HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Hurricanes select LW Brock McGinn at #47 (Guelph)

Old
06-23-2012, 07:40 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by visor wearing goon View Post
So a Pat Dwyer with the potential to be a LaRose. And we drafted him in the 3rd. Hopefully JR makes us look stupid and him a genius with this pick, but I won't hold my breath.
If we got a Dwyer/LaRose type career out of this kid, that would make for a successful 2nd round pick.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

only if he's up and we don't still have his older models playing.. I'm fine with the pick.. ya need grinders it's not like they have to pay him a boatload.

Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:27 PM
StormSurge9

As a guy who has watched a lot of Storm games this past season, let me tell you your getting a heck of a player. He can fill any role so he is a pretty safe bet to make the NHL in some regard. Oozes character as well (Most people here in Guelph think he will don the C this upcoming season)

His offensive potential is still up in the air. His rookie season he played sparingly behind vets and other NHL prospects. This season it was all about his wrist injury and even when he returned he wasn't 100% and you could tell it affected his offense. But he would still crash the net, bang in the corners and loves to hit people.

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:40 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
only if he's up and we don't still have his older models playing.. I'm fine with the pick.. ya need grinders it's not like they have to pay him a boatload.
I certainly hope we wouldn't still have Dwyer and LaRose on the roster when McGinn is in his prime.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
I certainly hope we wouldn't still have Dwyer and LaRose on the roster when McGinn is in his prime.
Chad will have settled into his role as smile instructor by then.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
As a guy who has watched a lot of Storm games this past season, let me tell you your getting a heck of a player. He can fill any role so he is a pretty safe bet to make the NHL in some regard. Oozes character as well (Most people here in Guelph think he will don the C this upcoming season)

His offensive potential is still up in the air. His rookie season he played sparingly behind vets and other NHL prospects. This season it was all about his wrist injury and even when he returned he wasn't 100% and you could tell it affected his offense. But he would still crash the net, bang in the corners and loves to hit people.
Good to hear. For a second round pick, you either want high ceiling or likely to meet a lower ceiling. Looks like we've got the second with McGinn, and looking forward to seeing him in a Canes uniform in a couple years.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Quacktastic
Whoopsie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
Chad will have settled into his role as smile instructor by then.
I think you mean Director of Smile Development.

Quacktastic is offline   Reply With Quote