HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jeff Carter to the habs

Old
06-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Henrik To Daniel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
There isnt a chance in the world this happens.

And anyway, Carter creates his own offense, he needs the puck on his stick, he doesn't need to be set up, which undercuts your entire rationale for trying to acquire him.
Then why hasn't he scored 45 goals ever since 08-09?

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:33 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Because that year was an outlier. Carter is a 35 goal scorer, and if he pots 35 in L.A. consistently, no Kings fans will be complaining

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Because that year was an outlier. Carter is a 35 goal scorer, and if he pots 35 in L.A. consistently, no Kings fans will be complaining
This. And to those still talking about the partying the entire kings team has been partying hard. He and Richards have fit perfectly here with no drama. Kings have no reason to trade anyone on the roster Right now.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:53 PM
funky

Kings locker room has great chemistry and the boys have enough fight in them to win the cup. Chemistry is very important and we have it. No use messing with it. Richards and Carter are best friends and work well together on the ice. I would love to see Carter with Kopitar but I am even hesitant to do that and mess with the Richards Carter thing.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Why would LA trade Carter after they just traded to get him themselves?

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Since the Carter trade, the Kings are 29-9-3. Kings aren't trading anyone right now.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:52 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathfilms View Post
with rumors around that P-A Parenteau meant be coming to Montreal. I think right now there is no one I feel that could be a pure scorer for P-A Parenteau. I really feel if we would have Jeff Carter I know P-A Parenteau could elevate Jeff Carter's game to 35-45 goals. So what would it take there are only 3 players that are not for sale Subban (which I don't think you need) Price (yeah I don't think that would make any sense) and our 3rd Overall Selection. Would a Patches + 2nd Rounder work?

but I would do this only if we get P-A Parenteau
i'd rather patches.

and no PAP tyvm

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Kings locker room has great chemistry and the boys have enough fight in them to win the cup. Chemistry is very important and we have it. No use messing with it. Richards and Carter are best friends and work well together on the ice. I would love to see Carter with Kopitar but I am even hesitant to do that and mess with the Richards Carter thing.
I'm sorry, but each time I see this nowadays I get this image of a bespectacled labcoat-wearing mad scientist holding aloft in triumph his new means to hockey glory.

"AT LAST! I HAVE IT! My GREATEST CREATION YET! I shall give my locker room... CHEMISTRY!!!!!"
"And I shall finally have my vengeance on those fools at the Institute Central Scouting!!!!"

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:09 PM
heathfilms*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
A Doughty-Subban pairing? Trollolololo.
Subban and Richards hate each other so I don't see that happening

heathfilms* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I somehow doubt the Cup winning team is going to deal away one of its top scoring wingers who just helped them win their first championship in team history. This isn't Philadelphia.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:47 AM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Um, because he hasn't played as well since?

I've literally watched Jeff Carter play hundreds of hockey games. He doesn't need a playmaker, he doesn't even tend to play well with playmakers, though he had a bit of a nice run with G a season ago. He's at his best carrying the puck and using his size/speed advantage to get positioning on the defense in order to fire his lethal writer. It's how he scores the overwhelming majority of his goals. He tends to play his best with crash and bang types, like when he was on a line with Knuble & Upshall, or like his 46 goal season, when he played with Hartnell & Lupul.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:09 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
Um, because he hasn't played as well since?

I've literally watched Jeff Carter play hundreds of hockey games. He doesn't need a playmaker, he doesn't even tend to play well with playmakers, though he had a bit of a nice run with G a season ago. He's at his best carrying the puck and using his size/speed advantage to get positioning on the defense in order to fire his lethal writer. It's how he scores the overwhelming majority of his goals. He tends to play his best with crash and bang types, like when he was on a line with Knuble & Upshall, or like his 46 goal season, when he played with Hartnell & Lupul.
Not knocking Carter what so ever as i'm sure everyone know how good Carter is but i would rather just hold on to Patches.Patches made huge strides in his game last season and i see him getting better in time.Also i see no reason why L.A would want to break up an important part of their cup winning team .
I don't see either sides interrested in this offer.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote