HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part X: Bobby, we're better than Philly!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2012, 10:38 PM
  #126
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 50
I still think Petr Sykora makes a ton of sense. Guy can still play, can play anywhere in the top 9 and is pretty much a lock for 20+ goals. He made $650K last year. Obviously he'd want a raise and probably a 2 year deal. Give him between $800K-$1.1M per season.

For all intents and purposes it's a very low risk move that could pay dividends. I know it's not popular and every time I try to bring it up there is 1 person who says no and then about 95 who debate Nash vs Ryan vs Semin.

I think Sykora would be a great addition to this team. Can score, adds another veteran who has playoff experience and outside of the fact that he's 35, there's very little downside.

mti79 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:38 PM
  #127
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Who really believes that Howson isn't keeping Nash's agent in the loop?

I'm certain everyone in CBJ's management understands the process as does Nash.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:39 PM
  #128
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=mahonistan;51477507]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Why? We had the best record in the East last year with an extrememly young team. These young guys can only get better. Your argument makes no sense. I'd rather wait 2 years to win and win 3 cups then trade it all away and win one and then have to wait another 20 years. The young guys on this team can and will win us 2-4 cups if we keep them together.
Ummm yeah not sure about that

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:39 PM
  #129
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Wow, some people are set on trading away young kids to try to have 94 cup win all over again. So let's trade away every pick and prospect so we can win next year and then we can redraft and rebuild and win another cup in 20 years, great idea! Then do it all over again!

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:40 PM
  #130
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I still think Petr Sykora makes a ton of sense. Guy can still play, can play anywhere in the top 9 and is pretty much a lock for 20+ goals. He made $650K last year. Obviously he'd want a raise and probably a 2 year deal. Give him between $800K-$1.1M per season.

For all intents and purposes it's a very low risk move that could pay dividends. I know it's not popular and every time I try to bring it up there is 1 person who says no and then about 95 who debate Nash vs Ryan vs Semin.

I think Sykora would be a great addition to this team. Can score, adds another veteran who has playoff experience and outside of the fact that he's 35, there's very little downside.
not bad for a 3rd liner

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:40 PM
  #131
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I still think Petr Sykora makes a ton of sense. Guy can still play, can play anywhere in the top 9 and is pretty much a lock for 20+ goals. He made $650K last year. Obviously he'd want a raise and probably a 2 year deal. Give him between $800K-$1.1M per season.

For all intents and purposes it's a very low risk move that could pay dividends. I know it's not popular and every time I try to bring it up there is 1 person who says no and then about 95 who debate Nash vs Ryan vs Semin.

I think Sykora would be a great addition to this team. Can score, adds another veteran who has playoff experience and outside of the fact that he's 35, there's very little downside.



I like Sykora alot, i would give him 2-3 mil a year to play here. Guy knows how to play and game and fits in the top 6.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:41 PM
  #132
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,331
vCash: 50
[QUOTE=mahonistan;51477507]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Why? We had the best record in the East last year with an extrememly young team. These young guys can only get better. Your argument makes no sense. I'd rather wait 2 years to win and win 3 cups then trade it all away and win one and then have to wait another 20 years. The young guys on this team can and will win us 2-4 cups if we keep them together.
I know the record was amazing and the guys played well but you wear out your defense by the end of the year and end up playing your worst hockey defensively in the games that matter the most. With a proven top line guy on our team going into next season we wont miss a beat with Gabs out and when he comes back we will be even better. Not to mention when Kreider starts tearing it up too. We have excellent D and Hank is the best. Need to add to the top 6.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:42 PM
  #133
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Wow, some people are set on trading away young kids to try to have 94 cup win all over again. So let's trade away every pick and prospect so we can win next year and then we can redraft and rebuild and win another cup in 20 years, great idea! Then do it all over again!
What? Lol talk about overreaction. We are talking about trading one along w dubi for a star player and BTW Nash is 28 and Ryan 25 they will be around for a while. U don't dismantle the core by giving one of them up

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:43 PM
  #134
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
And BTW, our window is only as big as how long Hank wants to play..

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:44 PM
  #135
gravey9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Keith, I think you did an excellent summary of the adverse impact the continuing presence of Nash would have on the effort to change the culture.
Heck, Nash is the embodiment, 75% effort is ok, of the culture we are trying to change.
I hope I'm not breaking some weird rule, but this is a quote from the CBJ Board... this is what I'm most worried about with Nash. I know we have a great culture on this team, but I think we have to be really careful about the message we send to the team when and if we trade away young hard working kids for the "quick fix."

gravey9 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:45 PM
  #136
mahonistan*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Ummm yeah not sure about that
You're an idiot. Thank god you arent a GM.

mahonistan* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:45 PM
  #137
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,122
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
Why? We had the best record in the East last year with an extrememly young team. These young guys can only get better. Your argument makes no sense. I'd rather wait 2 years to win and win 3 cups then trade it all away and win one and then have to wait another 20 years. The young guys on this team can and will win us 2-4 cups if we keep them together.
Really? That's not entirely true, I hope it is but you can't just assume they are going to have marked improvements next year.

No one wants to trade everyone away that's ludicrous, we're talking about deals that will help us now and in the long run.

I don't think this team will make the ECF again next year as constructed we need more goals. That's the truth, believe it or don't that's up to you. If a team can score three on us we're pretty much toast, had we have gotten through Boston and Pittsburgh? Maybe, maybe not.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:46 PM
  #138
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,750
vCash: 500
I agree, it's no guarantee we get better.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:47 PM
  #139
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
And BTW, our window is only as big as how long Hank wants to play..
Right, so basically we've got another 7 years or so.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:47 PM
  #140
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Wow, some people are set on trading away young kids to try to have 94 cup win all over again. So let's trade away every pick and prospect so we can win next year and then we can redraft and rebuild and win another cup in 20 years, great idea! Then do it all over again!
If the deal was done for Hagelin, Dubi, a 2013 1st and 3rd are the 2 draft picks part of the core?

If not are we gutting the team replacing Hags and Dubi with Nash?

I'm really confused so be kind.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:47 PM
  #141
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
What? Lol talk about overreaction. We are talking about trading one along w dubi for a star player and BTW Nash is 28 and Ryan 25 they will be around for a while. U don't dismantle the core by giving one of them up

You're the kid who wants to trade away one of Stepan or Kreider which is pretty foolish. That is an overreaction by trading 21 year olds for declining overpaid losers.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:48 PM
  #142
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
You're an idiot. Thank god you arent a GM.
Ur the one saying we will win 2 or 3 cups when its insanely hard to win one. If I'm an idiot bc I don't think we will win 2 or 3 cups with this team oh well lol

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:48 PM
  #143
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
If the deal was done for Hagelin, Dubi, a 2013 1st and 3rd are the 2 draft picks part of the core?

If not are we gutting the team replacing Hags and Dubi for Nash?

I'm really confused so be kind.



But you will never get Nash for that package, they want STEPAN or McD, or KREIDER, do you understand that dude?

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:49 PM
  #144
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,122
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
You're the kid who wants to trade away one of Stepan or Kreider which is pretty foolish. That is an overreaction by trading 21 year olds for declining overpaid losers.
Is Bobby Ryan a declining overpaid loser?

Evander Kane? (probably not an option but you bashed the idea before)

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:50 PM
  #145
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
But you will never get Nash for that package, they want STEPAN or McD, or KREIDER, do you understand that dude?
How do you know?

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:51 PM
  #146
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
How do you know?


Because Stepan and Kreider have top 6 potential and have alot of upside, that is why people ask for Kreider or Stepan and not Hagelin.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:51 PM
  #147
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
You're the kid who wants to trade away one of Stepan or Kreider which is pretty foolish. That is an overreaction by trading 21 year olds for declining overpaid losers.
Nope said I wouldn't trade either just ask the cbj board. I only said it would be fair for both teams never said I would do it, and really? A guy who puts up 30 every year with zero talent around him is declining?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:51 PM
  #148
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,122
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Because Stepan and Kreider have top 6 potential and have alot of upside, that is why people ask for Kreider or Stepan and not Hagelin.
Howson wanted Hagelin...

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:52 PM
  #149
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Is Bobby Ryan a declining overpaid loser?

Evander Kane? (probably not an option but you bashed the idea before)

This is about Nash, not Ryan so please don't try to make me look like a jerk.

Keep dreaming about Kane, it will never happen.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:52 PM
  #150
mahonistan*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Ur the one saying we will win 2 or 3 cups when its insanely hard to win one. If I'm an idiot bc I don't think we will win 2 or 3 cups with this team oh well lol
I look at the Red Wings model for building a team and I say "we are doing pretty damn good". The Red Wings model is a proven model. The late 90's rangers model is proven to fail. This isn't baseball or basketball where you can buy a championship. This is a sport where you have to develop a team. What do all of the NJD, Det, and Col cups of the 90's and 2000's have in common? They were all farm raised kids who played together for at least 10 years.

mahonistan* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.