HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stalberg in Play and Potentially Going to the Eastern Conference

Old
06-25-2012, 10:20 AM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I don't think a 1st would be overrating him when a team is desperate for a depth/scoring LW
You may not be wrong, but you might have chosen the wron teams as examples. Pretty sure Pens and Flyers are looking for top end talent to push all the depth scorers they have out of the top6.

I mean, Cooke, Kennedy, Dupuis, Jeffreys, both Tangradi and Sullivan most likely coming back, they don't need much more depth, they need someone to play with Crosby, so that Dupuis and Sullivan can go where they belong on the freaking line up.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:56 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3druh View Post
I love how the Hawks need guys that can use their size but still produce in the top-6 but should get rid of Stalberg.

I specially love how it's not okay to judge Stalberg because he produced a lot against one team (CBJ) but it's perfectly fine to say he doesn't show up in the playoffs because he played badly against one team (PHO). Nice double standard...
100% correct sir

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:59 AM
DuklaNation

While Stalberg can be a useful player, I dont see him as a good fit on Chicago's top 6. He could be a solid 3rd line winger with that speed. But his weakness is lack of corner work.

DuklaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:13 AM
xX Hot Fuss

If Stalberg develops any semblance of hands he'll be an solid top 6 player. His skating lets him play with anyone IMHO.

Old
06-25-2012, 11:17 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Wouldn't his value be similar to Benoit Pouliot?
Yes. He's probably worth a bit more given that Boston had no plans to keep him, but Stalberg is a slight upgrade over Pouliot if at all.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:21 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
Yes. He's probably worth a bit more given that Boston had no plans to keep him, but Stalberg is a slight upgrade over Pouliot if at all.
Stalberg's value on his own wouldn't be enough to justify trading him. His best value comes in as a sweetener in a package with Hjalmarsson and/or our 1st

Old
06-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3druh View Post
I love how the Hawks need guys that can use their size but still produce in the top-6 but should get rid of Stalberg.

I specially love how it's not okay to judge Stalberg because he produced a lot against one team (CBJ) but it's perfectly fine to say he doesn't show up in the playoffs because he played badly against one team (PHO). Nice double standard
He played terrible in playoffs in 2011 as well

Stalberg is nowhere to be found when the pressure is on

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:19 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Take out his games against Jackets and his offensive #'s aint nothing special

And his D is a wreck as is his play in playoffs
man, I can't believe you won't let it go with this guy. The cognitive dissonance is strong in you. If it's fair game to "take out" things to make our view of reality appear closer to the truth. then it's fine for Stan to take out the anomaly 9-game losing streak and conclude that all's well with hawks.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post
man, I can't believe you won't let it go with this guy. The cognitive dissonance is strong in you. If it's fair game to "take out" things to make our view of reality appear closer to the truth. then it's fine for Stan to take out the anomaly 9-game losing streak and conclude that all's well with hawks.
I have acknowledged that Stalberg at times played pretty good this past year

But he had another horrid playoff and he is UFA in a year

His value will never be higher ,, I dont see him ever being better then what he currently is

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Winnipegs still in the east...

if he can play RW I'd love to have him, especially if he's cheap.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
You may not be wrong, but you might have chosen the wron teams as examples. Pretty sure Pens and Flyers are looking for top end talent to push all the depth scorers they have out of the top6.

I mean, Cooke, Kennedy, Dupuis, Jeffreys, both Tangradi and Sullivan most likely coming back, they don't need much more depth, they need someone to play with Crosby, so that Dupuis and Sullivan can go where they belong on the freaking line up.
That's why I think... If they fail to sign Parise or get Ryan/Nash. Stalberg would become interesting for the Atlantic Div. Teams. Bowman would move him east

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:13 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
That's why I think... If they fail to sign Parise or get Ryan/Nash. Stalberg would become interesting for the Atlantic Div. Teams. Bowman would move him east
So you would expect him to play in the top6 for Pens or Flyers? Still not seeing it. Besides, Shero and Bylsma will stick with Sullivan, if they have to, it doesn't even matter what HF thinks, Sullivan and Adams are leaving the CEC on walkers some day. Book it.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:20 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I have acknowledged that Stalberg at times played pretty good this past year

But he had another horrid playoff and he is UFA in a year

His value will never be higher ,, I dont see him ever being better then what he currently is
Didn't score a Goal the first game so he was banished to the 4th line so Quenneville the genius could find more ice time for Brunette.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote