HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nikolai Kulemin for Patrik Berglund.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Vladys Gumption

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
Leafs should add colbourne but... off topic could something work for oshie for adam +?
That + would have to be huge. Oshie plays a huge role on this team. He's proven himself to be at worst to be around a 20 goal/ 50 point player who plays an excellent two way game and plays extremely physical. I would consider moving him for one of two things. Pomminville, or a package that has Grigorenko in it.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:26 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Seriously please stop posting about the Blues. You do not watch the Blues therefore you do not know who are our capable centers. The Blues have learned who are capable centers through trial and Error. Just because a player played center in the past does not mean they are capable at the NHL level. The Blues play a certain style the Blues style makes it that they prefer big bodied centers. Backes was a winger converted to center because the people who you said are capable centers were not capable for our system.

Berglund would be dealt if a center better then him by a wide margin was coming back. He is not even on the table for a top pairing left handed defenseman because it would just create another big hole to fill.
So tell me who would play at center if Berglund goes down with an injury? I'm certainly not suggesting that any of the others would be an improvement but not such a HUGE downgrade as implied. So by your logic a straight up swap of Giroux for Berglund would be a bad move for the Blues because the other potential centers are soo bad that the extra offence gained by Giroux would be offset by the downgrade at C?

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
So he peaked but Bergland didn't? What are you basing that off of?

You act as if he has done alot better. Same age, same draft. 7 more GP and 11 more points. That isn't THAT big of a difference.

Henrik, at Kulemins age, had a career high of 16 goals. Career high of 42 points.

Daniel had a career high of 18 goals, 54 points.

Both lower than Kulemin.

Henrik had 44 goals, 144 points, 318 GP in his first 4 seasons.

Daniel had 61 goals, 151 points, 315 GP in his first 4 seasons.

Kulemin had 61 goals in his first 3 seasons. 68 goals, 152 points, 303 GP in his first 4 seasons.

Not saying he will be as good, just pointing out how dumb it is to think players peak this young and that Kulemins stats are actually close to these guys at that age. Actually it is better, even if you include his 7 goal season.
The Sedins were bottom 6 players when they first broke into the league. They weren't relied upon to score. Ever since they have they have been dominant and their stats back it up

Kulemin has been a top 6 forward for the Leafs ever since he was a rookie, therefore getting more minutes to score

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
So tell me who would play at center if Berglund goes down with an injury? I'm certainly not suggesting that any of the others would be an improvement but not such a HUGE downgrade as implied. So by your logic a straight up swap of Giroux for Berglund would be a bad move for the Blues because the other potential centers are soo bad that the extra offence gained by Giroux would be offset by the downgrade at C?
Right now, with the roster as currently construed.....honestly im not sure.

Oshie/Steen/McDonald have next to playing time at center if any at all for the Blues.

This is why center is listed as one our few needs.

Where does Kulemin fit on the roster? He's behind Perron/McDonald/Steen on the left and Oshie/Stewart/likelyTarasenko on the right.

Explain how it makes sense for the Blues.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Except Giroux for Berglund straight up wouldn't be a bad deal for us. Any time you can get a world-class player like that you do it. I'd make the deal in a heartbeat and then address the second line center from there. The upgrade is well worth the risk in that situation. But what you seem to fail to realize is that a trade like that would never happen in a million years. So to bring it up is a moot point.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:37 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
If the Blues re-sign Arnott(or similar UFA/trade option) they would bump Arnott up, and swap Sobotka off the 4th line wing to 3rd line center if this is just a couple weeks , or less, type of scenario. If Backes/Berglund go down for the year in November? Doug Armstrong will be making a trade unless we find a center option this summer that could at least challenge Berglund for the #2C duties.

Using McDonald at center(not just taking faceoffs) is like fitting a square peg in a round hole under Hitch. And neither Oshie or Steen are a sure enough bet at center for a team that should be competing for the Central Division again.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:40 PM
tsujimoto74

The Blues also need centers. Don't think there's a deal to be made here.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:42 PM
bobbyt91

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Right now, with the roster as currently construed.....honestly im not sure.

Oshie/Steen/McDonald have next to playing time at center if any at all for the Blues.

This is why center is listed as one our few needs.

Where does Kulemin fit on the roster? He's behind Perron/McDonald/Steen on the left and Oshie/Stewart/likelyTarasenko on the right.

Explain how it makes sense for the Blues.
Oh the trade...... it doesn't I thought we established the trade was a no go I was just arguing the point that the Blues do have more center capable players even tho they may be a downgrade

Old
06-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
The Sedins were bottom 6 players when they first broke into the league. They weren't relied upon to score. Ever since they have they have been dominant and their stats back it up

Kulemin has been a top 6 forward for the Leafs ever since he was a rookie, therefore getting more minutes to score
I can't honestly take this seriously. Sedins are not built for bottom six, there defensive game is weak and they have no grit at all in them unless Canucks had a bull in their bottom six at that time to protect both their *****(sorry about using foul language).

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Oh the trade...... it doesn't I thought we established the trade was a no go I was just arguing the point that the Blues do have more center capable players even tho they may be a downgrade

Ah.

The risk is big enough on all of them that in any realistic scenario, Blues cant trade Berglund.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:45 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
That + would have to be huge. Oshie plays a huge role on this team. He's proven himself to be at worst to be around a 20 goal/ 50 point player who plays an excellent two way game and plays extremely physical. I would consider moving him for one of two things. Pomminville, or a package that has Grigorenko in it.
Thats a tad bit rich for my blood. Value is there just not a big enough need from both parties. Appreciate the quick response.

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
I can't honestly take this seriously. Sedins are not built for bottom six, there defensive game is weak and they have no grit at all in them unless Canucks had a bull in their bottom six at that time to protect both their *****(sorry about using foul language).
There were players higher on the depth chart thus they were pushed down to the third line to develop as opposed to the second

Also I will have you know that the Sedins defensive game is very underrated. When they played on our PK it was #1 in the league

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:46 PM
DBrown09

STL: Stewart, McRae, and a 1st

TOR: Phaneuf

Fair Value?

Would McRae have to be swapped out with Cole to send a D the other way?

DBrown09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:51 PM
bobbyt91

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Berglund is bumping Backes off the 1st line some time in the next 2 seasons, Now that he seems to be using his size more i expect a big year from him, I picked him early last year in my hockey pool but i guess I was a year early. This year I'm expecting Kessel to put up 85pts, Gardiner 45-50. Berglund 65-70. Duchenne to have a big rebound year and hit 35/35, Granlund in Min to hit at least 45 and really interested to see J.Staal's #'s with his bro. my sleeper pick's are totally homer picks with either Frattin or Kadri hitting 50pts.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:53 PM
bobbyt91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrown09 View Post
STL: Stewart, McRae, and a 1st

TOR: Phaneuf

Fair Value?

Would McRae have to be swapped out with Cole to send a D the other way?
How about Phaneuf for Shattenkirk straight up?? I love that kid!!

Old
06-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
Thats a tad bit rich for my blood. Value is there just not a big enough need from both parties. Appreciate the quick response.
Totally understand it being too much. Should have clarified...I didn't mean Oshie for Pomminville straight up. I think Pomminville the better player at this point, and I've always hoped there would be a miracle that allowed the BLues to get him. There'd have to be other pieces involved. But if the Blues were to move Oshie, I'd want to either have a definite upgrade on the wing, or get a top line center.Personally I was extremely jealous that you guys got Grigorenko. I was praying he would drop to around 15 so that Army could try to move up for him.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
How about Phaneuf for Shattenkirk straight up?? I love that kid!!
Personally as a Blues fan I wouldn't do that. I dont' think we've seen the top end of Shattenkirk's potential. And he fits in to our system very well. Not to mention he's still on his entry level contract.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:01 PM
bobbyt91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Personally as a Blues fan I wouldn't do that. I dont' think we've seen the top end of Shattenkirk's potential. And he fits in to our system very well. Not to mention he's still on his entry level contract.
exactly why I want him.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
As a Blues fan I totally say yes!

We have too few Wingers and WAY TOO MANY CENTERMEN

To op btw

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
exactly why I want him.
He won't be cheap at all. He's become the main piece of the EJ trade. If we trade him we would fill a hole on the left side, and promptly open up a hole on the right side.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:07 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
He followed up a career year with a horrible one. Shows a lot about his character and passion.

Character and passion? You're kidding, right? His character and passion could never be questioned...

Your comment shows you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

But hey, since accuracy clearly isn't important to you, Kesler is a defensive liability, the Sedins have no chemistry together, and the Canucks are a likley lottery team next year.

Wow, this is fun!

OP: Both players are coming off a bad year but as several Blues fans have stated, center is thin for them.. They likley wouldn't have interest in moving a Berglund without getting some type of replacement in return. Regardless of value, they'd be opening a big hole and adding to an abundance of wingers.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:53 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:

No he hasn't. He didn't start playing top six until Bozak showed up at the second half of the 09 - 10 season.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:17 PM
supercilious

Kulemin, Franson, Kadri, 2013 1st & 2nd for Oshie, Perron, McRae & Allen!

supercilious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercilious View Post
Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke The Blues get totally bent over.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:07 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercilious View Post
You know it's bad when the only piece that I'd have any interest in is the 1st round pick. That is a big no go from us.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote