're looking to move him etc... etc...

I'm not saying he wont be moved anything is possible but nothing here about what Eakins speaks of indicates of what you and many others claim.

dimi78 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:05 PM
  #918
colchar
Registered User
 
colchar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
No, you're putting words/ideas to Eakins that aren't there.
No really, I'm not.


Quote:
That's the point. He didn't say it was do or die for Naz. He 21 years old, for Gods' sake. Don't ignore the praise the organization has given Kadri over the course of the year. He's been a trooper, and taken his share of lumps. He wa stating what Kadri had to work on, something we're all aware of.

And that, if he didn't, he could go elsewhere. Here is the exact quote "He’ll either accept those and become a very good NHL player or he won’t accept them and move on somewhere else."

Seems pretty clear cut - do what we are asking you to do or don't and go elsewhere.

colchar is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:06 PM
  #919
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
No really, I'm not.





And that, if he didn't, he could go elsewhere. Here is the exact quote "He’ll either accept those and become a very good NHL player or he won’t accept them and move on somewhere else."

Seems pretty clear cut - do what we are asking you to do or don't and go elsewhere.
The fact of the matter, is that quote is in effect for all players/prospects.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:08 PM
  #920
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
Stewart? just resigned, but expendable to the Blues?
Yeah, I suppose that's a possibility. Definitely meets the big-body qualification, but he doesn't really use it, does he? From what I understand, he doesn't even use it to guard the puck, play in front of the net, or work the boards like JVR does. I could be wrong though.

I'd love T.J. Oshie, but I highly doubt he's available. What about Patrik Berglund? He's huge, he's young and he's a centre.

Just a thought.

91Kadri91 is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:12 PM
  #921
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingInReverse View Post
Would anyone do Mac + Franson for Berglund??
I'd do it in a heartbeat. They'd want something around Gunnar for Berglund, which I don't think we can afford to do

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:13 PM
  #922
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingInReverse View Post
Would anyone do Mac + Franson for Berglund??
So fast.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:15 PM
  #923
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingInReverse View Post
Would anyone do Mac + Franson for Berglund??
Wow, I didn't even see this suggested.

Anyways, yeah, I certainly would do that proposed trade if it were a possibility. I don't think that's enough going to St. Louis though.

91Kadri91 is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:19 PM
  #924
dimi78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
I'd do it in a heartbeat. They'd want something around Gunnar for Berglund, which I don't think we can afford to do
Why? Gunnarson is the perfect trade chip while his value is high. His cap hit is desirable as a safe sound D men and as far as I'm concern he's worth more in trade value than actually what he brings to the table.

We're over valuing his worth to the team just because he played next to Phaneuf this past year for this team to get where it wants to it requires an up grade from Gunnarson why not trade him while his value is still high. Common folks Gunnarson is good but not special.

dimi78 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:22 PM
  #925
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Why? Gunnarson is the perfect trade chip while his value is high. His cap hit is desirable as a safe sound D men and as far as I'm concern he's worth more in trade value than actually what he brings to the table.

We're over valuing his worth to the team just because he played next to Phaneuf this past year for this team to get where it wants to it requires an up grade from Gunnarson why not trade him while his value is still high. Common folks Gunnarson is good but not special.
Gunnar was probably the Leafs best defenseman this year. Sometimes people are so caught up with flash that they forget how valuable making the right play is.

I'm not against trading Gunnar, but if he does get traded, it better be for a darn good player(s).

91Kadri91 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.