HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colin Wilson to WPG,TOR

Old
06-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Wilson for Liles?
I wouldn't trade Wilson for a 32 year old offensive defenseman.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
a fifth round pick is minor...collin wilson isn't a minor piece
Tobias Enstrom is a legitimate #1 defenseman, with great skills both offensively and defensively. It blows my mind how he remains so underrated after being one of the league's best defensemen consistently since his rookie year. If he were 3-4 inches taller, he'd probably get a lot more recognition. People seem to think small=bad.

He's every bit as good as Alex Edler, if not better. Would Vancouver do Edler for Wilson? Absolutely not. Same goes for Winnipeg with Enstrom.

You aren't going to get a legitimate #1 (#2 on Nashville, due to Weber) defenseman for spare parts.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:01 AM
NoNecksCurse

my post simply stated wilson isnt a minor piece... obviously its enstrom for wilson +

and again wilson isn't spare parts. enstrom may be underrated but you are overrating him now. he isnt a legitimate #1 defenseman. thats weber, chara, lidstrom, suter, etc. he is a #2 right now on an ideal defense corps.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:03 AM
maplepred

Poile already said radulov will never wear a Nashville jersey again. And I also highly doubt ak comes back after his actions from playoffs, especially after being new to the team. People all blame rads for that but it was just as much ak's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Colin Wilson has once again managed to find himself in Trotz's doghouse despite very good offensive play. I'm just not sure that these two will gel at all. We wouldn't trade him becuase of a lack of talent, but a lack of chemistry with the coach and a full top 6. If the Preds re-sign AK,SK, Radulov, and Hornqvist, while keeping Erat, Legwand, Fisher, and Smith, Wilson is expendable. I figured the 'Peg (hometown) and Toronto (Burke loves him) would be two likely destinations. What would you give for him? Nashville could really use defensive depth, which both teams mentioned have, to some extent.

Oh, and by the way, he's an RFA, not a UFA.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:06 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Poile already said radulov will never wear a Nashville jersey again. And I also highly doubt ak comes back after his actions from playoffs, especially after being new to the team. People all blame rads for that but it was just as much ak's fault.
check the date lol

Old
06-24-2012, 11:32 AM
umbertovanek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
What about Zemgus Grigensons?
You mean Roy+Girgensons for Wilson + Legwand?
Hm, I'd rather not.
Not saying the value is terrible, but Girgs is too much of what the Sabres need. And he's our shiny new toy, as well.

Also, the idea was to have Legwand as a placeholder until Girgensons/Grigorenko are ready.

Not to mention the low probability of Regier giving up on a player he has just drafted.

umbertovanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbertovanek View Post
You mean Roy+Girgensons for Wilson + Legwand?
Hm, I'd rather not.
Not saying the value is terrible, but Girgs is too much of what the Sabres need. And he's our shiny new toy, as well.

Also, the idea was to have Legwand as a placeholder until Girgensons/Grigorenko are ready.

Not to mention the low probability of Regier giving up on a player he has just drafted.
Well the way I see it is Roy is around the same value as Legwand, Roy's better offensively Legwand defensively. and Wilson would be traded for a young talented forward, he's not that old himself, and is a recent top 10 pick.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Elever
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
Tobias Enstrom is a legitimate #1 defenseman, with great skills both offensively and defensively. It blows my mind how he remains so underrated after being one of the league's best defensemen consistently since his rookie year. If he were 3-4 inches taller, he'd probably get a lot more recognition. People seem to think small=bad.

He's every bit as good as Alex Edler, if not better. Would Vancouver do Edler for Wilson? Absolutely not. Same goes for Winnipeg with Enstrom.

You aren't going to get a legitimate #1 (#2 on Nashville, due to Weber) defenseman for spare parts.
I find it ironic actually because Enstrom is the most underrated dman in the league (on here for sure) and Colin Wilson is probably one of the most underrated young player in the league.

With that said, I don't think Wilson's value is even close to Enstrom yet but he'd certainly be a good basis in a potential deal. His value is definitely far above Liles though, lol at the Leafs fan who said 5th pick.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:05 PM
allan5oh
#moneypushups

vCash: 50
Does Wilson have the potential to be a #1 center? If not, Winnipeg passes. We already have a glut of centers that will never be a #1. We're possibly looking to upgrade Bryan Little. We already have Little(1st,2nd tweener), Antropov(2nd, 3rd), Burmistrov(2nd, 3rd good PK), Slater(3rd, 4th) at center. We're probably going to re-sign Wellwood. Usually Wellwood plays RW even though he's a traditional C.

In the system we have Scheifele (1st or 2nd line) and Cormier (3rd maybe 4th).

So I don't think they'll even consider this unless they think Wilson could be a #1 center that replaces Little. Unless he can be had for cheap which I doubt.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

Wilson + Ellis

For

Enstrom

Thrashers94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:09 PM
KlattNazty

been a big fan of wilson since his draft year.

could care less what nationality he is, you wouldnt believe the crap some leaf fans come up with.

anyway, i know nashville is looking at defense replacements correct?

what if anything could the leafs offer? Id be willing to overpay i think.

how has he performed at C for nashville?

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
Wilson + Ellis

For

Enstrom
I'd be much more interested if Ellis was switched to Watson.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

Does Wilson have 60 point potential and how likely is he to reach it outside of Nashville's defensive system?

Dr Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:49 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

From the Leafs:

Gunnarson, Bozak (or MacA) and a 3rd

Would you do Kadri straight up?

If Luongo is coming to TO, how about Gunnar, Scrivens and a 3rd? (I don't know what Nash's plan is for backup goalie).

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:24 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
Does Wilson have 60 point potential and how likely is he to reach it outside of Nashville's defensive system?
very likely. he was our best forward the first half of the season. playing along the likes of jordin tootoo and nick spaling. was almost leading our team in points at one point. playing with bottom 6 linemates.

Old
06-24-2012, 02:42 PM
km204

What would it take from Winnipeg to get Hornqvist and Wilson? Bogo, Wheeler, Kane, Ladd are not available.

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I'd be much more interested if Ellis was switched to Watson.
I like Watson also, but I think we need a d-man with top 4 ability coming back. We'll need to have someone step in and pickup Enstrom's almost 24 minutes a game. I know we can divide up some of his minutes, but other than Bogo, Buff and Hainsey, there's nobody currently on the Jets that I'd want picking up those minutes. Stuart should stay on the bottom pairing and Clitsome is more of a bottom pairing (7th) d-man. Even Postma and Kulda should be brought into the NHL as bottom pairing guys IMO. Of course if we can find that top 4 d-man in FA, then I"m all for a Enstrom for Wilson + Watson deal.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:57 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I like Watson also, but I think we need a d-man with top 4 ability coming back. We'll need to have someone step in and pickup Enstrom's almost 24 minutes a game. I know we can divide up some of his minutes, but other than Bogo, Buff and Hainsey, there's nobody currently on the Jets that I'd want picking up those minutes. Stuart should stay on the bottom pairing and Clitsome is more of a bottom pairing (7th) d-man. Even Postma and Kulda should be brought into the NHL as bottom pairing guys IMO. Of course if we can find that top 4 d-man in FA, then I"m all for a Enstrom for Wilson + Watson deal.

I would venture to say that Watson is virtually untouchable for NSH, especially if Wilson is out the door. He is their future at the centre ice position, and just came off a fantastic season. He will be their Ryan Kesler. You don't trade guys like that very easily.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
I would venture to say that Watson is virtually untouchable for NSH, especially if Wilson is out the door. He is their future at the centre ice position, and just came off a fantastic season. He will be their Ryan Kesler. You don't trade guys like that very easily.
I understand. I'd think something could be worked out with a Wilson + Josi/Ellis/Blum deal. I understand Josi is really well liked, but he's someone I'm sure the Jets would at least inquire about. Ellis looked good last season, when he was up, but he also played shelter minute's behind Weber and Suter. I'm kinda disappointed with Blum's regression last season, so a pick may have to be included if he was the one that was acquired.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Huffer

Quote:
IF Enstrom is dealt, I don't really see a defenseman coming back that can handle top 4 minutes. If that was the case, why would the other team be trading him? Ellis and / or Blum are not able to handle top 4 minutes either, so getting either one of them doesn't solve that problem any better than getting someone like Watson.

Plus, Ellis especially doesn't look like the player the Jets are trying to acquire if our last two drafts are any indication.

I think if Entrom is dealt, that Chevy would need to make a secondary move(s) to replace his minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Pretty much why I would want him as well.

It appears from the last two drafts that the Jets are trying to get bigger, and tougher to play against.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
IF Enstrom is dealt, I don't really see a defenseman coming back that can handle top 4 minutes. If that was the case, why would the other team be trading him? Ellis and / or Blum are not able to handle top 4 minutes either, so getting either one of them doesn't solve that problem any better than getting someone like Watson.

Plus, Ellis especially doesn't look like the player the Jets are trying to acquire if our last two drafts are any indication.

I think if Entrom is dealt, that Chevy would need to make a secondary move(s) to replace his minutes.
Sorry about the confusion, I should have used the word potential instead of ability.

I disagree with your comment about Ellis or Blum not being able to play in our top 4 (maybe not this season, but in the future). I think both need more seasoning, but both have top 4 upside IMO. Blum regressed last season, but the season before he looked very good and played like a #3. Also, just because we deal Enstrom doesn't mean that we didn't want to keep him (maybe it was his choice), and Ellis wouldn't still be wanted here. Just because we want to get bigger and tougher to play against doesn't mean we will overlook skill.

Last edited by Paradise: 06-24-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old
06-24-2012, 07:24 PM
lukeleim

Leafs trade Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri for Colin Wilson and the Predators' third round pick of 2013?

Trade John-Michael Liles, Greg McKegg and the Leafs' second round pick of 2012 to the Vancouver Canucks for Roberto Luongo.

Sign Justin Schultz

Lupul - Wilson - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur
Kulemin - Steckel - Connolly
Brown - Colborne - Frattin
(Lombardi, Armstrong)

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Franson
Schultz - Komisarek
(Holzer)

Luongo
Scrivens

lukeleim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Sorry about the confusion, I should have used the word potential instead of ability.

I disagree with your comment about Ellis or Blum not being able to play in our top 4 (maybe not this season, but in the future). I think both need more seasoning, but both have top 4 upside IMO. Blum regressed last season, but the season before he looked very good and played like a #3. Also, just because we deal Enstrom doesn't mean that we didn't want to keep him (maybe it was his choice), and Ellis wouldn't still be wanted here. Just because we want to get bigger and tougher to play against doesn't mean we will overlook skill.
I hear what you are saying. In regards to Enstrom and trades, I usually assume that he's expressed his opinion not to resign with us in these discussions.

Regarding guys like Blum and Ellis, they could be top 4 guys at some point in the future, I was just trying to say that the guys we would get back in an Enstrom trade are most likely not going to be in the top 4 right away so getting a defenseman back in the deal isn't as important as already knowing where you are going to get that defenseman who will be in the top 4 (another trade or UFA).

As for the size vs skill angle, I agree as well. I certainly hope we don't only look to guys with size at the expense of skill.

But I wouldn't put a guy like Watson in the purely size over skill category. He's a guy I would want (and obviously Preds fans do as well), because he looks like the kind of player how might be able to bring both.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:05 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
I hear what you are saying. In regards to Enstrom and trades, I usually assume that he's expressed his opinion not to resign with us in these discussions.

Regarding guys like Blum and Ellis, they could be top 4 guys at some point in the future, I was just trying to say that the guys we would get back in an Enstrom trade are most likely not going to be in the top 4 right away so getting a defenseman back in the deal isn't as important as already knowing where you are going to get that defenseman who will be in the top 4 (another trade or UFA).

As for the size vs skill angle, I agree as well. I certainly hope we don't only look to guys with size at the expense of skill.

But I wouldn't put a guy like Watson in the purely size over skill category. He's a guy I would want (and obviously Preds fans do as well), because he looks like the kind of player how might be able to bring both.
Don't get me wrong Huffer, I really like Watson. He works hard, plays with passion and grit, and can still put the puck in the net. Maybe a 2 for 3 swap could workout?

Enstrom + Klingberg + pick (2013 3rd)

for

Wilson + Watson + Blum

There might be some tweaks, but overall I like the deal.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:26 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeleim View Post
Leafs trade Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri for Colin Wilson and the Predators' third round pick of 2013?

Trade John-Michael Liles, Greg McKegg and the Leafs' second round pick of 2012 to the Vancouver Canucks for Roberto Luongo.

Sign Justin Schultz

Lupul - Wilson - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur
Kulemin - Steckel - Connolly
Brown - Colborne - Frattin
(Lombardi, Armstrong)

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Franson
Schultz - Komisarek
(Holzer)

Luongo
Scrivens
I don't see either of those trades happening.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote