HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

André Benoit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2012, 05:41 PM
  #26
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
Ohh alright. I just know in Nova Scotia you started primary at 4-5 years old....which was a grade. Elementary school was grade primary to grade 8.
In french École primaire is often interchangeable with École élémentaire, not sure which is correct though. Im sure he meant til grade 8 or so

MAK19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:45 PM
  #27
Ed Wood
Registered User
 
Ed Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblad the Impaler View Post
I trust you Informat. This is good news if true. A lot of question marks on our d right now. Wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Benoit steal the first callup or even 6-7 D spot.
Ditto. This is great news. At worst he'll be a valuable addition to Binghamton. I thought he was the equal of Derek Smith two years ago and Smith got top four minutes in Calgary last year. Making the Sens is not that far fetched.

Ed Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:55 PM
  #28
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher
 
JonnyMacSen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,963
vCash: 500
I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time some-one on here has mentioned Beniot coming back to Bingo next year? That or I dreampt it??

JonnyMacSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:21 PM
  #29
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,020
vCash: 500
Nice. This is like the AHL equivalent of signing Ryan Suter for Bingo. This definitely helps things, arguably the biggest reason why Bingo struggled last year was because of the inexperience on D. Adding a vet like Benoit was probably top of TMurr's list. Although player development is the #1 goal down there, winning is never a bad thing for that. Subban credits Benoit for his development in Hamilton. Its good that he'll be spending time around Wiercioch, Gryba, Blood, Boro etc.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:29 PM
  #30
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,218
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
SteffeG has been saying for a bit that he heard rumours about Benoit to Bingo. I believe it was Benoit he was talking about.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:31 PM
  #31
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,916
vCash: 4116
Johnny - you are right i know i read something a monthish ago

I agree with you FQL. This is huge for Bingo. OFD were bingo's biggest weakness last year. The offense was talented and deep, as was the DFD's, but offense from the backend is a huggggeee part of the success for this coming year

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:34 PM
  #32
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensinformat View Post
I can't say but rate my credibility when it happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensinformat View Post
I'm no informat just close of THAT situation, I'm no Senschirp and I'm not a Eklund lol just a fan that knows that info is 100% true and wanted to pass it along.<

And Benoit is good enough to play in NHL. Mostly what will happen is he will be the call up guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensinformat View Post
Yeah sorry i'm french lol can't hate me for that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensinformat View Post
no not family, Went to primary school with him, I remember the teachers would ask us who our Idol was and what is our dream.
I think the cat is pretty much out of the bag...we'll have to see when it's announced but you've already stated your affiliation. So much for not naming your source. Unfortunately if that's true then you have also implicated Andre and the Sens in league tampering by not adhering to transfer agreement rules as well as conducting UFA negotiations before they are UFA's which is a violation of league rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensinformat View Post
Look i just wanted to give a heads up to Sens fan because if a Sens fan knows something then I would like to know.
You don't want to give us a heads up. What you're doing is the same thing every idiot does in hockey - you make a bold prediction (which is probably true, time will tell) and then after the prediction occurs back it up with comments like "as expected" indicating your immaculate predictive experience or value in your sources, which is purely a move to draw attention. Good for you - you got your 2 pages of posts.

If Benoit does sign I will be happy because I thought he was a good player and could have played better than Lee or Gilroy this season. I hope he accepts his role in Bingo and plays well knowing that he is appreciated.

MainDotC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:39 PM
  #33
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
I think the cat is pretty much out of the bag...we'll have to see when it's announced but you've already stated your affiliation. So much for not naming your source. Unfortunately if that's true then you have also implicated Andre and the Sens in league tampering by not adhering to transfer agreement rules as well as conducting UFA negotiations before they are UFA's which is a violation of league rules.
I may have missed something, but when did the KHL and NHL sign a transfer agreement? I don't think there are any rules being broken here. Benoit is free to talk with any NHL/AHL team but he can't sign till his contract runs out in Russia.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:45 PM
  #34
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I may have missed something, but when did the KHL and NHL sign a transfer agreement? I don't think there are any rules being broken here. Benoit is free to talk with any NHL/AHL team but he can't sign till his contract runs out in Russia.
yep and look at Ryan Shannon, signed in Switzerland before his contract officially finished. Not an issue at all I don't think

MAK19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:03 PM
  #35
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
It's plausible.

Would be a good idea for bingo IMO. Need some more vet presence on the backend, and he does bring good offense. As for the big sens, he's 28 and looked less than capable in ottawa last year in a limited showing. I wouldnt bet on him to be more than an emergency call-up.

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:03 PM
  #36
DefenseMinister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Just an FYI that Syl St Laurent from La Presse did report about a month ago that Benoit coming back to the B-Sens was a good possibility so this is almost assuredly legit.

Why people question a poster who is passing on something as random as this is beyond me, it's a perfectly reasonable piece of news that an acquaintance or friend would be excited about.

For the guy who is hand wringing about ice time being taken away from Wiercioch, take a good look at the Bingo roster this year. You are hard pressed to find anyone over the age of 25 which may sound great to people who **** about prospects all day but it's not an ideal situation for a professional team looking to develop these players the right way.

Benoit is a perfect veteran addition to Bingo and will help shore up the very green defensive corps there. He will be leaned on as the number 1 d-man as he should be. Additionally he provides a nice option as an injury callup.

Coming off a year where a very young and inexperienced group crashed and burned, any veteran help should be welcomed, not greeted with disdain because they're taking away icetime from an undeserving prospect.

DefenseMinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:21 PM
  #37
Dionysus
Registered User
 
Dionysus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Around the bend
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 50
Great news for Bingo. They sorely need the veteran presence and depth provided by a top-flight AHL d-man like Benoit.

Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:34 PM
  #38
Lenny the Lynx
Registered User
 
Lenny the Lynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensinformat View Post
I'm no informat just close of THAT situation, I'm no Senschirp and I'm not a Eklund lol just a fan that knows that info is 100% true and wanted to pass it along.<

And Benoit is good enough to play in NHL. Mostly what will happen is he will be the call up guy.
For the record I also want to point out that everything I say is 100% true as well.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:58 PM
  #39
pepty
Registered User
 
pepty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,055
vCash: 492
Nice of the OP to give us the heads up.
Thanks.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:22 PM
  #40
SIMMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by defenseminister View Post
just an fyi that syl st laurent from la presse did report about a month ago that benoit coming back to the b-sens was a good possibility so this is almost assuredly legit.

Why people question a poster who is passing on something as random as this is beyond me, it's a perfectly reasonable piece of news that an acquaintance or friend would be excited about.

For the guy who is hand wringing about ice time being taken away from wiercioch, take a good look at the bingo roster this year. You are hard pressed to find anyone over the age of 25 which may sound great to people who **** about prospects all day but it's not an ideal situation for a professional team looking to develop these players the right way.

Benoit is a perfect veteran addition to bingo and will help shore up the very green defensive corps there. He will be leaned on as the number 1 d-man as he should be. Additionally he provides a nice option as an injury callup.

Coming off a year where a very young and inexperienced group crashed and burned, any veteran help should be welcomed, not greeted with disdain because they're taking away icetime from an undeserving prospect.
ditto

SIMMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:35 PM
  #41
jbeck5
Registered User
 
jbeck5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseMinister View Post
Just an FYI that Syl St Laurent from La Presse did report about a month ago that Benoit coming back to the B-Sens was a good possibility so this is almost assuredly legit.

Why people question a poster who is passing on something as random as this is beyond me, it's a perfectly reasonable piece of news that an acquaintance or friend would be excited about.

For the guy who is hand wringing about ice time being taken away from Wiercioch, take a good look at the Bingo roster this year. You are hard pressed to find anyone over the age of 25 which may sound great to people who **** about prospects all day but it's not an ideal situation for a professional team looking to develop these players the right way.

Benoit is a perfect veteran addition to Bingo and will help shore up the very green defensive corps there. He will be leaned on as the number 1 d-man as he should be. Additionally he provides a nice option as an injury callup.

Coming off a year where a very young and inexperienced group crashed and burned, any veteran help should be welcomed, not greeted with disdain because they're taking away icetime from an undeserving prospect.
Double ditto.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:36 PM
  #42
SIMMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote from MaindotC: I think the cat is pretty much out of the bag...we'll have to see when it's announced but you've already stated your affiliation. So much for not naming your source. Unfortunately if that's true then you have also implicated Andre and the Sens in league tampering by not adhering to transfer agreement rules as well as conducting UFA negotiations before they are UFA's which is a violation of league rules.

Response: You mean like when Radulov signed with the KHL while still with Nashville?

Incidently Sean Simpson recently said on the TEAM 1200 that KHL players sign contracts for the upcoming season with a different team during the middle of the playing season. It is accepted practice in Russia.

SIMMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:43 PM
  #43
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
In Europe there are no rules like that, most players sign in February and March.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:02 PM
  #44
koreaboy
Registered User
 
koreaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
every time i saw benoit in practices, scrimmages, or games i liked him. just a really solid guy, and i think he was a critical part of the bsens winning last year. he will be a very solid addition to that team if this is true.

only trouble is, it doesnt LOOK like he's ever been able to sustain that level against NHL competition, and if at 28 years old you arent a likely NHL player, do we want to take up a roster spot for him and prevent another young dman who might make it to the NHL one day from having it?

koreaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:31 PM
  #45
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMMAN View Post
Quote from MaindotC: I think the cat is pretty much out of the bag...we'll have to see when it's announced but you've already stated your affiliation. So much for not naming your source. Unfortunately if that's true then you have also implicated Andre and the Sens in league tampering by not adhering to transfer agreement rules as well as conducting UFA negotiations before they are UFA's which is a violation of league rules.

Response: You mean like when Radulov signed with the KHL while still with Nashville?

Incidently Sean Simpson recently said on the TEAM 1200 that KHL players sign contracts for the upcoming season with a different team during the middle of the playing season. It is accepted practice in Russia.
It's still tampering and could lead to fines - remember I'm thinking in terms of the NHL, not the KHL which pretty much does whatever it wants. I doubt Bettman will do anything about it as this signing will likely fly under the radar.

MainDotC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:34 PM
  #46
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
It's still tampering and could lead to fines - remember I'm thinking in terms of the NHL, not the KHL which pretty much does whatever it wants. I doubt Bettman will do anything about it as this signing will likely fly under the radar.
We should go on the Leafs board and say we have a close inside source saying Parise has signed with them. Get them fined and penalized in picks! That's how this stuff works, right?

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:48 PM
  #47
SIMMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
It's still tampering and could lead to fines - remember I'm thinking in terms of the NHL, not the KHL which pretty much does whatever it wants. I doubt Bettman will do anything about it as this signing will likely fly under the radar.
Really? Are you absolutely sure about this?

SIMMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:22 PM
  #48
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,231
vCash: 500
He was great for Bingo, would be good news.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:53 PM
  #49
Sensinformat*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
And I never said he signed a contract or anything. Just said I had info. I can't believe how people can be so childish with some minor contract lol.

Its minor news that all Sens fan should be happy about.

Sensinformat* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:39 PM
  #50
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensinformat View Post
And I never said he signed a contract or anything. Just said I had info. I can't believe how people can be so childish with some minor contract lol.

Its minor news that all Sens fan should be happy about.
seriously. We're not even talking about an NHL player here. We're talking about a local AHL dman who played for us a year ago before going to russia for a bit. Completely plausible if not likely scenario.

why the hell would someone make up a rumor about andre benoit?

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.