Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Peterborough Petes 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Petes1

vCash: 500
You won't get equal talent in return unless there's another player out there demanding a trade, or you're flipping Puempel for a defenceman.

Expect a player a year or two younger plus picks if something happens.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:40 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocksNjocks View Post
I like what Dave Reid has done with his OA situation so far. Pumps is staying put
Thought so too, everyone else claims otherwise.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:26 PM
defensehockey19

Saw this while watching the draft from Betzold's twitter.. http://pic.twitter.com/V1oaGSGe

Think their talking about Matt Weis who we picked? He put with the picture.. "Its just fate"

Could be nothing but interesting.

Old
06-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Petes1

Both wearing Ohio shirts, where Weis is going.

Green Bay held their summer camp last weekend, Weis attended it, he's also retweeted player signings and stuff. Green Bay's also updated their roster for next season, and Weis remains on it, whereas guys like Broadhurst (going to London) are no longer on it.

Old
06-22-2012, 09:29 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1 View Post
Both wearing Ohio shirts, where Weis is going.

Green Bay held their summer camp last weekend, Weis attended it, he's also retweeted player signings and stuff. Green Bay's also updated their roster for next season, and Weis remains on it, whereas guys like Broadhurst (going to London) are no longer on it.
That's unfortunate, Never seen him play don't know if hed be a top 6 right away or not.. But if were trading Puempel then signing Weis and Robinson would help soften the blow.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:57 AM
defensehockey19

I think the Petes need a Greg Sutch type.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
I think the Petes need a Greg Sutch type.
we don't need another OA right now. And such is with Barrie. No way Reid trades Puempel in our own conference. Puempel will be dealt just fair value is the question mark. Its going to be tough to get it. Draft choices and an established player has to come in return not a Hatcher type of player who will be lucky to make this team.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:54 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
we don't need another OA right now. And such is with Barrie. No way Reid trades Puempel in our own conference. Puempel will be dealt just fair value is the question mark. Its going to be tough to get it. Draft choices and an established player has to come in return not a Hatcher type of player who will be lucky to make this team.
I'm not saying Puempel for Sutch LOL, I'm just saying Sutch would help cause he's a leader and plays with Grit.

Import draft is getting closer and closer anybody hearing any whispers on what we will be up too? Picking? Aquiring a proven player?

Old
06-24-2012, 04:59 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
I'm not saying Puempel for Sutch LOL, I'm just saying Sutch would help cause he's a leader and plays with Grit.

Import draft is getting closer and closer anybody hearing any whispers on what we will be up too? Picking? Aquiring a proven player?

Old
06-24-2012, 10:17 PM
defensehockey19

What about....

To Plymouth: Matt Puempel, Steve Trojanovic

To Peterborough: Mitchell Dempsey(95), Cody Payne(94), 2nd in 2012, 2nd in 2013

Old
06-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Petes1

I think Plymouth makes the most sense, although I thought the same in regards to Watson.

- Vellucci didn't pay the price for Watson at the deadline, and then watched as Watson was playoff MVP.
- Mitch Heard was just drafted in 2nd round, increasing the odds he might stick in the AHL.
- I'm sure the Senators would be happy to see Noesen and Puempel playing together.
- Plymouth has to go for it, will lose Noesen, Meurs, Rackell, Miller, Aleardi, Mahalak, Heard at the end of the year.
- Close to home.

I'd do that deal, assuming those 2nd's would then be used to grab someone such as Brett Ritchie (or another good veteran) who I'm sure Reid will be calling about if/when Niagara falls out of it quickly.

Dempsey gives you another big kid with lots of potential, but the question is, would Reid trade Puempel for a guy that only had 6 points? Tough sell to fans.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:55 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1 View Post
I think Plymouth makes the most sense, although I thought the same in regards to Watson.

- Vellucci didn't pay the price for Watson at the deadline, and then watched as Watson was playoff MVP.
- Mitch Heard was just drafted in 2nd round, increasing the odds he might stick in the AHL.
- I'm sure the Senators would be happy to see Noesen and Puempel playing together.
- Plymouth has to go for it, will lose Noesen, Meurs, Rackell, Miller, Aleardi, Mahalak, Heard at the end of the year.
- Close to home.

I'd do that deal, assuming those 2nd's would then be used to grab someone such as Brett Ritchie (or another good veteran) who I'm sure Reid will be calling about if/when Niagara falls out of it quickly.

Dempsey gives you another big kid with lots of potential, but the question is, would Reid trade Puempel for a guy that only had 6 points? Tough sell to fans.
I agree. I'd be even more pleased with Vanderwiel instead of Payne but I doubt you get the picks that way.. 2 2nds would deffintely have to be flipped for a vet

Old
06-25-2012, 07:30 AM
aresknights

Quote:
What about....

To Plymouth: Matt Puempel, Steve Trojanovic

To Peterborough: Mitchell Dempsey(95), Cody Payne(94), 2nd in 2012, 2nd in 2013
I'd be suprised if velucci pays that price.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:44 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I'd be suprised if velucci pays that price.
You and I both. Just wishful thinking.

2 days till the import selection any predicitions on what were going to do? Pick at 69, Aquire a proven player such as Olden/Beranek or even Pavelka?

Last edited by defensehockey19: 06-25-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old
06-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Petes96

Quote:
You and I both. Just wishful thinking.

2 days till the import selection any predicitions on what were going to do? Pick at 69, Aquire a proven player such as Olden/Beranek or even Pavelka?
Petes won't be taking anyone

Old
06-25-2012, 03:30 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Petes won't be taking anyone
Speculation or inside scoop.

If inside scoop do you think they will aquire a proven forward?

Old
06-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Speculation or inside scoop.

If inside scoop do you think they will aquire a proven forward?
don't need a forward. We have too many now. And with Puempel on his way out a top 6 forward will be coming back in return for him. So they would take a dman if anyone at all

Old
06-25-2012, 03:45 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
don't need a forward. We have too many now. And with Puempel on his way out a top 6 forward will be coming back in return for him. So they would take a dman if anyone at all
I doubt we get anybody back for Pumps that will step into the top 6

Old
06-25-2012, 08:39 PM
NV

Quote:
I doubt we get anybody back for Pumps that will step into the top 6
If you don't, I wouldn't trade him. I'd be fine with him sitting at home for the season. The Petes have a good young team, lots of picks, if you're not getting someone who can help out this season, it may be best for the team to take a stand and try to put a stop to the constant stream of players leaving town by saying no to their demands for a change. If he wants to play in the OHL, he can play in Peterborough.

Old
06-26-2012, 03:01 AM
chriryan

pumps isnt going anywhere until someone on here proves without a doubt his source is good he will play for the petes this year.

Last edited by chriryan: 06-26-2012 at 04:01 AM.
Old
06-26-2012, 06:41 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriryan View Post
pumps isnt going anywhere until someone on here proves without a doubt his source is good he will play for the petes this year.
I hope so too Chriryan, If its Oshawa I want Laughton and picks just cause of the rivalry.

If its anybody else I want there first round pick from last season plus picks... If nobody will pay that... Then let him sit!

Old
06-26-2012, 07:49 AM
cfaub

For those who want to sit Puempel think of it this way:

What value does he provide to you if he sits?

What hapened when Watson when home to sit?

What will happen to the CHL/NHL agreement eventually if all there draftees are sent home to sit when they are looking for a trade?

If he sits he has no value at all to the Petes. he is not contributing on the ice and the Petes are getting no assets. He becomes a wasted asset.

Watson went home to sit, his value dropped and the Petes got stuck with a lowball offer for him. If they would have dealt him quicker they likely would have had a better offer. Waitig to the deadline when the player is sitting put the Petes in a position of weakness. He's not returning and you only have a few days to deal him. Do you want your team to go through that again?

CHL/NHL agreement would likely change if the NHL begins to feel that their draftees are not being developed. The NHl has absolutely no financial incentive to send players back after the draft. Yes they have agreed to but what does it do for them?

They pay JR. teams to develop the kids for them.
They do not have access to kids drafted from the CHL until they are in their OA year or they can crack the NHL roster.

Every other kid they draft can be signed and assigned to the AHL/ECHL or where ever they wish to send them. They can easily remedy that situation if teams are not going to co operate with them when they draft kids. The agreement is there but can be changed pretty easily if the NHL feels the CHL is not doing it's part to develop the kids for them.

All that being said I agree with the poster who says they want to see something more concrete about Puempel demanding a trade. I don't know if he has or hasn't but until there is public information then it is all basically speculation. If someone has an inside scoop that's great but while some have said it is the case no one has really supported it. They may or may not be correct but until there is something more concrete to support the information it is hard to accept at face value.

Personally I think he stays with the Petes.

Old
06-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfaub View Post
For those who want to sit Puempel think of it this way:

What value does he provide to you if he sits?

What hapened when Watson when home to sit?

What will happen to the CHL/NHL agreement eventually if all there draftees are sent home to sit when they are looking for a trade?

If he sits he has no value at all to the Petes. he is not contributing on the ice and the Petes are getting no assets. He becomes a wasted asset.

Watson went home to sit, his value dropped and the Petes got stuck with a lowball offer for him. If they would have dealt him quicker they likely would have had a better offer. Waitig to the deadline when the player is sitting put the Petes in a position of weakness. He's not returning and you only have a few days to deal him. Do you want your team to go through that again?

CHL/NHL agreement would likely change if the NHL begins to feel that their draftees are not being developed. The NHl has absolutely no financial incentive to send players back after the draft. Yes they have agreed to but what does it do for them?

They pay JR. teams to develop the kids for them.
They do not have access to kids drafted from the CHL until they are in their OA year or they can crack the NHL roster.

Every other kid they draft can be signed and assigned to the AHL/ECHL or where ever they wish to send them. They can easily remedy that situation if teams are not going to co operate with them when they draft kids. The agreement is there but can be changed pretty easily if the NHL feels the CHL is not doing it's part to develop the kids for them.

All that being said I agree with the poster who says they want to see something more concrete about Puempel demanding a trade. I don't know if he has or hasn't but until there is public information then it is all basically speculation. If someone has an inside scoop that's great but while some have said it is the case no one has really supported it. They may or may not be correct but until there is something more concrete to support the information it is hard to accept at face value.

Personally I think he stays with the Petes.
you're correct to a degree. Watson demanded a trade but only to London and London knew this. So they waited and low balled them. Watson was not going to come back to Peterborough no matter what so Reid took what ever he could get for him at the deadline. Remember he was at the World juniors and didn't demand his trade until the tournament was over which only gave the Petes a week.

With Puempel who cares about the NHL the Petes is a business as much as the NHL. If they though Puempel was good enough to make the big club they would have him on it or put him in the AHL. But he's not so they send him back to his junior team to develop. Yes the team that owns his rights. Who is he to dictate to the league where he should and shouldn't play. So if the NHL wants a better relationship with the CHL then they should step up and tell him to go back to his Junior team and play out his season.

Old
06-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Johnsb

Talking to a third party from another team and they were indicating a deal with Colts & Petes could be in the works. Not a Pumplel deal.

Old
06-26-2012, 09:37 AM
aresknights

[QUOTE=
"Watson went home to sit, his value dropped and the Petes got stuck with a lowball offer for him. If they would have dealt him quicker they likely would have had a better offer. Waitig to the deadline when the player is sitting put the Petes in a position of weakness. He's not returning and you only have a few days to deal him. Do you want your team to go through that again?"[/QUOTE]
Watson went home after they botched a trade with sarnia and he knew they wanted to flip him, then a rumored deal also fell thru with Kitchener. ( I heard both were better offers than London)
Only then does London swoop in an d pick him up for 50 cents on the dollar
It seemed as much the staffs fault as anything Watson did. If its all true I don't blame him for sitting and waiting

Anyway it happened, thank you to the Pete's staff

Closed Thread