HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chalk that one up in the we deserved a better fate column.

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

vCash: 500
Chalk that one up in the "we deserved a better fate" column.

Well, thanks to some bad reffing, some oppertune saves and some bad execution from the Oil, we are now .500 and on the brink of falling beneath the pack.

I think we played on of our most solid game of the season, but our defensive coverage still leaves alot to be desired. Conks was good again, but I think you can start to sense the fatigue in his game. He is going down earlier and seems to lose the puck more often now then in his first 9 or 10 games. I also think that our defense has began to cheat infront of him and not give him the support they were in the early going.

Oates was strong, and he seemed to make Horcoff and Laraque better by association. Semenov looked strong at points, as did Bergeron.

Overall, I think we deserved a better fate in that game, and we are really putting ourselves behind the 8-Ball.

Anyways, what did you guys think?

Last edited by Mowzie: 11-28-2003 at 06:53 PM.
Old
11-28-2003, 07:00 PM
Oiltalk

The Oilers better get back to playing some defence or the season will go down the drain for them. The teams youth was displayed tonight. Good to have Oates here to teach them a thing or two.

The next 6 games are teams the Oilers shouldn't have to much trouble with, so I'll reserve my opinions until later.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:01 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Well, thanks to some bad reffing, some oppertune saves and some bad execution from the Oil, we are now .500 and on the brink of falling beneath the pack.

I think we played on of our most solid game of the season, but our defensive coverage still leaves alot to be desired. Conks was good again, but I think you can start to sense the fatigue in his game. He is going down earlier and seems to lose the puck more often now then in his first 9 or 10 games. I also think that our defense has began to cheat infront of him and not give him the support they were in the early going.

Oates was strong, and he seemed to make Horcoff and Laraque better by association. Semenov looked strong at points, as did Bergeron.

Overall, I think we deserved a better fate in that game, and we are really putting ourselves behind the 8-Ball.

Anyways, what did you guys think?
Is Salo's injury more serious than is being reported? If so, the Oilers should make a trade for a goalie. Salo's hip injury is really scaring me. Both Mogilny and T-Bo had hip injuries and eventually needed surgery. IMO, Salo's hip injury is more serious than is being reported. He's out indefinitely and played his last game on November 8 against Toronto. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since he played his last game.

11-28-2003, 07:21 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
Is Salo's injury more serious than is being reported? If so, the Oilers should make a trade for a goalie. Salo's hip injury is really scaring me. Both Mogilny and T-Bo had hip injuries and eventually needed surgery. IMO, Salo's hip injury is more serious than is being reported. He's out indefinitely and played his last game on November 8 against Toronto. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since he played his last game.
Big Valley just got sent down. So I take it Salo's ready to go.

Old
11-29-2003, 04:49 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Big Valley just got sent down. So I take it Salo's ready to go.
It's about time. Maybe Conklin will force Salo to play better.

Old
11-29-2003, 06:43 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

All i will add is that the defence this year really stinks from the forwards and defencemen. what an embarrassment to look up the standing and see we are dead last in goals against. that is really pathetic and i wonder if this is due to mact coaching. seems to me the guys are tuning him out right now. unbelievable, this team is lucky where it is in the standings right now, with terrible defensive coverage, awful powerplay, and last but not least brutal penalty killing. something has to give soon or the slide begins down the standing.
not impressed with this see-saw season, just shows me how young this team is. hopefully oates can make an impression on the young guys. time will tell.

Closed Thread