Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toby Enstrom

Old
06-21-2012, 01:00 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

vCash: 500
PREFERENCE IS TO GET HIM SIGNED LONGTERM.

That said, if Chevy knows his intentions are to test free agency he's got to go. I'd be looking at deals like C. Wilson and Watson/Blum or Simmonds/Schenn and the #20 pick as solid returns.

And if he were to be traded at the draft, I'd be shocked if the JETS didn't use the #9 on a defenseman like Trouba/Lindholm.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:02 PM
SensibleGuy

Enstrom is way more expendable than Buff afaic. I wasn't real impressed with Enstrom at all this past season. The team floundered badly while Buff was out and I really couldn't believe the difference he made to the breakout when he returned. Enstrom looked brutally small at times and just got pushed around much of the time. Buff is likely to improve defensively but his ability to move the puck is pretty crucial...

Last edited by SensibleGuy: 06-21-2012 at 05:16 PM.
SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 1349
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensibleGuy View Post
Enstrom is way more ependable than Buff afaic. I wasn't real impressed with Enstrom at all this past season. The team floundered badly while Buff was out and I really couldn't believe the difference he made to the breakout when he returned. Enstrom looked brutally small at times and just got pushed around much of the time. Buff is likely to improve defensively but his ability to move the puck is pretty crucial...
As someone said, Enstrom would probably fit a lot better on teams with a bigger core to give him time to make those plays.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Jets
Resident Sieve

I get that Enstrom is a valuable asset, no doubt, and that Byfuglien is difficult to trade, but Enstrom is one of the types of players you want to acquire to build a cup contender, not trade away. Buff is the kind of guy we need to use as a 7th dman or force him to play wing again if we want to have a serious systematic hockey team that can win in the playoffs.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Huffer

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
I get that Enstrom is a valuable asset, no doubt, and that Byfuglien is difficult to trade, but Enstrom is one of the types of players you want to acquire to build a cup contender, not trade away. Buff is the kind of guy we need to use as a 7th dman or force him to play wing again if we want to have a serious systematic hockey team that can win in the playoffs.
7th D-man? Kind of hard to take someone serious with stuff like that.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Aries56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Buff contributes more then you realize. When he was out of the line up, our offense dried up and our D got run over by other teams larger forwards.

While I like Enstrom... If you wanna win more games, the forwards need help and he could fetch a pretty good player. If the right player was offered for Enstrom, I would go for it.

Aries56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:48 PM
phamJET

If the Jets had more of an offensive threat maybe a puck moving defensemen like enstrom would have a reason to move the puck.

phamJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamJET View Post
If the Jets had more of an offensive threat maybe a puck moving defensemen like enstrom would have a reason to move the puck.

Agreed. Trouble is we don't have any prospects good for 60 points knocking at the door either. If Enstrom is planning on getting that one monster contract he HAS to be traded if we can't resign him.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Elever
Hth

I don't understand why Enstrom is forced to be paired with Byfuglien in the first place? The 1st pairing should be Enstrom and Bogosian. Put Byfuglien on the 2nd, reduce his TOI and give him more PP time.

Have to make a $5 M+ offer and try to re-sign Enstrom imo, the rest of the league won't give the value he deserves because of his injuries from the past season.

Byfuglien on the other hand somehow got a Norris nomination by some write

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:42 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensibleGuy View Post
Enstrom is way more expendable than Buff afaic. I wasn't real impressed with Enstrom at all this past season. The team floundered badly while Buff was out and I really couldn't believe the difference he made to the breakout when he returned. Enstrom looked brutally small at times and just got pushed around much of the time. Buff is likely to improve defensively but his ability to move the puck is pretty crucial...
This. I can't imagine going to war with him in the playoffs.

I am not an Enstrom fan at all. Deal him while he still has some value. In True North I trust.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:31 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

I would be okay keeping but i would also be okay trading him.
It just has to be the right deal. Rather then trade him just for the sake of trafing him.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Captain Willard

Just my 2 cents on Enstrom, I totall agree with the 'why is he paired with Buff?' group here. Toby has lotsa skill, great puckhandler but I have seen him make too many risky cross-ice passes which is fine on the big Euro size rink, death on the small NHL ice. He also gets stripped of the puck way too often for my liking. He really would be better off paired with a more defensive minded player but I guess the feeling is that paired with Buff they then have 5 guys on ice that are going to get you a goal, with a bit of risk. I am not the biggest fan of Toby, I hate to say it but he reminds me a lot of Kaberle, lots of offensive skill but guaranteed to make at least one poor play in his own end that might cost a goal.

Captain Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Bury buff in the minors/use him as a forward, sign someone like Jurcina, Hannan, Aucoin or Sarich.

Hobnobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:32 PM
tntkid

I am open to moving Enstrom because we can get a back a good quality center for him.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Bob E

Did anyone read Brian Burke's comments after selecting Morgan Rielly?

"Highly skilled defenceman are hard to find," he said. "Everybody's looking for them."

