HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part X: Bobby, we're better than Philly!

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 09:59 PM
we want the cup 94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Back in 94 we traded away guys to win at the moment which hurt us long term and gave us no future. You don't trade away players because it worked 18 years ago, you build for the future and you don't dismantle the team. I'm 19 and i don't remember 94 but even i know there was really no excellent year after that except 97 and then it went downhill from there. You build for the future, not the present. We build to win 2-3 cups, not just 1 every 2 decades.
Yea but out drafts are what sucked . We let superstars go for people who couldnt break the ahl . When you have a chance to get a guy who is 25 or 28 you jump on it . Noway we are better then the 109 points we put up last year . Also Remember We will be getting gabby back in Jan . Half we only have him for 3 months where are those goals coming from ? another boarder line 2nd line player

Old
06-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Instead of getting a premier FA, we should target complimentary pieces that would help our main pieces shine and not get busted up. Having a guy like Poni would create some offensive threat in our bottom six and getting a big bruiser that could still hold his own in our zone would be great additions. Although adding Ray Whitney wouldn't be bad if he signs for around 3.5 or so.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:00 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
If I have to explain this to you, just like I had to explain what caliber player Evander Kane is to you then I'm wasting my time.

You asked if you had to explain it to me and i said yes, so why don't you? You have an explanation so let me hear it. I wanna know why Ponikarovsky wouldn't help us out on the top 6.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
Nash is easily the most highly overrated player in the league. He is soft as Charmin and is more inconsistent than Gaborik and Richards combined. He scores goals in bunches and then disappears for 8-10 games.
Soft? Come on if u don't want him fine but don't make stuff up. He's 6"4 and over 200 pounds incredibly hard to push off the puck and superstar skills. Nash despite the contract fits this teams identity to a T and he also helps out the goals but I can understand if u don't want him just say that, don't make stuff up

Old
06-24-2012, 10:03 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Soft? Come on if u don't want him fine but don't make stuff up. He's 6"4 and over 200 pounds incredibly hard to push off the puck and superstar skills. Nash despite the contract fits this teams identity to a T and he also helps out the goals but I can understand if u don't want him just say that, don't make stuff up
He doesn't use his size at all. He uses his body like AA does.. ie, he doesnt. Most of his goals are finese goals or flukey turnovers.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:03 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
Yea but out drafts are what sucked . We let superstars go for people who couldnt break the ahl . When you have a chance to get a guy who is 25 or 28 you jump on it . Noway we are better then the 109 points we put up last year . Also Remember We will be getting gabby back in Jan . Half we only have him for 3 months where are those goals coming from ? another boarder line 2nd line player

We didn't even give our draft picks a chance. We had Savard, Zidlicky, Knuble, we didn't draft Knuble but we had these guys at a young age and let them go. You don't trade young kids away because you think we can't get no better than 109 points when it is obvious we could have won 5-6 more games last season. You don't understand what developing is. We had a chance to get Heatley a few years ago because he was gonna be that 40 goal scorer right? Look at him now, he sucks.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
You asked if you had to explain it to me and i said yes, so why don't you? You have an explanation so let me hear it. I wanna know why Ponikarovsky wouldn't help us out on the top 6.
Because he is a 15g bottom six player at this stage in his career. Nothing wrong with that but putting him in the top six wont turn him into a 30g scorer.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
How long have we been building from within . The year after The lockout . 80% of our team are boarder line 2line players more 3rd ... Gabby is going to be out till DEC/JAN.
who is scoring for this team ? What if Semin is a headcase ... Nash or Ryan are the way to go . Keep building from within and Hank will be to old and Gabby will be gone . We dont have that ELITE PLAYER BESIDES HANK ... PHilly will get better , Pens got better we stay the same plus minus Gabs ... It will be a long sad season ....
At what price?

Old
we want the cup 94

Quote:
You're overreacting just a little bit. We won without Gaborik before, i doubt we will be out of playoff contention by the time December/January comes, we have too much heart to go down that easy. We will be ok without Gaborik for a few months, other guys will step up, after all it is a team game.
when gabby was hurt in the playoffs . when he couldnt hit a open net .. who stepped up ?? All im saying is the BJs wont get what they want its a matter of time before Nash freaks out . We wont have to tear the core apart but 2 will have to go Dubi + If you are a Hockey fan and watch Nash you should be fine with that . His cap hit will only be 3mill if we offset it with Dubi going the other way . 3 mill for Nash ID TAKE THAT AND RUN

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
He doesn't use his size at all. He uses his body like AA does.. ie, he doesnt. Most of his goals are finese goals or flukey turnovers.
And how many games have u watched?? He's far from AA play style. Fluke goals? I can't do this anymore

Old
06-24-2012, 10:06 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
And how many games have u watched?? He's far from AA play style. Fluke goals? I can't do this anymore

These are typical Nash goals. Turnovers that land on his stick or give him a break away. Those are important, but he is far from powerful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V7uQeAkBVc

I've seen Nash play about 20 times live. He's an opportunist.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:06 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Because he is a 15g bottom six player at this stage in his career. Nothing wrong with that but putting him in the top six wont turn him into a 30g scorer.

So put him in the bottom 6, we need a guy like him in the bottom 6. The way you said it made it sound like he couldn't help us out at all. Who would you suggest we get for the top 6?

Old
06-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
So put him in the bottom 6, we need a guy like him in the bottom 6. The way you said it made it sound like he couldn't help us out at all. Who would you suggest we get for the top 6?
I wouldn't mind someone like that in the btm 6 but no way on top 6

Old
06-24-2012, 10:09 PM
gravey9

dubi, miller, 2013 1st round pick, 2013 3rd round pick.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:09 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
when gabby was hurt in the playoffs . when he couldnt hit a open net .. who stepped up ?? All im saying is the BJs wont get what they want its a matter of time before Nash freaks out . We wont have to tear the core apart but 2 will have to go Dubi + If you are a Hockey fan and watch Nash you should be fine with that . His cap hit will only be 3mill if we offset it with Dubi going the other way . 3 mill for Nash ID TAKE THAT AND RUN

The heck? Kreider stepped up, Richards stepped up, defensemen stepped up, what are you getting at? Dubi+Stepan/Kreider, McD/Staal, prospects, etc..you don't understand that it will take Dubi and a very good young player WITH prospects AND a pick to get Nash and he IS NOT worth it bro. Did you even watch the playoffs? Gaborik was injured and still scored and put up points, I doubt Nash can do that. What makes you think Nash would be the one who steps up anyway? Usually it's the bottom 6 guys who step up in the playoffs which is why we got knocked out because the Devils bottom 6 destroyed us. Any hockey fan knows that.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
I clearly stated that I would be fine with him in a bottom six role but not a top six role... If you got anything else out of what I said you weren't paying attention.

Top six options via free agency? Well I guess Whitney, options are limited.

Other players will become available through trade that might not cost as much to acquire. But I'm not slotting bottom six guys in the top six we need someone that can produce more than 30pts or we might as well stand pat.

Old
Cash for Nash

Quote:
You're overreacting just a little bit. We won without Gaborik before, i doubt we will be out of playoff contention by the time December/January comes, we have too much heart to go down that easy. We will be ok without Gaborik for a few months, other guys will step up, after all it is a team game.
Gaborik scored 40+ goals last year (with Torts grinding style)

Without him the NYR are 4th in the division and a 7 or 8 seeding competing for a spot.

Gaborik is really good....

Heart is a really good intangible but goalscorers are important for any team...especially over an 82 game season.

Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
Did you forget about Kreider? Did you forget that Dubinsky had a terrible year? Did you forget that Hagelin didn't make the team out of camp last year? People need to stop crying because it's June 24th and we haven't made any trades yet. Heck, we can't even sign a 7M UFA to a lifetime contract yet. There's plenty of time to improve the team.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:11 PM
mahonistan*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIpPg...eature=related

Nash top 10. All opportunistic goals. no power.. a little finese... no defense.

You dont see any Jagr lowering the shoulder and plowing through plays there. The best ones are Datsuyk esq.. ALA, poor man's Kovalev.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
dubi, miller, 2013 1st round pick, 2013 3rd round pick.
Still no center piece.....

Old
06-24-2012, 10:13 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Gaborik scored 40+ goals last year (with Torts grinding style)

Without him the NYR are 4th in the division and a 7 or 8 seeding competing for a spot.

Gaborik is really good....

Heart is a really good intangible but goalscorers are important for any team...especially over an 82 game season.

I didn't know Gaborik was out for 82 games, thanks for the update.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:13 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
3.6M. But what's $600,000 among friends? I mean that's only 20% more. lol

Old
06-24-2012, 10:15 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
I clearly stated that I would be fine with him in a bottom six role but not a top six role... If you got anything else out of what I said you weren't paying attention.

Top six options via free agency? Well I guess Whitney, options are limited.

Other players will become available through trade that might not cost as much to acquire. But I'm not slotting bottom six guys in the top six we need someone that can produce more than 30pts or we might as well stand pat.

Semin is also an option, unless you are one of the people who think Semin isn't good because of his "attitude problem"?

Old
06-24-2012, 10:16 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Semin is also an option, unless you are one of the people who think Semin isn't good because of his "attitude problem"?
I'd be interested in him...but how much is he going to cost? And will he buy into Tort's system???

Old
06-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Semin isn't bad obviously, he's just lazy. I also think the Wings will sign him, they are really interested in him.

Closed Thread