HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Affiliate Discussion: Norfolk Admirals

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-20-2012, 11:34 AM
  #101
Carelton CA
Registered User
 
Carelton CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Rakell will be an interesting decision. If he is a strong as I have heard that he is, there is really no sense in sending him back to the WHL. Similar to DSP last year, he needs to play against bigger, stronger and older competition. I also find it odd that he isn't signed yet.

With the Friberg signing I believe that is the 9th player signed out of the last 3 drafts. Tremendous young pool of players at this point. With all the young forward talent it should be fun in Norfolk this year. I hope they make the official announcement soon. I have to believe they are waiting for this weekend or they will announce it during conditioning camp next week.

Carelton CA is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 11:57 AM
  #102
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carelton CA View Post
Rakell will be an interesting decision. If he is a strong as I have heard that he is, there is really no sense in sending him back to the WHL. Similar to DSP last year, he needs to play against bigger, stronger and older competition. I also find it odd that he isn't signed yet.
I`m sure Rakell is not eligible for AHL next year. But he sure wont go to WHL next season. Because he plays in OHL

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 12:12 PM
  #103
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,815
vCash: 708
Rakell is born in 1993, too young for the AHL (since he's not coming from the NCAA). Friberg and Heed will stay in the SEL. I think you can expect something like:

Maroon - Holland - Etem
McMillan - O'Marra/Holzapfel/Schofield/UFA - Lasch
Caputi/UFA - O'Marra/Holzapfel/Schofield/UFA - Wagner
Mitchell/Brittain/Kennedy - O'Marra/Holzapfel/Schofield/UFA - Mitchell/Brittain/Kennedy

Vatanen - Clark
Cumiskey/UFA - UFA
UFA - UFA

Deslauriers
Bobkov

*Expecting Sexton to get bought out.


Last edited by Elvs: 06-20-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Elvs is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 12:27 PM
  #104
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,683
vCash: 500
I think O'Marra might have a decent shot at making the Ducks' as our 4th line center.

My admittedly incredibly unimportant impression from the end of Syracuse's season was that Holzapfel seemed to put up a decent number of points since coming in for Macenauer. From that shallow memory I'd guess that he'd be fine for a 2nd line center job.

Vipers31 is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 01:08 PM
  #105
Adshockey06
Registered User
 
Adshockey06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Rakell is born in 1993, too young for the AHL (since he's not coming from the NCAA). Friberg and Heed will stay in the SEL. I think you can expect something like:

Maroon - Holland - Etem
McMillan - O'Marra/Holzapfel/Schofield/UFA - Lasch
Caputi/UFA - O'Marra/Holzapfel/Schofield/UFA - Wagner
Mitchell/Brittain/Kennedy - O'Marra/Holzapfel/Schofield/UFA - Mitchell/Brittain/Kennedy

Vatanen - Clark
Cumiskey/UFA - UFA
UFA - UFA

Deslauriers
Bobkov

*Expecting Sexton to get bought out.
Yeah sorry on Rakell...didnt think he was in the CHL when he was drafted. Thats why I didnt go that route with the lines, its a mess until we know who is signed in July.....Why do you expect Sexton to be bought out(one-way contract?) and isnt O'Marra a UFA? Id prefer they buy out JDD and bring in an ahl vet on a two way.... Cedrick Desjardins?


Last edited by Adshockey06: 06-20-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Adshockey06 is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 07:12 PM
  #106
GreatBear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Looking at Cap Geek, the following minor league players will be UFA's and RFA's:

UFA's
O'Marra, Jacques, Smaby, Bell, Bodie, Zimmerman. I do not see the Ducks signing any of the forwards for 2012-12. They may try to sign Smaby and Zimmerman, since they need defensemen for Norfolk. Alternatively they will try to sign other minor league defensemen.

RFA's
Schofield, Cumisky, Holsapfel, Caputi, Tarkki (signed to the KHL), Cousineau, Dale Mitchell (John Mitchell resigned with two year contract), Carlisle (signed to the KHL). I would expect no more than Schofield, Cumisky, Holsapfel and Caputi to be tendered qualifying offers.

GreatBear is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 07:32 PM
  #107
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,802
vCash: 500
O`Marra should be brought back! A real warrior on and off the ice.

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 03:45 AM
  #108
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
O`Marra should be brought back! A real warrior on and off the ice.
This. Also I would like to see Jacques and Smaby back as well.

JabbaJabba is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 06:02 AM
  #109
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
This. Also I would like to see Jacques and Smaby back as well.
Yeah, i`d take them to.

PS
there will be reports on AC to

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2012/6...-Cup-Champions

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 09:08 AM
  #110
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,815
vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adshockey06 View Post
Yeah sorry on Rakell...didnt think he was in the CHL when he was drafted. Thats why I didnt go that route with the lines, its a mess until we know who is signed in July.....Why do you expect Sexton to be bought out(one-way contract?) and isnt O'Marra a UFA? Id prefer they buy out JDD and bring in an ahl vet on a two way.... Cedrick Desjardins?
Sexton is on a one way deal yes, and had (production wise) a poor season in the AHL by his standards. With Etem, Lasch and Wagner coming in, I don't see the need to keep Sexton around, especially if Caputi is also kept for another year.

O'Marra is a UFA yes, Schofield and Holzapfel are RFA's. Don't know what their or the Ducks intentions are there...

In other news, Sebastian Erixon is heading home to Timra in Sweden.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle15014614.ab

Elvs is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:08 PM
  #111
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,801
vCash: 500
http://www.norfolkadmirals.com/relea...y1.php?id=2610

mightyquack is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 11:53 AM
  #112
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,529
vCash: 500
So you guys went from Syracuse to Norfolk huh?

Cool.

Guys was wondering whats up with holland and how has he made progress?

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 04:17 PM
  #113
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,802
vCash: 500
Am i just missing something or they haven`t anounced the lenght of a cotract?

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 05:37 PM
  #114
randyc
Registered User
 
randyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Length

The contract is for 5 years. After the first 2 year the Ducks can leave but must find the Admirals another affiliate.

randyc is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 06:58 PM
  #115
Gliff
Wild Bill
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
So you guys went from Syracuse to Norfolk huh?

Cool.

Guys was wondering whats up with holland and how has he made progress?
He is a late starter. Always tears it up at the end of the season. He almost made the team out of camp last year and was easily the most impressive in camp. I expect him to make the team this year but probably not out of camp. Carlyle really loved him and BB really loves Palmieri and I doubt they want to have 2 rookies and DSP in the top 6.

Gliff is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 10:03 AM
  #116
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,802
vCash: 500
We should start new thread or leave this and change the name to Norfolk discussion or smth like that?

Anyway...

if we did not qualified Holzapfel, that means we lost Macenauer for nothing? This is just wrong imo.

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 10:14 AM
  #117
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
We should start new thread or leave this and change the name to Norfolk discussion or smth like that?

Anyway...

if we did not qualified Holzapfel, that means we lost Macenauer for nothing? This is just wrong imo.
He helped Syracuse get into the playoffs, so that is something. I think we should have kept him for Norfolk, since he looked impressive from my limited viewings.

Exit Dose is online now  
Old
06-26-2012, 10:21 AM
  #118
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,815
vCash: 708
With the recent QO news, I think Norfolk fans can expect something like:

Maroon - Holland - Etem
Caputi - O'Marra - Lasch
McMillan - UFA - Wagner
Brittain - UFA - Mitchell
Kennedy

Cumiskey - Clark
UFA - UFA
Hegarty? - UFA
UFA

Deslauriers
Bobkov

*Sexton bought out.
*Plenty of new defensemen needed.


Last edited by Elvs: 06-26-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Elvs is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 10:24 AM
  #119
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend
 
quentez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,270
vCash: 500
Too bad Rakell has to stay in the juniors. Believe he is physically capable of playing in the AHL, and it could give him a better progress of his game.

quentez is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 10:43 AM
  #120
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
With the recent QO news, I think Norfolk fans can expect something like:

Maroon - Holland - Etem
Caputi - O'Marra - Lasch
McMillan - UFA - Wagner
Brittain - UFA - Mitchell
Kennedy

Cumiskey - Clark
UFA - UFA
UFA - UFA
UFA

Deslauriers
Bobkov

*Sexton bought out.
*Plenty of new defensemen needed.
Both Wagner and McMillan are C/W players. I wouldn't be surprised if we're pushing for Wagner at center.

Exit Dose is online now  
Old
06-26-2012, 11:12 AM
  #121
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
He helped Syracuse get into the playoffs, so that is something. I think we should have kept him for Norfolk, since he looked impressive from my limited viewings.
If he did so - why aren`t we trying to resign him?

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 11:15 AM
  #122
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Too bad Rakell has to stay in the juniors. Believe he is physically capable of playing in the AHL, and it could give him a better progress of his game.
This. I thought about this to. Even though, i think one year in juniors won`t hurt him to - he could geet even more bigger and develop offensive skills a lot more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Both Wagner and McMillan are C/W players. I wouldn't be surprised if we're pushing for Wagner at center.
Yeah. Wagner seems to be a great FO`s guy to, so i think he will be put in the middle of 2 or 3 C.

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 11:26 AM
  #123
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim
 
ShadowDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
With the recent QO news, I think Norfolk fans can expect something like:

Maroon - Holland - Etem
Caputi - O'Marra - Lasch
McMillan - UFA - Wagner
Brittain - UFA - Mitchell
Kennedy

Cumiskey - Clark
UFA - UFA
Hegarty? - UFA
UFA

Deslauriers
Bobkov

*Sexton bought out.
*Plenty of new defensemen needed.
Pretty much correct, but Mitchell wasn't given a QO.

I'm confused about that, along with Holzapfel. Both looked good during Crunch games.

We can always re-sign Maceneur back since the Jets didn't QO him either

ShadowDuck is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 11:53 AM
  #124
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,815
vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
Pretty much correct, but Mitchell wasn't given a QO.

I'm confused about that, along with Holzapfel. Both looked good during Crunch games.

We can always re-sign Maceneur back since the Jets didn't QO him either
This is another Mitchell. John Mitchell.

http://ducks.ocregister.com/2012/05/...r-deal/109983/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Both Wagner and McMillan are C/W players. I wouldn't be surprised if we're pushing for Wagner at center.
True, I just decided to put them somewhere so the lineup wouldn't look so messed up with all the ////... Anyways, if they do play Wagner or McMillan at center, the chances of Sexton staying should increase a lot.

Elvs is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 12:01 PM
  #125
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim
 
ShadowDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,033
vCash: 500
Ahhh lol that makes sense, good because that's the Mitchell I like.

ShadowDuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.