HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colin Wilson to WPG,TOR

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2012, 10:29 AM
  #101
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Wilson for Liles?
I wouldn't trade Wilson for a 32 year old offensive defenseman.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:36 AM
  #102
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
a fifth round pick is minor...collin wilson isn't a minor piece
Tobias Enstrom is a legitimate #1 defenseman, with great skills both offensively and defensively. It blows my mind how he remains so underrated after being one of the league's best defensemen consistently since his rookie year. If he were 3-4 inches taller, he'd probably get a lot more recognition. People seem to think small=bad.

He's every bit as good as Alex Edler, if not better. Would Vancouver do Edler for Wilson? Absolutely not. Same goes for Winnipeg with Enstrom.

You aren't going to get a legitimate #1 (#2 on Nashville, due to Weber) defenseman for spare parts.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:01 AM
  #103
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
my post simply stated wilson isnt a minor piece... obviously its enstrom for wilson +

and again wilson isn't spare parts. enstrom may be underrated but you are overrating him now. he isnt a legitimate #1 defenseman. thats weber, chara, lidstrom, suter, etc. he is a #2 right now on an ideal defense corps.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:03 AM
  #104
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Poile already said radulov will never wear a Nashville jersey again. And I also highly doubt ak comes back after his actions from playoffs, especially after being new to the team. People all blame rads for that but it was just as much ak's fault.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Colin Wilson has once again managed to find himself in Trotz's doghouse despite very good offensive play. I'm just not sure that these two will gel at all. We wouldn't trade him becuase of a lack of talent, but a lack of chemistry with the coach and a full top 6. If the Preds re-sign AK,SK, Radulov, and Hornqvist, while keeping Erat, Legwand, Fisher, and Smith, Wilson is expendable. I figured the 'Peg (hometown) and Toronto (Burke loves him) would be two likely destinations. What would you give for him? Nashville could really use defensive depth, which both teams mentioned have, to some extent.

Oh, and by the way, he's an RFA, not a UFA.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:06 AM
  #105
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Poile already said radulov will never wear a Nashville jersey again. And I also highly doubt ak comes back after his actions from playoffs, especially after being new to the team. People all blame rads for that but it was just as much ak's fault.
check the date lol

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:32 AM
  #106
umbertovanek
Registered User
 
umbertovanek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Strasbourg, France
Country: Austria
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
What about Zemgus Grigensons?
You mean Roy+Girgensons for Wilson + Legwand?
Hm, I'd rather not.
Not saying the value is terrible, but Girgs is too much of what the Sabres need. And he's our shiny new toy, as well.

Also, the idea was to have Legwand as a placeholder until Girgensons/Grigorenko are ready.

Not to mention the low probability of Regier giving up on a player he has just drafted.

umbertovanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:37 AM
  #107
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbertovanek View Post
You mean Roy+Girgensons for Wilson + Legwand?
Hm, I'd rather not.
Not saying the value is terrible, but Girgs is too much of what the Sabres need. And he's our shiny new toy, as well.

Also, the idea was to have Legwand as a placeholder until Girgensons/Grigorenko are ready.

Not to mention the low probability of Regier giving up on a player he has just drafted.
Well the way I see it is Roy is around the same value as Legwand, Roy's better offensively Legwand defensively. and Wilson would be traded for a young talented forward, he's not that old himself, and is a recent top 10 pick.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:52 AM
  #108
Elever
Hth
 
Elever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
Tobias Enstrom is a legitimate #1 defenseman, with great skills both offensively and defensively. It blows my mind how he remains so underrated after being one of the league's best defensemen consistently since his rookie year. If he were 3-4 inches taller, he'd probably get a lot more recognition. People seem to think small=bad.

He's every bit as good as Alex Edler, if not better. Would Vancouver do Edler for Wilson? Absolutely not. Same goes for Winnipeg with Enstrom.

You aren't going to get a legitimate #1 (#2 on Nashville, due to Weber) defenseman for spare parts.
I find it ironic actually because Enstrom is the most underrated dman in the league (on here for sure) and Colin Wilson is probably one of the most underrated young player in the league.

With that said, I don't think Wilson's value is even close to Enstrom yet but he'd certainly be a good basis in a potential deal. His value is definitely far above Liles though, lol at the Leafs fan who said 5th pick.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:05 PM
  #109
allan5oh
#moneypushups
 
allan5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,984
vCash: 50
Does Wilson have the potential to be a #1 center? If not, Winnipeg passes. We already have a glut of centers that will never be a #1. We're possibly looking to upgrade Bryan Little. We already have Little(1st,2nd tweener), Antropov(2nd, 3rd), Burmistrov(2nd, 3rd good PK), Slater(3rd, 4th) at center. We're probably going to re-sign Wellwood. Usually Wellwood plays RW even though he's a traditional C.

In the system we have Scheifele (1st or 2nd line) and Cormier (3rd maybe 4th).

So I don't think they'll even consider this unless they think Wilson could be a #1 center that replaces Little. Unless he can be had for cheap which I doubt.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:06 PM
  #110
Thrashers94
We fly as one
 
Thrashers94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Wilson + Ellis

For

Enstrom

Thrashers94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:09 PM
  #111
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
been a big fan of wilson since his draft year.

could care less what nationality he is, you wouldnt believe the crap some leaf fans come up with.

anyway, i know nashville is looking at defense replacements correct?

what if anything could the leafs offer? Id be willing to overpay i think.

how has he performed at C for nashville?

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:30 PM
  #112
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,762
vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
Wilson + Ellis

For

Enstrom
I'd be much more interested if Ellis was switched to Watson.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:31 PM
  #113
Dr Swag
Banned User
 
Dr Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: T.
Country: Canada
Posts: 789
vCash: 500
Does Wilson have 60 point potential and how likely is he to reach it outside of Nashville's defensive system?

Dr Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:49 PM
  #114
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
From the Leafs:

Gunnarson, Bozak (or MacA) and a 3rd

Would you do Kadri straight up?

If Luongo is coming to TO, how about Gunnar, Scrivens and a 3rd? (I don't know what Nash's plan is for backup goalie).

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:24 PM
  #115
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
Does Wilson have 60 point potential and how likely is he to reach it outside of Nashville's defensive system?
very likely. he was our best forward the first half of the season. playing along the likes of jordin tootoo and nick spaling. was almost leading our team in points at one point. playing with bottom 6 linemates.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:42 PM
  #116
km204
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
What would it take from Winnipeg to get Hornqvist and Wilson? Bogo, Wheeler, Kane, Ladd are not available.

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:50 PM
  #117
Paradise
Individual thinker
 
Paradise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waiverpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I'd be much more interested if Ellis was switched to Watson.
I like Watson also, but I think we need a d-man with top 4 ability coming back. We'll need to have someone step in and pickup Enstrom's almost 24 minutes a game. I know we can divide up some of his minutes, but other than Bogo, Buff and Hainsey, there's nobody currently on the Jets that I'd want picking up those minutes. Stuart should stay on the bottom pairing and Clitsome is more of a bottom pairing (7th) d-man. Even Postma and Kulda should be brought into the NHL as bottom pairing guys IMO. Of course if we can find that top 4 d-man in FA, then I"m all for a Enstrom for Wilson + Watson deal.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:57 PM
  #118
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor
 
jmelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I like Watson also, but I think we need a d-man with top 4 ability coming back. We'll need to have someone step in and pickup Enstrom's almost 24 minutes a game. I know we can divide up some of his minutes, but other than Bogo, Buff and Hainsey, there's nobody currently on the Jets that I'd want picking up those minutes. Stuart should stay on the bottom pairing and Clitsome is more of a bottom pairing (7th) d-man. Even Postma and Kulda should be brought into the NHL as bottom pairing guys IMO. Of course if we can find that top 4 d-man in FA, then I"m all for a Enstrom for Wilson + Watson deal.

I would venture to say that Watson is virtually untouchable for NSH, especially if Wilson is out the door. He is their future at the centre ice position, and just came off a fantastic season. He will be their Ryan Kesler. You don't trade guys like that very easily.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:19 PM
  #119
Paradise
Individual thinker
 
Paradise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waiverpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
I would venture to say that Watson is virtually untouchable for NSH, especially if Wilson is out the door. He is their future at the centre ice position, and just came off a fantastic season. He will be their Ryan Kesler. You don't trade guys like that very easily.
I understand. I'd think something could be worked out with a Wilson + Josi/Ellis/Blum deal. I understand Josi is really well liked, but he's someone I'm sure the Jets would at least inquire about. Ellis looked good last season, when he was up, but he also played shelter minute's behind Weber and Suter. I'm kinda disappointed with Blum's regression last season, so a pick may have to be included if he was the one that was acquired.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:26 PM
  #120
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,762
vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I like Watson also, but I think we need a d-man with top 4 ability coming back. We'll need to have someone step in and pickup Enstrom's almost 24 minutes a game. I know we can divide up some of his minutes, but other than Bogo, Buff and Hainsey, there's nobody currently on the Jets that I'd want picking up those minutes. Stuart should stay on the bottom pairing and Clitsome is more of a bottom pairing (7th) d-man. Even Postma and Kulda should be brought into the NHL as bottom pairing guys IMO. Of course if we can find that top 4 d-man in FA, then I"m all for a Enstrom for Wilson + Watson deal.
IF Enstrom is dealt, I don't really see a defenseman coming back that can handle top 4 minutes. If that was the case, why would the other team be trading him? Ellis and / or Blum are not able to handle top 4 minutes either, so getting either one of them doesn't solve that problem any better than getting someone like Watson.

Plus, Ellis especially doesn't look like the player the Jets are trying to acquire if our last two drafts are any indication.

I think if Entrom is dealt, that Chevy would need to make a secondary move(s) to replace his minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
I would venture to say that Watson is virtually untouchable for NSH, especially if Wilson is out the door. He is their future at the centre ice position, and just came off a fantastic season. He will be their Ryan Kesler. You don't trade guys like that very easily.
Pretty much why I would want him as well.

It appears from the last two drafts that the Jets are trying to get bigger, and tougher to play against.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:34 PM
  #121
Paradise
Individual thinker
 
Paradise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waiverpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
IF Enstrom is dealt, I don't really see a defenseman coming back that can handle top 4 minutes. If that was the case, why would the other team be trading him? Ellis and / or Blum are not able to handle top 4 minutes either, so getting either one of them doesn't solve that problem any better than getting someone like Watson.

Plus, Ellis especially doesn't look like the player the Jets are trying to acquire if our last two drafts are any indication.

I think if Entrom is dealt, that Chevy would need to make a secondary move(s) to replace his minutes.
Sorry about the confusion, I should have used the word potential instead of ability.

I disagree with your comment about Ellis or Blum not being able to play in our top 4 (maybe not this season, but in the future). I think both need more seasoning, but both have top 4 upside IMO. Blum regressed last season, but the season before he looked very good and played like a #3. Also, just because we deal Enstrom doesn't mean that we didn't want to keep him (maybe it was his choice), and Ellis wouldn't still be wanted here. Just because we want to get bigger and tougher to play against doesn't mean we will overlook skill.


Last edited by Paradise: 06-24-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:24 PM
  #122
lukeleim
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Leafs trade Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri for Colin Wilson and the Predators' third round pick of 2013?

Trade John-Michael Liles, Greg McKegg and the Leafs' second round pick of 2012 to the Vancouver Canucks for Roberto Luongo.

Sign Justin Schultz

Lupul - Wilson - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur
Kulemin - Steckel - Connolly
Brown - Colborne - Frattin
(Lombardi, Armstrong)

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Franson
Schultz - Komisarek
(Holzer)

Luongo
Scrivens

lukeleim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:35 PM
  #123
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,762
vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Sorry about the confusion, I should have used the word potential instead of ability.

I disagree with your comment about Ellis or Blum not being able to play in our top 4 (maybe not this season, but in the future). I think both need more seasoning, but both have top 4 upside IMO. Blum regressed last season, but the season before he looked very good and played like a #3. Also, just because we deal Enstrom doesn't mean that we didn't want to keep him (maybe it was his choice), and Ellis wouldn't still be wanted here. Just because we want to get bigger and tougher to play against doesn't mean we will overlook skill.
I hear what you are saying. In regards to Enstrom and trades, I usually assume that he's expressed his opinion not to resign with us in these discussions.

Regarding guys like Blum and Ellis, they could be top 4 guys at some point in the future, I was just trying to say that the guys we would get back in an Enstrom trade are most likely not going to be in the top 4 right away so getting a defenseman back in the deal isn't as important as already knowing where you are going to get that defenseman who will be in the top 4 (another trade or UFA).

As for the size vs skill angle, I agree as well. I certainly hope we don't only look to guys with size at the expense of skill.

But I wouldn't put a guy like Watson in the purely size over skill category. He's a guy I would want (and obviously Preds fans do as well), because he looks like the kind of player how might be able to bring both.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:05 AM
  #124
Paradise
Individual thinker
 
Paradise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waiverpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I hear what you are saying. In regards to Enstrom and trades, I usually assume that he's expressed his opinion not to resign with us in these discussions.

Regarding guys like Blum and Ellis, they could be top 4 guys at some point in the future, I was just trying to say that the guys we would get back in an Enstrom trade are most likely not going to be in the top 4 right away so getting a defenseman back in the deal isn't as important as already knowing where you are going to get that defenseman who will be in the top 4 (another trade or UFA).

As for the size vs skill angle, I agree as well. I certainly hope we don't only look to guys with size at the expense of skill.

But I wouldn't put a guy like Watson in the purely size over skill category. He's a guy I would want (and obviously Preds fans do as well), because he looks like the kind of player how might be able to bring both.
Don't get me wrong Huffer, I really like Watson. He works hard, plays with passion and grit, and can still put the puck in the net. Maybe a 2 for 3 swap could workout?

Enstrom + Klingberg + pick (2013 3rd)

for

Wilson + Watson + Blum

There might be some tweaks, but overall I like the deal.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:26 AM
  #125
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeleim View Post
Leafs trade Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri for Colin Wilson and the Predators' third round pick of 2013?

Trade John-Michael Liles, Greg McKegg and the Leafs' second round pick of 2012 to the Vancouver Canucks for Roberto Luongo.

Sign Justin Schultz

Lupul - Wilson - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur
Kulemin - Steckel - Connolly
Brown - Colborne - Frattin
(Lombardi, Armstrong)

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Franson
Schultz - Komisarek
(Holzer)

Luongo
Scrivens
I don't see either of those trades happening.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.