HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colton Sissons #50

Old
06-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

vCash: 500
Colton Sissons #50

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/colton_sissons/

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Absolutely an amazing pick and a steal!!

Wanted him on the Leafs badly on 35th pick but I guess were busy stockpiling on d-man but anyways u guys got a helluva player who can play great in both defensive side of teh puck and solid in the offensive zone as well as add some grit. Thought he would have gone in the 1st.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:31 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

This one is... intriguing. He has all the intangibles, good two-way player, sounds like he has a pretty good shot, but his skating needs work.

What's funny is that sounds exactly like colossal New York Islanders bust Scott Scissons. I still have his trading card somewhere. I'll bet it's not worth the paper it was printed on.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:31 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

2nd Round - Colton Sissons - C

Red Line Report Rated #39 Overall

"Didn't progress as hoped - like him better as a winger"

Summary:

Heart and soul of the team already wears the captain's C. Plays the type of game coaches and scouts admire, always showing up at both ends of the ice. Never hesitates to jump in front of a shot. Never takes a single shift off and plays both special teams. An exceptional competitor and team catalyst. Wins very high percentage of his faceoffs. His hands and skill set are improving. An up tempo, high energy player whose relentless puck pursuit puts pressure on defenders. Shows poise and intelligence with a high hockey IQ. Has his head on a swivel in the offensive zone and finds teammates with perfectly timed passes. Finishes every check and creates problems by heading straight to crease where he wont be moved. Lacks explosion in his stride and is just an average skater overall. Missed time with a concussion and responded by winning a fight his first game back.

Projection: 3rd line character guy who chips in offensively
Style compares to: Mike Fisher (HA!)

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:41 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

Sissons is a guy who didn't even get taken in the WHL bantam draft, three years later got named captain of the Kelowna Rockets at 18.

Neate Sager:
Quote:
The Kelowna Rockets captain is one of the more mature players in the NHL draft class of 2012 and probably plays more of a 200-foot game than any other forward coming out of the WHL. The fact he wore the ‘C’ for the Rockets speaks to how he can lead by example. He’s hopeful that will translate well to the NHL once he gets there. With his versatility, there is some debate over whether he will be expected to contribute more offensively or defensively as a pro.
Sissons, who played for a youngish Rockets team this season, counted 26 goals and 41 points in 58 games while finishing minus-14. At 6-foot-1 and 189 pounds, he showed he could finish off plays in tight space, although he likely will need to show a greater array of ways he can chip in on the offensive end — such as scoring off the rush or setting up teammates. There isn’t much question with his defensive instincts. It goes without saying that improving his skating could cause him to really break out next fall, when he enters his age-19 season.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:55 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Love the pick.

Quote:
Sissons is the captain of the Rockets and plays in the mold of a power forward. He works as hard as anyone on the ice and is often the first guy in on the forecheck and the first guy on the backcheck. Has good hands around the net, being able to finish or find teammates. Footspeed will be the thing he needs to work on most to become a player at the next level. Is underrated in terms of how NHL ready he actually is. Could make a big name for himself at a pro camp and stick around longer than expected, if there is no NHL lockout. Is ranked ahead of Pouliot because I think he's a much safer bet to one day be an NHL pro. Compares very similarly to a guy like Andrew Ladd, the captain in Winnipeg.

NHL Style Comparable: A right handed Andrew Ladd

Top End Potential: 2nd Line Forward

Pick Prediction: 25-30th Overall

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/se...lton%20Sissons

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:56 AM
BCsabre

TV story from Kelowna on Colton Sissons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEx2vUXUp7k

BCsabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:12 AM
INDhockeyfan

Sounds like a good kid. Predator type 2 way center who will eventually replace Fisher/Legwand if he pans out.

INDhockeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Sounds like every predators ever

He'll fit in great here for sure. Safe pick to compliment Aberg's riskiness. Still wish Frk would have fallen one more spot to us, but Sissons is a very nice consolation prize.

Both Sissons and Aberg were projected by many to be first rounders. We could have two steals.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:23 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I'm loving all our picks

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:16 AM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I'm loving all our picks
Agreed.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Placed 8th overall (10 way tie) in the Bench Press Test at the Combine

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/ic...sults-2012.htm

Interesting note, Wilson had the highest score in this test out of the last 5 Combines combined

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Gotta be honest, this pick leaves a really bitter taste in my mouth. Frk was taken one pick before us (by detroit no less). Why on earth we let that happen, I have no idea. Poile made a big mistake on this one by not trading up to get a talent like Frk who is now in Detroit's stable of prospects.

When I analyze Sissons' development, I am going to have to compare it to Frk's. Course, I am not convinced Poile would've even taken Frk if he had the chance with Sissons' available.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:47 AM
maplepred

Frk has lots of injury problems to, sissons has none

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:57 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

Comparing Frk with Sissons is redundant when we have Aberg.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Frk is incredibly overrated. It's getting kind of sickening.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:47 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
Gotta be honest, this pick leaves a really bitter taste in my mouth. Frk was taken one pick before us (by detroit no less). Why on earth we let that happen, I have no idea. Poile made a big mistake on this one by not trading up to get a talent like Frk who is now in Detroit's stable of prospects.

When I analyze Sissons' development, I am going to have to compare it to Frk's. Course, I am not convinced Poile would've even taken Frk if he had the chance with Sissons' available.
Not to be too harsh but you have sour grapes over both our first two picks because there was one guy that was gone who we should have moved up to take and one guy that was left on the board that we should take? And you have seen them play live how many times and scouted for how many years? Everyone has a favorite but don't get carried away.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote