HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Thread III - Laughton all the way to the bank

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2012, 07:38 PM
  #151
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
In this UFA market, Semin is going to command much more then a 1 year deal.
Could you fathom Giroux with Semin on his wing?? It'd be the friggin' Hogwarts line! The wizardry between those two would be overwhelming.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 07:39 PM
  #152
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I think I'd throw a massive offer at Parise first, since Jagr is likely to want to figure out what his value is anyway.

If Parise passes, match whatever anybody else pays Jagr on a one year deal, and figure out the long-term picture later...

I just don't like Voracek as a winger for Giroux unless the other side has a purer scorer offensively.
Pretty much this. First option Parise is probably unlikely, but worth trying now. Second option is Jagr. Third option may be a Semin or nobody and go into the season with a boatload of cap space.

Broad Street Elite is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 07:41 PM
  #153
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Pretty much this. First option Parise is probably unlikely, but worth trying now. Second option is Jagr. Third option may be a Semin or nobody and go into the season with a boatload of cap space.
Lol @ Homer going into the season with cap space. Come on now. We know that just doesn't happen.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 07:50 PM
  #154
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Lol @ Homer going into the season with cap space. Come on now. We know that just doesn't happen.
I agree 100%, but the options to spend the money aren't really there lol. If Parise and even Semin (who no one really wants) say no, you've got 7 million dollars with no one to spend it on. We really only have 2 roster spots open if Matt Carle is resigned as everyone pretty much expects.

Broad Street Elite is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 07:56 PM
  #155
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I agree 100%, but the options to spend the money aren't really there lol. If Parise and even Semin (who no one really wants) say no, you've got 7 million dollars with no one to spend it on. We really only have 2 roster spots open if Matt Carle is resigned as everyone pretty much expects.
He'll give Shelley a raise. It's Homer, he hates cap space.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:34 PM
  #156
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,739
vCash: 500
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=674

Hilarious.

Roo Mad Bro is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 07:41 PM
  #157
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Aside from the possibility of Ryan, I think we're done with any major moves for the offseason (including FA acquisitions). Obviously a back-up goalie needs to be signed. I also think/hope we go find a 4th liner who can PK, a Dom Moore, Torrey Mitchell, Jay McClement, or Brandon Prust.

sobrien is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 07:44 PM
  #158
Top Cheese Danish
Registered User
 
Top Cheese Danish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Yeah, there's nothing hilarious about that. That's the day the entire city of Philadelphia goes into therapy.

Top Cheese Danish is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 07:48 PM
  #159
feedingschennzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagne Come Back View Post
Yeah, there's nothing hilarious about that. That's the day the entire city of Philadelphia goes into therapy.
I would honestly cry and quit watching hockey

feedingschennzy is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:04 PM
  #160
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,923
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/D_LEED/status/217074835136851968

Quote:
I’m told Justin Schultz has interest in Philly. Still unlikely he signs with ‪#Flyers‬ tho.

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:24 PM
  #161
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Interesting.

bp spec is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:30 PM
  #162
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,834
vCash: 500
Would signing schultz mean that a Carle resigning is a definite no?

Coburn-Schultz
Schenn-Timonen
Meszaros-Grossmann

orange is better is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:35 PM
  #163
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Would signing schultz mean that a Carle resigning is a definite no?

Coburn-Schultz
Schenn-Timonen
Meszaros-Grossmann
I was thinking along the exact same lines you were. I wouldn't mind going with those d pairings.

Also it would be the biggest troll moment ever if the Flyers sign Schultz and then trade him in a package for Ryan. Imagine the chaos.

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:36 PM
  #164
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,862
vCash: 500
Schultz would get some serious minutes I would think if he came here.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:38 PM
  #165
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,634
vCash: 50
people would want Schultz sent to the AHL as soon as he ****s up once.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:42 PM
  #166
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
people would want Schultz sent to the AHL as soon as he ****s up once.
God damn right rookie defenseman have to be perfect to make our lineup!

In reality, just like any other rookie you have to be patient with them. Up and downs come for everybody, but really can kill a rookies confidence. I think we have a good group of players here who will keep his head on right. Also if we did sign him and people made those comments, just ignore them, they're idiots.

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:49 PM
  #167
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,634
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
God damn right rookie defenseman have to be perfect to make our lineup!

In reality, just like any other rookie you have to be patient with them. Up and downs come for everybody, but really can kill a rookies confidence. I think we have a good group of players here who will keep his head on right. Also if we did sign him and people made those comments, just ignore them, they're idiots.
yeah i know this. But we know how it is. young forwards and young defenseman are treated different among the masses around here.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:02 PM
  #168
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,923
vCash: 500
#Schultzwatch

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:13 PM
  #169
zbryne
Registered User
 
zbryne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
leed stirring the pot, whats new

zbryne is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:14 PM
  #170
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbryne View Post
leed stirring the pot, whats new
That what I am starting to think now too. He hasn't really gotten any of his rumors correct the last couple of weeks. He says he has sources, but I would love to know who it is(they are). Everybody has god damn sources now. I just remember him saying he talked to Matt Carle's agent, thats about all I can remember, so I could be wrong.

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:47 PM
  #171
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,634
vCash: 50
according to McKenzie him and his agent will start fielding offers early this week and start mulling em over on Wed.
I am guessing he wants to be signed before July 1.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:49 PM
  #172
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
according to McKenzie him and his agent will start fielding offers early this week and start mulling em over on Wed.
I am guessing he wants to be signed before July 1.
I don't know if it was true or not, but isn't there some kind of restriction to the money he can make before July 1st? If he goes to July 1st he can be eligible for a higher salary(bonuses). This is probably wrong but i swear I heard some people debating it?

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:51 PM
  #173
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
why do you want carle signed? he leads the league in turnovers, im guessing it's bryz fault, when he creates more turnovers.

toughfighter83* is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:03 AM
  #174
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
why do you want carle signed? he leads the league in turnovers, im guessing it's bryz fault, when he creates more turnovers.
Carle didn't lead the league in turnovers. 25th among defenders alone with 55. 42nd among all skaters. Carle is going to turn the puck over more because he controls it so much and is also logging big time minutes. Whether he should be playing those minutes is another story.

Do you have anything positive to say about the Flyers. One thing? Ever?

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 12:18 AM
  #175
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,634
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Carle didn't lead the league in turnovers. 25th among defenders alone with 55. 42nd among all skaters. Carle is going to turn the puck over more because he controls it so much and is also logging big time minutes. Whether he should be playing those minutes is another story.

Do you have anything positive to say about the Flyers. One thing? Ever?
he probably wishes the Flyers gave Shelley a lifetime contract.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.