HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Keith Yandle is available, and a deal may be close

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
I don't see why people come in here and claim he isn't "elite" or a "number one." If you don't think so, then why do you want him so bad? All I'm reading is about how he's not good defensively and so on...if he wasn't good defensively he wouldnt be our number one and he wouldnt be so highly conveyed. If you believe that we will just let go of our number one defenseman and possible future captain for your teams 2nd and 3rd line players your crazy. Mind you, he is OUR number one, what makes you think that we wouldn't want a number one player in return?

Old
06-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Ringo13

Oiler fans will be all over me for this, but.....
Yandle and Hanzal
For
Eberle and Gagner

Fair?

Old
06-24-2012, 04:28 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Neither Yandle, nor Hanzal are available nor have they been.

06-24-2012, 04:29 PM
puckyeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo13 View Post
Oiler fans will be all over me for this, but.....
Yandle and Hanzal
For
Eberle and Gagner

Fair?
I'd lean towards Yandle and Hanzal in that 'trade'.

But, that's just me, i could see a case for both sides.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:30 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post

Who told you that?

Old
06-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Ringo13

Quote:
I am not a gm nor do I have the power to make trades.
Value?

Old
06-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Ringo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckyeah View Post
I'd lean towards Yandle and Hanzal in that 'trade'.

But, that's just me, i could see a case for both sides.
AGree, but needs are met for both teams I think.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:40 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
Who told you that?
My dog Sam.

Oh, and quotes from our general manager, assistant general manage and basic common sense.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:40 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I am not a gm nor do I have the power to make trades.
Value?
Probably even value wise.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:42 PM
puckyeah

Quote:
AGree, but needs are met for both teams I think.
Does Phx really have a 'need'? They were really close to being the best team in the NHL, if the Kings werent so hot, the Coyotes might have won the cup this year. They're really close, you think they have a pressing need?

Old
06-24-2012, 04:43 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Why are credible people reporting he is available? Rumours seemed to start even before the Michalek trade, so it's not like it's random speculation.

I'm ok if the Yotes want to keep him unless they get an amazing deal, I just don't think this many people would be talking about it if he was 100% untouchable.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:43 PM
just22
meat and taters

Phoenix won their division and made it into the 3rd round... why the hell would they trade any of their key pieces?

Old
06-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Ringo13

Quote:
Does Phx really have a 'need'? They were really close to being the best team in the NHL, if the Kings werent so hot, the Coyotes might have won the cup this year. They're really close, you think they have a pressing need?
I think that they could use more scoring, and if they wanted, they could trade a dman (strength).
Oilers need a number 2 big center, and a top pairing dman, and can afford to move one of the big 4.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:48 PM
SDig14

Quote:
There seems to be uncertainty as to what will happen with Whitney and Doan.

I'm sure they could use some offense, but seemingly not at the price of Yandle.

Perhaps they will test the UFA market.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:51 PM
puckyeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
There seems to be uncertainty as to what will happen with Whitney and Doan.

I'm sure they could use some offense, but seemingly not at the price of Yandle.

Perhaps they will test the UFA market.
You think Doan won't be back?

I'd like him to be back, i'm counting the days till the first meeting between Phx and LA, i want to see how that plays out.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:52 PM
SDig14

Quote:
You think Doan won't be back?

I'd like him to be back, i'm counting the days till the first meeting between Phx and LA, i want to see how that plays out.
Well, I'm sure he wants to be back and they would love for him to be back as well.

Rumours were out that he wanted a 3-4 year deal, and with the uncertainty of the team in Phoenix, it's tough to predict how things will play out.

It would be a shame if he retired anywhere else.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:53 PM
JonQuixote

Quote:
Originally Posted by just22 View Post
Phoenix won their division and made it into the 3rd round... why the hell would they trade any of their key pieces?
Exactly. Further glory is on the horizon, just like it was for the Conference finalist Lightning in 2011, the Habs in 2010, the Canes in 2009, the Stars in 2008, the...

Old
06-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Sciamachy
Formerly Sceva Sct

Quote:
Why are credible people reporting he is available? Rumours seemed to start even before the Michalek trade, so it's not like it's random speculation.

