HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Keith Yandle is available, and a deal may be close

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 05:02 AM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I don't know what DM actually would want in return, but what I want is a forward of equal or better value than Yandle. I'll add if necessary.

Having a quick look at the Tampa roster doesn't show them to be a match for that. Some untouchables for either obvious or contract reasons, and the rest of the crop isn't good enough to fit that criteria.

So at least by what I would want, they aren't compatible trading partners.
This makes me extremely sad.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:10 AM
HyPnOtiK

How's this for value?

To Phoenix: B.Schenn, Meszaros, 2013 1st
To Philly: Yandle

Old
06-25-2012, 09:13 AM
BrawlFan

I have a feeling now that maybe Yandle was being shopped for Staal but now that he is traded Yandle wont be moving.

I dunno though

Old
06-25-2012, 09:42 AM
SSoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyPnOtiK View Post
How's this for value?

To Phoenix: B.Schenn, Meszaros, 2013 1st
To Philly: Yandle
Well Philly just got Luke so i doubt they trade Brayden, but change Meszaros we have to many young D already don't need any Defense coming back to someone like a Matt Read, the value is close.

Old
06-25-2012, 11:21 AM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I don't know what DM actually would want in return, but what I want is a forward of equal or better value than Yandle. I'll add if necessary.

Having a quick look at the Tampa roster doesn't show them to be a match for that. Some untouchables for either obvious or contract reasons, and the rest of the crop isn't good enough to fit that criteria.

So at least by what I would want, they aren't compatible trading partners.
I'd like to know which players you think you'll be able to get for Yandle. Teams don't trade there high end offensive guys for no reason. You might be able to get a Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash who have been rumoured to be on the move, but I doubt you'd get much else.

Old
06-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I'd like to know which players you think you'll be able to get for Yandle. Teams don't trade there high end offensive guys for no reason. You might be able to get a Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash who have been rumoured to be on the move, but I doubt you'd get much else.
And yet we are supposed to just give Yandle away for the scraps that are being offered. I don't think Yotes fans "expect" to get anyone for Yandle, we are simply saying he won't be moved for anything less what we need. If teams aren't willing to give up what we want its both understandable and no skin off our backs since we aren't trying to move Yandle anyway. Teams are asking us for a player we don't want to move which means we set the price, don't like it then they can find their offensive dman elsewhere.

Old
06-25-2012, 12:36 PM
golffuul

The rumor from Edmonton is that the Oilers are offering Sam Gagner and Magnus Paajarvi for Yandle.

LINK: http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-keith-yandle/

Old
06-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by golffuul View Post
The rumor from Edmonton is that the Oilers are offering Sam Gagner and Magnus Paajarvi for Yandle.
The rumor you made up?

Link please

Old
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Yandle would be a good fit in Edmonton with his buddy Whitney.

Old
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
How genrous of them. If true, that must've been a very quick conversation.

Old
06-25-2012, 12:41 PM
golffuul

Included link in my post. And here, again, for the naysayers.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-keith-yandle/

Old
06-25-2012, 12:42 PM
SSoH

Quote:

We dont want a prospect who cant crack the roster of the 28th overall team in the NHL, and as for Gagner, Maloney lost all interest in him the second we got Vermette, if the oilers want a # 1 D-man one of the big 3 come back.

Old
06-25-2012, 12:48 PM
golffuul

You mean a guy who scored 15 goals in his rookie season, but simply got lost in the Tom Renney "shuffle" in his 2nd season? The kid has skills to burn and his upside is tremendous. Phoenix's problem is that they cannot sign all of their players to long-term (or even short-term) contracts of any great significance when the mandate is to stay at the salary cap floor. Guys like Doan and Ray Whitney will have to take pay cuts to be able to stay with the team. Paajarvi and Gagner come as a cheaper alternative. You've already seen how well Brule can do, first hand, and he couldn't crack the roster, either.

Old
06-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
The rumor you made up?

Link please
haha those are the best ones

Old
06-25-2012, 12:55 PM
SSoH

Quote:
You mean a guy who scored 15 goals in his rookie season, but simply got lost in the Tom Renney "shuffle" in his 2nd season? The kid has skills to burn and his upside is tremendous. Phoenix's problem is that they cannot sign all of their players to long-term (or even short-term) contracts of any great significance when the mandate is to stay at the salary cap floor. Guys like Doan and Ray Whitney will have to take pay cuts to be able to stay with the team. Paajarvi and Gagner come as a cheaper alternative. You've already seen how well Brule can do, first hand, and he couldn't crack the roster, either.
-Signed Yandle for 5 years @ 5.25M
-Signed Martin Hanzal 5 Years @ 3.1Mil
-Paid Langkow 4.25M in

Doan and Whitney wont take paycuts they are uncertain about the ownership of the team not if they will get paid or not, they want to choose where they will play, you could say they don't want to be moved to a place like Edmonton.

Yes Brule couldn't crack the roster why would we another player who cant play defense in Tippets system and is limited offensively?

Old
06-25-2012, 01:05 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

A ton of misinformation here. Coyotes are not required to stay at the cap floor. Cap has nothing to do with it. They spent at least fifty million dollars on NHL salaries last season and are nowhere near that for next season.

Langkow, Roszival, and Aucoin are all walking. Clears up a ton of cash.

Obviously we are allowed to take on longer, larger contracts. We just acquired Zbynek Michalek and sent zero dollars the other way.

If Doan and Whitney do stay, that's fantastic. They made seven and a half million bucks last year. There is no way in hell they make a penny over eight, combined, on this team next season. So no real raise there. Nor anywhere else on the roster. The Coyotes have plenty of financial flexibility if they should head into next season in Phoenix owned by the league.

Old
06-25-2012, 01:07 PM
golffuul

Notice the theme of those signings? Underpaid for their value. Phoenix can't afford to pay Doan what he wants, or they would have already signed him. They already have future salary problems as only 8 of their current roster (including current RFA's/UFA's) signed past next year. So they have some serious cash problems to be able to pay people. So they have to recycle the players they have and replace them with cheaper (and usually less skilled) players. Gagner has talent to play 1st/2nd line centre..and Paajarvi has the potential to be a consistent 20-30 goal scorer having already proved he can score 15, in his rookie season.

I wouldn't mind throwing in Ryan Whitney to complete the deal, if Phoenix wanted him.

Old
06-25-2012, 01:12 PM
golffuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
A ton of misinformation here. Coyotes are not required to stay at the cap floor. Cap has nothing to do with it. They spent at least fifty million dollars on NHL salaries last season and are nowhere near that for next season.

Langkow, Roszival, and Aucoin are all walking. Clears up a ton of cash.

Obviously we are allowed to take on longer, larger contracts. We just acquired Zbynek Michalek and sent zero dollars the other way.

If Doan and Whitney do stay, that's fantastic. They made seven and a half million bucks last year. There is no way in hell they make a penny over eight, combined, on this team next season. So no real raise there. Nor anywhere else on the roster. The Coyotes have plenty of financial flexibility if they should head into next season in Phoenix owned by the league.
If they aren't strapped for cash and able to pay out big contracts, then why have they never done so? They are always near the bottom of the league in revenue in and salary out. They are a "floor" team, and they know it. Last year's floor was $48.3M. With the salary cap going up $3M, this year, the floor will be $51M+. Phoenix cannot afford to become spenders. They simply don't have the revenue to support it.

Old
06-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Severe underpayment by the Oilers.

Old
06-25-2012, 01:13 PM
SSoH

Quote:
Notice the theme of those signings? Underpaid for their value. Phoenix can't afford to pay Doan what he wants, or they would have already signed him. They already have future salary problems as only 8 of their current roster (including current RFA's/UFA's) signed past next year. So they have some serious cash problems to be able to pay people. So they have to recycle the players they have and replace them with cheaper (and usually less skilled) players. Gagner has talent to play 1st/2nd line centre..and Paajarvi has the potential to be a consistent 20-30 goal scorer having already proved he can score 15, in his rookie season.

I wouldn't mind throwing in Ryan Whitney to complete the deal, if Phoenix wanted him.
No thanks, we'll keep using our recycled players and keep making the playoffs, but don't worry you can use Gagner, Paajarvi, Whitney an your next 2-3 1st overalls to make the playoffs in 2016 or so.

We just got Michalek without sending any salary back, you clearly have no idea about the yotes cap situation its like me saying "Theres no way EDM can sign all their young players lololzol0zl"

Want Yandle? It will cost you RNH/HALL/EBERLE + Prospect + Pick, otherwise you can go find another # 1 D-man for cheaper.

Last edited by SSoH: 06-25-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old
06-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Shepard

Quote:

Doan (and Whitney) just wants to make sure the team will be in Phoenix before he signs. We absolutely can afford him.

Old
06-25-2012, 01:37 PM
DesertDawg

I can't believe I read that BLOG. Totally clueless about Yandle and all he tries to legitimize it with playing time and other meaningless stats, pretty pathetic. It shows that if anyone believes that blog must not have watched the Coyotes and not a clue what Yandle brings to the team. If you are going to question about these siily stats that the blogger presented, perhaps you should look at his pairing and question Morris more. Most of us Coyote fans will tell you Yandle had an off year. He got that contract and try to do too much at the beginning of the year, later on his pairing partner was going through a rough patch in his personal life, eventually took some time off and then came back at the end of the year and played great. Questioning Yandle's defensive play is a joke. Tippet style of coaching emphasizes the d-men to jump back into the offense and Yandle does this exceptionally well with his speed. Oliver not so much. BTW, the Coyotes did get to the WCF and lost to the eventual Cup winner that also was from the same division. And who do you give credit for that?

Old
06-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Oilers1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSoH View Post
No thanks, we'll keep using our recycled players and keep making the playoffs, but don't worry you can use Gagner, Paajarvi, Whitney an your next 2-3 1st overalls to make the playoffs in 2016 or so.

We just got Michalek without sending any salary back, you clearly have no idea about the yotes cap situation its like me saying "Theres no way EDM can sign all their young players lololzol0zl"

Want Yandle? It will cost you RNH/HALL/EBERLE + Prospect + Pick, otherwise you can go find another # 1 D-man for cheaper.
LMAO. IF we sent one of those guys your way it would be your team throwing in the extras.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:49 PM
bernmeister

Quote:

Yeah, I see you put a link.
Nevertheless, that is way extreme underpayment.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:50 PM
GCM
Stork

it's a shame they're in the same division as Anaheim

Yandle for Ryan could be interesting otherwise.

Closed Thread