Enstrom's stock just went up!

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:32 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Did anyone read Brian Burke's comments after selecting Morgan Rielly?

"Highly skilled defenceman are hard to find," he said. "Everybody's looking for them."

Enstrom's stock just went up!
Wish he told Chevy that...then he could of had Enstrom!

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Hansen Brother

I've got an idea for a trade for Enstrom but I put three conditions on it:

1. We think Schiefele and Burmistrov can be our #1 and #2 centermen which means we don't have to trade Enstrom for a center
2. We can find a free agent who can take Enstrom's spot in the lineup over the short term
3. The player in this trade is deemed to not be a health risk by the Jets

Enstrom to Colorado for Peter Mueller, Duncan Siemens, and a 2nd

I'm basing this on the young roster player, prospect, pick formula that seems to the concensus for what it would take to get Enstrom.

It gives us a good young right winger which is a need, a good left handed defensive prospect who could develop into a top pairing player, and another decent pick.

Hansen Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Hansen Brother

I see in the above I failed to discuss the health risk part. Peter Mueller was out for a long time with a concussion but came back last season in January. He did all right, he had 16 points in 32 games but should get better as he gets back into the game after missing about 20 months.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen Brother View Post
I see in the above I failed to discuss the health risk part. Peter Mueller was out for a long time with a concussion but came back last season in January. He did all right, he had 16 points in 32 games but should get better as he gets back into the game after missing about 20 months.
Mueller would need to show a lot more in the NHL, AND show he was healthy to make that worthwhile.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Mueller would need to show a lot more in the NHL, AND show he was healthy to make that worthwhile.
Agreed in full. Thanks but no thanks to Mueller. Have never been a fan of his game.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=89967

Get a load of his numbers since 09/10 BTW. I'd hope any trade involving our best chip would bring a far greater return than a reclamation project as the main piece.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Bane99

Hopefully we don't end up with a Suter situation. I liked what Shero got for Staal once he figured he wouldn't sign in Pittsburgh.

Bane99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Hansen Brother

Well I figured if Burns got Setaguchi, Coyle, a first and Kaberle got Joe Colbern and a first then Meuller, Duncan Siemens, and a second would be somewhere in the neighbourhood.

I agree Meuller's injury history is concerning but I think we would take Sidney Crosby if we could and he suffered a similiar injury.

Meuller certainly seems to have the ability to put up points as demonstrated by his rookie year. His progression actually makes me think of Wheeler, the difference being the concussions.

If you don't like his game that's fine, but I'd sure like if you'd explain why. I was just hunting around to make a trade and watched some clips which doesn't tell the whole story. From what I saw he seems to have be a big strong guy with decent speed and a good shot.

If we do a straight up hockey deal, Enstrom for another player, we can get a better player, but if we do a young roster player, prospect, pick, I don't know how much better a player we should expect. If the concussions put you off entirely I can understand, I don't like it either which is why I put in my caveat that the Jets managment would have to feel that wasn't an issue.

If you have other comparables than the Burns and Kaberle deals I'd love to look at them.

Sorry, kind of rambly.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen Brother View Post
Well I figured if Burns got Setaguchi, Coyle, a first and Kaberle got Joe Colbern and a first then Meuller, Duncan Siemens, and a second would be somewhere in the neighbourhood.

I agree Meuller's injury history is concerning but I think we would take Sidney Crosby if we could and he suffered a similiar injury.

Meuller certainly seems to have the ability to put up points as demonstrated by his rookie year. His progression actually makes me think of Wheeler, the difference being the concussions.

If you don't like his game that's fine, but I'd sure like if you'd explain why. I was just hunting around to make a trade and watched some clips which doesn't tell the whole story. From what I saw he seems to have be a big strong guy with decent speed and a good shot.

If we do a straight up hockey deal, Enstrom for another player, we can get a better player, but if we do a young roster player, prospect, pick, I don't know how much better a player we should expect. If the concussions put you off entirely I can understand, I don't like it either which is why I put in my caveat that the Jets managment would have to feel that wasn't an issue.

If you have other comparables than the Burns and Kaberle deals I'd love to look at them.

Sorry, kind of rambly.
I don't disagree with your using the Burns trade and the Kaberle deal as a basis. I've been using them myself.

I just think there are MUCH better players to target than Mueller.

Wilson + from Nashville has been a consistent suggestion. Before the Flyers picked up Schenn there were discussions around guys like JVR, Schenn, and Simmonds. The Blues and Wings are also teams that could use a high end defenseman that have prospects I would much rather have.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:19 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 50
Like I said on the other board I don't see the value in Wilson unless he can replace Little. We have a glut of 2-4 line C's.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:23 PM
SCP Guy

If Toby wants to stay and be part of the organization long term lets ink him up! He is a very good defenseman who had a bit of an off season last year. If he is asking for crazy money or just doesn't see his future with us long term move him for some pieces to our puzzle that has lots of holes to fill!

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote