HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All things Parise! Proposals, speculation, rumors

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo98 View Post
Every team in the league would take Spezza over Parise.
I highly doubt that.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:08 PM
MNState0fHockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hey I could be very wrong it just seems 9Mil a year would be severe overpayment. I don't see a smart franchise like Detroit making that move. A desperate team possibly I guess just seems like a bad idea IMO.
Hey, I agree. Minnesota is under a lot of pressure from our fan base to sign him though. It wouldn't be wise cap wise, but they would see a lot of merchandise fly off the shelves. Broten sweaters are still in Top 5 highest selling sweaters in Minny.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:12 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
If Minnesota really gives them 90/10, they're absolute idiots, not for giving him that money, but because if they tack on 2 cap circumvention years at $1m each, they knock that cap hit down from $9m to $7.67m.

10 year deal makes absolutely zero sense.
That's what is being rumored:

http://m.1500espn.com/pages/sportswi...t_future061512

As for the contract length, that's what is being rumored for Crosby too (90 million for 10 yrs) and he's younger:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...lion-annually/

Old
06-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
Every team in the league would take Spezza over Parise.
By every you mean like 5, right?

Spezza had been a major disappointment before rebounding this year and was the subject of many trade talks in Ottawa. Parise has consistently produced at an elite level when healthy and plays much more of a two way game than Spezza. The only advantage you can give Spezza is that he plays a more coveted position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
No. A few NJ fans would grumble but the majority of hockey fans in the area would be thrilled. Fans from other markets might grumble a bit with the status quo Ranger hate, but that's a given and it fades quickly.

But is he the missing piece for the Rangers? I've been a big fan of him going to NY. He's a great player. But even I am now unsure if he's what they need to get to the next level.

NY has a lot of gritty hard working players. Great work ethic on that roster. Parise would fit right in but maybe a pure straight up goal scorer fits their needs better at this point.

It would also be pretty good for the rivalry
I don't know why you're going on about the Rangers signing Parise when the guy you quoted was talking about the Penguins, coupled with the fact that Parise publicly said he wasn't signing with the Rangers.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Steveo98

[QUOTE=Malkin4Top6Wingerz;51467639]By every you mean like 5, right?

Spezza had been a major disappointment before rebounding this year and was the subject of many trade talks in Ottawa. Parise has consistently produced at an elite level when healthy and plays much more of a two way game than Spezza. The only advantage you can give Spezza is that he plays a more coveted position.

Very big advantage.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNState0fHockey View Post
Hey, I agree. Minnesota is under a lot of pressure from our fan base to sign him though. It wouldn't be wise cap wise, but they would see a lot of merchandise fly off the shelves. Broten sweaters are still in Top 5 highest selling sweaters in Minny.
I think this year, getting so close to the Cup but falling short, really puts winning a cup as the top priority over money for Parise if he decides to leave NJ. That's why I think Pit, Det, LA, all have a leg up on Minnesota. He may decide to move home and take the money, but to ultra competitive people, winning usually takes priority.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:24 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
I think this year, getting so close to the Cup but falling short, really puts winning a cup as the top priority over money for Parise if he decides to leave NJ. That's why I think Pit, Det, LA, all have a leg up on Minnesota. He may decide to move home and take the money, but to ultra competitive people, winning usually takes priority.
I agree that he'd probably accept less to win, but $2 million per on a lengthy contract I'm not so sure on. I'm actually doubtful he would. Pittsburgh will have to pay. That's a lot of money.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:29 PM
heartsabres*

I still think Parise signs in Buffalo. Pegualabucks and the ability to front load contracts at 12m per season for the first 3 or 4 seasons leaves Buffalo as the front runner. I do believe Darcy Regier will offer Parise the most money.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
I agree that he'd probably accept less to win, but $2 million per on a lengthy contract I'm not so sure on. I'm actually doubtful he would. Pittsburgh will have to pay. That's a lot of money.
Yeah, but what if he looks at it this way, "I can make 90 million over the next 10 years and not win the cup... or I can make 75 mil over that time and win 2 cups". I think he chooses less money and the Cups! It's not like 75 mil is chump change.

Now, signing in Det, Pit, LA doesn't guarantee a cup, nor does playing in Minn mean you won't. However, I'm sure we can agree that the fore-mentioned teams have rosters that look more promising. Pit and LA also have young superstars as their cores that promise a competitive team right now, and for the foreseeable future.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Hell Zeon*
Captain Kovalchuk******

I'm a Devils fan but saying Parise over Spezza is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Spezza is light years better than Parise.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
I still think Parise signs in Buffalo. Pegualabucks and the ability to front load contracts at 12m per season for the first 3 or 4 seasons leaves Buffalo as the front runner. I do believe Darcy Regier will offer Parise the most money.
Yeah, money is nice but look beyond just the money. Pit, Det, and LA all offer better rosters at the moment, and look at who he'd play with in these cities...Crosby or Datsyuk or Kopitar.....Sorry but those 3 are way above Ennis.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:48 PM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Yeah, money is nice but look beyond just the money. Pit, Det, and LA all offer better rosters at the moment, and look at who he'd play with in these cities...Crosby or Datsyuk or Kopitar.....Sorry but those 3 are way above Ennis.
Gotta start somewhere and Stafford and Parise are BFFs seems like these days that is all that matters

Old
06-24-2012, 07:55 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Yeah, but what if he looks at it this way, "I can make 90 million over the next 10 years and not win the cup... or I can make 75 mil over that time and win 2 cups". I think he chooses less money and the Cups! It's not like 75 mil is chump change.

Now, signing in Det, Pit, LA doesn't guarantee a cup, nor does playing in Minn mean you won't. However, I'm sure we can agree that the fore-mentioned teams have rosters that look more promising. Pit and LA also have young superstars as their cores that promise a competitive team right now, and for the foreseeable future.
I still think he takes the $$$. That's a lot of money. Especially if he thinks he has a chance to win it all eventually. Winning right away vs eventually isn't worth $20+ million. $5-10, maybe.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Gotta start somewhere and Stafford and Parise are BFFs seems like these days that is all that matters
BFFs? Is that why Crosby was with Parise's parents in his box for the cup finals?

Old
06-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Jerzey Devil

Zach has a BFF on every team in the NHL apparantly.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:01 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
BFFs? Is that why Crosby was with Parise's parents in his box for the cup finals?
Not saying they aren't friends, but I really don't get where people are saying they're good friends. They didn't play at Shattuck at the same time. When did they become great friends? Serious question. J.P. Parise was Sid's coach at Shattuck, but that is the only confirmed connection I know of. Couldn't Sid just as easily have been sitting up their to catch up with his old coach while watching the Finals?

Old
06-24-2012, 08:01 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey Devil View Post
Zach has a BFF on every team in the NHL apparantly.
That's what I am coming to realize as well.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
I still think he takes the $$$. That's a lot of money. Especially if he thinks he has a chance to win it all eventually. Winning right away vs eventually isn't worth $20+ million. $5-10, maybe.
Yeah, but 10 years of having a chance is a lot better than 5 years of having a chance, and that is provided Minn prospects work out. Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franson, Richards, Carter, Kopitar, Doughty, are all proven assets. It is much more reasonable to think that Pit and LA, who have a young core of stars and superstars, offer a more legit chance of winning the cup than a team counting on prospects.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Not that it matters, but Drew Stafford legitimately is best friends with Zach Parise, unlike Crosby and Suter, who just seem to be called friends because they've hung out with each other in the past. Stafford is going to be in Zach's wedding party.....so I truly believe Stafford is a very good friend.

Quote:
Not saying they aren't friends, but I really don't get where people are saying they're good friends. They didn't play at Shattuck at the same time. When did they become great friends? Serious question. J.P. Parise was Sid's coach at Shattuck, but that is the only confirmed connection I know of. Couldn't Sid just as easily have been sitting up their to catch up with his old coach while watching the Finals?
that's the impression i get....

Last edited by Fayne Staley: 06-24-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old
06-24-2012, 08:15 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Yeah, but 10 years of having a chance is a lot better than 5 years of having a chance, and that is provided Minn prospects work out. Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franson, Richards, Carter, Kopitar, Doughty, are all proven assets. It is much more reasonable to think that Pit and LA, who have a young core of stars and superstars, offer a more legit chance of winning the cup than a team counting on prospects.
I'm not necessarily talking about just Minnesota. I think other teams will offer him more than $7 million per, and I think other teams will offer front loaded contracts. I don't think the Penguins get him for $7 million per. And I don't see him turning down $20 million regardless. I just don't. That's a lot of money.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
I agree with this. Kovalchuk took the $100 versus the Kings $80. Kovalchuk has the money and LA has the cup. Doesn't mean that NJ won't win a cup over the next 10 years.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:17 PM
heartsabres*

Quote:

Old
06-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I agree with this. Kovalchuk took the $100 versus the Kings $80. Kovalchuk has the money and LA has the cup. Doesn't mean that NJ won't win a cup over the next 10 years.
Comparing Russian players to North American players is not a good comparison when it comes to money versus the cup. The Stanley Cup is just not the same to Russians as it is the Americans and Canadians, who value winning it much more. Almost all of the Russians who come to the NHL, do so to make money, and play against the best competition. So essentially, yes, they do normally go to the highest bidder.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:32 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
That's what I am coming to realize as well.
He's a nice, good looking guy. People like us tend to make a lot of friends.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
I'm not necessarily talking about just Minnesota. I think other teams will offer him more than $7 million per, and I think other teams will offer front loaded contracts. I don't think the Penguins get him for $7 million per. And I don't see him turning down $20 million regardless. I just don't. That's a lot of money.
Do you think Ron Burkle can't afford to front load Parise's contract if that is the only setback to him being a Penguin?

Closed Thread