HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All things Parise! Proposals, speculation, rumors

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 08:37 PM
avalanche45

vCash: 500
For what it's worth Stafford and Parise train together every summer. However, Parise also trains with guys from about 10 other teams as well...

Old
06-24-2012, 08:38 PM
MNState0fHockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Do you think Ron Burkle can't afford to front load Parise's contract if that is the only setback to him being a Penguin?
I'm sure he could, but the same rumors floating around saying Parise is buddies with Crosby and that he's signing with the Penguins also says they are unwilling to front load the contract.

Quote:
The Penguins won’t consider signing a player to a salary higher than Crosby’s, and they will not front-load deals to lure free agents.
http://triblive.com/sports/2082976-8...agency-believe

Old
06-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNState0fHockey View Post
I'm sure he could, but the same rumors floating around saying Parise is buddies with Crosby and that he's signing with the Penguins also says they are unwilling to front load the contract.

http://triblive.com/sports/2082976-8...agency-believe
Stop posting Rob Rossi.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:46 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Look.. Shero might be more desperate to make signings and if that's the discussion - you have to make it work. Burkle might have to pocket it out.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:51 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
By every you mean like 5, right?

Spezza had been a major disappointment before rebounding this year and was the subject of many trade talks in Ottawa. Parise has consistently produced at an elite level when healthy and plays much more of a two way game than Spezza. The only advantage you can give Spezza is that he plays a more coveted position.

I don't know why you're going on about the Rangers signing Parise when the guy you quoted was talking about the Penguins, coupled with the fact that Parise publicly said he wasn't signing with the Rangers.
By consistently you mean... 1 elite year right?

Parise is very overrated.. whoever signs him will regret it.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Shaman464
#FireHolland

I see this as more of a long term move with the new CBA and 4 superstars with extensions on the horizon, clearing cap space to sign 4 players and have enough to ensure their stars stay in place seems a lot more like Sherro than going Blackhawks.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:54 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
By consistently you mean... 1 elite year right?

Parise is very overrated.. whoever signs him will regret it.
I just don't understand how you can say that. I watched this kid play a lot. He does a lot of the small things needed to be a elite player. He might not be the best fantasy hockey player who looks flashy and scores a ton of goals...but to say he's overrated is just completely wrong.

This kid can flat out play and will be a great addition to someone's team. If NJ signs him long-term they are very fortunate to keep their star player. Good leader, good player.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:56 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Stop posting Rob Rossi.
I posted one article. And it's not like that's the only piece of speculation being thrown around. I'd guess you'd like us to pick and choose which pieces of sensationalistic journalism we post based on how it makes your teams prospects of signing Zach look, ha?

In that case, Sid and Zach are best friends, despite never playing together. Zach doesn't care at all about money, despite the fact that this is likely his one and only shot at a big pay day.

How's that

Old
06-24-2012, 08:58 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Look.. Shero might be more desperate to make signings and if that's the discussion - you have to make it work. Burkle might have to pocket it out.
Maybe they will. All I know is the only thing I've seen reported is they won't.

And why the desperation. I can understand why the Wild are desperate and might make a foolish offer, but not Pittsburgh.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:00 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:

And why the desperation. I can understand why the Wild are desperate and might make a foolish offer, but not Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh had Plan A, which was to sign Staal. That didn't work out for them. When the 3 C model didn't work, we had to restructure what our team was all about. That means we need a more dynamic top 6.

With that being said - we are looking for a top winger. If that is the difference between a yes/no, I don't think it'd hold them up. They are on to Plan B. If this doesn't work, then I wonder where the Pens go.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:01 PM
MadDevil

Quote:
I just don't understand how you can say that. I watched this kid play a lot. He does a lot of the small things needed to be a elite player. He might not be the best fantasy hockey player who looks flashy and scores a ton of goals...but to say he's overrated is just completely wrong.
By HF logic that makes him overrated.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Gotta start somewhere and Stafford and Parise are BFFs seems like these days that is all that matters
I'd say it's the exact opposite. Money is what talks these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey Devil View Post
Zach has a BFF on every team in the NHL apparantly.
Except on the Devils, of course. He's spent 9 years in the organisation and made absolutely no friends at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Comparing Russian players to North American players is not a good comparison when it comes to money versus the cup. The Stanley Cup is just not the same to Russians as it is the Americans and Canadians, who value winning it much more. Almost all of the Russians who come to the NHL, do so to make money, and play against the best competition. So essentially, yes, they do normally go to the highest bidder.
This is a very unfair stereotype, and while it may be true for some Russians, it isn't true for Kovy. Kovy is very aware of NHL history and his place in it. He is routinely quoted as saying that the Cup is the most important thing to him, and that he'd give up all his accumulated career points to have a chance at the Cup. When he went to free agency, Kovy wanted both money and a chance to win, and he was able to get both from NJ. As a star player, it was his right to look for that opportunity.

But no, he's a selfish, money grubbing Russian.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Ominous Grey

Quote:

From Rob Rossi, who we have blacklisted on our own forum.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:03 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:

This kid can flat out play and will be a great addition to someone's team. If NJ signs him long-term they are very fortunate to keep their star player. Good leader, good player.
He is not an elite player not at all.

He's a good player for sure.. but not the kind you throw 8-9 million a year which it sounds like teams are going to throw him at.

His poor performances in the playoffs do not help.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman464 View Post
I see this as more of a long term move with the new CBA and 4 superstars with extensions on the horizon, clearing cap space to sign 4 players and have enough to ensure their stars stay in place seems a lot more like Sherro than going Blackhawks.
I think part of Sid agreeing to a contract extension for almost zero raise is because he wants an elite winger. I'm pretty sure that is why they go after Parise balls out. If Sid asked for 11mil per season, he'd get it. If said said I'll take the same salary I have for 10 years if you get me Zach Parise, yeah...they'll do as much as possible to make it happen.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:05 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Pittsburgh had Plan A, which was to sign Staal. That didn't work out for them. When the 3 C model didn't work, we had to restructure what our team was all about. That means we need a more dynamic top 6.

With that being said - we are looking for a top winger. If that is the difference between a yes/no, I don't think it'd hold them up. They are on to Plan B. If this doesn't work, then I wonder where the Pens go.
Signing Parise to more than $7 million a year would be a mistake for any team IMO. I can see how some teams would be desperate enough to do it (especially Minnesota because segments of our fan base will mutiny if they don't), but I don't see Pittsburgh doing it. If they do, it will be a mistake.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I'd say it's the exact opposite. Money is what talks these days.

Except on the Devils, of course. He's spent 9 years in the organisation and made absolutely no friends at all.

This is a very unfair stereotype, and while it may be true for some Russians, it isn't true for Kovy. Kovy is very aware of NHL history and his place in it. He is routinely quoted as saying that the Cup is the most important thing to him, and that he'd give up all his accumulated career points to have a chance at the Cup. When he went to free agency, Kovy wanted both money and a chance to win, and he was able to get both from NJ. As a star player, it was his right to look for that opportunity.

But no, he's a selfish, money grubbing Russian.
Apparently he wouldn't give up 20mil to win a cup in LA

Old
06-24-2012, 09:10 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Signing Parise to more than $7 million a year would be a mistake for any team IMO. I can see how some teams would be desperate enough to do it (especially Minnesota because segments of our fan base will mutiny if they don't), but I don't see Pittsburgh doing it. If they do, it will be a mistake.
It's no easy price to throw around.. but 8M for a long term contract makes it easier to deal with 5 years down the road.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:12 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Grey View Post
From Rob Rossi, who we have blacklisted on our own forum.
So, a guy makes something as specilikens that up and reports it? Not sure if I believe that.

Anyways, like I said, it's all I've seen on the topic. With all the reports on how good of buddies Zach and Sid are (despite never playing together) and how Zach will jump at the chance to play for more than $20 million less just for the chance to win right now, you'd think somewhere you'd see someone reporting that Pittsburgh will do anything (including front loading his contract) to sign him.

Instead, the same guy that says they're best buddies, and Zach will follow Sid's lead and not seek the big pay day, is also reporting the Penguins will NOT front load any contracts.

I agree, it could be wrong. But so could the rest of the speculation, hearsay, and garbage floating out there.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
If we had to spend 17mil on both Parise and Crosby, and Parise got 6 and Sid got 11 no one would say that the value is bad on either contract. So what's the difference to the Pens if Sid says "I'll take 9mil, so you can give 2 mil more to Zach".

Now Sid is taking less to make sure he has a good linemate, and the Pens still pay the same amount anyway.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:17 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

It's all speculation anyway, eh? We won't know until July 1st

Old
06-24-2012, 09:17 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
It's no easy price to throw around.. but 8M for a long term contract makes it easier to deal with 5 years down the road.
I think he gets at least $80 million. Probably more, but $8 million per is more realistic IMO. Unless other suitors back out.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
So, a guy makes something as specilikens that up and reports it? Not sure if I believe that.
I didn't read what you posted, but Rossi absolutely 100% makes things up.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:

Anyways, like I said, it's all I've seen on the topic. With all the reports on how good of buddies Zach and Sid are (despite never playing together) and how Zach will jump at the chance to play for more than $20 million less just for the chance to win right now, you'd think somewhere you'd see someone reporting that Pittsburgh will do anything (including front loading his contract) to sign him.

Instead, the same guy that says they're best buddies, and Zach will follow Sid's lead and not seek the big pay day, is also reporting the Penguins will NOT front load any contracts.

I agree, it could be wrong. But so could the rest of the speculation, hearsay, and garbage floating out there.
The Sid/Parise connection during the finals I was mentioning came from a Philly reporter. I hardly think a Flyers reporter would make this up to be popular.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:19 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Alright guys - we are at our limit. Let's get a new speculation thread going.

Closed Thread