HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 03:49 AM
Uwey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post

Don't you think he was a product of MacKinnon a bit in this round?

Two words - Absolutely not.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:54 AM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
''Galchenyuk dances through the middle and carries the puck into the offensive zone, pass to Collberg on the right side, stickhandles his way by Rielly, cross-ice feed to Drouin, he scores! He beats Reimer up high!''

Have they traded Pacioretty at this point already???

Old
06-25-2012, 06:07 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
Now you are just kidding yourself!!

The only thing that links these two are the fact they are from Cole Harbour.

Don't get me wrong, Nathan is definitely a blue chip prospect, but he is no Crosby.

Every extraordinary midget player coming out of the Maritimes is suppose to be the Sidney Crosby, just ask Ben Duffy!!!
Steam off a bit, and calm down. You have the right to have strong opinions, but saying Jones is the next Pronger is as 'farfetched' as saying Mackinnon is the next Crosby.

That's what I'm trying to make you realize.

I think Mackinnon is the clear #1 and will remain so. You have the right to think otherwise.

And for your information, I'm not comparing both Crosby and Mack because they come from the same area, but rather because of their playing style.

I might not be a season ticket holder like WTK in Halifax, but I watched a lot of moose games this year, a good chunk in the playoffs too, and I'm basing my opinion on that. Not on something I read on online scouting reports.

He's a special player IMO, better than Stamkos/Tavares/Kane.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:27 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Two words - Absolutely not.
Why not? You must admit he was invisible without him in the first two games.

He wasn't a PPG player without MacKinnon throughout the season. He became a PPG and more with him.

I'm talking about his point production, not his talent. He's a good enough player on his own but had lower production without MacKinnon while for Mac it didn't change his production being with or without Drouin.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:56 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Drouin reminds me a lot of Hudon in his first season, except for the skating.

Don't you think he was a product of MacKinnon a bit in this round? He was pretty much invisible in the first two games while MacKinnon was producing and playing great without him. When Drouin was put on MacK's line, that's when he started producing.

Great forward but I feel like playing with MacKinnon will help him a lot, especially for the draft. It tells a lot about MacKinnon.
Of course it helped he was playing with MacKinnon. Drouin is a playmaker first and foremost. Being able to play with MacKinnon allowed Drouins skillset to be put on full display. Drouin went behind MacKinnon in he Q draft for a reason, this kid has unbelievable puck skills, underrated shot and incredible vision.

Keep an eye on Elias Lindholm for Sweden as well.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Of course it helped he was playing with MacKinnon. Drouin is a playmaker first and foremost. Being able to play with MacKinnon allowed Drouins skillset to be put on full display. Drouin went behind MacKinnon in he Q draft for a reason, this kid has unbelievable puck skills, underrated shot and incredible vision.

As far as Drouin is concerned, we cannot forget the extra space created by Critchlow on that line. He really played the role of grinder very well in the Playoffs. I just wish he were still 19.

I do see Drouin being a bottom half 1st rounder, early 2nd rounder at the next draft, so it is possible he becomes a Canadien. Which wouldn't be too bad to have a Tanguay comparable in the system

Old
06-25-2012, 07:08 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Hey! I have rights to Elias Lindholm, I talked about it in the Collberg thread... Seriously, just the feat that the kid has already played in the SEL in a couple of occasions has to be an incredible feat. Will keep an eye on him as well as we are going to have a tremendous scouting job in the Q this year for sure.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
Quote:
Have they traded Pacioretty at this point already???
Balanced 2 line offence bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket1990 View Post
what about curtis lazar competing to be a top 5 pick? just a great overall centre eith decent size and a little bit of a mean streak.. good ol whl hockey player
Maybe, it's just that this draft is absolutely stacked. He would have to overtake one of MacKinnon-Jones-Monahan-Barkov-Shinkaruk, it would be hard to do. The first 2 are franchise players and the next 3 have impact player potential with a chance to be franchise guys too.

Lazar could easily go 10th-15th in this bonanza of talent and still be a fantastic NHLer.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Hopefully we keep our picks, but with our 1st and 3 2nds our prospect pool will get even deeper.

It's a good time to be a habs fan.. In terms of prospect depth...

Old
06-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Hopefully we keep our picks, but with our 1st and 3 2nds our prospect pool will get even deeper.

It's a good time to be a habs fan.. In terms of prospect depth...
I suspect we'll make a trade at some point involving at least one of these pick. Probably not involving our first though...

Old
06-25-2012, 09:42 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Man, the draft is so far away.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Man, the draft is so far away.
but it'll be the greatest draft ever!

Old
06-25-2012, 10:57 AM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
I suspect we'll make a trade at some point involving at least one of these pick. Probably not involving our first though...
I hope not.....I am willing to go cheap this year and have another deep draft and then build a dynasty from 2013 on.

Old
06-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
I hope not.....I am willing to go cheap this year and have another deep draft and then build a dynasty from 2013 on.
I'd be ready to trade a second round pick along with a player/prospect to get something nice. I don't know who, but some teams will be ready to make trades later this summer.

Old
06-25-2012, 11:35 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Hey! I have rights to Elias Lindholm, I talked about it in the Collberg thread... Seriously, just the feat that the kid has already played in the SEL in a couple of occasions has to be an incredible feat. Will keep an eye on him as well as we are going to have a tremendous scouting job in the Q this year for sure.
Lindholm was tremendous at the U18 last april & at the jr A challenge last november. he's a top5 prospect for 2013 imo. Terrific playmaker. Also glad habs are starting to scout Sweden more, so much talent there...wish hockey quebec would look at how their doing things over there.

Old
06-25-2012, 11:47 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Lindholm was tremendous at the U18 last april & at the jr A challenge last november. he's a top5 prospect for 2013 imo. Terrific playmaker. Also glad habs are starting to scout Sweden more, so much talent there...wish hockey quebec would look at how their doing things over there.
The first big mistake hockey quebec does is try to teach hockey before they teach kids to skate/puck handling.

Old
06-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
Actually, Markov79, Mathias Brunet wrote in La Presse a few weeks ago that the Hockey Quebec folks brought over someone from the Swedish hockey federation the last few months to explain their philosophies, so clearly they are are looking at their way of doings things.

Found the article: http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...ey-suedois.php

Quote:
I'd be ready to trade a second round pick along with a player/prospect to get something nice. I don't know who, but some teams will be ready to make trades later this summer.
As long as we control the player for 3+ years on reasonable money and he would be a top 6 forward or top 4 defenceman or elite 3rd liner I would accept it.

If it's a guy 1 year away from UFA, it better be someone valuable enough to bring back the 2nd we moved for him (or more) at the deadline if we are out of it or someone Bergevin is signing for a few years.

The days of blowing 2nd and 3rd rounders on guys who walk within a year better be over.

Old
06-25-2012, 12:23 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Actually, Markov79, Mathias Brunet wrote in La Presse a few weeks ago that the Hockey Quebec folks brought over someone from the Swedish hockey federation the last few months to explain their philosophies, so clearly they are are looking at their way of doings things.

Found the article: http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...ey-suedois.php
Interesting, will see how that work out for them, they say in the article 96 born players should be the first generation to be affected by this. too bad Quebec 96s is view as a weak crop compared to the 95s...

Old
06-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Steam off a bit, and calm down. You have the right to have strong opinions, but saying Jones is the next Pronger is as 'farfetched' as saying Mackinnon is the next Crosby.

That's what I'm trying to make you realize.

I think Mackinnon is the clear #1 and will remain so. You have the right to think otherwise.

And for your information, I'm not comparing both Crosby and Mack because they come from the same area, but rather because of their playing style.

I might not be a season ticket holder like WTK in Halifax, but I watched a lot of moose games this year, a good chunk in the playoffs too, and I'm basing my opinion on that. Not on something I read on online scouting reports.

He's a special player IMO, better than Stamkos/Tavares/Kane.

How do you put Kane with stammer and Tavares ?

JT is the superior player .

JT is the best player drafted number 1 overall since Crosby, and he will stay there until Ekblad. I love Mak, but the kid is more in the same mold has RNH/Hall... He's gonna be a 80ish guy for sure. Tavares has Art Ross potential.

Old
06-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
How do you put Kane with stammer and Tavares ?

JT is the superior player .

JT is the best player drafted number 1 overall since Crosby, and he will stay there until Ekblad. I love Mak, but the kid is more in the same mold has RNH/Hall... He's gonna be a 80ish guy for sure. Tavares has Art Ross potential.
Ekblad should be in contention with Sam Reinhart and Ho-Sang...

Old
06-25-2012, 02:05 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Just as much as saying McKinnon will go first overall a year away from the draft. Seth Jones is already pegged as the first overall pick for next year by some analyst. It's probably gonna be between Jones and McKinnon, but it's not like they are the only two talented players in the draft so we never know.

And don't underestimate Jones. He's already a physical specimen and he has skills to burn. He's gonna be, just like McKinnon, a very special player.
I'm not underestimating Jones.

I just think Mackinnon is that good.

Old
06-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I'm not underestimating Jones.

I just think Mackinnon is that good.
I hope he adds a Mem Cup ring to his resume to prove it....Go Moose!

Old
06-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Uwey

Wasn't Vinnie Lecavalier touted as the next "Mario" during his draft year???

Just sayin' we have to be careful about tagging these kids with impossible tags.

Old
06-25-2012, 02:41 PM
smack66

Bruins fan who wants to say I hate your draft.... Hate it because I think you had a tremendous draft and it sucks as a bruins fan...

Old
06-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I hope he adds a Mem Cup ring to his resume to prove it....Go Moose!

The purest talent I have ever seen yet to this day in a Mooseheads jersey was Alex Tanguay, until that hit by Tomas Kloucek changed his career.

Closed Thread