HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Keith Yandle is available, and a deal may be close

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo13 View Post
Oiler fans will be all over me for this, but.....
Yandle and Hanzal
For
Eberle and Gagner

Fair?
Eberle is almost untouchable in my mind.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Would like to see the reaction of the Coyote's fan if the Gagner Paajarvi deal for Yandle goes down tomorrow.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Keith Yandle, Antoine Vermette, Mikkel Boedker, PHX 2013 1st, PHX 2013 2nd for Evgeni Malkin, Tyler Kennedy

Pittsburgh gets a number one defenseman, and replacement for Malkin, a future top six winger, and two great picks.

Phoenix gets a number one center, and another top nine forward.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:34 PM
jokerboysmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
Would like to see the reaction of the Coyote's fan if the Gagner Paajarvi deal for Yandle goes down tomorrow.
I am not a Coyote fan but I would be dissapointed if that is all they could get for Yandle.
I would like to see the reactions however if this happend...

Old
06-24-2012, 06:36 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
Keith Yandle, Antoine Vermette, Mikkel Boedker, PHX 2013 1st, PHX 2013 2nd for Evgeni Malkin, Tyler Kennedy

Pittsburgh gets a number one defenseman, and replacement for Malkin, a future top six winger, and two great picks.

You think Vermette is replacement for Malkin?

Old
06-24-2012, 06:43 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Paajarvi is a promising start, but GMDM would veto that deal on Gagner alone. I don't think he would buy into our system at all.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Magnifique

vCash: 50
Quote:

You dream big. Malkin will never be moved from PITT.

As far as the Oiler fan wanting to see our reaction to an MPS and Gags for Yandle trade: it was already offered, and it was turned down. Then GMDM went on to say he had offers, but he didn't feel any of them were serious.

There is your reaction.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:50 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Keith Yandle, Antoine Vermette, Mikkel Boedker, PHX 2013 1st, PHX 2013 2nd for Evgeni Malkin...
You had me at Malkin. Still, this is quite a pipe dream. At this point, Malkin and Crosby are Penguins for life. No chance he'd ever be on the block, esp. since there's the non-trivial probability Crosby gets injured again.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:05 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Keep dreaming. It's a **** offer.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Keep dreaming. It's a **** offer.
Who said im dreaming about it.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:

No. Even if Staal were still on the roster. Malkin goes nowhere.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:13 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Good Vibes View Post
EDM

Ryan Whitney
Theo Peckham

PHX

David Rundblad
Keith Yandle

Thoughts?
You better throw in Eberle to even make it worthwhile for us to think about it.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:16 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:

What? Pittsburgh has the best 1/2 center combo in the league and that won't be changing anytime within the next 8 seasons or so. As a Flyer fan though I wish that trade would go through.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Mr V

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
There's a difference between listening to offers and actively trying to trade a player. Phoenix has the luxury of being able to consider moving a valuable puck moving #1 D who was a Norris candidate last season. They are under zero pressure from the fan base or ownership (and the NHL have been the best owners in franchise history) to make a move. Maloney is looking at the long-term picture. He won't move Yandle unless a key piece to the organizations future is addressed.

As for the Oilers. They absolutely need to make a move to improve "their blue line. I don't imagine for a second that any of the Big 4 are available but Tambellini will lose his job unless significant improvement us made on the Oiler blue line. A player with the puck skills like Yandle who can quickly transition the puck to the forwards would be a extremely attractive option for the Oilers. Even moreso given his contract status. Again, I'm not of the opinion that the Oilers would move any of the #1's or Eberle but you can understand why Phoenix fans would expect their management to test that theory.
Do you think shopping Yandle just popped up for no reason? It is entirely possible Yandle has asked for a trade due to the Coyotes situation. (I am not saying that as anything other than speculation.) Players don't usually have their names put out on the trade market "just because."

Old
06-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Can we just leave hanzal out of any trade talks. He is probably more valuable to the Coyotes than any other team.

The Coyotes are happy to keep Yandle. They arent shopping. They arent in a position where they have to move him.

If someone wants Yandle they will have to overpay. If you dont want to overpay then good luck elsewhere.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

I read that Gagner and Paajarvi were offered for him on draft day. The Yotes were waiting on a better offer.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:18 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Do you think shopping Yandle just popped up for no reason? It is entirely possible Yandle has asked for a trade due to the Coyotes situation. (I am not saying that as anything other than speculation.) Players don't usually have their names put out on the trade market "just because."
The Coyotes management has stated that they are not shopping Yandle. Maloney will listen to offers, but it would have to be one that will improve the Coyotes. Yandle is very important to the team and other teams are trying to trade for him, but none have giving up the neccessary assets to acquire him. And the assets would have to be Coach Tippet type players that are NHL ready. As far as the situation of the Coyotes, Yandle wouldn't have signed that contract last year if it was relevant to him. Maloney has stated that he would listen to any offers for players except for Doan. I also heard about 8 teams asked about Yandle and not one was good enough to make Maloney trade Keith. Maloney just being honest in that any player can be traded if the price is significant enough or as Maloney has stated "I have to go up to the player and tell him that he has been traded and the deal would have to be, when the player hears the return, and says that they can understand why"

these are statements Maloney said at the trade deadline when asked about the availability of Doan and then pressed about other players.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

To Penguins fans, I thought I remembered Malkin saying he wanted to be a number one center. Apparently this is no longer true so never mind.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Mr V

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
The Coyotes management has stated that they are not shopping Yandle. Maloney will listen to offers, but it would have to be one that will improve the Coyotes. Yandle is very important to the team and other teams are trying to trade for him, but none have giving up the neccessary assets to acquire him. And the assets would have to be Coach Tippet type players that are NHL ready. As far as the situation of the Coyotes, Yandle wouldn't have signed that contract last year if it was relevant to him. Maloney has stated that he would listen to any offers for players except for Doan. I also heard about 8 teams asked about Yandle and not one was good enough to make Maloney trade Keith. Maloney just being honest in that any player can be traded if the price is significant enough or as Maloney has stated "I have to go up to the player and tell him that he has been traded and the deal would have to be, when the player hears the return, and says that they can understand why"

these are statements Maloney said at the trade deadline when asked about the availability of Doan and then pressed about other players.
Fair enough. I do take what any GM says with a grain of salt however.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:16 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Fair enough. I do take what any GM says with a grain of salt however.
Maloney seems to be the exception. Very approachable. Since he has been with the Coyotes, I have never seen him lie or con, or any negative comments made about him. Us Coyote faithful put him in such high reverence. He has done more for the organization than any other single person, he doesn't need to try to con us. He is the reason why some of these players come back or are willing to re-sign to decent contracts. It's a great organization and the Coyotes try to bring in character players.And it all starts at the top...

Old
06-24-2012, 11:27 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Saint Donald is the most candid, transparent, forthcoming, stick to his guns GM ever and I love him. I want to have his babies.

Old
06-25-2012, 01:28 AM
Mr V

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Maloney seems to be the exception. Very approachable. Since he has been with the Coyotes, I have never seen him lie or con, or any negative comments made about him. Us Coyote faithful put him in such high reverence. He has done more for the organization than any other single person, he doesn't need to try to con us. He is the reason why some of these players come back or are willing to re-sign to decent contracts. It's a great organization and the Coyotes try to bring in character players.And it all starts at the top...
Thanks for the reply. I do think that any organization that can accomplish what the Yotes have, dealing with all the crap these last few years, has to be doing many things right. Gotta respect that.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:44 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Why would he be available in the first place? What is Phoenix looking for in return? Let's say from Tampa?

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 06-25-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Old
06-25-2012, 04:51 AM
OOEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Why would he be available in the first place? What is Phoenix looking for in return? Let's say from Tampa?
Stammers

Old
06-25-2012, 04:58 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

I don't know what DM actually would want in return, but what I want is a forward of equal or better value than Yandle. I'll add if necessary.

Having a quick look at the Tampa roster doesn't show them to be a match for that. Some untouchables for either obvious or contract reasons, and the rest of the crop isn't good enough to fit that criteria.

So at least by what I would want, they aren't compatible trading partners.

Closed Thread