HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Discussion VI: Well that got out of hand (UPDATED contract chart in Post 1)

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 07:52 PM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
He's a hell of alot better option to fall back on than Sullivan. If this board can't see that then god help you.
He'll also be 3 times more expensive.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:52 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
With all of these links being posted, I don't see any solid hint but just more and more speculation from the media due to the cap clearing move by Shero. I get this feeling that we are all going to be severely disappointed if we don't get ZP or RS. I really hope it doesn't end up being a Jagr move again but its not out of the question that both or one of them go to Philly or the Rags. Maybe even the Devils if they extend Parise and sign Suter?

I don't know whats going to happen but in the end, I hope I am not disappointed which I will be if we do not get ZP. I'd love to have Suter but I just think we need Parise more especially with the defensive prospects that we have, Suter will just become another reason for a logjam at D.
And that's a problem? Sign Suter, keep Letang longterm, and the rest will take care of itself.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:53 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
To Pens:

Douglas Murray

To Sharks:

2nd Rounder
Tyler Kennedy
They like Murray much more than that.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
I would wager that people in Detroit are talking about getting Suter the way we're talking about getting Parise. Lidstrom's gone, they need a new leader and go to guy on D, the money is freed up. Makes perfect sense to me.
odds we are both wrong and they flip flop? Just for the fun of it?

Old
06-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Jacob

I don't see the Penguins getting both. I'd be thrilled with one or the other.

Personally though, I'd favor Bobby Ryan over Parise. With him being a right-shot that can play a power game, I think that's a need for us.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
because he's a lot better than him.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
They like Murray much more than that.
Nope:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=547

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=549

Old
06-24-2012, 08:00 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
I don't see the Penguins getting both. I'd be thrilled with one or the other.

Personally though, I'd favor Bobby Ryan over Parise. With him being a right-shot that can play a power game, I think that's a need for us.
I've said this before that I'd love to have Parise here because he's one of my favorite players, but this is another great point.

Having someone like Ryan on that left wall of the powerplay would be absolute money.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:04 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
I've said this before that I'd love to have Parise here because he's one of my favorite players, but this is another great point.

Having someone like Ryan on that left wall of the powerplay would be absolute money.
Yeah, that is a great point Jacob and JTG.

Ryan would slot in nicely on the PP.

Still would take Parise over Ryan, (especially not having to give up assets to get him) but would love to see Ryan if we can't get Parise. With, of course, the usual caveat being what we would have to give up.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:05 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

That's their opinion, I have mine. He's kind of a dumb brute, but he's also a relevant ingredient on their defense. They're anything but stockpiled at D and I don't think our crap would be enough to get him.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:07 PM
JTG

I could see us trying to run that powerplay this season with 4 left handed shots, working 1 side of the ice. We have to get a righty on that left wall who is a threat. That's sort of why I'd like Shero to inquire about Setoguchi. And I'll keep wanting to see 2 powerplay units where Sid and Geno each work the whole right wall.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:07 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

As someone else mentioned I really don't see how we would acquire Ryan unless the Ducks want a smattering of D prospects. Joe Morrow would be going the other way if this happened so try that on and see how it fits.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:14 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
What do you propose we offer for either? I hope they want some combination of prospects, TK and Paul Martin.

And there are a bunch of options other than Kulemin or Whitney. Do you really think our only chance to be better than last year is to get Parise, Nash or Ryan? Keep in mind, there is the trade deadline to help fine tune. If I remember right, the Kings made pretty good use of that.

I would love one of those guys. I just don't think we will be as bad as you seem to think if we miss out on them.
Morrow, Bennett, & Harrington. Pouliot, Despres, & Martin. Morrow, Despres, TK. We have a ton of prospects to offer them now.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post

Kulimen & his 7 goals & a 40 year old Whitney don't fit with those names. Staal, Michalek>Kulimen, Whitney, Sutter. We are a worse team for sure.
Not even close.

I love how everyone fixates on Kulemin's poor season last year, yet ignore's the great season he had the year before, while also completely ignoring the fact that he's good defensively, and plays the boards/corners well and use's his size and is still young.

I'd much rather have Whitney, Sutter and Kulemin than Staal and Michalek.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:19 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Not even close.

I love how everyone fixates on Kulemin's poor season last year, yet ignore's the great season he had the year before, while also completely ignoring the fact that he's good defensively, and plays the boards/corners well and use's his size and is still young.

I love how you fixate on the one good season he had out of four. I guess the other three years of him putting up 3rd line numbers are the outlier huh?

Old
06-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Not even close.

What would it take to get Kuli? With his poor season and the JVR trade it souldn't be too much IMO.

I'd love to do TK or Cooke+ but don't know if they'd do it.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Riptide

Quote:
I love how you fixate on the one good season he had out of four. I guess the other three years of him putting up 3rd line numbers are the outlier huh?
I have no expectations of him being a regular 30 goal guy. However could see him being a 20-25 guy. But when you pot 30 in your 3rd year, and have other assets (size, board play, defensive game), 1 bad season doesn't mean a lot at that point.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
What would it take to get Kuli? With his poor season and the JVR trade it souldn't be too much IMO.

I'd love to do TK or Cooke+ but don't know if they'd do it.
Honestly more than we could afford or would be willing to give up. Toronto has a ton of D prospects, and doesn't need any bottom 6 guys (Kulemin can also fill that role). Unless we were willing to do something stupid (Harrington+1st), I don't see Toronto willing to sell low.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
To Pens:

Douglas Murray ($2.5 mil)

To Sharks:

2nd Rounder
Tyler Kennedy ($2 mil)
i'm no expert but i'd rather have a spazz-chest-sniper than a dumb-dump-truck. the Sharks PK was brutal in the playoffs, but he was especially bad.

Quote:
That's their opinion, I have mine. He's kind of a dumb brute, but he's also a relevant ingredient on their defense. They're anything but stockpiled at D and I don't think our crap would be enough to get him.
this analysis is on the nose in my opinion.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:26 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
I have no expectations of him being a regular 30 goal guy. However could see him being a 20-25 guy. But when you pot 30 in your 3rd year, and have other assets (size, board play, defensive game), 1 bad season doesn't mean a lot at that point.
More like a 15-20 goal guy which we already have plenty of.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:28 PM
JTG

Quote:
If I had to pick whether Kulemin would score 30 here, or 7...I'd pick 30. He's a good hockey player. He just has absolutely no one to play with.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:33 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Kulemin is an RFA right? We could do worse. 7 goals is troubling, I mean really troubling, but how many guys have hit 30 goals post-lockout and ended up just sucking horribly as players? He wouldn't be my first choice that's for sure, but when you consider they might let Kunitz walk next year unless he takes a pay cut, it's something to think about.

Getting him would be another story, however. As others have said the Leafs can't really afford to get rid of any forwards.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:37 PM
mpp9

Quote:
We need top 6 forwards. I'll pay a premium to get them. We have the cap space.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:46 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
We need top 6 forwards. I'll pay a premium to get them. We have the cap space.
If we can sign Parise, we really don't need top 6 forwards.

If we sign Parise and Suter, we really don't have the cap space.

I think the amount of money that it's going to take to get Whitney out of Phoenix is going to be a pretty sizable sum.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
If we can sign Parise, we really don't need top 6 forwards.

If we sign Parise and Suter, we really don't have the cap space.

I think the amount of money that it's going to take to get Whitney out of Phoenix is going to be a pretty sizable sum.
the whole conversation started by discussing the wing options if we couldn't get Parise. I don't think anyone would rather have Whitney.

And I really really don't think anyone should expect to get both Parise and Suter. It's just so unlikely imo.

Closed Thread