HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part IX: Howson often gives nuts to toothless people

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 04:35 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Bobby Ryan's dad, Bob Ryan:

"Bob Ryan, who still lives in Cherry Hill, definitely is hoping his son comes home, but he'd be fine with any change for the better.

'In my mind, the Flyers are the best that there is,' Bob Ryan said. 'But I just want to see him happy. The only place he can't go is the Rangers. I'd never hear the end of it from Clarkie (former Flyer, Bob Clarke)"

Old
06-24-2012, 04:36 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Seen it already.

It seems more tongue and check then anything.

06-24-2012, 04:41 PM
mti79

Forget parise. If his initial reaction to playing for the rangers was "no way"and he's going back on that because we could offer the most money I don't want him. Give me Semin 3 years, $16 million and sykora got 2 years, $2.2 million. You add 40-50 goals for less than what nash makes and what parise will get on the market.

Semin-richards-sykora
Hagelin-stepan-callahan
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Kreider
Rupp-boyle-Mitchell

Then when Gabby is back you make changes based on what has worked. You can move people up/down based on what the situation is.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:42 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Bobby Ryan's dad, Bob Ryan:

"Bob Ryan, who still lives in Cherry Hill, definitely is hoping his son comes home, but he'd be fine with any change for the better.

'In my mind, the Flyers are the best that there is,' Bob Ryan said. 'But I just want to see him happy. The only place he can't go is the Rangers. I'd never hear the end of it from Clarkie (former Flyer, Bob Clarke)"
Link: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...ors/55795006/1

The article reeks of Flyers lovin' from Ryan and his father. Though Ryan seems happy with the idea of going anywhere he'd actually be appreciated.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:04 PM
ltrangerfan

How can the Rangers trade for Ryan / Nash or any deal involving trading players? AS I read this thread every combination offered guts the team.

The Rangers have nothing to trade other than the same group of players for whom there is little demand.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Forget parise. If his initial reaction to playing for the rangers was "no way"and he's going back on that because we could offer the most money I don't want him. Give me Semin 3 years, $16 million and sykora got 2 years, $2.2 million. You add 40-50 goals for less than what nash makes and what parise will get on the market.

Semin-richards-sykora
Hagelin-stepan-callahan
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Kreider
Rupp-boyle-Mitchell

Then when Gabby is back you make changes based on what has worked. You can move people up/down based on what the situation is.
Mitchell isnt gonna be back and if he is the Rangers are in serious trouble..look at the Kings and Bruins, they both have size on the wings. Rangers need to upgrade there...they dont need more finesse non physical wingers that dont play defense..

Old
06-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I always read that Parise quote as "we're in the middle of a playoff race and you ask me that? I will not give you any quotes for your stupid headlines. There is no way I'm going to acknowledge your idiotic question." the actual quote was something along the lines of "no way, don't make a headline out of it."
Except he said no three different times and it was after they got eliminated...

Old
06-24-2012, 05:13 PM
hadrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
If you watch the video, there's really no question that he's saying "there's no way I'll play for the Rangers." It's entirely possible he was full of ****, though.

And Bobby Ryan's father isn't the best source of information. The guy's a confirmed lunatic.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:13 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
But the point is he was/is still a Devil. Kind of obnoxious for him to say, "sure, I'll consider our arch-rivals across the river", no?

Old
06-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
But the point is he was/is still a Devil. Kind of obnoxious for him to say, "sure, I'll consider our arch-rivals across the river", no?
Yeah I don't exactly believe anyone says anything but the status quo but rarely do they flat out say no. Multiple times none the less.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

maybe parise is just pushing for a better deal with the rangers... you know... if he says he won't come here then we have to offer him more to force him to come here. maybe he really does want to be in ny...

i dont want him though lol

Old
06-24-2012, 05:26 PM
DutchShamrock

Gomez used to give the same sound bytes as a Devil... kind of wish he was a man of his word. Come July 1 when offers roll in, and the state of the Devils' ownership manifests itself in a weak offer reeking of "hometown discount", you'll see how he feels about playing for another team.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:27 PM
hadrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
maybe parise is just pushing for a better deal with the rangers... you know... if he says he won't come here then we have to offer him more to force him to come here. maybe he really does want to be in ny...

The market would take care of all of that for him. He was either telling the truth, or being a coward to the local media.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:32 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post

I prefer both Nash and Ryan over Parise, but both those players subtract players from our roster. Parise does not. Therefore you technically get more goals by just signing Parise and keeping your roster as is, for the most part at least. We'd have to adjust for his big cap hit, but that's still a much better situation because you can pick and choose who you're *comfortable* with letting go of. Getting Nash or Ryan would involve sending a cringe worthy package the other way.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:33 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadrian View Post
The market would take care of all of that for him. He was either telling the truth, or being a coward to the local media.
I always thought he was a coward!

Old
06-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Gomez used to give the same sound bytes as a Devil... kind of wish he was a man of his word. Come July 1 when offers roll in, and the state of the Devils' ownership manifests itself in a weak offer reeking of "hometown discount", you'll see how he feels about playing for another team.
I don't haha. Gomez = McDonagh, Prust, Gaborik, and Richards.

Gomez in a way is Sathers worst and best UFA pick ups

Old
06-24-2012, 05:36 PM
hadrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I always thought he was a coward!
Just to clarify, I'm not calling him a coward. I believe he 100% meant what he said.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Lundsanity30

Parise grew up a Rangers fan, I think discounting them is pretty foolish bc he told the JERSEY media no immediately after losing in the SCF

Old
06-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Parise grew up a Rangers fan, I think discounting them is pretty foolish bc he told the JERSEY media no immediately after losing in the SCF
Where does it say he grew up a Rangers fan? His dad scored a rather famous goal for the Islanders against the Rangers in 1975.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:48 PM
azrok22

Quote:
The son of former Islander J.P. Parise, who grew up in Minnesota, was a Rangers fan?

Consider me skeptical. Do you have a source for that?

Old
06-24-2012, 05:49 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

He's not signing here, that I can bank on. Can't say it hurts either.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
The son of former Islander J.P. Parise, who grew up in Minnesota, was a Rangers fan?

Consider me skeptical. Do you have a source for that?
That's what I thought, but I swear I heard that before somewhere. I was shocked too but wild weren't around when he was a kid either were they?

Old
06-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
That's what I thought, but I swear I heard that before somewhere. I was shocked too but wild weren't around when he was a kid either were they?
The Wild were around when he was a kid. They were the Minnesota Northstars, although they became the Dallas Stars. But I'm sure he was a Minnesota fan.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I can't believe Parise is still being brought up. Guy doesn't want to come here. End of story.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:59 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I can't believe Parise is still being brought up. Guy doesn't want to come here. End of story.
I agree, but it certainly doesn't hurt to help him drive up his price by making a sizable offer.

Closed Thread