I'm ok if the Yotes want to keep him unless they get an amazing deal, I just don't think this many people would be talking about it if he was 100% untouchable.
It's the media, its what they do best. All it takes is one call to Maloney inquiring about Yandle, the press hears about it and turns it into Phoenix is shopping Yandle. Both Maloney and Treliving sounded legitimately surprised that they were apparently shopping Yandle. Maloney has said in the past that he listens to all offers that come his way unless it pertains to Doan, so if multiple teams are asking about Yandle and the media hears about it, no doubt they would assume he's being shopped rather than it simply being Maloney doing what his job is in listening to what is out there. Makes for better headlines.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:57 PM
puckyeah

Quote:
Well, I'm sure he wants to be back and they would love for him to be back as well.

Rumours were out that he wanted a 3-4 year deal, and with the uncertainty of the team in Phoenix, it's tough to predict how things will play out.

It would be a shame if he retired anywhere else.
So, PHX is still in limbo as to whether or not they're going to stay there for the next decade or two? Im not following their trials and tribulations closely, they could still move in the next couple years?

Old
06-24-2012, 05:03 PM
TRask

What about sumthing centered around Krejci and Brandon Gormley instead?
That way we can have a future pairing of Team Canada's Hamilton-Gormely top pair

Old
06-24-2012, 05:10 PM
ZugNugget

I don't see why Yandle would be traded at the moment. It's a move you make in two years after Rundblad, Gormley, Murphy, and Goncharov are pushing for Top 4 spots. You don't take a player like Yandle off of a WCF team that's in long-term financial turmoil. A team that hopes it can build some momentum off of its performance and avert relocation.

If you do trade him, you don't do it for a package of lesser players. Maybe you think about doing it for a guy like Ryan or Nash or something.

I'd love him on the Oilers, but we don't have the assets to give up to get him, since Eberle, Hall, RNH, and (probably) Yakupov won't be traded.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:11 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRask View Post
What about sumthing centered around Krejci and Brandon Gormley instead?
Don't know about the other Yotes fans around here, but I'd be tempted by an offer like that.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:43 PM
hbk

Quote:

There's a difference between listening to offers and actively trying to trade a player. Phoenix has the luxury of being able to consider moving a valuable puck moving #1 D who was a Norris candidate last season. They are under zero pressure from the fan base or ownership (and the NHL have been the best owners in franchise history) to make a move. Maloney is looking at the long-term picture. He won't move Yandle unless a key piece to the organizations future is addressed.

As for the Oilers. They absolutely need to make a move to improve their blue line. I don't imagine for a second that any of the Big 4 are available but Tambellini will lose his job unless significant improvement us made on the Oiler blue line. A player with the puck skills like Yandle who can quickly transition the puck to the forwards would be a extremely attractive option for the Oilers. Even moreso given his contract status. Again, I'm not of the opinion that the Oilers would move any of the #1's or Eberle but you can understand why Phoenix fans would expect their management to test that theory.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:22 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Don't know about the other Yotes fans around here, but I'd be tempted by an offer like that.
Actually, I like it too! $5.25Mil, but then again the Coyotes paid $4.5Mil for Langkow's services for this past season...

...and I would guess that Maloney was trying to get Shero to trade Sutter, the 8th pick, and Michalek for Yandle, which was all started last week when the Coyotes called for the availability of J Staal. GMDM tried to get the Flyers involved, but my guess is that they would not part with JVR and Schenn...

Last edited by DesertDawg: 06-24-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old
06-24-2012, 06:59 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Actually, I like it too! $5.25Mil, but then again the Coyotes paid $4.5Mil for Langkow's services for this past season...
Krejci would definitely be a great pick-up for the Yotes - talented playmaking center in his prime with two-way skill who played in a similar system on the Bruins. Krejci-Vermette-Hanzal-Gordon would be a pretty formidable center corps.

I saw his name being floated around by quite a few Bruins fans who wanted to pick up Yandle during the peak of the trade rumors on Friday. Probably would not trade those two straight up - I'd imagine since both are held in high-esteem by their respective fanbases and organizations, either side would want an overpayment. But if the Bruins were interested in Gormley - well, I'd definitely get the ball rolling.

Closed Thread