HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yip-ee? (Yip signed 1yr 750k)

Old
06-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Everlong
-

vCash: 500
Yip-ee? (Yip signed 1yr 750k)

Ryan Porth ‏@Smashville247

#Preds announce signing of Yip to 1 year, $750,000 contract. First reported by RDS Tuesday.

----------------------

Trotz' pride and joy back for another year.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:33 PM
NoNecksCurse

well, trotz' summer has been made. i doubt he even cares about the draft or free agency knowing he got the yipster back

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:12 PM
predatorsfan2015

Ryan Suter, who?

predatorsfan2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:04 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Powerplay is now unstoppable.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:13 PM
predhead99

Think Yip will be Tootoo replacement since the team and him are far apart on a new contract. 750K compared to over 2M for Tootoo and having to get so many other pieces signed more important like Suter and Weber. I think this past season was the last for Tootoo in Pred Gold. And not to mention the comments he made at the last part of the regular season and the production drop during that time as well.

predhead99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:08 PM
SpeedDemon

um one question - WHY ???

SpeedDemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:14 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PredsFan1IslesFan View Post
um one question - WHY ???
he plays trotz hockey and every team needs a couple of low cost energy guys

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Grinding role player for the bottom six signed .... ok ... no big deal. A lot of role player, lower tier guys get signed this time of year. They are the easy deals to make.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:31 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

My whipping boy for next year... God I didn't want him back

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:51 AM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead99 View Post
Think Yip will be Tootoo replacement since the team and him are far apart on a new contract. 750K compared to over 2M for Tootoo and having to get so many other pieces signed more important like Suter and Weber. I think this past season was the last for Tootoo in Pred Gold. And not to mention the comments he made at the last part of the regular season and the production drop during that time as well.
Tootoo apparently has a 3 year "very generous" deal in hand that he hasn't signed. This was announced at Sportsfest on Saturday. So even though we signed Yip, Tootoo is still in the Preds plans.

codeman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:53 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman00 View Post
Tootoo apparently has a 3 year "very generous" deal in hand that he hasn't signed. This was announced at Sportsfest on Saturday. So even though we signed Yip, Tootoo is still in the Preds plans.
hopefully his unwillingness to sign closes that door once and for all.

Good riddance.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:07 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
hopefully his unwillingness to sign closes that door once and for all.

Good riddance.
I think the writing was on the wall after he was benched in the playoffs. With Tootoo a "fan favorite" with the casual fans, I'm wondering if the Preds knew he would walk and this was to help just to say they made an offer.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:19 AM
codeman00

Wow...I'm amazed at the harsh opinions on this thread against Tootoo? The guy came up huge in the 2011 playoffs and had a great year going until he bulldozed a goaltender. Not only that, he's contributed to our community in many ways. And now you're ready to kick him to the curb? Yeah, he was unhappy that he wasn't playing...but who wouldn't be especially the way it went down. A couple of hot head individuals show up and take his spot right from him and then show their true colors, enough to get suspended. I'll admit that he's not the most talented guy on the ice, but we brings a lot of intangibles and also can contribute with some key assists and goals.

Maybe Yip is going to take his place down the road, but I don't think Toots deserves this kind of hate.

Old
06-25-2012, 10:20 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

We have no idea what a genourous offer is from the Preds. It could be a 3 year deal for 1.5 per. It could be an intentional lowball of 3 years 1 million per. who knows. I highly doubt that it was anything more than 2 million per.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:40 AM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
We have no idea what a genourous offer is from the Preds. It could be a 3 year deal for 1.5 per. It could be an intentional lowball of 3 years 1 million per. who knows. I highly doubt that it was anything more than 2 million per.
That's a very good point. I doubt if its over 2 million either. I guess we will see what happens.

Last edited by codeman00: 06-25-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old
06-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Shea Weber

Yip > Tootoo

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:53 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Wow...I'm amazed at the harsh opinions on this thread against Tootoo? The guy came up huge in the 2011 playoffs and had a great year going until he bulldozed a goaltender. Not only that, he's contributed to our community in many ways. And now you're ready to kick him to the curb? Yeah, he was unhappy that he wasn't playing...but who wouldn't be especially the way it went down. A couple of hot head individuals show up and take his spot right from him and then show their true colors, enough to get suspended. I'll admit that he's not the most talented guy on the ice, but we brings a lot of intangibles and also can contribute with some key assists and goals.

Maybe Yip is going to take his place down the road, but I don't think Toots deserves this kind of hate.
he had a single great playoff run that looked like a fluke. he's not good offensively, he's terrible defensively, and he no longer fulfill his one niche-- hitting\drawing penalties. He's a useless player that was popular as a sideshow act only, and I'm glad he's leaving.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:00 PM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
he had a single great playoff run that looked like a fluke. he's not good offensively, he's terrible defensively, and he no longer fulfill his one niche-- hitting\drawing penalties. He's a useless player that was popular as a sideshow act only, and I'm glad he's leaving.
I definitely agree with some of this...I just don't understand the "hate". So a player is not contributing, etc...but I don't think he deserves venom to be spewed at him after all of the years of service he's put in for this team. Apparently the Preds still want him as part of the team. One thing I noticed that no one has ever brought up in the media, Tootoo's downward slide in productivity all started when he got suspended for running over the goaltender. His aggressiveness stopped when he was told to throttle it down a bit. And his I think his game suffered because of it. Tootoo isn't the greatest hockey player but his aggressiveness is what gives him the edge. And when he was told not to be as aggressive because Shanahan is watching, it negatively affected his productivity.

Old
06-25-2012, 12:44 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I definitely agree with some of this...I just don't understand the "hate". So a player is not contributing, etc...but I don't think he deserves venom to be spewed at him after all of the years of service he's put in for this team. Apparently the Preds still want him as part of the team. One thing I noticed that no one has ever brought up in the media, Tootoo's downward slide in productivity all started when he got suspended for running over the goaltender. His aggressiveness stopped when he was told to throttle it down a bit. And his I think his game suffered because of it. Tootoo isn't the greatest hockey player but his aggressiveness is what gives him the edge. And when he was told not to be as aggressive because Shanahan is watching, it negatively affected his productivity.
Three of his six goals came within the 18 days following his suspension for hitting Miller ..... eight of his twenty four assists were within the 30 days following that suspension. 5g, 10a from 20 Nov - 15 Dec with the suspension in the middle of that time frame. His little hot streak started before the hit, and continued for a couple of weeks afterwards. The correlation between his stats dropping and that incident just isn't there.

If it was that hit that caused the offensive woes, how do you explain his lack of scoring prior to 20 Nov? He had 0g, 3a in the first 6 weeks or so of the season.

Old
06-25-2012, 01:55 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

this is a good depth guy provided he is just that. 4th line depth and move to the 3rd line when the injury/flu bug hits in Nov/Dec

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 02:06 PM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Three of his six goals came within the 18 days following his suspension for hitting Miller ..... eight of his twenty four assists were within the 30 days following that suspension. 5g, 10a from 20 Nov - 15 Dec with the suspension in the middle of that time frame. His little hot streak started before the hit, and continued for a couple of weeks afterwards. The correlation between his stats dropping and that incident just isn't there.

If it was that hit that caused the offensive woes, how do you explain his lack of scoring prior to 20 Nov? He had 0g, 3a in the first 6 weeks or so of the season.
If that's what the stats show, that's what they show...I can't refute that. I appreciate you looking that up. However, I did watch his play after the suspension vs pre-suspension and noticed that he had less agressive play after he was suspended. I think it really hurt him offensively. It seems to me that we were breaking in a lot of new players at the beginning of the season and we lost a lot of games. I've already said that Toots isn't the greatest offensively...I'm not sure why we would except him to carry the team on his own through the rough start of the season like we had in 2011.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:16 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
If that's what the stats show, that's what they show...I can't refute that. I appreciate you looking that up. However, I did watch his play after the suspension vs pre-suspension and noticed that he had less agressive play after he was suspended. I think it really hurt him offensively. It seems to me that we were breaking in a lot of new players at the beginning of the season and we lost a lot of games. I've already said that Toots isn't the greatest offensively...I'm not sure why we would except him to carry the team on his own through the rough start of the season like we had in 2011.
Toots gets a short run of a couple weeks every season where he puts up some decent numbers, but, sucks offensively for the other 140-150 days of the season. All six of his goals were in a five week stretch this season. $1.3mil per year for a pest is a lot .... more than that for a pest who brings nothing else is an overpayment.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Broom of the System

Let Tootoo go, let McGrattan go, sign Prust. He's a better hockey player than both, good fighter, good pest, good defensively. Sadly, he'll be looking for 2 mil+.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:16 PM
straka91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Let Tootoo go, let McGrattan go, sign Prust. He's a better hockey player than both, good fighter, good pest, good defensively. Sadly, he'll be looking for 2 mil+.
Lol no.

Tootoo>>>Prust in pretty much every way except dumb penalties and defense. Prust is no pest, far from it. He is an overrated fighter and has been for years. If grabbing on a guy and throwing a few counters means he is a good fighter, than you seriously dont know a good fight from a so so fight. Tootoo atleast goes t2t and puts on an entertaining fight.

Keeping Tootoo and Mcgrattan would be cheaper then going after Prust. Prust is going to be the prize 4th liner this offseason and will get paid atleast 2.5 in the very weak UFA market.

What Trotz did to Tootoo last season was a joke. The guy has put it all on the line for the Gold for the last 8 years and gets benched for a worthless waiver pick up and 2 Euros who did diddly squat. He has every damn right to demand crazy money after that rim job. Is all I know is management reaps what they sew. Get a locker room guy pissed off and you get other key players questioning on whether they want to stay or not, especially when that guy has had your 2 top defenders back for most of their respected careers.

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Broom of the System

Yeah, Weber and Suter are thinking about leaving because of Tootoo... I don't even know how to respond to that. Tootoo is better than Prust in no meaningful facet of the game. Tootoo is awful defensively, no longer fights, falls down all of the time, no longer draws penalties, and turns the puck over every time he touches it. The iteration of Tootoo that showed up for the last half of the season and the playoffs was just awful in every way.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote