HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

With the 191st pick, Kings select Paul LaDue

Old
06-23-2012, 02:27 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 500
With the 191st pick, Kings select Paul LaDue

With a sixth-round pick (No. 191 overall) the Kings selected defenseman Paul LaDue from Lincoln of the junior-level United States Hockey League. LaDue, 19, is listed at 6-foot-1, 186 pounds and has committed to play for the University of North Dakota, to start playing in the fall of 2013. LaDue had nine goals, 25 assists and a plus-36 rating in 56 games for Lincoln this season. LaDue is a native of Grand Forks, N.D.

Of eventually joining the University of North Dakota, LaDue told the Lincoln Journal Star, I grew up there, so its always been a dream of mine to play for the Sioux. I feel like its the best fit for me hockey-wise, and a good opportunity for me to move on to the next level after that and hopefully win a national championship someday.

Any kid that UND wants is usually pretty good. They're a ******* developing factory. Let's hope he's no different.

CNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:33 PM
KingLB

HMM 2013, so that means he is gonna spend another year in the USHL?

*Thanks for making the threads.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:34 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
HMM 2013, so that means he is gonna spend another year in the USHL?

*Thanks for making the threads.
Yes. To confirm now, he will be spending another year in the USHL before going to UND. And I believe he was already an overager, right? So look for him to be a prospect with a lot of years ahead of him.

And no problem. Figured it'd be the least I could do. Maybe people will start liking me now?!

Old
06-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Capn Brown

Doesn't Forbort play for the Sioux? Are they D partners?

EDIT: Nevermind...
Quote:
Yes. To confirm now, he will be spending another year in the USHL before going to UND.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:48 PM
SCARFACE909

Apparently my friend who lives in North Dakota and goes to UND knows LaDue personally. Pretty cool.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Yeti
HFBoards Partner

I watched Paul live 40+ times last season so if you guys have any questions, please let me know. I run a blog devoted to the team (Lincoln Stars-USHL) that LaDue played for last season. Very special player.

Played top two minutes for the Stars this season. Honestly, he's more than ready to make the jump to NCAA, but UND didn't have any room on their blueline this season. I believe the only defenseman UND has coming in this season is Jordan Schmaltz, who was a first round pick of the St. Louis Blues. I'm biased, but I think LaDue is just as good as Schmaltz. He's a much better skater, that's for sure. Schmaltz may have more offensive tools, but LaDue is a good two-way defenseman who can handle his own in the offensive zone.

Again, if you guys have any specific questions, let me know. We're very happy for Paul back here in Lincoln. Diamond in the rough type of pick. Here's my blog: http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/

Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:01 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
I watched Paul live 40+ times last season so if you guys have any questions, please let me know. I run a blog devoted to the team (Lincoln Stars-USHL) that LaDue played for last season. Very special player.

Played top two minutes for the Stars this season. Honestly, he's more than ready to make the jump to NCAA, but UND didn't have any room on their blueline this season. I believe the only defenseman UND has coming in this season is Jordan Schmaltz, who was a first round pick of the St. Louis Blues. I'm biased, but I think LaDue is just as good as Schmaltz. He's a much better skater, that's for sure. Schmaltz may have more offensive tools, but LaDue is a good two-way defenseman who can handle his own in the offensive zone.

Again, if you guys have any specific questions, let me know. We're very happy for Paul back here in Lincoln. Diamond in the rough type of pick. Here's my blog: http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/
Awesome! Projection? Comparable NHL player? How physical is he? And has he ever had any issues with teammates?

Old
06-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Sounds like if he pans, he'll be NHL ready in four years...

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:13 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Sounds like if he pans, he'll be NHL ready in four years...
Maybe 5. 1 yr in USHL, 3 in college, 1 in AHL, or all 4 in College.

Old
06-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
I want this guy to make the team and excel so we can yell "La Doooooooo"

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:25 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about him.

I know you said he's a two way defenseman, but is he more of a hitter or more of a finesse/skating two way player?

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 01:10 PM
DaAnimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post

I know you said he's a two way defenseman, but is he more of a hitter or more of a finesse/skating two way player?
I dont think he's much of a physical guy. He's more of a skater. He's perhaps a bigger version of Hickey? Here is a good article about him: http://fanvsfan.com/articles/kings-s...1st-overall--4

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:36 PM
forwhomthebelltolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post

I'm also a Lincoln Stars fan, and he is not so much a physical force, but more of a finesse two-way player. He is just an all-around good, smart, savvy hockey player. He was +36 for Lincoln which was far and away our best number for a DMan. He's a very steady player.

forwhomthebelltolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Sounds very similar to Alec Martinez in terms of style. With the Kings having so many left handed dmen in the system, it's interesting that their three defensemen selections at the draft are all right handed.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote