HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I like to call it the "Northeast Canada Syndrome"

...outside of Ottawa though They seem to know how to rebuild a team
Naw, Montreal is not in "win now" mode, they are in "trying to get on a dish so we don't go down the drain" mode.

Old
06-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Nitro Fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Back to the thread topic. Who do you guys see, outside of possibly Bernie, becoming our next Assistant? Do you think it would possibly be Scott Pellerin?
How about Igor Larionov?

Old
06-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Yeah, I believe the Bobby Ryan thing will be resolved soon...no way the Ducks give him up and break up that line. That would be incredibly asinine.

They have to sit that boy down for a talk...maybe also keep the leaks from leaving the front office as well.

Sheesh, for such an outstanding offensive team the Ducks are really ****ing things up these days.
The article I read said, as a direct quote from Bobby Ryan that four teams had serious inquiries that the Ducks were considering.

Philly is one confirmed.

So i'd say the others....looking at organizational need, cap space, intangibles...

Philly
i'd say Nashville could be in there. Probably starts with Jonathan Blum, and next years 1st.
Florida could be a real possibility, an asking price of Ellerby/Gudbranson, maybe Howden to start
And, I know it would never happen cause Snow is a ******, but the Islanders..if they were willing to give up something like De Haan or Ryan Strome...that might work.

I think the Ducks realize they gotta go full rebuildy bear here. It starts with a near NHL ready Center/Defenseman to go with Fowler and to center their 2nd line.

I'm honestly surprised that the Ducks didn't land Hodgson last year. He fit perfectly to their needs.

Old
06-25-2012, 12:28 AM
KingCanadain1976

Hmmmm any chance he hires one of his family i think a few don't have jobs right now lol

Old
06-25-2012, 12:33 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Ya know what, i'd toss Colorado in there too...they got some BIG kids in their system that would fit in with the mindset of the Ducks. Stoa, Gaunce, Hishon maybe (he's not all that big but a good center prospect)

Old
06-25-2012, 02:19 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Doing some number crunching and it seems that the Kings could actually afford Parise if (and this is a big IF) he accepts a front loaded, 10-year deal (akin to what Richards/Carter signed), at around 10 years with a cap hit of $6.5M.

So you say "but what about Quick?" If they did the same thing with Quick on a front loaded, long term extension that averages to $6M, they could fit both players and the rest of the team under the cap in 2013. That would be quite the team the Kings could be icing if it happened, but it is a long shot. Rumors are that Parise is going to land in either Pittsburgh or Detroit.

Old
06-25-2012, 02:25 AM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Doing some number crunching and it seems that the Kings could actually afford Parise if (and this is a big IF) he accepts a front loaded, 10-year deal (akin to what Richards/Carter signed), at around 10 years with a cap hit of $6.5M.

So you say "but what about Quick?" If they did the same thing with Quick on a front loaded, long term extension that averages to $6M, they could fit both players and the rest of the team under the cap in 2013. That would be quite the team the Kings could be icing if it happened, but it is a long shot. Rumors are that Parise is going to land in either Pittsburgh or Detroit.
Those rumors come because both have tons of cap space and would be interested. Parise hasn't hinted at anything. So I wouldn't pay too much attention to rumors in this case.

Old
06-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Reclamation Project
Registered Ruiner

Quote:

I'd love to have Parise. Kopitar needs an elite player on his wing. Who else would there be in the next 2 or 3 years the could fill that? I don't think he goes to Pittsburgh. They need defense but you never know with Shero Am I the only one that isn't scared at the thought of him going to Detroit? They would be great but I don't see him making them an unbeatable team like many people predict. I think he goes to Minnesota and Sutter goes to Detroit.

Old
06-25-2012, 02:54 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:

Number crunching? Be real. You went on CapGeek and used their cap calculator and added him on to our roster

Old
06-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Number crunching? Be real. You went on CapGeek and used their cap calculator and added him on to our roster
That I did, haha, but I also put some data into an excel spreadsheet to see how they look after this year. The Kings are sitting in cap heaven with the core locked up with plenty of space for raises and upgrades.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

If what I did was right I think we can sign Quick and Parise to a combined 14 million dollar cap hit and still have room in 2013-14. Also kept Scuderi, Penner, Gagne out. King gets about 1 mil, Muzzin 1 mil, Voynov 2 to 3 mil, and a backup goalie costing as much as Bernier

Parise-Kopitar-Brown
Williams-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan
Westgarth/Richardson

Doughty-Mitchell
Voynov-Greene
Martinez-Muzzin
Drewiske

Quick
Backup

On a cap that was around 68 million. Lookin good

Old
06-25-2012, 03:46 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Sargent View Post
How about Igor Larionov?
I wish but he's an agent and 2 of his clients just went 1 and 3 in the draft. Doubt he is leaving the agent biz anytime soon.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:00 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...p-list-641827/
Quote:
Minnesota, Los Angeles and, yes, the Red Wings are high on the long list of clubs expected to try to lure Parise. The Penguins' sales pitch should be as good as that of any other team, but that doesn't mean it will be appreciably better than the others.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Sargent View Post
How about Igor Larionov?

How about his daughter?

Old
06-25-2012, 09:27 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Yeah, alot of writers seems to think the Kings will be big in the Parise sweepstakes and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, if you ask me.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
How about his daughter?
Mmmmm how bout her.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:58 AM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

I'd like to add Heidi back to the roster of media personalities for the games. Please. Biggest FA left to sign. Do it Deano / FSWest...

Old
06-25-2012, 10:30 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
No, it proves that they're good hockey players who are a fit so far in their short time in LA. Richards hasn't been there a year, Carter 6 months. And how Carter handled the situation in Columbus is something that speaks to his character IMO (since we're talking about it). Perhaps they've changed from their experiences last Summer or are on their best behavior after how things ended here. Perhaps they are pure angels who've never done anything wrong. Perhaps they haven't had time for anyone to sour on them yet. It's almost certainly not as simple as any of that and probably some combination of all of them.

There's too much substantiated stuff that happened here before they got traded. You probably can't have that much smoke with no fire. I'm not saying they're bad guys, but I'm saying there were issues, which is pretty plain to see. I'm not out to assassinate any characters nor do I want to have this argument. I was just explaining what prompted to huge turnover on the Flyers roster. This stuff did is not stuff that came to light after that trades as people tried to come up with explanations. Lots of things had been talked about for a long time. If you think I'm an idiot with no point at all, that's fine man, I don't take it personally.

They don't want to rebuild honestly, they want to retool and stay competitive (seems to be working okay so far, we'll see how they go). If you also look, Pronger and Timonen were the only guys getting real minutes who were over thirty on our D. They were also our two best defensemen. They were also both signed before Richards and Carter were traded, which I would presume is the first move of the "rebuild". The rest of the minutes went to Coburn, Meszaros, Carle, Bourdon, Gustaffson, Grossmann, and Marshall and Lilja. 27 and younger guys, with the exception of Lilja.

Signing Lilja and getting Schenn are not contradictory moves. It's a capped league, there will always be budget veteran signings to flesh out rosters. It's not like if a team signs one vet d-man that means they've abandoned an agenda to get younger or retool.

Their business tactics how? They do business. They trade guys. The only person who I think got even a remotely raw deal was Carter (and a lot of that probably had to do with the fact that Richards and he were sort of a package deal. If he traded one, he had to trade them both since there was no way either was gonna want to stay).

Right, you saw those two guys getting moved. That seems odd. I wonder why that would happen...perhaps there were some non-hockey related reasons.

As for Snider, yes he is impatient. He is older than dirt and he wants another cup before he dies. That is probably why we are so forgiving of him in Philly a lot of the time. We don't always love his approach, but damn if he doesn't try to give us a winner every year.

No criticism doesn't make you a Penguins fan. The attitude of "silly Flyers, why are you doing that. Look this is how we did it, and we have a cup". It was an undertone in the discussion (sometimes stated outright).

They probably can't prove that they weren't an issue in Philly, because they're not in Philly anymore. I'm glad their new situation suits them better. Richards hated dealing with the media and wasn't talking to his coach by the end of the year. That isn't a functional Captain. I'm sorry if you don't like hearing that, but it's simple. He needed a new start in a new role, and the Flyers sure as hell weren't about to embarrass him by naming a different Captain. Use your head man, aside from what's kicked about as rumor, there are verified facts that tell the story too.

Are you really that plugged in to what's up here in Philly? Because amongst the Flyers fans he gets plenty of criticism. Especially for his perceived influence on how the Bryz deal went down. Amid the general public (i.e. casual fans) the Flyers are a distant third to the Phils and Eagles, so no, Snyder doesn't get much attention from them, good or bad.

I didn't call them cancers really. I said there were tensions. That is not speculation, that is straight out of Laviolette's mouth. He and Richards weren't speaking by the end of his last season here. Cancers implies they couldn't work anywhere, and I don't think that's the case.

Were you ever in your life in a situation where you weren't going to do that well, or have a supervisor that you didn't get along with? Did that mean you were going to fail everywhere, or not get along with everyone? Sometimes certain situations just sour and nobody is faultless in all of it. Usually, once you're not so close to the situation you can see what part you played and you grow from it. Maybe that happened here...or maybe everybody has it all wrong.
Couple of points then I'm done cause I don't feel like having another one of these long winded arguments:

- They are no different from how they were in Philly. It's just now the media doesn't attack them and report everything they do. They were the ones that reported all that "substantiated stuff" and I'm sure as soon as things start to go wrong for the Flyers, they will be on someone else's tail, too. The only facts are that Carter and Richards were traded, now they have a Cup.
- Yeah, he wants to give you a winner that's great. He also seems to have preconceived notions about what he wants his team to look like. High-scoring, physical hockey. It took him 20 some years to figure out he needed a goalie, and then he just grabbed the first one he saw on the open market.
- No one trashes Snider in the media or on the radio, he's a god in Philly. Yes, people on messageboards will criticize, but you guys are not going to effect him. And the hockey market is very big in Philly, there is plenty of Flyers talk. They were second behind the Eagles until the Phillies won.
- How you deal with the media does not dictate how good a captain you are. Richards wins two more games in 2010 and he's right behind Bobby Clarke in former captains and no one would've given a **** if he pissed on the media. However, he lost, now he should've never been captain. Yeah, that's stupid.
- Richards has won with almost every team he's been on and he's gotten high praise from all his previous and current teammates and coaches. Except for certain guys on the Flyers. That tells me they're the ones with the problem and that maybe you should've gotten rid of them instead of your young franchise guys. But you know the media said they were the issue and they are totally trustworthy, so lets just dump them and start over.

Richards, Carter, Gagne, Williams, all winners, you just had to put the right defense and goaltending behind them.

Old
06-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
How about his daughter?
Which one? I think both are very easy on the eyes

Old
06-25-2012, 11:29 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Dont see a Parise deal. Who do we trade for. Dean wants his sniper. He always goes in a different direction then we think.

Old
06-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Dont see a Parise deal. Who do we trade for. Dean wants his sniper. He always goes in a different direction then we think.
noone. He'll make a run at Parise and Suter, if he doesn't get either, he won't panic since they are luxuries, not needs. He won't make a trade, but will sign a depth winger instead

Old
06-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
I know he isn't a popular player but Alex Semin is available.....

I wonder what Semin under Sutter would be like....

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Semin - Richards - Carter

mother of god. It's a fun possibility to look at. But that being said, Semin doesn't fit the attitude of this team. Frolov 2.0

Old
06-25-2012, 11:46 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
That I did, haha, but I also put some data into an excel spreadsheet to see how they look after this year. The Kings are sitting in cap heaven with the core locked up with plenty of space for raises and upgrades.
So people used to ask how many goals has cap space scored?

The real question is how may Stanley Cups has cap space won? One

How many Stanley Cups will cap space win???

Everyone is loving Lombardi's cap management now.

Old
06-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
I'd like to add Heidi back to the roster of media personalities for the games. Please. Biggest FA left to sign. Do it Deano / FSWest...
aaaand boom goes the dynamite

Old
06-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Reclamation Project
Registered Ruiner

Hate that plug. Carter is already our Sniper. Give him a full healthy year and he should put up 40 goals.

Closed Thread