HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason /Trades/Signings: Burke's New Move?

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 02:42 PM
TMLFAN4LIFE

vCash: 500
Would Radim Vrbata be a good fit on this Leafs team? He's got 2 more years left on his contract worth $3 mill/season... For a 50+ point scorer, that contract is pretty reasonable in comparison to the Macarthur contract.

Old
06-24-2012, 02:45 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby View Post
Negotiate Monday, sign July 1.
Okay, thanks. It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens on July 1st.

Here's to hoping!

Old
06-24-2012, 02:46 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Yeah, and more than a few posters informed you that thi kind of talk is par for the course, and wanting Kadri traded is clouding your ability to see that this isn't what you're making it out to be.

I didn't read all the responses as I had other stuff to do and didn't see anyone informing me of that. But I did see some posters who thought it was interesting and that there was something to it. But yeah, I'll just go ahead and believe the posters you side with because they clearly know more than Eakins. Fair enough, I'll buy that. Right.

Edited to add: I just went back to check a couple of the threads in which I posted that link yet couldn't find anything from the 'more than a few posters' that you claim 'informed' me. Methinks you are full of crap.

Last edited by colchar: 06-24-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old
06-24-2012, 02:47 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
To be fair, I kind of started that whole psychologist thing by claiming he was insecure. It was my pathetic attempt at finishing the conversation so we wouldn't fill this thread our own personal differences. It obviously didn't work, and I certainly take part of the responsibility for what occurred. Anyways, it's over, so let's start talking hockey again.

I also think something has to be going down. There's no reason for Hendrick to say that something is going down when it's not. He works for MLSE, is always on Leafs TV, and does a number of interviews. Fan respect is very important to him, given his job, so I don't know why he'd risk fan respect if he weren't certain something was going to happen.

I'm interested to hear what, exactly, is going down though.
If I was to guess it does have something to do with Schultz but not to trade for his rights. I know about the talk about Nashville but on draft floor Burke spent a lot of time talking to the Blues both days who are on record looking for top 4 D men something could be going on with them.

Old
06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Faltorvo

Ok here is a Q for yas, Schultz can start talking in 9 ish hrs and can't sign till july 1, BUT can he or agent or team announce before july 1 that they have come to terms?

Old
06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLFAN4LIFE View Post
Would Radim Vrbata be a good fit on this Leafs team? He's got 2 more years left on his contract worth $3 mill/season... For a 50+ point scorer, that contract is pretty reasonable in comparison to the Macarthur contract.
According to bisnasty he's the most underated player on their team....but appreciated by them

Doubt he'd be available

Old
06-24-2012, 02:50 PM
IWD

Quote:
Hey Dr.Phil, why don't you either all of the dogs, and stop acting like a condescending, know-it-all jerk, or PM that garbage.

You aren't a professional pscho-analyst, and acting like one is gaining you any favour.

Your narcissism, and unrelenting badgering scream of your own insecurities. If anything, you both have work to do.

In the most polite way possible, talk hockey, or can it, please.
Not a psychologist, but I've actually worked in the abnormal psych field, and been a therapist. Him and I addressed it, and it's done. So in a much less polite way, kindly shut it, and mind your own business. And learn how to string together a proper sentence while you're at it.

Old
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
I could see why this could be miscrunstrued.... This was Eakins being a straight shooter nothing more. Did he say that the patience is running thin or that they're not willing to wait and see for Kadri to do what is asked of him before moving him?

No, he didn't say patience was running thin, per se, but this comment certainly seems to indicate that it is time for Kadri to put up (especially when combined with his other comments):

“It’s up to him now. We’ve given him the necessary information. He know he needs to get stronger, he needs another step and he knows the rules that are in place for his game when he’s on the ice. He’ll either accept those and become a very good NHL player or he won’t accept them and move on somewhere else.”

Old
91Kadri91

Quote:
If I was to guess it does have something to do with Schultz but not to trade for his rights. I know about the talk about Nashville but on draft floor Burke spent a lot of time talking to the Blues both days who are on record looking for top 4 D men something could be going on with them.
The Blues?

That's interesting. I wonder who the Leafs would be looking at if that's true?

Old
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
I didn't read all the responses as I had other stuff to do and didn't see anyone informing me of that. But I did see some posters who thought it was interesting and that there was something to it. But yeah, I'll just go ahead and believe the posters you side with because they clearly know more than Eakins. Fair enough, I'll buy that. Right.
No, you're putting words/ideas to Eakins that aren't there.

That's the point. He didn't say it was do or die for Naz. He 21 years old, for Gods' sake. Don't ignore the praise the organization has given Kadri over the course of the year. He's been a trooper, and taken his share of lumps. He wa stating what Kadri had to work on, something we're all aware of.

Old
06-24-2012, 02:53 PM
IWD

It seems like Henny was stirring the pot a little. I can't imagine that makes Burke appreciative. Collectively, we place too much pressure on management, and when something doesn't happen, he gets the brunt. Unless something does actually happen. I've always liked Henny, and headiest seem to be the rumourmonger type.

Old
06-24-2012, 02:54 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
Not a psychologist, but I've actually worked in the abnormal psych field, and been a therapist. Him and I addressed it, and it's done. So in a much less polite way, kindly shut it, and mind your own business. And learn how to string together a proper sentence while you're at it.
The point you fail to see, is when uou go on a witch hunt in a thread where it has no place, it's everyone's business. So, maybe take it up with the poster privately, or get over it, and not pollute a constructive, active thread with your nonsense.

Oh, and attacking my sentence structure for "call off the dogs" beingspelled improperly, due to tuping on a mobile phone.... Great shot Freud, really. Maybe talk to yourself in the mirror about you childish insecurity, since you're a therapist and all.

Old
06-24-2012, 02:57 PM
samwitch

You're all sounding like a bunch of babies

Old
06-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
You're all sounding like a bunch of babies
This ...

Give it up

Old
06-24-2012, 03:02 PM
rumman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
The Blues?

That's interesting. I wonder who the Leafs would be looking at if that's true?
Stewart? just resigned, but expendable to the Blues?

Old
06-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Est1995

Would anyone do Mac + Franson for Berglund??

Old
06-24-2012, 03:04 PM
dimi78

Quote:
No, he didn't say patience was running thin, per se, but this comment certainly seems to indicate that it is time for Kadri to put up (especially when combined with his other comments):

“It’s up to him now. We’ve given him the necessary information. He know he needs to get stronger, he needs another step and he knows the rules that are in place for his game when he’s on the ice. He’ll either accept those and become a very good NHL player or he won’t accept them and move on somewhere else.”
Have you've listen to how Eakins speaks? He's a straight shooter that's all that was. Eakins during the course of the year talked in high praise of Kadri in how determined he is to not just be an NHL player but an "Impact Player" and that he's willing to do the work to reach his goals that's why he has alot of time for Kadri. He said the same things then about how Kadri needs to get stronger.... there's no sugarcoating it with Eakins he gave it straight to what is keeping Kadri out of the NHL like many people on here have explained that if that strength isn't gained he wont make the Leafs it's as simple as that nothing more. Not that they're looking to move him etc... etc...

I'm not saying he wont be moved anything is possible but nothing here about what Eakins speaks of indicates of what you and many others claim.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:05 PM
colchar

Quote:
No, you're putting words/ideas to Eakins that aren't there.
No really, I'm not.

Quote:
That's the point. He didn't say it was do or die for Naz. He 21 years old, for Gods' sake. Don't ignore the praise the organization has given Kadri over the course of the year. He's been a trooper, and taken his share of lumps. He wa stating what Kadri had to work on, something we're all aware of.

And that, if he didn't, he could go elsewhere. Here is the exact quote "He’ll either accept those and become a very good NHL player or he won’t accept them and move on somewhere else."

Seems pretty clear cut - do what we are asking you to do or don't and go elsewhere.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:06 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
No really, I'm not.

And that, if he didn't, he could go elsewhere. Here is the exact quote "He’ll either accept those and become a very good NHL player or he won’t accept them and move on somewhere else."

Seems pretty clear cut - do what we are asking you to do or don't and go elsewhere.
The fact of the matter, is that quote is in effect for all players/prospects.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:08 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
Stewart? just resigned, but expendable to the Blues?
Yeah, I suppose that's a possibility. Definitely meets the big-body qualification, but he doesn't really use it, does he? From what I understand, he doesn't even use it to guard the puck, play in front of the net, or work the boards like JVR does. I could be wrong though.

I'd love T.J. Oshie, but I highly doubt he's available. What about Patrik Berglund? He's huge, he's young and he's a centre.

Just a thought.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingInReverse View Post
I'd do it in a heartbeat. They'd want something around Gunnar for Berglund, which I don't think we can afford to do

Old
06-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
So fast.

06-24-2012, 03:15 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Wow, I didn't even see this suggested.

Anyways, yeah, I certainly would do that proposed trade if it were a possibility. I don't think that's enough going to St. Louis though.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:19 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
I'd do it in a heartbeat. They'd want something around Gunnar for Berglund, which I don't think we can afford to do
Why? Gunnarson is the perfect trade chip while his value is high. His cap hit is desirable as a safe sound D men and as far as I'm concern he's worth more in trade value than actually what he brings to the table.

We're over valuing his worth to the team just because he played next to Phaneuf this past year for this team to get where it wants to it requires an up grade from Gunnarson why not trade him while his value is still high. Common folks Gunnarson is good but not special.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:22 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Why? Gunnarson is the perfect trade chip while his value is high. His cap hit is desirable as a safe sound D men and as far as I'm concern he's worth more in trade value than actually what he brings to the table.

We're over valuing his worth to the team just because he played next to Phaneuf this past year for this team to get where it wants to it requires an up grade from Gunnarson why not trade him while his value is still high. Common folks Gunnarson is good but not special.
Gunnar was probably the Leafs best defenseman this year. Sometimes people are so caught up with flash that they forget how valuable making the right play is.

I'm not against trading Gunnar, but if he does get traded, it better be for a darn good player(s).

Closed Thread