HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part X: Bobby, we're better than Philly!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2012, 11:53 PM
  #151
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Howson wanted Hagelin...


Ok, he also wanted Kreider right?

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:55 PM
  #152
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Howson wanted Hagelin...
and 98% of our roster

GregSirico is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:56 PM
  #153
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
I look at the Red Wings model for building a team and I say "we are doing pretty damn good". The Red Wings model is a proven model. The late 90's rangers model is proven to fail. This isn't baseball or basketball where you can buy a championship. This is a sport where you have to develop a team. What do all of the NJD, Det, and Col cups of the 90's and 2000's have in common? They were all farm raised kids who played together for at least 10 years.
The Red Wings had more offensive talent than we do.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:56 PM
  #154
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Howson wanted Hagelin...
Take out kreider and I might do something like he wanted. Hags, mdz, and dubi? That clears Nash's entire cap hit bc we wouldn't have to resign hags or mdz. Nash-Richards-kreider, Gabs-step-Cally, and than pick up a couple bottom 6 guys

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
  #155
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
and 98% of our roster
Well yeah that too, duh.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
  #156
mahonistan*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
and 98% of our roster
He wanted Kreider, Hags, Dubi, McTruck and a 1st.
Then it was Krieder, Hags/Stepan, Dubi, MDZ, Erixon and a 1st.

mahonistan* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
  #157
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
The Red Wings had more offensive talent than we do.
A lot more lol.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
  #158
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Take out kreider and I might do something like he wanted. Hags, mdz, and dubi? That clears Nash's entire cap hit bc we wouldn't have to resign hags or mdz. Nash-Richards-kreider, Gabs-step-Cally, and than pick up a couple bottom 6 guys


Too bad they don't want DZ, try again. You have an answer for everything and you don't realize trading for Nash is a terrible idea.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:58 PM
  #159
mahonistan*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Take out kreider and I might do something like he wanted. Hags, mdz, and dubi? That clears Nash's entire cap hit bc we wouldn't have to resign hags or mdz. Nash-Richards-kreider, Gabs-step-Cally, and than pick up a couple bottom 6 guys
So since you say we wouldve won the cup with that trade.. How do we win if we don't have MDZ? We played 4 defensemen the bulk of the playoffs. Cut it down to 3 and they wouldve been toasted against the Craps.

mahonistan* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:59 PM
  #160
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
So since you say we wouldve won the cup with that trade.. How do we win if we don't have MDZ? We played 4 defensemen the bulk of the playoffs. Cut it down to 3 and they wouldve been toasted against the Craps.
Teams aren't limited to one move an offseason are they? They will fill any holes made by a trade.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:00 AM
  #161
mahonistan*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
A lot more lol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/199697...d_Wings_season

Comparable to the Rangers last year.

mahonistan* is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:00 AM
  #162
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Too bad they don't want DZ, try again. You have an answer for everything and you don't realize trading for Nash is a terrible idea.
Who would beat that package? He's not getting kreider or stepan, he's not getting michaelek, not getting Couture, not getting schenn

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:01 AM
  #163
mahonistan*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Teams aren't limited to one move an offseason are they? They will fill any holes made by a trade.
he said they wouldve won the cup last year with that move. Who do you trade to fill in the holes?

mahonistan* is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:02 AM
  #164
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/199697...d_Wings_season

Comparable to the Rangers last year.
We have a sergei federov, or Steve yzerman, or brendan shannahan? Let alone all 3? Hell, why are we looking for offense than??

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:03 AM
  #165
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/199697...d_Wings_season

Comparable to the Rangers last year.
Except they scored 31 more than the Rangers playing clutch and grab hockey... 31 that's one more top end forward.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:07 AM
  #166
mahonistan*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Except they scored 31 more than the Rangers playing clutch and grab hockey... 31 that's one more top end forward.
31 more goals and 17 more given up. So they had a 14 goal swing. average it out and they are about even.
Compare the stats. They are pretty even.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/stats/_/...w-york-rangers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996–97...d_Wings_season

mahonistan* is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:10 AM
  #167
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
We have the best goalie, the best top 4 d but an offense thst leaves a lot to be desired. However Sather does it we either need a big goal scorer or two guys who can score 20+ like a Doan or Whitney

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:12 AM
  #168
mahonistan*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
We have the best goalie, the best top 4 d but an offense thst leaves a lot to be desired. However Sather does it we either need a big goal scorer or two guys who can score 20+ like a Doan or Whitney
We have them in Kreider, Dubi, and Hags with a full season.
/thread

mahonistan* is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:15 AM
  #169
mahonistan*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
We have a sergei federov, or Steve yzerman, or brendan shannahan? Let alone all 3? Hell, why are we looking for offense than??
I know you don't watch hockey. Don't tell me you also can't do simple math.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/199697...d_Wings_season
http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/stats/_/...w-york-rangers

mahonistan* is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:19 AM
  #170
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
I know you don't watch hockey. Don't tell me you also can't do simple math.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/199697...d_Wings_season
http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/stats/_/...w-york-rangers
so what lol there is no competition between our best 3 Gabs Richards Callahan and those 3. Simple math big deal, we r not as good as the Stanley cup winning RW

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:21 AM
  #171
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
We have them in Kreider, Dubi, and Hags with a full season.
/thread
Lots of people expecting dubi to rebound to 20+ goals well see

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:22 AM
  #172
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Lots of people expecting dubi to rebound to 20+ goals well see
The odds are better for Dubi to score 20 than for Nash to score 40.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:22 AM
  #173
alves
Registered User
 
alves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
If we somehow land Shultz, I say we immediately talk to Anaheim about a Ryan trade. Since the Ducks are obviously looking for defense, the discussion starts with Staal or Girardi. Who do you give up first?

alves is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:38 AM
  #174
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvesNYR View Post
If we somehow land Shultz, I say we immediately talk to Anaheim about a Ryan trade. Since the Ducks are obviously looking for defense, the discussion starts with Staal or Girardi. Who do you give up first?
Neither.

You don't add a guy whose never played an NHL game and then trade a top shut down defense man.

That's like making a trade for the shear hell of it....which ain't too smart.

Pizza is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:41 AM
  #175
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
The odds are better for Dubi to score 20 than for Nash to score 40.
Disagree w that but prob right if Nash is on Columbus still

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.